[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entry 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: PB9108LP_21.jpg (1MB, 2400x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PB9108LP_21.jpg
1MB, 2400x1500px
/k/,
Can you help me sort the the massive about of fudd information on 1911s? I'm trying to do research and pick a somewhat decent starter 1911 but holy fuck everyone is saying something different.

I'm considering the Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec because:
>Made in America now (hurrrr Brazil shitpost)
>Forged frame and slide
>pretty basic 1911 to get my feet wet

I've seen a few constant complaints on the weapon that include MIM part complaints, poor fittings, and inaccurate (just repeating what I've seen here).

I really don't want to buy some shit 1911 made by on some Island nation by an 11 year old so can you tell me. Is the Springfield Mil-Spec worth the money or not?
>>
>>32704685
What I want to know is why a cheap EXACT replica of the original cannot be made without some shitty wording all over it, does colt still have the rights ?
>>
RIA 1911s can handle .45 Super according to what they've said. Which means its just as good as American made for a fraction of the price.

Buying American products is like spending hundreds of thousands for a house made from a cheap wood frame and drywall. Its not worth the money and you're actually supporting a false market that's fucking you over by taking 1/3rd of the money you'll make in your life so you can have a house that'll fall apart in your lifetime.

There's fair business then there's outright market robbery of people that don't understand the value of what they are buying.

Its like buying a new car and losing 25% of what you paid once you drive it off the lot.

Some things can't justify their pricetag.
>>
>>32704757
RIA has cast frames if I remember correctly and maybe I've just read to much fudd info but shouldn't I avoid cast?
>>
>>32704685
Auto Ordnance
>>
>>32704788

There have been brass 1911s made for research. Even stamped sheet metal 1911s.

.45 ACP was developed when powder technology wasn't what it is now.

These days you can load .45 ACP so hot its powerful as mid range .44 magnum.

Unless you plan on shooting nothing but .45 Super, hot hand loads, or +P+ .45 ACP...

A cast frame is fine.
>>
>>32704712
because despite how many people claim they want it nobody actually wants an exact replica of the original 1911.
most 1911s have beavertails for a reason and everyone hates gi sights.
the few people who say they want an exact replica arent willing to pay for it. why would you bother making tiny safetys and other period accurate parts when you can shove the modern ones on it and nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>32704757
>implying all American houses are wood
>implying wood isn't a viable and cost effective choice in a country that actually still has abundant forests left
every house in my neighborhood is made of block or brick, but you're retarded
>>
>>32704757
Really? Because Auto Ordnance is entirely made in the US, and are the same price as RIAs.
>>
>>32705011

America has liars and snake oil salesmen like anywhere else. We also have fair businesses like everywhere else.

Why not consider a Hi-Point? Lifetime warranty, minimal work to make it reliable, etc and the price is right
>>
File: WT5oM7c.jpg (162KB, 610x631px) Image search: [Google]
WT5oM7c.jpg
162KB, 610x631px
>>32704685
I've heard Rock Island has been stepping up their game the past couple of years so you may be able to get a reliable entry level 1911 at a lower price. Auto Ordnance also has some offerings in the same price range as the Springfield. All things considered if I had to do it over again I'd go with the Springfield again.
>>
>>32704685
Tisas zig m1911 here. Cost 350$ shipped from Bud's, took 2 days. Fires straight and accurate as fuck, got about 500 rounds through it. Already reduced it to pieces and smoothed some of the trigger components to make the break smoother, still has a loooong trigger. Did I mention it's super accurate? Also eats all my ammo...HP, SWC, ball, doesn't fucking matter. Buy it.
>>
Anybody have any experience with Cimarron's WW1 style 1911? I don't mind the A1 parts they used. If not could someone recommend a decent starter mil-spec 1911?

Also unlike OP I don't mind if it was built by some 11 year old island child, as long as there is at least a 14 year old supervising.
>>
>>32705055
WHat does this have to do with what I said?
>>
How are Sigs 1911 other than >Le external extractor? You can get their basic one for 800 is it worth it?
>>
File: 52335149.jpg (375KB, 1274x830px) Image search: [Google]
52335149.jpg
375KB, 1274x830px
>>32704685
I was going to help you but you sound like a real douche in your post so fuck off.
>>
>>32704757
>RIA 1911s can handle .45 Super according to what they've said.
I've tried asking on a few 1911 threads if anyone knows brands that have supported case chambers for the barrels, mostly because I am curious what the cheapest production that could use .45 super with minimal tinkering would be.
Nobody has ever mentioned RIA brand.
>>
>>32704685
Glock 19
>>
File: IMG_0717.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>32705917
Oh no, my fee fees.
>>
>>32705949
Intelligent and witty comeback, I bet you enjoy it when your mom fucks you with her strap-on.
>>
File: 20161007_135054.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_135054.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Taurus. When you want to upgrade/update it I have found most aftermarket parts fit with minimal fitting
>>
>>32706666
>When you want to
Exactly, because the factory Taurus parts aren't actually good.
>>
>>32704712
It does, look up tisas and don't tell anyone.
>>
>>32706189
So you're basically mad you aren't getting a rise out of me?
>>
>>32704685
Why are you assuming that people bringing up Brazil are shitposters? You realize that Springfield is an IMPORTER, right? They have never made anything themselves, and no one actually knows from whom their 1911 parts are currently sourced. I dare you--go and try to find the exact source of their current 1911 slides and frames. You will not find anything conclusive on the matter.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.