[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The true king of the third world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 2.jpg (53KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53KB, 453x640px
I have seen a ton of pictures of old surplus rifles that make their way into third world countries. Usually things like FALs, Mosins, SKS, AKMs, G3.

What rifle is truly best for these conditions? Which one has the most proven track record in the worst conditions?

This got me thinking: say you were in a place where you couldn't easily get more ammunition, replacement parts like springs or stocks, etc. Say you basically had to scrounge up things to clean your rifle. Say you had to go months, possibly years without shooting it but needed it to operate at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>32703429
Martini Henry.
>>
>>32703440

I said living in the third world, not conquering it

>also, implying anyone can easily find ammo for that anyway
>>
>>32703449
>doesn't know about Afghani cave magic
>>
>>32703459
>>
>>32703468
They constantly find Martini Henrys floating around the sandbox and abroad. Ancient shit that has been tooled to unheard of calibers or made into muzzleloaders. Give a man a cave and some time and who knows what will happen.
http://oldbritishguns.com/khyber-pass-rifles
>>
Ak

Mozambique has one on their flag for fucksake.
>>
>>32703429
The kalashnikov
>>
File: Liberia 1992.jpg (551KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Liberia 1992.jpg
551KB, 2560x1600px
>>32703530
>>32703518

I've heard the G3 is more robust/easier to maintain though
>>
>>32704152
G3 would be my overall pick and probably the more quality option as opposed to pot metal AKs but when it comes to parts and ammo availability AKs reign supreme.
>>
>>32704182
g3s have rollers that wear out. true the average owner wont but 4 people later its gone. it will be impossible to get new rollers in some areas.
>>
>>32704182
Kek no

Rhodies replaced their FAL with G3 and they've complained about how unreliable it is compared to FAL
>>
smle
>>
File: Daddy_a4a008_5732764.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Daddy_a4a008_5732764.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>32703429

Dat simonov Garbine
>>
>>32703429
Flintlock. You can make black powder with piss and grass, and Mbewe the village blacksmith can make you replacement parts.
>>
>>32704482
That's because the Rhodies were fucking retards. They got licensed Portuguese G3s and assorted unlicensed sand nigger G3 clones then mixed parts.

FAL was so jamtastic the Galil only exists because of how bad it was in the dry sandy Jewland, and modern tests show that the FAL does not have the advantage in muddy Rhodesian conditions either when the G3 is actually a G3 and not a Frankengun.
>>
>>32704610

Blackpowder le meemee

Tell me chemist supreme. How do you get sulfur sources for your powder?

What method do you use to extract potassium nitrate from urine. The Swiss method while steady takes roughly a year to start up proper and you need to refine the end product.

How many peppers are going to blow their fingers off trying to make their own powder if something goes down by fooling around with strike anywhere matches and unrefined calcium tainted nitrate crystals.
>>
>>32704754
Sulfur is too much of a hassle to source, you use iron oxide instead
>>
>>32703516
The dry weather conditions make it easier to store guns without them rusting.
>>
File: kyber drill.jpg (47KB, 372x550px) Image search: [Google]
kyber drill.jpg
47KB, 372x550px
>>32703516
imagine if people were allowed to make the things they are capable of making

we might get a bit more innovation
>>
>>32704754
That's what's going to separate the preppers from people who have an education, natural selection.
>>
>>32703429
anything russian desu fampai

And by that I really mean:
>Mosin
>SKS
>AK
>>
>>32704666

I was going to add, aren't all G3 parts modular? As opposed to FAL with standard vs metric, carry handle receiver vs non, etc
>>
>>32704152
where have i seen that mask before???
>>
>>32706122
The Blackman Movie.
>>
>>32706078
When made to spec, yes. G3s, PSG-1s, and even the belt fed HK21s have ~50% parts interchangeability.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.