[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22LR pistols why are they so expensive in the $500 range, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Ruger-Mark.gif (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Mark.gif
18KB, 300x300px
22LR pistols why are they so expensive in the $500 range, and what is a good one that doesn't cost a arm an a leg?
>>
Those "expensive" 22 pistols are for target shooting, and precision ain't cheap.
>>
>>32696452
Because many are built with competitions in mind.
Because they are eternally useful for practicing, so are rarely sold.
Because there ARE cheap .22LR pistols.

Mine had a store price of less than $400 desu, and I explicitly paid $100 more than a cheaper but also shoddier firearm. And mine's fucking brand new. I don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>32696509
care to share what it's called?
>>
>>32696452
S&W Victory is a little over 300
http://grabagun.com/s-w-victory-22lr-10rd-5-5-sts-afos.html
>>
File: pocket stiffy NAA.jpg (183KB, 1147x1880px) Image search: [Google]
pocket stiffy NAA.jpg
183KB, 1147x1880px
You can get new Mark IV's under $400 if you don't want the fawncy versions. The all-steel, rail equipped target models are going to run a little higher, especially revolvers. Remember that these are hammer fired pistols chambered for a rifle round, paying for a reliable model is worth it. The cheapest one that fits that description is the Beretta Neos but they're sort of weird. The poly models that mimic centerfire designs tend to have problems unless it's from a company that makes a lot of .22s, like the Ruger SR22. Sig can't even make one of those right.
>>
>>32697283
Just got one the other day for $350 which I didn't think was too bad considering everywhere near me is a $30 transfer fee. Shoots p nice to be honest, though I did have a few malfunctions, it was probably a combination of using whatever shitty cheap ammo I could find and the fact that my grip was all weird because I'm lefty and a normal grip puts my thumb right in front of the ejection port. Would buy again for $350, though the takedown screw is overtorqued as shit from the factory because too many people bitched about it coming loose when firing long sessions.
>>
>>32698868
Has the screw been a problem for you? Perhaps effecting accuracy at all? I was thinking of picking one up.
>>
File: 8786931_1.jpg (101KB, 1024x594px) Image search: [Google]
8786931_1.jpg
101KB, 1024x594px
I just got a Ruger mark I for $80 from a friend. Anyone know what they usually go for?
>>
>>32696452
I'm not poor like OP.

What's the best 22LR pistol for target shooting?
>>
>>32699289
s&w 41 if you are rich, then ruger mk whatever or browning buckmark. single six or single 10 is a good choice if you want cowboy style.
anything that looks like another gun like mosquitos, p22, 1911s is a piece of shit that should be avoided.
>>
What's a good .22lr pistol with a threaded barrel? I want a practice plinker that I can make hearing safe when the HPA passes.
>>
>>32699773
Threaded ruger mkii or mkiii
>>
>>32696452
Beretta Neos is pretty cool. Got mine for about 250 and it's accurate. It's a little quirky though. You might not like the looks and the grip might feel weird for you, so try one out first.
>>
File: Rossi Plinker.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Rossi Plinker.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
Got this for $300 plus tax. Shoots nice.
>>
>>32699251
You have a good damn friend. I'd say $300-$400. Plus it's old-school Ruger engineering with none of the safety bullshit and a better bluing job.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.