[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in shtf, which worries you more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 25

File: FUDDvs0perat0r.jpg (310KB, 1278x789px) Image search: [Google]
FUDDvs0perat0r.jpg
310KB, 1278x789px
inb4 doesnt scared of anything
>>
>>32709663
I honestly don't know what would be more scary.
inna woods man or tacticool man
Depends if they were solo or in groups. If solo then bubba with his rifle
>>
Fudd might actually know how to shoot.

Mallninja hasn't done much other than magdump targets 10 yards away generally.
>>
>>32709663
woods guy cause he looks like he knows what hes doing.
>>
>>32709663
Woods guy looks scary. The other guy looks like a faggot.
>>
>>32709663
Woods guy. You'd never see him and he'd shoot to kill
>>
>>32709702
this, woods guy has probly spent the better part of 20-30 years stalking and hunting in those woods, he can shoot, knows how to track your spoor, and cover his own, he can live on cold ground and eat what he finds, tacticool rig bro just has lots of heavy pointless gear that he thinks makes him operator, hes probly not very fit or strong, hes doesnt look remotely hard, and hes gonna overestimate himself 9 times out of ten, would still probly be able to do well at blowing people away in a street fight at close range, but i would put money on woods guy lasting for years instead of weeks like tactibro
>>
>>32709784
innawoods man can also be a fucking fudd that takes an hour to sight in his deer rifle at the range

no one said anything about either of their skill levels.
>>
>>32709663
The FUD,
>>
Hunters
>experience shooting (accurately)
>knows their weapon
>familiar with environment
>Noise discipline
>Effective Camo for specific area
>Self sustainable in areas with game
>somewhat decent shape
>long range, you'll be shot before you see them

Mall ninjas
>maybe experience shooting once a month at the range
>probably knows their weapon, or gets their dad to clean it
>rarely goes innawoods
>tacticool camo may be effective for general area
>doesn't know how to skin a deer
>usually overweight
>only have to think about worrying when you get in range of their rds

(experienced) Hunters are just naturally adapted to spending time in the woods unnoticed and killing animals from a distance. I'd take a fudd with his .270 over a mallninja with his $2000 AR any day
>>
>>32709663
What scares me the most will be the lack of advanced medical care.

I have young children who haven't received necessary vaccination.

Lack of antibiotics and sterile environment for procedures.
>>
Mallninja. Woods guy probably shoots better, but he's more likely to go innawoods and keep to himself. Mallninja probably doesn't have anywhere near the outdoor or survival skills that Woods guy has, and as a result would be more desperate and trigger-happy if his food stocks starting running low. There is also a greater potential that he's one of those "apex predator" wannabe prepper guys who's fantasized about SHTF and would be openly confrontational. This is even more likely given his body adiposity and the desperation he will experience without being able to raid his mother's fridge. Woods guy is most likely better at survival, shooting, and camouflaging himself, but Mallninja has that factor of unpredictability.
>>
>>32709854
Better stock up on fish antibiotics and Popov vodka, then.
>>
File: 1383607514018.gif (1MB, 355x249px) Image search: [Google]
1383607514018.gif
1MB, 355x249px
I live in Kansas, so it's going to be all fudd hunters and pissed off rednecks on meth. I guess methheads are scary. The not trashy rednecks are really nice people.
>>
in shtf I'm more scared of the guy with camo and a deer rifle than I am of the mall ninja with the tactical dump pouch.

The guy with the camo can pot me at 300 yards before I've even seen him coming if he has two brain cells to rub together, and he's gonna last a lot longer than the mall ninja because the mall ninja's just gonna burn through all of his ammo in the first two days trying to be a hero and then be fucked having no other useful skills and not having planned to operate outside of the extensive supply chain that is the modern transportation infrastructure.

The fudd has gear to at least live in the woods for a while, until he shits himself to death of dysentery, and he can in theory provide for himself by hunting until that happens. That rifle is also good for reaching out and touching people when he gets desperate for supplies he's run out of.

Not that I want to be shot at by either, but in SHTF it's a game of innawoods because if you stay anywhere even remotely populated you're hosed, and innawoods fudd's the bigger threat.
>>
>>32709866
yeah man that mallninja is going to be tactically climbing fucktons of fences to raid the suburban pantries for spaghettios. its not like he'd be dying of exhaustion after trying to infiltrate through 3 backyards( because hes out of shape as fuck) and resorting to walking down the middle of the street in a plate carrier that says shoot me in the dick on sight.
>>
>>32709800
>t. Tacticoolfag
Damn you fags surely are obnoxious and easy to detect. Learn to conceal your power level.
>>
>>32709800

As opposed to a mall ninja who zeroes his red dot in 5 minutes for minute of plate at 50 yards?
>>
>>32709663

You will be one of the first to die if SHTF wearing the attire on the right, in reality the mall ninjas will be picked off from a few hundred yards away with some deer rifle.
>>
FUDD
>old
>shaky hands
>low rate of fire
>4x scope only (his eyes aren't what they used to be)
>decent supply of food
>good bush craft
>wears realtree
>Rifle can penetrate plates

TAC FAG
>More likely to start shit
>better at less that 100 yards
>Impervious to chest shots
>wears tan camo in the woods
>doesn't know terrain. slower

I fear the tacticool more because he's liable to want a fight. If I stay out of the fudd's land, I'm OK.
>>
File: The_End_confronting_Snake.jpg (159KB, 1269x510px) Image search: [Google]
The_End_confronting_Snake.jpg
159KB, 1269x510px
>>32709663
Fudd.
>>
>>32710088
>Impervious to chest shots
>Implying that plate carrier actually has plates in it
>Implying that if it did have plates, being shot with anything above lol9mm doesn't fucking suck even if the plate catches it
>Implying plates don't wear after repeated hits
>>
>>32709663
being shot at is scary period.

doesn't matter if it's some howdyduddy lookin mother fucker with a 22lr or some Delta cat with a M110
>>
>>32709854
I've saved up some painkillers and an antibiotics regime that I was prescribed but didn't need.
>>
>>32710013
>>32709984

they can both be shit famalam

"real" woodsmen are very few in number though
>>
>>32709663
what worries me more is the 12 year old hiding in some bush less than a hundred yards away scared with a 10/22 thats gonna put a round through my throat and run away while I choke on my own blood

thats what you need to worry about faggots
>>
>>32710856
faggots come in all forms
>>
>>32709663
Wannabe operators are probably a bigger threat, since they're likely to have only stocked up on ammo and shitty "gear," and thus will have to "DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE" to families that actually bought shit like water and easily preserved food.

Regardless of their respective skill levels, the fudd will just stay in his corner of the woods and avoid conflict as much as possible while the floperator won't be able to sleep without at least attempting some shit he saw in a nutn'fancy video.
>>
I'd be scarred of riots. A dude or a group attack is somewhat manageable, but you can't deal with a SHTF riot effectively, unless you pack some serious fire power.

