[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical Flashlights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot 2016-03-11 13.32.15.png (127KB, 308x258px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-11 13.32.15.png
127KB, 308x258px
Is the tactical flashlight craze merited? Do people really need 20 function, blind-a-bear flashlights? If you have one, do you think you fell for a meme or got your money's worth?
>>
no, having a plastic rail attach point on an led plunger flashlight is worth an extra $110. They even strobe if you just want to see your target some of the time.
>>
is that a fucking lightsaber??
>>
>>32708231
I have a chinkshit "tactical" flashlight. Bright as fuck but minimal focus for the beam. I use it for work, need the high brightness for drilling in dark nooks and crannies on airplanes. Wouldn't ever trust it on a gun. Durable as shit and compact.

TLDR; Tactical flashlight memes made cheap flashlights decent for hard use.
>>
>>32708231
I don't know anon, do you neat to opperate tactically with a hand held flashlight?

in a home defense situation the advantage would be considerable, being able to clear rooms without using the light switch, the disorienting effect, giving your position in the building away

but it also means you can shine a light on a would-be burglar without the risk of being out-drawn

too many people buy them who don't need them
or take them off the gun for daytime use then never put them back on
>>
This is a no BS story:

>was about 2 years ago, shitfaced with friends in the woods
>kickass bonfire
>run out of booze
>friends go to sleep
>not drunk enough to sleep and not tired yet so I go for a walk
>walking in the woods alone by moonlight
>had flashlight in hand but off
>Got that hair on the back of your neck feeling and heard something move.
>turn around
>fucking mountain lion about to eat my not quite drunk ass
>turn on strobe, pull knife, charge motherfucker.
>lion runs before I caught him
>I live to post on /K/ today

I was having a rough night, really wished I had been with a gun that night.
>>
>yfw an intruder comes in your home wearing a welding mask.
>>
>>32708231
It seemed to do great when I spent a weekend at the blind-a-bear workshop.
>>
>>32708858
Do you understand how hoods work?
>>
>>32708425
Lightsabers aren't real, you moron.
>>
>>32708918
> he doesn't have auto darkening
>>
>>32708231
no one NEEDS a lightsaber anon THINK OF THE YOUNGLINGS
>>
>>32708231
I love my $9 Meritline special - slightly bigger than a Bic lighter, takes 1 AA battery, can bounce photons off the ISS, and no fucks given if I lose it or break it, but I'l never, ever give up my old Surefire Z2 Combatlight incandescent - cuts through fog and smoke better than anything
>>
>>32708918
It's a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard. Pretend the intruder had auto darken.
>>
File: cat-bath-full.jpg (202KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
cat-bath-full.jpg
202KB, 600x593px
>>32708795
>be me two years ago, hunting in woods for cubs
>looking for deer, smell smoke
>walk through brush, see some dog creature standing on hind legs
>dog monster does 180 degree turn on heels, screams at me, starts flashing from paws
>long nail pops out, sprints straight at me
>bail, did not go looking for this bullshit I'm just hungry
>tell cubs about fire monsters that morning and to stay away from lights in dark
>mfw
>>
>>32709112
>>32708918

MAXIMUM SPERG MODE ACTIVATED
>>
>>32709112
Strobe would be fucking hilarious to an autohood
>>
>>32708231
Used a Fenix PD35 to guide traffic in the dark.

>t. ex-Police volunteer
>>
File: 1479188380518m.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479188380518m.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
Pretty useful EDC tool. I think people online need to stop playing them up as an "essential" EDC item though. I carry my Thrunite tc12 everyday and probably use it once or twice every 2-3 days. I wear it offside on a Nite Ize belt holster so it never gets in the way. I doubt anyone has actually had to use the strobe on a person, but I found it worked well for stopping a neighbor's charging pit bull dead in it's tracks when I was out on an evening walk with my kid brother. Dumbfuck neighbor just stood there trying to call the stupid thing back while it came running at us. Had it not stopped, I would have unleashed my inner ATF. Oh well; it was kind of funny just seeing him stop the second he got strobbed anyways. Other than that, if you end up getting one, be prepared to lend it out to your family whenever they need to find some shit. It's funny how everyone thinks buying a good light is ridiculous and then they turn around and want to use yours all the time because it's leaps and bounds better than a shitty phone light.
>>
>>32709112
You still wouldn't be able to see shit, turn your sensitivity up and walk in the sunlight. You'll run into everything
>>
I carry a flashlight everyday. They are not a replacement for a good knife or or firearm but they do have a good place on me daily. If you are talking about using one in a defensive situation James Williams has a pretty good video on how he teaches people to use flashlights as part of their standard defence. If I can figure out how to work the clipboard on myandroid phone I will post a video link and a future post.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.