[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big mistake in deploying troops to Poland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5763269_orig.jpg (87KB, 974x637px) Image search: [Google]
5763269_orig.jpg
87KB, 974x637px
Since Obama has deployed troops to Poland and the last country that did it ended up banning all the symbols of that regime, how would the current US Military hold up in a modern Siege of Stalingrad scenario?
>>
I can only see this thread ending well.
>>
>>32697776
>I can only see this thread ending well.
FPBP but really, you can say that about most /k/ threads.

A better question is what would have happened if he didn't?
Half the Russian military 'exercising' on Poland's borders. Accidentally wander across the border and occupy a town (it's our on OUR map). Town is found to have long lost Russians in it who were brutally oppressed under Polish democracy and are welcomed back to the fatherland.

Russian borders moved 5km.

Rince and repeat on every Russian border with Europe.

The Trump compromat meme is so easy to believe because Trump is playing into this with threatening to undermine NATO etc. It would really aid a second Russian imperialist, expansionist era.
>>
>>32697941
Realtalk, the Senate is looking for an excuse to hang Trump.

If Trump interfered with Article V in any way, that would be more than enough.
>>
File: 63996694533.jpg (39KB, 598x608px) Image search: [Google]
63996694533.jpg
39KB, 598x608px
>>32697755
This thread is retarded.

But, I'll humor you.
The US could easily supply a 600,000 man army via air, so that issue wouldn't exactly be much of an issue. One would argue that Soviet SAMs would prevent air resupply, but I would argue US SEAD would make short work of most SAM sites. MANPADs would still be an issue so cargo planes would have to fly high, so supply drops might miss, and that'd be the biggest issue.
Of course, any long term siege simply wouldn't happen. Warfare maneuvers are far too fast and decisive, and any encircled army would either break out in short order or be destroyed by precision bombardment. If you ask me, a US attack on Stalingrad wouldn't be surrounded a la WW2, and at the same time I find it highly unlikely the US would attack Stalingrad in the first place. With ground troops I mean. I could definitely see every inch of heavy industry and communications obliterated by precision air strikes in the first week of any US-Russian conflict of this magnitude. The land army would be focused on pressing to Moscow and destroying Russian troop concentrations, not taking industry.
>>
>>32697967
>Realtalk, the Senate is looking for an excuse to hang Trump.
>If Trump interfered with Article V in any way, that would be more than enough.
The democrat senate certainly would but the republican senate isn't too likely to hang him on a whim. They get voted for by the same population that voted Trump, so if they're seen to work against him then they lose to a tea party candidate next time around. The tea party candidates aren't going to want to hang Trump of course, they like maverick strong-man ideologues.

I'm sure there's a line that Trump could cross that would turn the senate republicans against him but I don't think it'll happen lightly.
>>
>>32698087
>They get voted for by the same population that voted Trump

Not really.

A lot less people vote in Senate elections, and the districts are ridiculously gerrymandered.
>>
>>32698616
>Senate
>Districts

Senators do not have districts. They have states.
>>
>>32698616
>>32698693

I think he referring to House elections
>>
>>32698744
>I think he referring to
I'm >>32698087 and I was referring to the houses that vote in impeachment proceedings, which is separately congress (to impeach) and senate (to try the impeachment). In practical terms, both federal houses need to support it though not necessarily simultaneously.

This DOES mean that congressmen and women get to recant their support (WE WUZ TRICKED/I have seen the error of my ways) to try and control any backlash but senators don't get the same advantage.

In anycase, Congress has districts which as >>32698616 says:
>the districts are ridiculously gerrymandered

However they're usually gerrymandered in favor of minority ruling parties rather than majority ruling parties. This is so that in an example three district state, you give your majority opponents a really strong safe district with almost all of their voters and yourself two somewhat safe seats with all of yours and some of theirs.
It lets you turn 40%/40%/40% into 0%/60%/60% which gives you 2/3 instead of 0/3.

If you already have 60%/60%/60% then you want things to be as even as possible.

This means that Republican representatives who want or need to piss off Trump voters by impeaching Trump generally don't have to worry about losing votes to democracts unless they're in a Republican gerrymandered moderate blue state, in which case they're in a 60% district above and could tip it over to blue if they aren't careful.

Their real danger is from within the party, largely from tea party candidates next time around. Because it's a MUH FEEL based movement, they're fickle and if you're seen as secretly being an establishment conservative, you could be thrown out by the next soccer mom or secret-business republican who can take their tie off and pretend to be a folksy hick for votes.
>>
>>32697967
Interfere with the god king expect a short stop and sudden drop
>>
>>32697755
>Siege of Stalingrad Scenario
I don't think there's a single civilization on this planet willing to have a repeat of that.
>>
>>32697755
>how would the current US Military hold up in a modern Siege of Stalingrad scenario?

if the US had reached the Volga in a war fought over Poland I'd say NATO would be doing pretty well already
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.