[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

I want to enlist in the United States Marine Corp and my recruiter wants me to go to meps within this month. I'm a bit nervous, that when I take the Asvab I wont score high enough to get the MOS that I'm interested in.I'm really interested in both intel and recon. The whole obtaining of information seems very interesting to me. So basically do you guys have any advice for me when going to meps?
>>
I also want to mention I'm in my last year of high school
>>
>>32693418
Dress nice. I did it to kiss ass and it made MEPS a million times easier.
Generally treat the whole thing as a day long interview, be respectful, etc.
Be prepared to wait a long time.
What job within intel are you looking into specifically?
>>
>>32693418
Do you get unsettled by men with fingers as thick as sausages?
>>
What job within intel are you looking into specifically?

Something that has to do with photography. My father put me in a photography class last year and I absolutely loved it.
>>
>>32693465
Ahhhh okay, so, you're not gonna start out in something like that. Try for linguist (267X) or 2629. Just google those MOSs.
>>
>>32693499
Me again, one more thing, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE A CONTRACT STATING THAT YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED THE MOS YOU WANT. I came dangerously close to getting fucked when i joined because i didnt read the whole thing.
>>
>>32693499
Dont fucking go linguist, go any other intel, you get the nice top secret clearance without any of the other bullshit.
>>
What does a top secret clearance grant me?
>>
>>32693556
Job opportunities after the military.
>>
>>32693418
If your OP stands as a benchline for your verbal abilities, it looks like you're going to get about a 65th Percentile on the ASVAB.
Bad news: That's not high.
Good news: That's high enough for the only real job in the Marine Corps: 0311.
Good luck, buddy!
>>
>>32693444

Depends on where those fingers want to go.
>>
Hey there OP. I think I may have come into the Marine Corps under the same contract as you. DD right?
So here's the deal-
I thought I was going to be a linguist based on my contract. I believed it was either linguist or 2631, analyst.
Let me tell you, I am so god damned glad that I didn't end up as a linguist.

1. If you are concerned about the ASVAB, I Don't think linguist is for you. You will also need to take the DLAB before you can get an Intel contract.

2. I say I am glad that I didn't end up as a linguist because it's a crapshoot. If you do well enough on the DLAB to be admitted to DLI, You will spend a year desperately trying to learn a foreign language, just to fail, be sent to a different school, and have wasted a year of your life. I work with 11 people with this exact story.

3. There are so many better SIGINT MOSs. I'm a 2621, and it's great. I can answer any questions you have.

All that being said, and no offense, you don't seem to have a solid grasp of what you're getting into. You're unfamiliar with what a security clearance even is, and don't seem to understand the process before you regarding the MOS you believe you're in. Successful Intel-types are information getters.

But it's K. I'll help. Please ask me questions.
>>
>>32694736
I meant 0231, not 2631
>>
>>32693556
A top secret security clearance is the clearance required for the MOSs you are looking at. It is the government investigating your past and determining that you are trustworthy enough to have access to our most sensitive secret information.
>>
Hey, what do you know, I was a contract 26xx. I got a 121 on the DLAB, and they sent me off to learn chinese. Sounded cool at first, but fuck that school. I was only there for 7months, but it still sucks. The only regret I have is that I absolutely loved the Marines there with me.
But myself and another marine got reclassed to 1371s and it's not too bad, except for the ones fresh out of mct.
>>
>>32694727
Oh boy, would you happen to know the easiest and cheapest way to check your prostate?
Moral of the story you're getting a bratwurst of a finger up your asshole.
>>
>>32694736
Not that anon, but I was thinking of applying to become a linguist since I can probably breeze through the ASVAB and have years of French courses that should make the DLAB easy, but not if they're going to try to cram Arabic down my throat.
What other MOSes would be worth looking into?
>>
>>32695376
Lol.

No he's not. Doc looks at your asshole and tells you to pull your pants back up. No one sticks anything in you at meps.

That comes later.
>>
>>32695435
DLI doesn't care what language you have experience in. I've heard of native Russian speakers getting Korean, etc.

Intel is still a good gig, especially if you do like me and become a SIGINTer. Just, if you can, avoid a contract with linguist in it, OR, intentionally bomb the DLAB so they think you suck at languages and they can't send you to DLI.

As a 2621, I've had opportunities to work in tactical environments as well as upper, strategic-level civilian environments. This MOS is also a great gateway into recon/marsoc if that interests you.
>>
>>32695778
Thanks for the feedback. Kind of killing my dreams here though - I had intended to shoot for some kind of intelligence non-combat role, maybe something that'd get me sent to Yurop or Africa at the worst. I'd really rather not play translator for Hamid and end up a last-minute conscript for makeshift EOD
>>
>>32695835
The only DLI dropouts I know are still 26XX, so if you want to try for being a li ghost, go for it. Worst case scenario you end up as a 2621/2631.

Actually, the worst case is 2651. Autistic Top Secret tech support. Those are uncommon though.
>>
>>32695835
Also, linguists are not terps (interpreters). You will not be translating 1-on-1 with locals in most cases, especially if you get a language for a country we're not invading.

You will be translating intercepted and captured intelligence material. That's as specific as I can be.
>>
>>32693418
>wanting a specific mos
>marines

Nigga dont be retarded. Marines are the smallest branch which means fewer slots which are more competitive. If you want a better chance at Intel then go Army.
>>
>>32696126
No.
If you want "intel" in general, Marines is fine. If you want to specifically be a Eastern Cantonese Linguist, you'll have to go army for that "garauntee"
>>
>>32693418
These threads make me want to re-enlist the Army.. Tell me not to go back to the recruiters! tell meee!!!
>>32693418
Former intel analyst here, AMA
>>
>>32693418
Yeah you get a free meal and there will be girls from the Airforce at Meps hotel. They want Marine DEP cock.

Oh, and stop being a little bitch and making me hold your hand.

t. Former 0311
>>
>>32696082
>>32696102
Okay, good to hear. I know they're not just going to stick me in a combat role out of nowhere (and I'm not dumb enough to sign a contract without reading it) but I was worried about the demand for interpreter roles.
I'll look into a 261/2631 too, as well as MOSes in different branches.
>>
>>32693418

Be freshly clean shaven.

>be me
>4am car ride to MEPs with recruiter
>sun comes up
>he pulls into walgreens unexpectedly
>wtf we running late
>gives me a shitty electric razor to shave with

I didn't think it mattered being on a base as a civilian doing physical testing, I haven't signed anything and my appearance didn't matter.

Anyway, I ended up not joining partly because of that experience.

Oh and i don't want to serve ZOG.

Join if you're ok with being a puppet of the Zionists.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.