[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were there no new .45 GAP guns at the ShotShow this year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: acp-v-gap.jpg (54KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
acp-v-gap.jpg
54KB, 600x564px
Why were there no new .45 GAP guns at the ShotShow this year? I was hoping for a carbine or something.
>>
.45 GAP was dead on arrival.
>>
>>32696312
>.45 Gay Ass Penetration

No, nobody wanted what is the equivalent of a .380 for 9mm. If you've got a big round like a .45., you're already going for power over capacity. .45 GAP doesn't give you anything in return for that loss.
>>
>>32696326
This. For all the shit .40 S&W gets, at least it's guns will still have ammo made in 20 years. People who fell for the .45 GAP are going to be like the people who own .30-40 Krags and other guns where ammo availability is limited.
>>
And think, .45 G.A.P. is my service caliber, lol.
>>
>>32696312
Because it sucks. Shortening pistol cartridges and raising their standard pressures was a bad idea.
>>
>>32696312
If 45GAP were rimmed, it may have been a decent revolver caliber.
>>
>>32696356
At least there's reasons to buy .30-40 Krag.

>>32696457
Your department have a Glock affiliation? I'm pretty sure Georgia State Patrol was basically paid to use them. They've got 9mm Glocks now.

>>32696462
If anything we should see .45 Super or .460 Rowland.
>>
>>32696326
Only because it tried to modernize fudds.

I like the concept. A 45 cal similar to the performance of 45 auto but in a smaller frame. They tried making the frames like their 9mm counterparts. Problem is they tried to change something that was dead long ago...45 in general.

9x19 is going to be king for a while.
>>
>>32696654
A 9 will barely penetrate a winter jacket while a 45 will literally knock someone back a few feet depending on the range.
>>
>>32696681
This is completely true. There's no longer a need for caliber wars on /k/. Stopping power isn't a meme, and winter jackets are basically Kevlar.
>>
>>32696589
Yes we do. The guns themselves are pretty solid, just the caliber is a pain in the ads.
>>
>>32696312
Cause Pa state police ditched it and it spelled the death of that caliber.
>>
>>32696681
Not into physics there are you?
>>
>>32696681
I'm not advocating for 9. I'm just saying it's king. It is king. I have never shot anyone but I'm a little suspicious of 45's wives tales. I just don't know...Some loads are just meh. Others surprise me. Like critical duty/zombie max. Narly rounds...Fuck...That was a nutnfancy word.
>>
>>32696681
Kek
>>
>>32696312
You don't actually follow the industry, do you?
>>32696457
NY State Trooper?
>>
>>32696312
.45 super and .450 SMC came into the picture.
>>
>>32696788
Of there's anything in the pipes for it I haven't seen it and ammo is still expensive for a gimped .45 ACP
>>
Would a pistol chambered in .45 ACP safely fire .45 GAP? Even if it might have cycling issues?

I get that there's no point given that .45 ACP is cheaper and more popular, just always wondered.
>>
>>32696724
I'm not sure he's that into guns either after that statement.
>>
>>32697289
People shoot .40 out of 10mm glocks so I imagine the same could be done with .45 GAP through ACP. It'll be hell on your extractor.
>>
>>32696589
>I'm pretty sure Georgia State Patrol was basically paid to use them. They've got 9mm Glocks now.

The story I heard is that they preordered them and then couldn't get their money back.
>>
>>32696818
The cheapest, dirtiest shit rounds are 0.56 a round.
>>
>>32698627
That pic though
>Alcoholism meets veganism
>>
>>32698627
Jesus, looks that subhuman.
>Let's play a game - Liberal or Progeria
>>
>>32698627
And .45 ACP is almost half that and most guns are chambered in it, no one wants to switch over to unicorn nonsense that requires designing an entire gun when .45 ACP sells just fine
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.