[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mossberg wtf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4898.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4898.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I got a used Mossberg 590A1 this week, and it's having trouble loading shells. The cartridge stop isn't being depressed with the pump so it's not releasing the shell. I ordered a new stop, ejector, and elevator for t hoping that will fix it.

I noticed that the pump rail is sliding under the ejector and keeping it lifted after the elevator moves past it, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the case or if it's suppose to glide over it and suppress it. Pic related if you can make it out. It wasn't doing this so much day 1 and I can definitely confirm that it was going under the ejector then. Can anyone shed some light on it for me?
>>
File: IMG_4903.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4903.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Pump rail I'm talking about. Also in the other pic I may have had the ejector under the pump rail for that pic, I can't remember but that's what it looks like now. These pics are probably useless to you anyway.
>>
File: Mossberg 500 1.png (680KB, 1648x895px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg 500 1.png
680KB, 1648x895px
The rail has a groove on it that goes over the shell stop lever and pushes it out of the way.
>>
File: Mossberg 500 2.png (697KB, 1683x902px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg 500 2.png
697KB, 1683x902px
Have you tried reassembling it multiple times?
>>
>>32701674

>Buying used shit
>Blames manufacturer

Okay.
>>
>>32702384
Yeah last night I did it four or five times. So the pump arm is supposed to depress the cartridge stop for sure? If that's the case I think I can get a file and make it work properly
>>
did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?
>>
>>32702656

Yes, the pump arm presses the shell stop against the receiver, the shell is then released.
>>
>>32702681
Alright I'll see what I can do when I get home then. I hope I don't have to order a new pump.
>>
>>32702435
Not OP, but this is a known issue to happen to brand new Mossberg as well.
>>
>>32701674
>I ordered a new stop, ejector, and elevator for t hoping that will fix it.

Too bad it's the spring...
>>
>>32702904
Yeah that's what I had heard too. Any recommended best fixes aside from replacing parts? Also I mis spoke in the OP, what I ordered was the elevator, cart stop, and cart interuptor.
>>
>>32702984
What, in the feed tube? Why do you say that? I can plainly see the ejector not being depressed when I pump it
>>
>>32702994
>>32702984
Also when I press the ejector with my finger the cart pops right out with no issue
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.