[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0503.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0503.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
So basically I am a marine Poolee who's ship date is in June. I had a recon contract, and decided to switch it to infantry. My recruiter told me that the switch was made, and told me my new ship date which is the June 12th date. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I haven't been told to come up and sign anything yet. Anytime I ask the recruiters start saying "you worry too much" and start messing with me about it, and telling me I do not have to sign anything. Does this mean I don't have to sign anything until the day I ship to boot? Or am I being fucked over without knowing it?
>>
>>32708743
Bump
>>
>>32708743
You already were in the infantry field. When you get a contract in the marines it for the MOS field, not the specific job. Example, I shipped as a 1800. I wanted tanks (1812) but got stuck in Tracks (1833) because I had a class two swim qual in boot camp.

Your not contact 0321, you just gonna ship as 0300 and the MOS gods will decided when you get to the big split at ITB.

Quit being a fucking fag, and see what MOS field is on your contract.
>>
>>32708743
be wary of whatever they shove in your face and rush you to sign at the last minute.
>>
>>32709028
Unless it's open contract, then your golden.
>>
>>32709018
>I wanted tanks (1812) but got stuck in Tracks (1833) because I had a class two swim qual in boot camp.
/struggles

Uh... the Marines train their tank crews to swim...? In case they fall off the boat or something?
>>
>>32709052
All Marines go through swim qual in boot camp. My specific MOS required a class two because its a fucking tankboat.
>>
>>32709018
We'll then in that case my mos field is 0300. Because I had to come in and sign a recon contract, before I decided to switch to regular 03XX
>>
>>32709077
Exactly. Recon has some extra fucky shit attached to it so it can be it's own thing, but you will still go to Infantry training battalion. Your gonna end up one of the other 7 0300 field MOS's.
>>
>>32709111
Thanks man, I've been worried that they somehow fucked me over to be a cook or an admin. I'll probably be wishing I was one of those when I'm out in the field though, can't wait!
>>
>>
>>32709250
Double check to be sure. FYI admin have scary powers, always make friends with anyone with computer access.
>>
>>32709052
For deployments from a meu silly :3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.