Also, boredom/despair would be the second major issue to me. I'd probably end up killing myself or go full rambo last stand if it last more than a few months.
>>
>>32710960
>boredom/despair
It would be amazing, I would finally be freed from the captivity of the internet. I would make so much shit.
>>
>tfw diabetic
>if the designated shitting fan goes uncleaned for more than 2 years I die
>can't be mobile with all those medical supplies
>don't really have to worry too much about it besides a bug in plan
>>
>>32709663
how do you deal with the guy on the left assuming I am somehow still alive and not ventilated? Is there such thing as like a counter sniping operation?
>>
>>32710960
>Riots

First, if you've advertised your house has food you're doing it very, very wrong.

Second, mobs of undisciplined people scatter like mice when accurate and difficult to pinpoint and effective rifle fire starts dropping them.

If you're trying to go THROUGH the riot on foot then you deserve what you get
>>
>>32709663
The tactifag on the right scares me far more. The guy on the left is more likely to just go about his business and leave me alone. The guy on the right has got something to prove, wants to be a star/hero, probably will demand to be in control or for me to share my food both of which could result in a fight. He scares me more precisely because he's incompetent.
>>
>>32711078
>Is there such thing as like a counter sniping operation

Don't walk around like a retard unless there is an absolute need to.

Don't walk around alone.
>>
>>32711078
lay down in the woods and hope he walks in your line of sight long enough to take a shot at him. its really a game of who can stay unseen the best.
>>
The fudd knows how to shoot and stalk. The mall ninja would probably be noisy and mag dump with zero trigger discipline and poor groupings. Would fear a skilled hunter over a mall ninja.
>>
>>32709854

Do what I do , I stock up on common items that can be useful ; musinex , ibuprofen, aspirin , hard alcohol ( disinfectant , sterile tools and also numb pain ) also any harder pain meds and COMPLETE regimens for sickness. Don't forget the meds for common stuff that are a pain and can kill like the shits , bandages for exposed cuts ( sterile cloth with sugar/honey/salt in the wounds to keep it good ) , nausea meds , splints , and the sorts.

For kids infant/children meds are a must , along with any special meds try to stock up or look for alternatives. Also charcoal, refined charcoal helps if they get poisoned or swallow something bad. Epikak also is good if something wrong is eaten.

Common medical tech and practice along with talking with doctors and pediatrician's go along way to learning what you can and can't give also good cheat's if you don't have exactly what they need.
>>
File: IMG_4948[1].jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4948[1].jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>32711369
I was prescribed these when I burned my hand.
>>
File: GUN.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
GUN.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
>>32711444
I got prescribed that because of a painfully huge boil on my ass caused by MRSA. Literally given oxy for being butthurt.

Thank you for your service(?) and the trips.
>>
>>32709663
Honestly the bubba in car harts up in a tree. He'd wait 36 hours for me without moving and I'd be dropped before I ever even suspected what happened
>>
>>32709663
I think the tacti-cool people scare me more because of poor decision making.

Let's say both are equally great. Im a small town guy. Don't have friends. I spend my free time in the mountains. Middle of nowhere. I can't speak for all hunters but even in whatever conflict were in, I would bet I wouldn't be part of it. I would just want to be left alone and not everyone has to die. I would rather go undetected than take someones son or father away. Don't get me wrong...Life has shown me that it's mean and any of you would kill me just cause of my differences. I wouldn't hesitate. I just feel like most mall ninjas would get confused. Clouded judgement.
>>
>>32711078
>how do you deal with the guy on the left
yell "hello" and make yourself known. more than likely he wont be aggressive for no reason
>>
>>32709925
I live in the city so the urban youth population is going to worry me more
>>
>>32711537
Finally, someone agreeing with me >>32711105
Thank you!
>>
>>32709663
needing to take a massive shit on the battlefield.
>>
Fudd by far. All hunter do is kill, it is literally the definition of hunting.
probably 10% of tacticool fags actually could pull the trigger if they needed to, and the ones that actually would would probably hesitate. They hunter wouldnt have that problem.
>>
>The idea that my friends are all dead or worse alive in this hellscape. Worse yet that I would probably never get the answer to that question and it would keep me up at night. Wondering if they're suffering and no one help them nor you.
>>
Neither? A lone man is a small threat to a group.
>>
File: 1467692572968.jpg (84KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
1467692572968.jpg
84KB, 960x701px
>>32711614
Pic related.
>>
>>32711614
Well, by not having friends I don't have to worry about that.
>>
>>32709663
An analogy that pops into my head is:

Dependable pickup vs High performance car.

Well rounded, can fill multiple rolls, low maintenance, can operate in wide variety of conditions, dependable.

VS

Fast, fun, high maintenance, useless in some conditions, temperamental.
>>
>>32710088
>Rifle can penetrate plates
and then theres videos of ceramic plates stopping multiple .338 lm hits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paf3VtmLZuc

>>32710202
>Implying that if it did have plates, being shot with anything above lol9mm doesn't fucking suck even if the plate catches it
unless someone is shooting you with something huge like .338 no it doesnt suck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x59iN4KMz4
>>
>>32709663
despite innawoods bro being generally better trained (just a guess) and more stable minded to better assess the situations he puts himself in i would be more afraid of mallninjabro because he might just be a risky lunatic and try to start shit. he might just get himself killed in the process but he would still be dangerous.
>>
>>32711624
Simo haya, "the white death" would say otherwise.
>>
>>32709745
I think you are assuming a lot from the picture. Being good at hunting doesn't make you some sort of live off the land snake eater. Most hunters don't even stalk game, they just know the land and sit in trees.

I'd still be more worried about innawoods guy if i was innawoods. In other places it might be a tossup.
>>
>>32709925
>>32711584
Also live in the city, well, a suburb of Wichita. Mall ninjas would only be an issue if you egress immediately.
>>
>>32709854
This would be my number 3 or 4. Clean water, dindus, sanitation, medical (related but different considerations), corrupt authoritys (followed by none) and lastly neighbors
>>
>>32709663
A loved one getting sick

>no modern medicine
>literally can't figure out what's wrong
>is it cancer, brain tumor, contagious
>helplessly watch person die
>>
>>32709663
Who the fuck would be afraid of a fat sack of shit with too much cash and a taste for role play dress up
>>
>>32711814
Really? He wasn't part of the Finnish Army?
>>
>>32711105
I don't know, I'm probably what you'd call a tacticool faggot but I'm still a nice person you know ? Only peoples I would hassle are probably sandniggers if I ever encounter some (I'm in EU)
>>
>>32713496
So you're a fat fuck with more money than sense
>EU
Kek
>>
>>32711609
Hunters kill animals other than humans. The difference is the mindset and morals. Hunters justify killing animals because they need food (or trophies if you're a piece of shit). My dad is the fuddiest of fuds but he'd never kill someone unless they were threatening my family because thats the only justifiable reason to kill for him.
>>
>>32709841
For every hunter that knows how to shoot and about firearms there are 20 that couldn't hit a fucking barn and know fuck all other than fuddlore, with zero fieldcraft ability.
>>
>>32711685
Heard about the 338 were those level 3 or 4 (cant bring up YouTube with current connection). I also wonder how a hotloaded 300 winmag (ruger #1) would fare with the typical 30 cal ap
>>
i think the faux operator types might be more likely to shoot you since they feel like they need to kill everyone that isn't them during shtf.

