[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimber Custom Covert II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: KimberCustomCovertII.jpg (49KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
KimberCustomCovertII.jpg
49KB, 640x427px
Redpill me on this, guys. I REALLY want one.
>>
>>32706859
>Redpill

Here's your 'redpill', you're a faggot
>>
>>32706859
From what I've heard Kimber was great until they changed the source of their steel. Now they are overpriced shit tier guns who rely on the weight of their name.
>>
For the same money you could get a real Colt.

Kimber's quality is not anywhere near where it was when they were making the guns in Clackamas, Oregon, when "Kimber Custom" was literal truth. They hired Seth Cohen as their new penny-pinching, QC-eliminating CEO after they saw what he did for the US division of SIG.

Whereas post-2004 Colts are made on all new tooling, with greatly improved QC, and just might be the best value out there in a fullsize 1911 that is ready for hard use out of the box. Many gunsmiths say they're the best 1911s Colt has produced in eighty years.

tl;dr Kimber a shit, get a Colt

Also

>it is the current year
>lazor beemz

Mr. Costanza seriously hopes you guys shiggy diggy doo wop.
>>
>>32706859
I have a custom II and I love it, I've had 0 issues with it and it will hit anything I point it at with ease. Only thing I wish it has is a rail :(
>>
>>32706859
I have a Kimber Custom II, and I have had next to know problems (1 FTF/500).

I like it.
>>
>>32706950
>Whereas post-2004 Colts are made on all new tooling, with greatly improved QC, and just might be the best value out there in a fullsize 1911 that is ready for hard use out of the box. Many gunsmiths say they're the best 1911s Colt has produced in eighty years.

Do you have a source that corroborates this claim? I'd love to believe you, but I find it hard to believe that a company that's been in and out of bankruptcy constantly and that has such absolutely abysmal modern management is capable of making what you describe with any kind of consistency.
>>
>>32707234
Depends. Do you consider Hilton Yam and Tim Lau credible?

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
>>
>>32707302
Did you link the right article? That one says nothing about Colt 1911s being better than they've ever been.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 600x375px
>>32706859
>Redpill
>>
Alright faggots, not OP but I want a 1911, im looking at a colt delta elite because it's 10mm, and has the flush 7 round mags, and looks like something Crockett would use if he couldn't use the bren Ten.

Good gun or no? Should I just get a 45? I have a glock 19 and am very happy with it, but I want a "sexy" gun, and a glock 20/21 isn't sexy.
>>
>>32707365

http://www.10-8performance.com/pages/Choosing-a-1911-for-Duty-Use.html

I'm trying to find the page. Hilton Yam has also said that Kimber submitted various fullsize, supposedly semi-custom 1911s to his agency (Las Vegas PD SWAT) for testing that just wouldn't run out of the box--he was able to determine that they were .45s but had been assembled with 9mm extractors. This left him profoundly unimpressed with Kimber's QC.
>>
>>32707530
Factory Colt 10mm mags hold eight, actually, not seven.

Old (1980s) Colt Deltas were prone to frame cracks if you ran a lot of what was considered at the time to be hot fullpower 10mm out of them--the Norma 200gr FMJ at 1150 ft/sec beat the guns up badly, no matter how heavy the recoil springs were. And that was before Underwood "Glock Only" 10mm ammo.

More modern Colt Deltas have a redesigned frame and improved heat treatment to reduce the frame cracking problem, but Underwood at least feels the new Deltas still aren't up to their hottest ammo.

Do you think stainless 1911s are sexy? Get one in .45 or even 9mm. Colt is shipping fullsize stainless 1911s in 9mm now.
>>
>>32707609
I want the flush magazine, and am less worried about 7 vs 8, and just want the flush mag look. I've owned an ria 45 and hated how the bottom of the mag stuck out.

Is the regular 10mm round that much better than a 45? I want the 45/10mm for hog hunting and want to know the more effective round.
>>
>>32707723
Some 1911 mags have a base pad on them, some don't. Usually it's held on with a pair of little screws.

Some 1911s set up for competition have a magazine well funnel attached to the frame, and need the extra length of the base pad in order to load in a hurry.

Fullpower 10mm--well, there's stuff like the old Norma 200gr/1150 ft/sec ammo, and there is various 180gr/1250 ft/sec ammo floating around out there. It's roughly comparable to the warmer .45 ACP +P ammo, with a 185gr bullet at 1125-1150.

And then there is the 10mm ammo from a few smaller companies like Underwood that is quite a bit hotter than that.

But Underwood also loads some really stout .45 ACP+P, too, though I am not sure whether they have restrictions on what firearms it is to be used in.

Really it depends on what you want to do.
>>
>>32707922
I want to shoot the most powerful round I safely can out of a 1911.
>>
>>32708141
Well, 10mm is one candidate, yeah.

How are you measuring power? Bullet momentum as expressed in recoil? Kinetic energy? Muzzle velocity?

The .22 TCM cartridge from Armscor is a stretched, necked down 9mm that supposedly does 2100+ ft/sec out of a 5" barrel, but only with 40 grain bullets. There are hot +P loads in .45 ACP with 255gr cast bullets out there that will kick pretty hard. Highest kinetic energy figures, I'm guessing, might be from 155-165gr bullets pushed fast in 10mm.

And then there are oddities, like the old "9x25mm Dragonslayer" from the 1990s, which was a 10mm necked down to 9mm. It was intended to push 90gr bullets at close to 2000 ft/sec at high pressures that would make compensators/muzzle brakes more efficient, for competition.
>>
>>32708438
For things like hogs, people, and light barrier (car door) penetration.

I've been told to get a .357 but want a 1911.
>>
>>32709044
Get a Coonan?
>>
>>32706891
I thought they started getting frames from a different company or starting making them in house when their QC took a nose dive.
>>
>>32706950
This guy gets it.
FWIW Colt's custom shop is pretty well regarded. They do solid work for reasonable prices and boost the value of the gun. Turn around is a bit slow.
>>
>>32707569
So, I guess the 9mm ejector is what made them Custom?
>>
File: Automag V .50AE 1911.jpg (306KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Automag V .50AE 1911.jpg
306KB, 800x600px
>>32708438
>>
File: Opisfaggot.jpg (337KB, 1312x954px) Image search: [Google]
Opisfaggot.jpg
337KB, 1312x954px
>>32706859
>>
>>32706868
The toughest one to swallow
>>
Don't buy a new Colt. The fit and finish is shit compared to the old Colt. Kimber are pretty good usually but because mim parts people get anal.
>>
>>32706891
Thus spoken Zorathan. This is why older Kimbers are better. Ever since their production chanced over, their 1911's haven't been even close to how great they used to be.

Maybe one day they'll change again
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.