[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /k/ opt to become a spartan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: 310px-Ghosts_of_Onyx_Cover.jpg (16KB, 310x279px) Image search: [Google]
310px-Ghosts_of_Onyx_Cover.jpg
16KB, 310x279px
Would /k/ opt to become a spartan
>>
>>32710438
Onyx Spartan III's were operator as fuck. I'd rather be a Spartan III or ODST than a Spartam II. II's are nearly autistic.
>>
I am.
>>
File: 117-large[1].jpg (39KB, 1277x716px) Image search: [Google]
117-large[1].jpg
39KB, 1277x716px
>>32710438
I would fight, and die for my species survival
>>
>>32710438
Eh, waste of the technology. I would gain a cute jackals friendship!
>>
>>32710457
I meant to type III but I cannot into typing
>>
>>32710438
>female spartans
jej
>>
>>32710438

Yeah, I'd be a Spartan. From the 4th century.
>>
>>32710457
> not wanting to be part of the kidnapped augmented indoctrinated supersoldier masterrace
>>
File: 1483559240086.png (81KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483559240086.png
81KB, 350x350px
>>32710438

You misspelled "Space Marine."
>>
>>32710438
god i fucking love this book
>>
>>32714409
The nova bomb was OP as fuck
>>
File: 1388066007739.jpg (162KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388066007739.jpg
162KB, 800x600px
>>32714404
>>
>>32710580
Ok real talk, i totally wanted to see merc jackals working for humans wearing hurman based armor in Halo 5
>>
Only a true MK II spartan. None of that knock off shit.
>>
>>32710438
Lets be fair, 99.9% of us would not survive and those that did would be crippled for life.
>>
>>32714530

But what if im lucky?
>>
>>32710457
The only autistic SII is John.
>>
>>32710457
Spartan 3s were undertrained and unaugmented cannon fodder, they're the opposite of operator
>>
>>32712810
There have always been female spartans?
>>
>>32714703
Hey weren't really undertrained, they were just put into situations that they weren't expected to survive. They were sent on suicide missions and had a higher mortality rate as a result.

They were better trained than everyone but the II's they just didn't have God-tier armor and augmentations.
>>
>>32714753
I was talking about the onyx spartans, literally halfway through training, fighting the covenant
>>
>>32710457
>>32714614
>all these Salty III's posting
Manlets BTFO
Only the real deal super soldiers can make the cut
>>
>>32714753
>higher mortality rate as a result.
You mean nearly 100%? Only two spartan 3s out of thousands survived their first mission to destroy a covenant power plant or whatever it was
>>
>>32710457
>I can't even survive a little fall from orbit the post
Thanks but I'll take the augmentations
>>
>>32710438

>S2

1's are alright; but like anything first gen has it quirks
3's are the honda civic of spartans, just crank them out and off they go
4's are legit, odst in spartan armor.

Source : Masterchief basically being the most badass motherfucker in videogaming for the last decade.
>>
>>32710438
No.
>>
>>32714799
That tends to happen when your source of extraction is destroyed. ODSTs wouldn't have been able to accomplish Prometheus or Torpedo. IIIs are just better trained and equipped ODSTs that are seen as disposable when used in highly critical missions.

You wouldn't say ODSTs weren't operator if they were sent on a suicide mission and died. That was just the III's jobs, they were expected to die. Hard as fuck imo
>>
>>32714944
They were made from the beginning to be disposable and minimum training/investment to be effective, not operator
>>
>>32715194
I mean that was for the rank and file

headhunters on the other hand
>>
>>32715194
>disposable with minimum training.
>groomed since the age of ~6-10 to kill and operate, given augmentation that was only slightly inferior to the SII's, and given armor that is only exceeded by the powered Mjolnir armor of the SII's (Which some SIII's had access to anyway).

Pick one. They weren't the demi-god tanks that the SII's were portrayed as but they were still highly trained operators. The problem is that whenever you talk about SII's you have to bring up John but that motherfucker is the enigma. Compare Jorge to the SIII's in Noble, they're pretty similar.
>>
File: Headhunter.jpg (49KB, 993x803px) Image search: [Google]
Headhunter.jpg
49KB, 993x803px
>>32715267
forgot pic
>>
File: 1484259732590.jpg (177KB, 1280x645px) Image search: [Google]
1484259732590.jpg
177KB, 1280x645px
I'd chose to be an SIII, provided I was working as a NOBLE Team style unit, rather than on the suicide missions.
>>
reminder that ODST is a volunteer force and has a massive casualty rate because drop pods kill the pilots so only retards and people in severe debt join ODST
>>
>>32714898
Your source should have told you about Doomslayer. He shits all over Master Chief.
>>
Ghosts of Onyx was probably the best halo book i've ever read, although the only other two i've read were Reach and First strike which basically told the same story as the games.
>>
The orbital pod impacted, and metal wrenched and sparked. Inside his cocoon of
titanium, lead foil, and stealth ablative coating, SPARTAN-B292 watched black stars explode
across his vision, he tasted blood in his mouth, and the last air compressed from his lungs.
Tom's training kicked in: he pulled the pod's twisted frame apart and blinked in the bright
blue sunlight.
Something was wrong. 85 Pegasi-914A was supposed to be a faint yellow sun. This was
electric blue—boiling plasma blue.
He jumped, rolling to one side as the blast washed over him. The outer layers of his
Semi-Powered Infiltration armor boiled and peeled like a bad sunburn.
"Training," his instructor, Lieutenant Commander Ambrose, had said. "Your training must
become part of your instinct. Drill until it becomes part of your bones." Tom reacted without
thought; a lifetime of training took over.
He raised his MA5K assault rifle and fired along the trajectory of the plasma bolt, making
sure to sweep low.
His eyes cleared, and as he automatically reloaded his weapon, he finally saw the
surface of Pegasi Delta. It could have been hell: red rocks; orange dust-filled sky; the scars
of a dozen impact skids and craters around him; and thirty meters ahead, dark purple
splashes of Jackal blood soaking into the sand.
>>
>>32715620
>and has a massive casualty rate because drop pods kill the pilots

As opposed to them dropping literally right on top of the enemy
>>
>>32715918
not from same part but still epic

Red ovals appeared on Tom's TACMAP: Covenant Seraphs on another attack run. More
than before… three… six… ten.
Tom glanced to either side and saw his comrades, hundreds of Spartans running across
the broken ground. The dust from their charge filled the air and mingled with the smoke from
the last plasma blasts.
Three Spartans lagged behind, turned, and braced, holding M19-B SAM missile
launchers. They fired. Missiles streaked into the atmosphere, leaving snaking trails of vapor.
The first bounced off an incoming Seraph's shield; the missile exploded, not damaging
the craft, but buffeting it nonetheless
into its wingman. Both craft tumbled, lost fifty meters of altitude, and then recovered—but
their leading edges scraped the ground, dissipating their weakened shields, and they spun
end over end erupting into fiery pinwheels.
>>
>>32714459
>having any expectations for 343i
>>
>>32710438
>tfw i want a Jorge orientated prequel (on Pc with Steam Co-op support...)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.