the problem is that no one ever thinks about the bigger picture, they all just want to go in the woods or in their bunker and shoot anyone they see, no one thinks about rallying their neighborhood/town/city to restore order.
>>
>>32711685
>and then theres videos of ceramic plates stopping multiple .338 lm hits

and so you think that plate would help yu against a 338lm in shtf? dude, git woke. stealth and maneouverability and the ability to loose ppl is much more important than armour. I'd be wearing armour only when I'm in a vehicle and liable to being ambushed. Then I'd put on as much armour as I can.
>>
>>32713574
Helps if the neighborhood actually is a community. Culture (multiple type) took a bite out of civic engagement at all levels. I give rednecks credit though, they can get shit together with their neighbors
>>
>>32713574
>no one thinks about rallying their neighborhood/town/city to restore order.

SHTF rests on the assumption that this not possible because ppl are assholes. and looking around, it's a pretty reasonable assumption.
>>
>>32713634
in a true SHTF people run out of food and water and have to turn inwards to get supplies from their neighbours and such.
>>
>>32713634

yeah but people also don't want to go to sleep every night worrying that they might be murdered. its not hard to believe that a neighborhood of people that don't really talk to each other could group together to at least make some semblance of order and security.
>>
>>32709663
It doesn't mention the experience of either, so really this is just a difference in kit. I assume you mean Fudd vs. Tactitard, in which cares neither, fudd can't hit anything further than 75 yards from his treestand, and tactitard will soon run out of hotpockets and become immobilized.

Alternatively, dude with gun in the woods vs. dude with gun in the city, I'll take the guy in the woods.
There are plenty of resources in the forest, so he's much less likely to shoot me for my beans. we can split up workload and build a bitchin camp together.

The dude fucking around in the city on the other hand has no way of getting food for himself beyond taking it from others, and is therefore most likely going to be hostile.
>>
>>32713517
This, but still better than tactibro
>>
>>32713643
>>32713647
I get you. I'm not disputing that sommunities of good neighbours and friends exist and that some of them have the knowledge and gear to make it. But this is far from the rule. suburbanites are trash people. I have lived among thehm in 3 countries. city people are trash too. but at least with city folks, you'd never be lulled into the belief or idea that you ahve friends who'd (be able to) help you. best you can do is live close to your extended family on your own land, with loads of meds like antibiotics, ammo and guns water sources, food and livestock. quite frankly, if I knew shtf was coming, I'd probably get a boat and wait out the most of it somewhere in the pacific.
>>
File: 1482514827247.jpg (73KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482514827247.jpg
73KB, 702x1024px
What the fuck is anyone talking about anymore. The two aren't mutually exclusive to either.

A lot of fuddites HAVE to be rich just to hunt. A lot of that money comes from family college military or a combo of all three which is usually the case. If you see either assume they can do one or the other.

All the same if we were to differentiate their procurement of supplies neither would be sustainable.

Canned goods would run out fast and given only 10% of the population cares to farm id say wildlife would go dodo fast.

Literally the whole thread is jealousy against someone who has $3,000 set aside for guns and gear.
>>
>>32713750
>wildlife would go dodo fast.
if 300m amiercans had to hunt for food, wildlife would go extinct in less than half a year. but that's the catch, SHTF assumes, ususally, that substantial amounts of people (50% and up) will die...
>>
>>32713750
>Have to be rich to hunt
Wat
>>
>>32713781
Winter and summer would be stone bitches for different areas of the country
>>
Most of the hunters I know (and I know a lot) are middle aged and overweight, they're terrible shots, and they're definitely not live-off-the-land survivalists. I know these people exist, but they're uncommon. What I will say is that they're usually hard country folk and would not lose sleep over killing you.

At the same time the tactical training fags I see in videos are almost always rapidly shooting at shilouettes 15 yards away. Or shooting from crazy positions behind a barrier. And loaded down with gear that would give them a heat stroke if they actually tried to move anywhere in it because they're not in shape either.

Bottom line is that it comes down to the individual.
>>
>>32713464
A fat stupid sack of shit is still plenty scary with a rifle in his hands.
>>
>>32713828
>SHTF
>Fatty offs himself because he spent 5 hours without fast food
>Take his AR and XXXXXL hoodie
Ez
>>
File: 1469497306324.jpg (152KB, 564x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1469497306324.jpg
152KB, 564x1157px
>>32713790
Most certainly

Hearken to Texas where its supposed to be hunting central.

Trophy hunting and private land fucked that up.

Its no different in fly over states or Pennsylvania. Transportation to work and even the guns are expensive as fuck.

Not gonna lie. Milsim gear is cheaper than hunting gear any day of the week so I wear this when I go
>>
>>32713860
>so I wear this when I go
Yeah but you hunt the most dangerous kind of game....
>>
Guy on the right is a whole lot scarier because he can't live off the land and probably plans to survive by shooting those that can.
>>
>>32713888
Nothing that a neighborhood hanging wouldn't solve. Great having neighbors you served with and already designated the tree
>>
>>32713888
>live off the land

you should watch teh show Alone. they get all these wilderness instructor people who make aliving teaching exactly that and most of them fail miserably. neither a huntsman nor an operator can "live off the land" unless they have been specificaly training to do so. and even then, it's a toss....
>>
ITT /k/ thinks everyone who hunts is bear grylls
>>
>>32709663
There is significant overlap between the two groups. I would rather avoid the Viet vet with his m1a and the GWOT vet with his AR of both are hostile. I also do not fancy being hunted by the farmer who has owned that 100 acres his entire life.

It gets real scary when you realize that the farmer is the Viet vet and his son is the GWOT guy.
>>
>>32710823
I, too, eat expired medication. Surely it would not harm me.
>>
>>32713923
I mean, I already have a huge vegetable garden, a well, and there are deer fucking everywhere. I couldn't do it for forever but I'd be good for quite a while.

My cabin doesn't suddenly fucking disappear during SHTF, I don't have work up from nothing in the woods.

Although, if you did tell me I had to fuck off into the woods, and I got to prep, I would do just fine. The only hard part would be shelter, I can set traps for squirrel and catch trout all day long, the water is all potable, etc.

It just gets cold as fuck up here in the winter.
>>
>>32713504
What if the animal was directly threatening your lack of trophies? checkmate hunterfags
>>
>>32713959
>I already have a huge vegetable garden

unless it's grain or at least potatoes, it's pretty much pointless as a food source. carrots, peppers, cabbage, beans, peas are all fine but you can't really live on that. what you need is fat and protein in a ratio of about 3:1 if you are living of the land (meaning low carb) to function.
>>
>>32714003
Yeah, that's why I mentioned the literal assloads of deer and trout.

