[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: PistolRange.jpg (483KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
PistolRange.jpg
483KB, 849x565px
Why is it so hard to get people to show up to the range?

Everyone talks about how much fun it would be to go shoot or try something new. But when the day comes everyone fucking flakes.

Going to the range alone again tomorrow when five fucking people have cancelled on me. And it was their idea to come along.
>>
>>32699482
>coworkers always tell me they want to try
>always tell people I'm willing to take them with me but they never initiate or text
>actually convince one coworker to go with me
>she actually shows up
>follows through and she gets a P320 a weeks later
>ask her if she wants to go again
>she has had the P320 for three months and still hasn't shot it

I've only been successful with two people going with me on two seperate occasions.

You're lucky. Going to the range with five fucking new shooters is a recipie for disaster, if anything, two is maximum. Way too much fuckery with five. I've stopped caring and instead, I'm worrying more about my progession as a shooter for now on.
>>
>>32699482
For a lot of people shooting a gun is intimidating, they talk about it the same way they talk about going skydiving.

Also people are lazy and cheap.
>>
I work at a best buy and my coworkers constantly go shooting with me

No idea what you're on about
>>
File: 1484639745851.png (301KB, 514x554px) Image search: [Google]
1484639745851.png
301KB, 514x554px
I literally never have this problem.
>feel like going to range
>don't feel like shooting alone
>call friends with guns
>they're not busy
>pick them up cuz big car
>we go together
>have fun
>make fun of losers shooting by themselves
>>
It's too damn expensive. They all love the idea, until it's time to drop cash. It was the same when I was a kid and paintballed
>>
>>32699482
People have things to do. It happens.
Where are you located OP?
>>
File: 1274298558794.jpg (39KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
1274298558794.jpg
39KB, 800x620px
You think that's bad? Try bringing friends or guests to a range in the UK
>private range
>have to wait for one of the 12 days per year the the Holy British Government has allowed those not so licensed to shoot go and shoot firearms (shotguns exempt)
>have to get invited individuals to phone club seceretary/range manager a week before to let them know they're coming
>have to sign paperwork to say you're not a criminal/insane
>have to travel to London and publicly fellate government officials dressed in sadist gear in compensation for possibly introducing new people to the evil 'sport' of shooting
>>
>>32699681
>It's too damn expensive.
it is like $100 to rent a gun +100 rounds of ammo. it's not like it is that expensive for someone who has an actual job.
>>
File: image.png (56KB, 321x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56KB, 321x248px
>>32699482
Yeah it's annoying, if only they stopped bringing it up to get together and go shoot. Yet they are the ones sending that text 20 mins before the meet up saying they can't make it.

In my case it's been a year and a half of my co workers flaking out at the last minute. I don't even talk about it anymore cause it's stupid. I just tell them I already went shooting and can't go even if they promised they'd show up.
>>
>>32699713
Most people would rather drop a bill on a dinner or something shit tier like that. I don't make the rules anon
>>
>>32699713
Ive got lots of guns and ammo, money isnt a big deal. What i really dislike is paying for range time. When youre paying $15-25 an hour, it really takes some of the fun out. But i shoot outdoors 99% of the time
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.