[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can dual wielding ever have a tactical advantage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: equilibrium.jpg (393KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium.jpg
393KB, 500x451px
Can dual wielding ever have a tactical advantage?
>>
File: dual wielding - gone wrong.webm (1MB, 768x436px) Image search: [Google]
dual wielding - gone wrong.webm
1MB, 768x436px
>>32703373
No
>>
File: M1895 Nagant Revolver.jpg (147KB, 2833x1715px) Image search: [Google]
M1895 Nagant Revolver.jpg
147KB, 2833x1715px
>>32703373
Volley Fire!
>>
>>32703383
Good shot. Dropped like a sack of fucking potatoes.
>>
>>32703373
You would have to train for it, maybe have some straps on your side so that you can reload with one hand.

Only then would it be an advantage, and only because the situation is high speed
>>
>>32703373
It's a slight possibility, if you really did practice enough to be able to shoot at one target you had your eyes on and simultaneously fire at one in your peripheral vision.

However, it's a lot more likely that you'd just be fucking up your aiming and that you'd be better served to fire at one target at a time. Ever try to catch two tennis balls or two frisbees at once? You often catch neither.
>>
>>32703383
Why would you ever try robbing a gun store?
>>
>>32703383
fuck, i guess .45 isn't a meme
>>
>>32703373
If you're ambidextrous, then you could presumably fire one gun until it goes dry and then switch to the other one. Don't know why you'd do it in the age of the detachable magazine, but it is technically possible.

However, you're never going to pull off equilibrium tier bullshit unless you have the favor of at least one god and the eyes of a chameleon.
>>
>>32703373
You have to be 18 to post here
You also cant be a no guns.
>>
>>32704095
Perhaps he wasn't very intelligent.
>>
>>32704095
Well if you can succeed then you get a buncha free guns.

Risk is enormous as Jamal and Co quickly realized.
>>
>>32703383
They didn't have to kill him!

How else is he supposed to buy clothes in the hood?
>>
>>32704184

The reality is there is no meme caliber. It's about shot placement and control. If you can put ten .22 lr rounds, in a second or two, into a targets chest, they are going down. Dead? Probably not, but they are going to be rendered ineffective. The only time caliber and ammunition really maters is if the target is armored, purposefully or accidentally (super thick coats for example), and is there cover involved.
>>
File: 1465571086051[1].jpg (47KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1465571086051[1].jpg
47KB, 876x493px
>>32704095
Happens more often then you think, and most of the time they are successful as they hit at night after hours, or they over power the old clerk who works there.

>pic related
>>
>>32703373
Very close range ratting. Simply because you can cover more angles, have more ammo immediately available, and are harder to disarm/disable.

The moment you actually need to aim it goes all the benefits go out the window.

You'd have to be an idiot/extremely unlucky to be in a situation where you have make such a mad dash that going akimbo actually provides advantages. Like some real hollywood tier dead man walking shit, but without the plot armor.
>>
>>32703373
Yes. If you hold two guns, you effectively double your magazine capacity before needing to reload. Don't fire them simultaneously, fire them sequentially. Use one gun like you're only holding it, then switch to your other gun and hand. I suppose it has the added benefit of still having a gun in a fully functioning arm if one of them gets shot.

So really, it's not that major, especially given the inconvenience of carrying two guns.
>>
>>32704095
its a pawn shop
>>
Intimidation.
>>
File: ooga booga.jpg (19KB, 575x240px) Image search: [Google]
ooga booga.jpg
19KB, 575x240px
In some certain situations, depending on skill, yes.
>>
>>32706404
You could have all the benefits of that without the 0% accuracy multiplier just by New York reloading.
>>
>>32707296
It's faster than New York reloading because you already have the next firearm in hand rather than needing to draw it.
>>
>>32706638
they aren't mutually exclusive y'know
>>
>reading the dark tower: gunslinger
>main characer cowboy duel wields because it's supposed to be cool
>just imagine he has one gun anyways
>>
LAV proved it doesn't work, but maybe if you had laser sights it might kinda sorta work.
>>
File: black sabbath matters.jpg (52KB, 338x395px) Image search: [Google]
black sabbath matters.jpg
52KB, 338x395px
>>32705673
Nigger too poor the fill the mag for a picture I see...
>>
What about that dude on ripleys believe it or not that can draw two pictures at the same time with either hand
he might be able to pull it off in some way.
also
>new york reload
kinda applies i geuss
>>
>>32703373
No
>>
>>32703373
Iirc, isn't the new york reload drawing a secondary pistol when reloading the primary is unoptimal to the situation?

