[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on concealed guns on your ankle? Do you do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
What are your thoughts on concealed guns on your ankle? Do you do it?
>>
>>32695970
I'd never do it on the reg. Talk about uncomfortable.

Now if im going into a situation where I have to be tactically tactical, like a gunfight, sure.

But I'd probably carry one between my scrawny ass butt cheeks too if we're talking about that.
>>
If I'm wearing pants, I can probably get away with IWB carring a single stack polymer 9mm.

Running must be a bitch with that.
>>
When I was an edgy teenager I used to carry a knife in my boot at school all the time. I never stabbed anyone with it but I also never felt like a badass fucking with getting my pant cuff up and kind of hopping on one foot to get it up to arms reach. I got in two fights with it in my boot and never even remembered I had it there until afterwords.

Realistically drawing from an ankle holster puts you in a vulnerable position and you wouldn't have time or room to do so in a self defense scenario. In a situation like a mugging, getting jumped, confronted by an armed intruder, you really don't want to be crouching and you will be clearly going for a gun on your ankle long before you actually have a gun in your hand.

The only situation where I would think its not a bad idea is if you are in a high risk setting like a jewelry store where you will be seated for 90% of your time carrying.
>>
Slow draw, location limits the size of gun, easy to print, easy to get dirty, too much movement while walking. Probably the only advantage is someone might not think to check you for a gun there. I'd maybe keep a bug there, buts that's a stretch even then.
>>
>>32695970
I'd say it's only viable in a john wick scenario where you somehow get knocked down and need to draw a second gun or something.
>>
>>32695970
It's fucking stupid so nobody expects you to do it.

That's pretty much it. I get pat down a lot, they never do a good job, you could get a small ankle gun by most security checkpoints.

Alternatively,
>pretend to tie shoes
>you are now kneeling, protecting your vitals
>it isn't obviously offensive like reaching for your hip
>shazam, a gun in your hand
>slot floppies
>>
>>32696116
This

One of the Instructors at my local Sheriff's Office uses one
He challenged a meaty, former wrestler cadet who had a big mouth to take him down
The cadet took him down but almost immediately the entire room went deaf
The cadet was pale white and everyone just stared at the smoking revolver in the instructor's hand
They were blanks

I honestly can't think of a more practical application for ankle carry
>>
>>32696207
Sitting down. You can move your leg up much less noticeably than you can more your torso around. You also don't have to worry about seatbelts in a car
>>
>>32696451
I think shoulder carry is more practical in a car
>>
Do to a back injury I have shit balance most of the time, plus I have big muscly legs so unless it's something tiny like a NAA revolver I can't really swing it. 22 magnum backup in a 4inch barrel isnt that bad I guess...

I have similar problems with the shoulder holster I inherited, for 1911 with 2 mags. if it isn't winter with big jackets I print like a motherfucker. I just pocket carry.
>>
>>32696531
Fucking phone auto corrects. I tried to get them awl.
>>
>>32695970
nice shoes their nancy boy.
>>
>>32696065
Stuffing a knife in a boot seems like a sensible decision if you just want a knife whenever and want to use your pockets for something else (or just want an extra knife), instead of "for combat."
>>
>>32696597

In my case it was cutting edge deep cover concealment incase they wanted to make people empty their pockets going into the building. It served valiantly cutting open rillos and getting thrown at the back door to the locker room.

My experience trying to draw a weapon from my ankle in non-combat situations makes me think you would get yourself killed trying to do it. I'm a showy person and there is just no badass way to pull up your pant cuff, reach down to your ankle and get something. Believe me I tried to make it happen.
>>
>>32697073
>badass way
There are cases where badassery is not required. Prime examples: San Bernardino, or Orlando. Most of them had enough time to reach for their firearms, had they had them. Likewise, contemporary corporate office setup - if there's an active shooter, you don't need to be in a hurry and can dig it out of your ass with no haste should there be a need. Unless you happen to be where the shooter starts - well, tough shit then.
>>
I carry an mp bodyguard in an ankle holster. I don't wear gay boy jeans so you can't see any imprinting. For me it's much more comfortable than iwb. I also had problems with printing and my shirt coming up exposing the pistol. I dont like anyone knowing I ccw and I carry a lot to my kids practices so I don't want to hear shit from some literal soccer mom bitching about me carrying.
>>
>>32695970
if I were a dirty cop and needed a frameup piece sure
>>
>>32696501
Or thigh carry for operators
>>
>>32696009
>Now if im going into a situation where I have to be tactically tactical, like a gunfight, sure.
>Now if im going into a situation where I have to be tactically tactical
>tactically tactical
>>
>>32696152
>give me your wallet
>one sec let me tie my shoe first
right...
>>
File: thigh carry.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thigh carry.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
What about carrying on your inner thigh?
>>
Too complicated to draw in a life or death situation. Better faster and more instinctive would (if you carry 4 o clock) to put a mouse gun into a pocket holster on your right
>>
>>32699578
Are you
a) a girl
b) a Scotsman
c) a cross dresser??

Because unless you are, why would you be wearing a skirt as only piece of cloth that allows that kind of carry?
>>
>>32699598
If I'm wearing short shorts would thigh carry be considered open carry?
>>
>>32695970

I knew an old guy who used to cut hair in a ghetto that always ankle carried. The people who mugged him stole his ankle gun too.

That pretty much gave me all the information I needed to know about ankle holsters before I was even 10 years old.
>>
>>32699633
I'd be considered hot
>>
File: 1484098060697.jpg (37KB, 728x544px) Image search: [Google]
1484098060697.jpg
37KB, 728x544px
>>32696207
>Shooting blanks at someone with anything other than a starting pistol

Are you trying to injure someone? Blanks are fucking dangerous and at close ranges like you described they'be been known to kill people. That trainer should have been fired for negligence. That or you're making shit up
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.