[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger Super Blackhawk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: superblackhawk.jpg (12KB, 475x167px) Image search: [Google]
superblackhawk.jpg
12KB, 475x167px
Anyone own one or several or have a lot of experience with these? I'm thinking of buying a 5.5" .44

Should I go Bisley or standard grips? Are the sights decent? Just looking for overall impressions from experienced anons.
>>
File: IMG_4724.jpg (1MB, 2090x1173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4724.jpg
1MB, 2090x1173px
Hopefully you'll still be around.

They are built like tanks and will outlive you.

The muzzle blast from .44 mag out of a 5 inch barrel will be considerable, and should be fun to witness.

Bisley grips were designed as "target" grips for early colt SAA's. More practical on a gun with a better sight radius like a 7.5"

The target sights are nice and will get the job done. Spring kits are available to improve the triggers.
>>
I have two of the full-size Bisleys in .45 Colt.

The hammer spur is a lot more conveniently placed with the Bisley grip and hammer. The recoil is more straight-back, as opposed to the usual Super Blackhawk muzzle flip. I've shot a 4.625" Super Blackhawk in .44 magnum, and it had a decent muzzle flash and was pretty loud, but it was reasonably light for what it was.

I have a Bowen Rough-Country sight I need to install on my 5."5" blued Bisley. I also want to buy another set of Elk grips.
>>
File: IMG_20170118_173457_527-1-2.jpg (110KB, 899x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_173457_527-1-2.jpg
110KB, 899x1011px
Picked one up with a 7.5" barrel Wednesday. Shoots nice right out of the box. Paid 749 for it
>>
Bisley is best, especially compared the squared trigger guard. Dragoon style grips were designed at the request of Elmer Keith and that magnificent fucker, while legendary, had snowflake baby hands. Avoid them unless you enjoy bloody knuckles.

Haven't shot a blackhawk personally, but I have shot a 5.5 inch redhawk. Recoil wasn't terrible, though they were WWB which are supposed to be rather weak. If the muzzle blast is too much for you weaker loads are always an option, those are more than enough to take deer without a problem. Sights are on point and IIRC stainless models have easily replaced front sights.

You really can't go wrong with Ruger big bores unless you want something light.
>>
>>32709865
Holding a SAA, never in my life did I say to myself, "Hmm, I wish this thing would have more muzzle flip."

I'll stick to my S&W 29-3 unless I get the wild hair up my ass to start pushing the reloading envelope.
>>
>>32711559
You have to remember it was originally designed to be fired single handedly from a horse. The muzzle flip was a benefit, as it helps you get your thumb up on the hammer again quickly.
>>
>>32711071
>that neckbeard
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32709865
They're fun as hell OP.
I bought one just a few months ago, one of the best purchases I've made.
It's got a really nice kick, but you can still shoot it one handed pretty easily if you wanna feel cool.
>>
Wish they still made it in .357 Maximum.

>>32712667
>looking at his beard instead of his big shiny shooting iron
C'mon.
>>
File: beard nod.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
beard nod.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>32716010
>.357 Maximum
>>
>>32718287
The frame-cutter.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Let me tell y'all about kick
>pic related

I want another 44mag revolver and a marlin 1894. I think I'm starting to like this round.
>>
>>32719696
>Australia mode
Goddamnit
>>
File: ruger_super_bh_rib.jpg (45KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
ruger_super_bh_rib.jpg
45KB, 567x425px
I want a blued Blackhawk with a full vent rib, regardless of .357 or .44 Magnum. Its got that pseudo-Python vibe and I dig it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.