[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M9A3 v P226 Mk25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: M9A3-DESERT-COLOR-N-SHIT.png (125KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
M9A3-DESERT-COLOR-N-SHIT.png
125KB, 400x366px
I'm looking for a full size 9mm and have narrowed it down to the M9A3 and Mk25.

What do?
>>
>>32710165
M9A3 cuz sig a shit
>>
File: Sig-Sauer-MK25_001.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sig-Sauer-MK25_001.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>32710165
Mk25 with srt. Do it...do it now.
>>
>>32710165
I would choose a Beretta over a Sig ANY day of the week. And I say that having owned many Sigs.

But that said, you should get an H&K USP instead.
>>
>>32710240
Less a shit than slide mounted controls.
>>
File: nh-el-small.jpg (77KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
nh-el-small.jpg
77KB, 720x480px
Really depends on the decocker placement that you prefer.

Nobody can really tell you which one to get, try a P226 and an M9 to get an idea of how they shoot.
>>
>>32710165
I prefer Beretta for the trigger and the lack of the decocker hump thing where I rest my thumb, but that is a just a comfort issue. Have you had the opportunity to handle both yet?
>>
OP here, which one do you think has the longest life in terms of road count?
>>
>>32710165
hold them both and try it out.
i own and love my mk-25, but as >>32710289
said, a lot of people have issue with the decocker and slide release getting in the way.

Also if you have tiny babby hands like i do and still want to get the mk25, i recommend the e^2 grips.
>>
Sig QC is trash and they overprice like no other gun company

get the beretta
>>
>>32710304
If you can afford enough ammo to wear out the gun, then you can afford to fix/replace it. Both guns have parts that wear, but as long as you keep to your basic maintenance schedule, they will last tens of thousands of rounds.

>inb4 locking block
>inb4 Exeter
>inb4 aluminum
>>
>>32710304
Beretta. The Sigs beat themselves to death and will start shaving material off the frame rails as soon as the thick grease thins out, which happens immediately when you start shooting it.
>>
>>32710273
If you cant handle slide mounted safety that the gubmint asked for than maybe you shouldnt handle a gun
>>
>>32710380
I literally cant because my thumb isn't 4x jointed
>>
>>32710365
>aluminum

I wish more guns were steel framed. I know you can get a CZ or a $1300 steel frame Sig but I'd buy a steel A3 right fucking now.
>>
>>32710304
Sig, hands down.
>>
>>32710165
The range near me has both in their rental case. I highly doubt you live anywhere near me but call around. Go shoot them. They both look good but I can tell you the Mk25 is very thick for IWB conceal carry.

>>32710240
Also this.

Finally, for what it's worth I've settled into being a CZ and HK fanboy after having owned a Legion and later selling it.
>>
>buying a regurgitated '80s DA/SA boat anchor that attempts to justify its 1000% markup by slapping on a new finish and threaded barrel

don't touch that button or you'll wake up the CZ drones
>>
>>32710349
>Sig overprices like no other gun company
>I am such a newb I don't yet know about HK
>>
>>32710432
>I'd buy a steel A3 right fucking now.
How about a single action only Centennial with frame-mounted safety?
http://vizardsgunsandammo.com/beretta-92-centennial-9mm-4-9-as-15-sh-steel-frame-1-of-500/
>>
>>32710394
Then you never handled a M9 before
>>
>>32710432
I don't put much faith in steel frames, honestly. I have a Beretta that was made in 2003 that still has all the finish on the six (!) Sections of frame rail. The machining quality and design clearances between slide and frame make all the difference.
>>
>>32710500
That's because Beretta builds their guns right. All the Sigs that I've owned started to show wear on the frame rails after about 50 rounds.
>>
File: Untitled.png (679KB, 934x388px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
679KB, 934x388px
>>32710304
As a someone who owns a Sig, most likely the M9. Sigs are known to be a bit more maintenance intensive.

But this shouldn't even be a consideration for buying a gun.

>>32710365 is right.
>>
>>32710488
Unlike Sig, HK actually delivers on all that advertising claiming reliability and exacting QC.
So they're not really overpriced.
>>
Unless I'm missing something the palm swell on the A3 is different from previous M9 and so it may shoot very different for an individual user?

The A3 will be a much rarer gun than the SIG because of it not getting the gub'ment contract?

I've never shot a Beretta. The SIG with an SRT is very nice shooting but thick and also gay.
>>
>>32710493
>$1,700

I'll just buy a SS Elite Sig.
>>
If you want a durable Sig, get the stainless steel slide versions.
>>
Beretta 92 accurate even with rust and beat up part I shoot in Army.

More accurate than new Glock I used to have until I sell for Cheeseburger.

M9A3 must be only more accurate because less beat up and more new.

FDE look good try not fuck up Cerakote with solvent you sloppy ass.

