[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first shotgun, ammo suggestions would be good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: gun guide.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
gun guide.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
Been using this /k/ guide to buy my first shotgun. Gonna settle for the Maverick 88.

Looking at sensible loads for home defense and was thinking of buying Federal 7.5 birdshot for it. Would it make sense to have the birdshot for home defense or should I stick to the Winchester Super X with regards to it?
>>
>>32699660
>Should I use birdshot for home defense?

Anyone have that gif of the woman getting shot in the chest from across a room and not even noticing because it was birdshot?
>>
>>32699715
Right, current fear is over penetration, so I can only assume 00 buck is my best bet, even though the above guide said to use #4.
>>
File: anon gets tricked twice.jpg (1KB, 16x125px) Image search: [Google]
anon gets tricked twice.jpg
1KB, 16x125px
just man the fuck up and use live rattlesnakes for home defense like everyone else holy shit
>>
>>32699729
>Snake kills my German Shepherd and me

GG, you really did it this time, anon.
>>
>>32699749
>not using trained rattlesnakes
>>
File: for_ants_tiny.gif (40KB, 20x17px) Image search: [Google]
for_ants_tiny.gif
40KB, 20x17px
>>32699729
>>
#4 buck is the minimum you would want to use for deadly force. You can look in to the stubby (2" I think) shells for a weaker round, or look for a lower powder load as that would lower the risk of over penetration and scattergatting your family/neighbors.
>>
>>32699880
Alright, thank you!
>>
>>32699660
I also have the Maverick. I just use plain 00 Buck but #4 Buck would be good to use for home defense in my opinion.
>>
>>32699880
>Short shells
>Feeding

Use 2 3/4 shells, they're what every shotgun was made around. If you're that worried about over-penetration use low recoil #4 buck. It's still basically like instantly mag dumping a 10/22 into them with every shot, and you won't have any feeding problems.
>>
File: 1484800984302.jpg (200KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484800984302.jpg
200KB, 960x960px
>m70ab2 for under 600
WHERE
>>
Go find a pawn shop and try to get something used. Also I would say don't go any smaller than BB, but I would recommend #4 or larger buckshot
>>
>>32700257
That's a good point about the feedingl issues. OP just get low recoil #4 Buckshot.
>>
>>32702803
California. ;_;

None of the pawn shops near me sell guns.
>>
>>32700412
>image is 2 years old
NPAP-DF was better anyway. At least it was made by Zastava.
>>
>>32699660
>00 buck
>4 buck
>BBB bird (very slightly smaller than 4 buck)

All will kill someone from any reasonable distance in your house.

7.5 is a little light for ducks even. It's for pheasant and clay pigeon.
>>
>>32699660
Wait for the new non nfa SBS Mossberg 590. My dick is diamonds for that shit
>>
>>32704652
>SBS
>non-NFA
I know what you're talking about and everything but when you phrase it this way you sound ignorant as fuck.

It's NFA because it's a "firearm," not a shotgun. SBS is inherently an NFA classification.

Not trying to sperg out and REE you but words mean things, particularly in the context of a law as stupidly specific as the NFA.
>>
>>32705437
>Not trying to sperg out
Ya failed
>>
>>32705645
Understanding the difference between a "firearm," a "shotgun" and a "short-barreled shotgun" is literally the difference between having a fun scattergat with >18" barrel and the ATF shooting your dog and dilating your asshole, anon.
>>
>>32700412
>>32700412
There's a used one at my local shop for 575
>>
>>32704466
muh rpk receiver
muh gas block for firin gruhnades
>>
>>32699660
We really should update that.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.