I could catch 20 big trout in 6 hours no problem, and that wouldn't even put a dent in the ecosystem.
>>
>>32713948
Sounds like some of my neighbors. ..... I am just the suburban gwot transplant vet that prefers 45-70
>>
>>32714025
ok. I still think you are overestimating things. fishing is indeed the best source of food but only if you are at a productive coast. river/lake fishery is not productive.
>>
>>32714003
Beans can help but yes veggie gardens are about stretching use of staple foods. Wheat, rye, corn, barley, or oats can do a lot but space time, fertalizer, seed stock, and growing seasons become hard limits fast
>>
>>32714038
>I am just the suburban gwot transplant vet that prefers 45-70

gay.
>>
>>32709784
fudd can also just be the guy that sits in a deer stand and shoots a durr at 50 yards
>>
>>32714053
Chickens would be ideal for the described setup but maintaining them preshtf is an investment
>>
>>32714060
>but yes veggie gardens are about stretching use of staple foods

They are mostly for vitamins/fiber because hardly anybody will grind the whole turkey they shot into a paste and eat that. muscle meat is surprisingly low in essential micronutrients. in uni I found myself literally chewing KFC chicken bones to paste and eating that. turned out i was severely iron deficient.
>>
>>32709663
>Fudd or 0per80r
Yeah. Fudd's going to take the cake everytime
>trained to stalk and kill
vs
>trained to carefully inspect malls
>>
>>32714061
Meh rather be gay with good neighbors than back with shifty office workers on the dindu express bus line
>>
>>32714073
>Chickens would be ideal for the described setup but maintaining them preshtf is an investment

chickens and bunnies. they complement each other and can be kept in the same enclosure.
>>
>>32714095
Would need to read up on that but good to know
>>
>>32714053
Yeah, that's why I said non-indefinitely.

There are FUCKLOADS of trout where I live, (I have 200 medium ones in my ponds, but I'm waiting for them to get a bit bigger) and rivers all over the fucking place.

Deer and moose would really keep me going for a long time, I don't know how many moose are in the area, but I see them all the fucking time, and I see groups of 4-7 deer basically every day.

Chickens are way too much work in my opinion, you have to feed the fucks in the winter and heat their roost, fishercats will absolutely wreck their shit, they can't figure out how shelter works, and shit absolutely everywhere.

Trout are much better to farm.
>have pond
>throw literal buckets of trout into
>shoot the occasional otter

And boom, delicious trout meat. I've actually gotten the rock trout to breed in my ponds, but I like rainbow and I keep the ponds pretty stocked.

What's great too, is I technically count as a farmer so I can shoot otters out of season without any sort of limit or regulation (as long as they are on my property)

Same with fishercat when I had chickens, but good fucking luck even seeing the bastards, much less shooting one.
>>
>Which is more capable of killing
The hunter
>Which is more mentally unstable and likely to impulsively magdump the first person they see to steal their beans
The Tactitard. That's what makes them scary

Most (adult) hunters are and rational and not looking to prove themselves. Most keep to themselves. I wouldn't mess with either, but if I had to choose to fight one, I'd chose the mall ninja.
>>
>>32714168
>Chickens are way too much work in my opinion

My grandparents were raised on them post war and they raised my parents the same way. it's small livestock for small time "farmers" who have to make use of every sq yard of land they have. Mustelids are cunts but building their shelters strong enough helps with that, so do rat traps ;)
>>
>>32714168
Maine/Canada region?
>>
>>32709663
I would say the left, because he actually looks like he can kill someone, but the right seems like he'll go full douche mode once SHTF occurs.
>>
>>32711444
Those are pretty useless for serious pain. I was given those for a kidneystone, they did nothing other than constipate me.
>>
>>32714218
>(adult) hunters are and rational and not looking to prove themselves
thats where you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>32714231
Vermont, close enough.

>>32714229
The problem is that I'm not always there in the winter, and while my neighbor said he'll take care of them for free eggs and trout, I was sick of their literal shit and them dying all the fucking time to fishercat. I ended up just giving the coop and the chickens to my neighbor, and barter for fresh eggs with tomatoes and trout.
>>
>>32714373
30+ year olds aren't likely to run around acting tough and waste $1000 on a AR. The only thing they brag about is the biggest deer they've killed. They really don't give a shit about having the top of the line equipment as long as what they have works. Much less likely to run around stupidly waving their guns around in SHTF. They'll just retreat to their hunting cabin in the woods.

Don't get me wrong, there are rednecks, which can be easily be confused with country folk who hunt.
t. Someone who's lived in Mississippi for 20 years
>>
>>32709937
Dysentery can be prevented by boiling water and cooking food properly anyways.
>>
>>32709702
>>32709841
>>32709866
>>32709937
>>32710013
>the argument is always that they're simultaneously totally incompetent but massively aggressive

ok, but doesn't that mean they're going to get wiped out by grandma and her sixgun in like the first two or three days?

so, think it through: if you see one of these a month after the incident, they're pretty much going to have become a warlord, and are vastly more dangerous to you. woodsman is nowhere near anything worth controlling and has no cadre. this man will be at the top of a murder-eat-and-shit machine and he may not even be entirely in control of it.

i think i'd rather walk off into the woods and steal from the wrong cache. at least it would be quick.
>>
File: 1473952171409.jpg (141KB, 960x619px) Image search: [Google]
1473952171409.jpg
141KB, 960x619px
>Be in central NY, Watershed area
>Have a few funs, Notably a Remington 700 30-06 rifle and a Rem 870 tactical.
>May or may not be a shortage of ammo
>Have huge 5 bed house
I think with a little work, we could fortify the place decently, The water runs from a spring out of the earth 1300 feet above, the gravity alone provides a good water pressure, Two wood stoves for heat. Plenty of land and local friends with funz to help out. I May be over estimating, but i think i would be fine for a few months before the Muslims across the cannonsvill Reservoir decide to cause shenanigans.
>>
>>32714408
>t. Someone who's lived in Mississippi for 20 years
Fuck yeah, all kinds of turtle dor dinner!

t. likes snapping turtle

>>32714519
where is your food gonna come from? what are the wood stoves going to b burning? meds (good ones to have a Antibiotics of all kinds, asthma meds, epinephrine pens, anti histamines of all kinds, abortifacients...)? ammo? and your guns are lacking. very much.
>>
>>32714491
>by grandma and her sixgun
Probably not. But by one of the rare breeds of hunters who have killed so much that it's become second nature more that likely. Experience goes a long way.
>>
>>32714555
>But by one of the rare breeds of hunters who have killed so much that it's become second nature more that likely.