That said, dual wield has its places, but firing both in tandem at the same target is not one of those places
>>
Unless you have overly muscular forearms, plus really stable wrists to stabilize the recoil, as well as chameleon eyes, then no, its mostly hollywood memery to look cool.
>>
>lay suppressive hip-fire with one hand while flanking
>take a few well placed shots once you get around opponent's cover without ever stopping suppression

cud work.
>>
>>32703373
You can provide covering fire for someone who has a rifle if you didn't have a rifle and the other guy had a sidearm.
>>
>>32703373
More bullets before you gotta reload.
Also suppressing fire, I guess.
>>
>>32703383
Is that Hayao Miyazaki?
>>
>>32703373
Suppressing fire in a situation where you don't have an automatic weapon and need to keep fuckers behind cover

i.e. everything has already gone wrong, so why not just go with it?
>>
>>
Have a corpus callosectomy. Then you'll be able to dual wield effectively.
>>
I read that the red army used dual pistols as a way to add suppressive fire to underequiped units in urban situations. This was in the civil war and the teqhnique died out ad soon as mg's and smg's came more plentiful.
>>
>>32711598
>doesnt even need to look in target direction

Based.
>>
>>32709174
Hate to break it to you man, but... about Steven King...
>>
File: strabismus-2.jpg (59KB, 350x386px) Image search: [Google]
strabismus-2.jpg
59KB, 350x386px
>>32704914
Being just ambidextrous won't be enough. You are aiming two guns with the assumption there will be simultaneously two threats/target areas to suppress.
>>
>>32713054
See
>>32712926
>>
>>32704095
Some gun store just this week was robbed. Smash n grab. They got away with 11 guns I think. They probably scouted it but literal in and out
>>
>>32713054
>my mother is panel 2 and my mother-in-law is panel 1

Think they'll negate each other when we have kids?
>>
>>32713266
They can wield three guns together.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_n3sg944bG11rarngto1_400.gif (956KB, 290x136px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3sg944bG11rarngto1_400.gif
956KB, 290x136px
>>
File: tumblr_n3sg944bG11rarngto2_400.gif (959KB, 275x131px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3sg944bG11rarngto2_400.gif
959KB, 275x131px
>>
In the Outlaw Josie Wales based Clint uses dual wielding when attacking a bunch of motherfuckers, the only time he fires both at the same time is when he needs to create panic in a general direction, ie just shoot a lot to a general area and if you happen to hit something cool if not fear has already been placed in the heard of your enemy, but to actually drop motherfuckers he would take turns and the time to properly aim and then shoot. Great movie btw
>>
>>32703373
Only on 4chan will someone feel the need to ask if dual wielding is tacticall sound.

Go back to your console, Tyrone. Your team needs you.
>>
>>32713054
Reading comprehension. I explicitly said firing one gun at a time.
>>
I like the idea of using akimbo to lay cover fire for yourself with one gun and taking aimed shots with the other. Would be a good last ditch effort if you get flanked by 2 groups.
Also if you can surprise a group at close range you can do a lot of damage with 2 pistols before they know what's happening. (Think gangster movie, busting into a backroom poker game)

Really, the likelihood of running into these situations doesn't make up for the weight of a second full sized pistol. But the badassery does.
>>
>>32703373

probably depends on caliber and range

it does give you twice as many available rounds in chamber, which is nice.
>>
>>32713428
>>32713433
wtf
>>
>>32711253
It is.

>>32703383
coming into this store was a mistake - Hayao Miyazaki 2017.webm
>>
Assuming dual wield, both would need to be of the same type so less confusion with mags. I don't even know how I would reload in a non clumsy way. Granted ejection is easy mags reloading and releasing slides would be a pain in the ass, possibly.
>>
>>32713732
Reading comprehension. I explicitly said two simultaneous targets to suppress.
>>
>>32703373
It's the same with melee weapons. Are you better off holding two knives, or a polearm? The latter. In the situations that the knives are better, you don't need two of them for a knife to be better. But the polearm will be better for killing every other time.

For the dual wielding gun scenario, if you're carrying two, you're going to have a hard time aiming either. Assuming you fire one at a time, and then switch focus, why didn't you just carry more ammunition, instead of another gun? Because as soon as that gun goes dry, you're going to reload it anyway. You're back to being someone without any loaded ammo, and your advantage is gone, but you don't have a free hand to help reload.

People have stated some situations in which it'd work, but I think it's a lot of autism for something that doesn't really help in others. Gangs don't do it for tactical advantage (not that they'd be aware of it), they just do it for bling reasons.
>>
>>32709174
don't worry he goes one-gun for the rest of the series after a real nail-biter of a scene
>>
File: IMG_20170120_225558_214.jpg (55KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170120_225558_214.jpg
55KB, 807x802px
https://youtu.be/cXAiphQ3J3Q_s?t=195
>>
>>32705673
>>32709218

Well yeah, those guns were confirmed stolen. They were notified during that video they uploaded. The owner of the gunstore that was robbed was able to identify the guns because they were in the exact configuration as when they were stolen.
>>
>>32706638

A pawn shop that sells guns.

Ergo, a gun shop.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.