[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW Inquiry Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1483659816001.jpg (40KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483659816001.jpg
40KB, 360x360px
Can you literally carry anywhere you choose--mall, restaurant, movie theater, public transportation-- so long as you have your permit?

If a cop sees your print, will they request to see your permit?
>>
>>32703474
>literally
Can't carry in gun free zones or gov't buildings. Check your states CCW laws for more. Google "[your state] CCW Laws". Unless you get caught by a raging soccermom and causes a scene over your piece you won't get asked to show it by a cop unless you do something stupid (like break the law). Also, "concealed" is in the name. Keep it that way and don't give the rest of us a bad name by ending up on the 5 o'clock news.
>>
>>32703474
21years of daily CC here. I carry everywhereI physically can. In other words, if there are no metal detectors of pat-downs I am carrying. Fuck signs, fuck "zones", fuck all of that noise. Concealed means concealed.
>>
>>32703540
NC is required to inform police that you're interacting with that you are carrying.
>>
>>32703839
and when you do so, it's probably best to say something like "I have a CC license" not "I have a gun"
>>
>>32703474
As long as you CC properly, and assuming you wont be going anywhere where someone will be prompted to check (Airport) I am a firm believer that you can CC anywhere.

Explain to me, why, if you could CC properly you wouldn't take a gun everywhere you physically could? Would you not rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6?

I regularly throw a sidearm in my bag I take to class because it sits in a pocket, inside a pocket.

Ain't letting Dylan and Eric get the drop on me.
>>
File: Captain Obvious HotelsCom.jpg (28KB, 618x357px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Obvious HotelsCom.jpg
28KB, 618x357px
>>32704453
No, really?
>>
>>32704518
When you say "can" do you mean possessing the agency and physical ability to do so? Or are you speaking in a sense of what is legal to do?

Most states specifically ban carry of any sort with no exception in places like courthouses
>>
Gov't buildings and any other designated gun-free buildings/zones (schools, public sporting events, airports, etc) are a no-no
Generally speaking you SHOULDN'T (with a finger wag) carry beyond a door marked with a no-gun sticker, but depending on your state law these may not be legally binding and the worst that can be done is you getting thrown out/banned
>>
>>32704725
I'm saying having the willpower and physical ability to properly conceal a firearm completely and totally until a time when you absolutely need it, and nothing else. I assume a court house would have a >50% chance of having a metal detector, so that would probably be out of the question.

Why would there be any legal issue unless you absolutely need to defend your life, in which case the alternative would be your death. I hate memes but that judged by 12 > carried by 6 is a pretty good application here.
>>
>>32704769
It's up to you then of course. Personally I ignore the "NOGUNZ!" stickers in business windows, but I take care not to reveal that I carry and if I ever did get found out and asked to leave I would definitely do so without argument. I don't need felony trespass, and I'd be more than happy to take my business elsewhere at that point.

My state specifically spells out in the law where one may carry, and those areas are legally binding and enforceable, so I don't go there. Not that I ever have business in schools or courthouses to begin with.
>>
>>32704832
>one may carry
may not* carry
>>
You can carry anywhere you want without a permit. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>32703474
>Gov't buildings and any other designated gun-free buildings/zones (schools, public sporting events, airports, etc) are a no-no
>Generally speaking you SHOULDN'T (with a finger wag) carry beyond a door marked with a no-gun sticker, but depending on your state law these may not be legally binding and the worst that can be done is you getting thrown out/banned
This guy gets it.

Here, doesn't have to be concealed, signs don't have force of law. Believe it or not, you can carry in an airport, just as long as it's not a secure area or past checkpoint. I carry everywhere the law allows me to (except work, I like getting paid). No duty to inform LEO unless questioned.

Greentext:

>Was involved in an altercation with a large group of people
>Public parking lot
>Nigger was chimping on someone who was open carrying at the time (not smart)
>Chimp suckerpunches the OC dude, takes a step back, and pulls a knife
>By the time the knife was shown, myself and 7 others had our guns drawn on him
>He drops the knife, but still runs his mouth
>Cops arrive 5 minutes later and question everybody involved
>Ask who all drew
>We raise our hands and offer our carry permits
>Cop laughs, declines
>Nigger goes to jail, felon in possession of drugs, active warrant, public intox
>Cop thanks us and sends us on our way
>>
>>32704705
Not guy you replied to, but when someone asks /k/ over Google. You gotta spoon feed info.
>>
>>32703474
spin around really quick and tell him u gota a gat
>>
>>32706098
ut he was replying to me, who said it. SO I already knew that.
>>
>>32704752
>SHOULDN'T
This anon probably read RFC 2119 at some point in his life.

>getting thrown out/banned
Maybe there are cuck states where that would happen. In mine, the most you can get is a criminal trespassing charge - but only if you're really, really thick. You first have to be noticed. Then you have to refuse to comply to a "reasonable request" by the owner's rep (and a .5x.5 in sticker on the door is not a reasonable request, you may have not seen it). Then you have to refuse to comply by a cop. And only then you get charged.
>>
>>32706537
>RFC 2119
never heard of it
>>
>>32706655
Read it, then. Very useful thing when talking or writing to suits.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.