so what youre telling me is hunting deer and hog habituates you to killing to the point you'd just as easily kill humans? sounds like leftard Peta hogwash to me....
>>
>>32714551
Food comes from the gardens we maintain every year. Tomatoes, Carrots, Peas, cucumbers, lettuce. Meat from our chickens and any deer and or animal we shall see. Plenty of local streams to fish and our own pond.
I admit we are lacking in terms of meds and guns. But we do have more, mostly 12 gauge shotguns though. I'd estimate around 500-600 rounds of assorted shotty ammo, and 100-1200 rounds of raifu ammo.
Wood comes from the trees all around. Its no problem to walk to the top of the hill and drop a tree.
Tl;dr I think were fine for like 2-6 months or until someone gets sick. It sucks that I live in jew york.
>>
>>32714617
>Tomatoes, Carrots, Peas, cucumbers, lettuce.

thats vitamins and fiber, not kcals, not food. grain, potatoes and maybe carrots are calorie dense food. don't forget that. you can try living a week solely on the stuff you mentioned and amounts you could harvest from your gardens. it would not last you long. also, people with land and realaspirations to SHTF self-sufficiency should look into beekeeping.
>>
>>32714584
You're thinking too hard anon. The point is someone who's used to killing things could probably kill someone easier than someone who's never seen blood that's not theirs before, but that's assuming their morals don't get in the way of course. I've seen people who act hard and start throwing up after they see an animal get shot and killed.

Tl;dr generally hunters are more efficient animal killers than mall ninjas. And humans are animals
>>
File: barkingOwl.jpg (2MB, 1963x1600px) Image search: [Google]
barkingOwl.jpg
2MB, 1963x1600px
>>32714617
>Jew York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Yhv8tqU0s

North to Freedom my friend.
>>
>>32714642
Why bee keeping? The honey? I remember from somewhere that it has anti viral properties? Also, We could take any old potato with an eye and grow it, so another plot could be tilled, i suppose. Plenty of local people grow grain for cattle, so i suppose we could make some shit bread from that.
>>
>>32714519
Pity you are out around Delaware county I am more over the dutchess/columbia area and we would just have a low rent colony of sjws to deal with
>>
>>32714555
checked
>>
>>32709663
You people don't have a grasp of what to worry about.
I expect innawoodsman to be territorial, cautious and reasonable. If I maintain a distance and, if approach is warranted, do so clearly in a friendly manner, I have nothing to fear. If respect is offered, things like trade, and even a sort of community can form.
Red Dot Operator both has nothing to trade and an overwhelming sense of entitlement and unwarranted self-importance. He thinks he's the hero of his own video game. Trade isn't possible. He doesn't have enough supplies or diligence to form his own territory, so he'll roam out in search of what he needs, and he'll take without hesitation because "It's them or me!"

So you're asking which I fear more, a well armed neighbor or a dimwitted but well armed incompetent marauder.

I can predict my neighbors. Hell, I've planned accordingly to have both material and skills worth trade with him. Neither will save me from startling an operator who then magdumps in my general direction and one round grazes my arm when antibiotics are limited.
>>
>>32714663
Honey has a fuckton of calories and can help with localized allergies for some also less trouble than other critters to maintain
>>
>>32709663
Realistically:

during the first stages of some kind of "SHTF" event, I'm more scared of the mallninja/geardo because there are more of them, and those kinds of people are fucking manics. I live in a city, so I'd be scared as hell of roving gangs of geardos pillaging because the rails are gone and they can finally live their guilt-free power trip fantasies.

If I manage to get out of the city and make it to a safer space in the woods, then I'm worried about woods guy.

DOUBLE Realistically:
If SHTF, I'm getting activated for peace keeping/martial law shit, so I'll be the geardo asshole in a roving rape gang AKA the National Guard.
>>
>>32714663
>Why bee keeping? The honey?
yes

>I remember from somewhere that it has anti viral properties?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propolis

and then there is the pollination of your other crops...

>Also, We could take any old potato with an eye and grow it, so another plot could be tilled, i suppose.

good idea.

>Plenty of local people grow grain for cattle, so i suppose we could make some shit bread from that.

there you go. the oat grows great in a coldish/wet climate of jew york I hear.
>>
>>32714664
We have the dirty sand niggers innawooding over in islamberg. Plenty of pissed off rednecks with guns to keep them niggin'.
>>
>>32709663
The bastard son of a bitch shooting me in the back though a high powered scope and stealing my stuff when I'm taking a shit or getting water. That is what I would be thinking about.
>>
>>32714682
>so I'll be the geardo asshole in a roving rape gang AKA the National Guard.

And I'll be the guy who puts a 6.5Creed in you...
>>
>>32714721
>and then gets raped to death by his squadmates
seriously, in SHTF you should never pick fights.
>>
>>32714731
In SHTF, fight picks you.
>>
>>32714694
Yeah that will never be a problem. How the fuck do they even support them........ oh right NY programs for illegals, "refugees", and disadvantaged. Oh well hoping to some going back
>>
>>32714731
Yeah as former ng if anything I will trade you guys alcohol tobacco and hot food for whatever supplies you can list as expended and id locations of mallninja assholes for purging. Granted I already know the ng in my area and would lay low if anything out of the area came through
>>
>/k/
>falling for the Fuddlore of Fudds knowing field craft
>thinking Fudds know how to shoot
>thinking Fudds reliably clean their guns
>thinking Fudd has the self discipline to sit in the same spot his entire life waiting to ambush a lone /k/ommando, in the open field the Fudd always hunts.

Like I get it, we associate Fudd with old hunting dude, or dad. And tacticool guy with seal wannabe. But when you actually get into the hunting scene you'll see it's just as underwhelming as tacticool.

You've just a high a chance of prior enlisted (combat arms who was /actually/ good at their job), or awol soldier in tacticool as you do running into a competent/lethal hunter.

Honestly, shitposting aside, /k/ommandos wouldn't fare too badly, assuming they are the same person as the Fudd and tacticool guy on physical level, the average /k/ommando has a good situational awareness about improvised tactics for multiple scenarios, and usually a versatile arsenal to approach scenarios.
>>
>>32709663
Right in groups, left on their own
>>
>>32714941
Finally someone who is realistically looking at this.

Realistically I would say the average /k/ommando that collects and camps would be better at traversing SHTF.

Most of the Geardo's know someone who is squared away. They likely won't move too far from that person.

Most of the fudds are the sort who spend a lot of money to sit in a deer stand. While most of them are capable of sitting quietly for long periods of time most of them are socially awkward and will be just as bad off as the average person in terms of preparation.

Most of these people will have guns, the trick is finding out ways to trade or establish good relations.
>>
>>32714941
The average /k/ommando rarely gets to shoot their gun, or when they do it's at the range.
>>
>>32714363
You masturbate too much
>>
>>32714982
I think the solution is have skills that enable you to join a group. Typical /k/ommando should have the versatility of knowing basic first aid, squad tactics, basic farming and shelter building techniques, and building all those crazy snares, ieds, and ghetto weapons from info graphics. Maybe I'm just projecting here.