Sig is neat but no experience with. I hear customer service is nightmare mode.
>>
>>32710544
That's a good price for that model. When they were introduced, they were going for $3500+
>>
>>32710550
All Exeter Sigs use stainless steel slides. The stainless steel is harder and more abrasive on the anodized aluminum frame rails, so the pre-Exeter, mostly West German Sigs were actually far more durable than the current pistols you can buy with the Sig name brand on them.
>>
>>32710515
I've put 2000 rounds down an NH Sig P226 with out a single malfunction and barely any wear to the rails.
>>
>>32710558
>>FDE look good try not fuck up Cerakote with solvent you sloppy ass.

Can anyone who speaks coherent English confirm or deny that the M9A3 finish can be fucked up with certain solvents? In my experience, cerakote is resistant to running when exposed to things like alcohol and strong solvents.
>>
>>32710530
The back of the a3 grip is flat. Think 1911 flat mainspring housing. The earlier 92a1 has a nice radius cut for the thumb, which makes it feel much nicer than the original m9/92. The best comparison I can give you is the difference between the USP and the USP compact in terms of how that changes the gen of the grip. >>32710500 is my Beretta. It is an older Vertec model with the same flat back as the a3.
>>
>>32710601
>>32710601
I had several failure to eject with my p229.
It came with some minor blemishes to the finish.
The rails started show wear pretty quickly but it did stop when I switched from oil to some rather expensive teflon impregnated grease.
>>
>>32710530
I think the a3 comes with grips to mimic the original palm swell.
>>
>>32710668
Yes, the grip is modular. They only show it in pictures with the smallest grip configuration.
>>
Okay, what about the M9A3 vs the Brigadier version? Beretta claims its the high durability version.
>>
File: m9_zoom001.jpg (62KB, 840x567px) Image search: [Google]
m9_zoom001.jpg
62KB, 840x567px
>>32710642
Thanks. Yeah OP can compare your grip to this.
I highly recommend OP call around to ranges and hopefully one has an m9 and p226 in their rental case so he can go shoot them.

I brought up the grip difference just so OP would be aware of it.

How would you say they compare in thickness, the m9 to the p226?
>>
>>32710713
There's more material to the Brig slide.
Theoretically it'd last longer, but that's like comparing the speeds of tectonic plates- it doesn't really matter to most mortals. Normal slides do fine even with +P.
>>
>>32710713
The Brigs are graced with a heavy slide, but it makes little difference. Unless you intend to get a .357 SIG conversion barrel or run silly overpressure. 40 S&W, there is no real reason to get one. If you decide that you need that slide bump in your life, be aware that you will need to get a holster designed for the thicker slide.
>>
>>32710380
B A I T
A
I
T
>>
>>32710720
I tend to ride up with my thumbs a lot, and that happens to hit the aforementioned decocker housing on the 226. It makes the 226 feel very bulky in my admittedly small hands. I do rathwr like the SAO 226 that I used at a meetup. The newer SIG grips are very good and go a long way toward addressing my issues with the 226, though I find that I still prefer the Beretta more. My Beretta has a decocker only conversion done, which also eases the pain of my manlet hands.
>>
>>32710822
Fit is an individual thing. I was hoping you could give some insight as to their relative thickness for comfort in IWB carry?
>>
>>32710897
Sorry, I never CCd a 226. My Beretta is not a pleasant gun for appendix carry. I generally carry it IWB at about my 10. I am 5'10 and about 170, if that helps.

That said, unpleasant though it may be, 18+1 with 4.9 inch barrel is a mean piece of work. I never feel undergunned.
>>
Glock 19 Perfection
>>
>>32710973
Understandable. Thanks for the feedback.
I can tell you that I have IWB'd a p229 and it was more thick than comfy.

>>32711024
Honestly, Glocks may feel and shoot like garbage but they are the most comfortable double stack 9mm I've carried to date. Relatively thin and flat sided with no beaver tail, big levers or anything to poke at you. Proportionally, the Glock 19 is about perfect for carrying around all day.
I'm still quite content and even happy to carry my p2000 instead.
>>
>>32711065
for me the most comfortable to carry has been walther. I didn't want to buy when but when I held one I was basically like, "ahhh fuck I'm taking this home".
>>
>>32711142
Walther's are nice. I carried a Walther PPS all summer and it was great but it should be as a single stack.
>>
>>32710258
No.
>>
>>32710165
Sig because M9s are garbage like everything else the Itallians make.
>>
>>32711161
I just got the M2 PPS. I'm really surprised people buy the shield over this thing.
>>
>>32710592
>so the pre-Exeter, mostly West German Sigs were actually far more durable than the current pistols you can buy with the Sig name brand on them.

This is completely false.
>>
>>32711230
t. retarded grunt that uses his to hammer in tent stakes
>>
>>32710304
This isn't round count related, but three years ago I lost my p229 in heavy snow while walking around my fathers property. Two years later he found it, dropped it in a bucket of solvent and had it working after some cleanup. I'll make a thread for it next time I visit him.

Yes, it has cycled a couple hundred rounds since then.
>>
>>32711602
It's absolutely not false.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.