>>32714985
>implying that's all a mall ninja does
Again, we aren't a monolith, but Fudds shoot way less because hunting doesn't require mag dumping. Maybe they'll plink, but that's no different from any of the other groups.
Projecting again, I shoot once a month myself and see steady increases in efficiency. And while it's at a range it's human silhouette targets. So I'd project that while most k isn't mentally prepared to take life, neither are the other groups. Only group that is would be CCB holding vets and sociopaths. Both of those titles are non exclusive to any of the groups.
>>
>>32715062
It all boils down to the individual. I hunt almost every weekend when I have time during season, and goto my range I set up when seasons over. There's lots of "fuds" out here who love hunting, wood rifles, copenhagen, and 30 round mags on their AK's (well, that's a little rare. more like their standard colt AR). Hell, my dad is 56 and is as country as can be but I convinced him to take his AR hunting and he killed a 8 point. I've never met a man out here who's refused to shoot an AR or AK.

There's not nearly as many fudds in the south as people on /k/ think. The fuddiest people I've seen are the ones who are only against taking ARs hunting because 30 rounds is pretty overkill for killing a deer, and I agree.
>>
File: 1438583689806.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1438583689806.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32709663
Reminder that no one in this thread would stand a chance against either of those two
>>
if shtf im going to stay the fuck home
>>
File: AIWhzB7.jpg (88KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
AIWhzB7.jpg
88KB, 1024x763px
>>32715209
At this point in /k/s history even airsofters would be better at shtf than most /k/ommandos.
>>
>>32709841
>sit in a stand all day waiting for a deer to walk by
>experienced trackers
Pick one

Sure you've got the odd one out who really is experienced but for fucks sake don't try and tell me that your average 50 year old fudd is some kind of outdoorsman god
>>
>>32711444

Since I am a degenerate, I would sniff all of those in one day.

Also agree with this:

>>32714363

Nice digits though.
>>
File: gear queer.png (2MB, 1908x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gear queer.png
2MB, 1908x1080px
Most mallninjas end up like pic related when they go up against something tougher than paper silhouettes.
>>
>>32713955
Expired tetracycline causes liver damage. Just sayin
>>
>>32714378
>I ended up just giving the coop and the chickens to my neighbor, and barter for fresh eggs with tomatoes and trout.

Perfectly illustrating why you need a community to survive shtf. Division of labor.
>>
>>32714941
>Not knowing the original meaning off the Fudd meme
>we associate Fudd with old hunting dude, or dad.
>not knowing that Fudd is a """casual""" gun owner who doesn't believe in going all tacticool, but uses guns for hunting.

I think you've made the same mistake a lot of people make when thinking of Fudd.
You're thinking of the Daniel Douchebag for guns.
>>
>>32709663
Assuming you are asking if a seasoned hunter/woodsman or a tactical mall ninja scares me more...the seasoned hunter most definitely. He'll track you across an entire mountain range if motivated and if he's going to shoot you, he's likely going to do it without you ever seeing him.
>>
>>32709663
the return of the slave business, unless it was exclusively female which might happen
>>
>>32709663
I'd be afraid of the guy who seems helpless out in the middle of nowhere and is clean with no seeming injury to them.
>>
>>32716618
We're literally agreeing. I don't see what your beef is brah
>>
>>32709663
Fudds.

They actually enjoy hunting in the wilderness, and don't force themselves to enjoy it as part of some tacticool fetish.

It is them in their natural environment, and the only way to defeat them is with cardio, which as everyone knows, is the greatest weakness of any neckbeard.

And the reason cardio is the only way to beat them is because vehicles create noise and give away your position, and fudds are also typically lacking in cardio, because they are American, and you never know what is going to trigger the dormant heart disease.
>>
>>32715209
jesus christ i'm a lurker, is this an actual /k/ meet-up?
>>
File: 1474020773460.jpg (51KB, 335x344px) Image search: [Google]
1474020773460.jpg
51KB, 335x344px
>>32715209
why do the fattys have to ruin the reputations of the real alpha /k/ommandos
>>
>>32715209
Is that a nugget meetup?
>>
>>32709710
Ironically, that probably means he can be reasoned with and counted on to not fuck things up for everyone around him. I'd be more worried about the fat commando wannabe.
>>
>>32711537
This is my thinking. Mall ninjas are way more likely to run up and carjack you out of nowhere or kick down your door at night demanding cans of beans and water
>>
File: What_cb2f4e_6149912.jpg (96KB, 900x771px) Image search: [Google]
What_cb2f4e_6149912.jpg
96KB, 900x771px
>>32710856
this this this.

I've been saying this and writing about it for a long time. SHTF isn't an MMORPG game where wearing the best armor (plate carriers) and having a rare end game sword (rifle with great sight) means you'll breeze through all the low level players (anons).

Some fucking nigger kid innacity hiding behind a car with a hi-point, or some Cowaduty suburban faggot with his dad's gun hiding in a bush, or some redneck hunter kid with his grandpa's 30 "aught" six in a tree stand 200 yards away can end you instantly.
>>
File: 1484406902481.jpg (14KB, 285x325px) Image search: [Google]
1484406902481.jpg
14KB, 285x325px
>>32718532

Mall ninjas are also SOS. I see some idiot that looks like he came out of a Call of Duty game, tan plate carrier skull bandana and all, going into my territory and I'll put a bullet in his noggin with muh fud rifle consequences be damned.

A sob like that and his group of friends is a problem waiting to happen.
>>
>>32718352

>real alpha kommandos

I don't think combat arms service members who frequent here once in a blue moon are considered /k/ommandos per say.
>>
>>32716332

Story?
>>
>>32715276

Maybe by the time he is 50 he doesn't do much leg work. Thought about that one chief?
>>
As a fudd, fudds recognize fudds. I'll be fine.
Mallcommando worries me. Shit heads don't know a pizza from a bloodstain. And fap to both. And because I'm a fudd in hippie-liberal land for school I've adapted my camoflage. Mallcommando will not know the difference between me and the common lib-tard when he starts his magdump.
>>
>>32714643
Can confirm. Sociopath here. I hunt to rid my serial killer tendencies. I look at humanity and realize there is nothing worth liking.
>>
>>32718834

You planning on walking around the woods with libtards? They'll get you killed.

I'm originally from L.A. but grew up quite a bit in Alaska. Went back to Los ANGELES and went in a field trip for a college geography class.

It was a three day trip. First day, white liberal lady eats major shit falling from a cliff. Second day two barefoot hippy idiots hospitalised from eating God knows what berry's in the woods, and third day some guy with cerebral palsy gets bit by a raddlesnake trying to catch it.

Quite the outdoorsmen these "in tune with nature" liberals are lol
>>
>>32718894
Nah, you're not
>>
I AM A LIBERAL AND I LOVE AMERICA!
>>
>>32709663
Innawoods guy didn't exactly go there to socialize, so there's a good chance he'll leave you alone if you leave him alone. Tacticool guy on the other hand has been wanting to kill people since he was a little kid but only now has the courage due to the situation. You're not gonna have a good time. I myself am going to get to the woods as fast as I can and go as deep as I can. I'm also going to make sure I have a silencer because I really don't want people finding me too easily when I go out to hunt. I'll also want a buddy to watch each others backs for extra precaution.
>>
>>32718894
>Sociopath here

there is a difference between watching bestgore videos on the internet and not being fazed, and slitting a young childs throat with tears in its eyes begging you "please please" then staring emotionless into its eyes as it coughs up blood and convulses violently

chances are youre a total faggot who would shoot himself in the head after indulging in "serial killer tendencies" for real.
>>
>>32709663

Both are humans. Both are armed. So... Always consider both armed and dangerous for the obvious reasons. Humans are always a potential threat especially when ared. Both are therefore scary.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>>32718988
how philosophical of you
>>
>>32718945
KEK! must have been quite the trip anon.
I'm too busy blending into my environment to care about the latest thing mallcommando saw on youtube. I am going to be back innamountains as soon as I finish this education. And bolting as soon as shit happens is a great way to get spotted. Play it cool, move when the time is right.
>>
>>32711098
>If you're trying to go THROUGH the riot on foot then you deserve what you get

This, go around.
>>
>>32719007
How did you infer his christianity from that?
>>
>>32715209
>Tfw I recognize Creepfinder's backside

The only fatties I met that were annoying at NF were Crumbs and the obeast drunk at MWNF that slammed down the Pappy's he was given in a mistaken act of generosity.
>>
>>32711590
at that point I would be OK with shitting myself if I really could not find a spot to just blow it out my ass real quick.
>>
>>32719105
>the riot on foot then you deserve what you get

You guys are probably right.

I had in mind being outside at work ie when SHTF, and you end up in the middle of it, with little to no gear.

But all things considered, a scenario where this happens and you really have no clues before hand seem unlikely, and after the initial event, you have no excuses to end up in the middle of a mob.

So yeah, just bordome then. If I was a prepper, i'd stack books and games before food.
>>
In real SHTF where it's been SHTF for the past century, the people who survive band together as militias and use firepower and mobility to control THEIR area. Hiding singly innawoods works in some areas, but true preparedness is having a human network and living where it's been robust for a long time. Choose a Red state, have plenty of armed and versatile bros (you need to be a mechanic or have other useful skills besides desire and a gun), and when shit gets sketchy start organizing. That way you'll have overmatch against intruders. Zombies can't stay in the field without food or water or shelter. They'll cower in their cities instead. Good. I don't live there.
>>
File: 91866-004-0B707093.jpg (42KB, 550x307px) Image search: [Google]
91866-004-0B707093.jpg
42KB, 550x307px
>>32711098
>>32719181

Go Tiananmen Square on their asses
>>
>>32710823
>was prescribed antibiotics
>didn't need them

Fucking americans ruining everything for everyone again. Soon all bacteria will be immune and we'll have a massive pandemic of some nasty as fuck disease. Maybe black death 2: electric boogaloo?
>>
>>32718771
Looks like its an Iraqi soldier about to get diddled by ISIS.
>>
>>32714095
You had better fatten up those chickens then, because you do NOT want to be stuck relying on lean rabbits during lean times. Not only will you be malnourished due to the near complete lack of fat, all that undigested protein will end up destroying your liver and kidneys as well.

An imbalanced diet will kill you as surely as eating nothing at all, as numerous frontiersmen, Native Americans, and Chris Candless found out the hard way.
>>
>>32718966

Maybe you're right. So does that make niggers sociopaths? They routinely kill children
>>
File: 1484739336726.png (510KB, 916x885px) Image search: [Google]
1484739336726.png
510KB, 916x885px
I'm actually planning with the help of some friends and family, to use the local schoolyard as a makeshift "barter town", where people can come together to trade goods without fear of getting shot.

It's very important to bring the neighborhood together as it ensures long term survival and gives neighbors an incentive to NOT go full rambo.

Also no matter how unprepared you are for SHTF, everyone has something worth trading in their home.
>>
>>32719027

That's the thing. Alot of preppers and mall ninjas don't realize that skills, common sense and experience will be the deciding factor for long term survival.

The moment I'm done with my school I'm moving the fuck outta here and back to Alaska.
>>
>>32714685
If you're really planning to farm your way out of the Apocalypse, I would suggest investing in brewing equipment and knowledge to make alcohol out of your produce. As a relatively uncommon commodity that's extremely useful (antiseptics, fuel, water purification, solvents etc.) and challenging to produce, you can barter it and your skills for anything you want. Hell, you could even use it as currency to hire protection if you're a noguns.
>>
>>32719626
no, just subhumans. they lack the intelligence required for empathy.
>>
>>32719648
unless one of your neighbors has literal tons of food and happens to be the most altruistic person ever, youre fantasy barter down wont work until 90% of the community dies off.
>>
>>32709841
>Hunters
>experience shooting (accurately)

Yeah maybe one or two rounds a year. FUDD detected
>>
>>32719816

Well you're right. Perhaps socio path is not the right word. I definitely wouldn't want to kill nice productive people at all.

But I know for a fact, which I won't get too into, that I feel nothing when shooting human filth.
>>
>>32719825
Not true. Food isn't the only thing people could trade. Medication, batteries, clothing, cleaning products, and other things can be traded. Also don't forget that services can also be bartered for food. Some of my neighboors are electricians, medical workers, and mechanics.
>>
>>32709663
The "operater" is holding his gun sideways, so definitely innawoods guy, especially since my profession (forestry) requires me to be innawoods sometimes.
>>
>>32715209
oh god i don't belong here
>>
>>32719887
incase your unaware, most people only have 3 days worth of food in their homes. unless somebody has an absolutely massive stash of food to supplement all those who dont......CHAOS. and those who did prepare are not going to want to help those who are less intelligent than squirrels (who save nuts for rainy days).
>>
>>32713853
Now you have a gun and a tent!
>>
>>32709663
Neither.

>>32715209
Dear lord /k/
>>
File: 1484771131729.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484771131729.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>32720056
It's a trading post not a fucking charity. Anybody who starts problems will get shot on sight and their corpse will be used as fuel.
>>
>>32709663
Militias. These faggots would get droves of people killed before their eventually disintegration and splintering into raiding parties.
>>
>>32720101
what is that pic meant to mean?
>>
>>32720154
brawn over brains
>>
File: 1484691481614.jpg (119KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484691481614.jpg
119KB, 1024x576px
>>32720154
Im smartor than you
>>
>>32719887
Exactly. Skills can become more than useful. And stockpiling stuff like batteries, underwear, toiletpaper and boots isn't a bad idea either.
>>
Am I a fudd if I have a single bolt action rifle and only really go to the range on occassion and never go innawoods?

I don't tell people what to shoot, I just enjoy shooting muh gun.
>>
>>32720184
that makes even less sense
>>
>>32711996
>>32711584
>>32709925
I live in Andover so all worry about is the hood to the west spilling over
>>
>>32710957
>hey senpai I'll be taking your supplies
>also gear check!
>>
>>32709663

Wood guy. He knows how to hunt, so he is just gonna set up a blind and wait for me. Prob shoot me before I seen him.

Shit, it could be reverse here. The Fudd guy could not know how to shoot, the tactical guy is really ex delta who just got fat, has 53 confirmed kills.

Never judge some one based on their appearances, instead assume every one is capable of killing you.
>>
>>32716332
>>32718771
>>32719476

Of course he's totally wrong. The guys on the ground have far more combat experience he will ever have. The reason they were forced to surrender is that they were lured into a trap by civilians calling for help with a wounded family member. They fought for hours and ran out of ammunition.
>>
>>32709745
>shoot to kill meme
>implying you can shoot with zero chance of killing
>>
>>32714363
Yeah I had a broken femur and it barely took away the everyday aches in recovery better than tylenol
>>
File: Dwarf Warrior.jpg (82KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Warrior.jpg
82KB, 721x1024px
>>32709663
it depends on if woodsguy has resorted to eating longpig
>>
>>32710013
>minute of plate at 50 yards?

>Implying that minute of plate isn't sufficiently accurate for most of the shots you would ever be able to take in a large part of the US

Not everywhere is new mexico.
>>
>>32719396
>fucking chinks

FTFY
>>
>>32713601
nope Idk where you got
> in shtf
or anything else like that out of my post. Nowhere in my post did I draw any conclusions about armor in shtf im just dispelling the retardation that you people cling to regarding what will and wont penetrate plates
>>
I'm not really concerned with either, i own a 30ft yacht, first sign of trouble and i'm out from my mooring and sitting on my HAM radio 100 nm from shore which i have done 3 times now in cyclone seasons. got my own water makers, plus about 1000 hours out on the open waters by now. always keep a months worth of long life foods on my boat cause i hate grocery shopping. and thats not counting the longline and gill net i have for fish. i have done some hunting in my day here in Aus though with an old muzzle loader that i don't need a license or a permit for and most the hunters i know are cool blokes. leave them alone and they will do the same. the tacticool guys though...
>>
>>32719501
>You had better fatten up those chickens then, because you do NOT want to be stuck relying on lean rabbits during lean times. Not only will you be malnourished due to the near complete lack of fat, all that undigested protein will end up destroying your liver and kidneys as well.
>An imbalanced diet will kill you as surely as eating nothing at all, as numerous frontiersmen, Native Americans, and Chris Candless found out the hard way.

I posted the 4:1 fat:protein ratio needed to live in a low carb environment (living off the land innawoods) . chcikens and bunnies were not the only food they ate, obviously there was loads of carbs like grain and potatoes involved. c and r was just where most the protein came from since the 3-4 cows were for milk. little farm on the prairie is literally how my ancestors lived around ww2 and after. poor as poor can be.
>>
>>32719923
>The "operater" is holding his gun sideways
...in the attempt to maximize coverade of his body by the cover he's shooting from. it's not as stupid as you think even though the execution is lacking. should ahve done a Steven Seagull switch.
>>
>>32724277
what do you do for water Mr. Kevin Costner in Waterworld?
>>
>>32724373
The tech we have now is amazing. i have three separate water desalinators onboard. one of them is hand operated, pic related. the others are solar powered.
>>
>>32724386
I understand. but pls write a lil bit about your exp with those things... I
>>
>>32724459
hmm, do you mean in general or with the water makers? for the water makers there really isn't much too them. just give them a solid clean out once a month and the ones i don't use for a few days at a time i store in a strong brine solution so bacteria doesn't have a chance to colonise them. i have had to replace one filter already because i left it for a week. store them in brine or an antibacterial. if you do that, they will last you years with little issue.
>>
>>32709663
Which one is the police officer?
>>
>>32709663
Neither.
I'm worried about the warlords that would inevitably arise from the ashes of city populations that turn into marauding raiders after food stocks start running low.
You'd have a bunch of men forged in the fires of burned cities coming to your neck of the woods looking for something to eat. Some of them might be cannibals, inevitably a few vicious psychotics amongst them.
They'll be pretty well armed, and they'll come in numbers that will be difficult to deal with.
>>
No memes.
>>
>>32724492
>Some of them might be cannibals

The Road is the bleakes shit I've seen. I can watch IS execution videos but The Road gave me weird feels in the gut.
>>
>>32724507
Eh, IS execution videos aren't much because you know exactly what's going to happen.
And yeah, the road was fucking BLEAK.
Just absolute pure hopelessness the whole movie.
>tfw all the animals are dead
>tfw the crops don't grow anymore
>tfw you haven't taught your son what he needs to know to survive in this hellhole that is now the world.
"how many people are still alive?
"In the world? Not very many."
>>
>>32724518
>Eh, IS execution videos aren't much because you know exactly what's going to happen.

But that's real, The Road was a movie. But then again it was some time before IS tier shit was broadcast over the tubes en masse so maybe you can't compare it. Maybe back then I was just too much of a virgin and today I'm "hardened by a decade of live gore".... dunno.
>>
>>32724529
It depicts a certain psychological feeling with the way it's shot. Art is meant to evoke emotion /k/omrade. Literally designed to do so.

Honestly though I've been on chans for a decade. Nothing bugs me anymore. I've seen some pretty "fucked" things irl and just shrugged it off.
>nothing bothers me anymore, and that's what bothers me most.
>>
>>32724572
ok, miscommunication on my part here. I cringed during the cannibal house/cannibal live food basement scenes and the screaming when they were supposedly cutting them to bits to eat. the only other time I got emotional during a movie was in Jurassic Park 1 when the Brachiosaurus shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azuyorPo37k
>>
>>32724596
Oh,yeah, that really wasn't even bad. ur weird anon why do cannibalism cages bug you, just natural progression of events desu. I'd eat people too, wouldn't you?
>>
>>32724610
I forget, were there any blacks in the whole movie/book?
>>
>>32724669
I think there were one or two, don't recall completely.
>>
>>32724693
>I think there were one or two, don't recall completely.
I remember vaguely feeling a distinct lack of black ppl.the cannibals in the house were Seth MacFarlane tier slander caricatures of inbred-country-hicks who could have just as well been replaced by the anatognists from the Wrong Turn series of horror movies.

also:

>Popa!?!?
>>
>>32714555
kek. My fifty something year old mother was worried about spics during trumps inauguration. I handed her my AR and showed her the safety.

I left with confidence in my heart. She would have zero delay between identifying a threat and hipfire mag dumping towards them like some strung out vietnam infantryman who's got "born to kill" on his helmet.
>>
>>32709663
The trigger-happy preppers who wanted s to htf.
>>
after 6 months only capable people will be left alive so people who lived through it will have a mutual respect, Oh your alive? Me too what have you got to trade.
>>
>>32709702
This is stupid, Fudds shoot their guns on a bench rest at the Fudd range 30 times a year. They aren't a bunch of whitedeaths out in the woods.
>>
>>32724669
>>32724703
At the end there is one.
>>
>>32709663
woodsman. tactiman would likely make a decent bit of noise. woodsman would be silent and near invisible in most cases.
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.