[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger Redhawk 8-shot .357

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

So I'm diving into the new issue of Firearms News and one of their featured articles involves a new Ruger Redhawk 8-shot .357 wheelgun. What do we know about it so far?

What I know for sure is...
>It has both double and single actions
>capacity of 8
>2.75" barrel, 8.25" overall weighing 2.76lbs
>Altamont Hardwood Round Butt
>Adjustable sights
>MSRP is close to $1.1k
>>
Seems kinda pricey for a snubnose desu, even if you get 2-3 more shots than the competition.
>>
>>32692679
From what I read in the article I would tend to agree for one major reason: it isn't recommended for CC but says it could be managed with a shoulder rig. The article instead suggests it would make a "formidable nightstand gun" with the "understanding" you'd go deaf firing it in an enclosed space like a bedroom.
>>
>>32692649
At first I thought that was an infant holding that magazine, but then I realized it's just a really, really fat man with the proportions of an infant sitting on the toilet.
>>
>>32692750
shut up and take my money
>>
File: 1484466549725.png (18KB, 132x196px) Image search: [Google]
1484466549725.png
18KB, 132x196px
>snubnose .357 on a large frame

What's the point? That would be huge as fuck to try and conceal, out of that short barrel the .357 wouldn't be all that much better than .38, and if you want something to take with you as a hunting or wilderness backup you'd be better suited with a .44 Magnum. Plus if you wanted to go full retard and CC a giant revolver, you might as well go all the way and get one with a long barrel for better ballistics/range toy use.
>>
>>32692761
Kek; I do look a bit like that don't I? I can't wait to get out of hibernation come spring and shed this off.
>>
>>32692803
This. A snub SP101 is far superior to this thing. Now with a three or four inch barrel would be interesting
>>
>check ruger's site to see if they have this in 6 or 6.5 inch
>only have the pigdisgusting sbubnode

I was ready to give them my money too.
>>
File: Manlets.jpg (545KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Manlets.jpg
545KB, 1600x1067px
>>32692649
Holy shit how small are you? Magazines are only 9" tall, you must be like 4 foot? Or less even holy shit.
>>
File: IMG_20170118_140402.jpg (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_140402.jpg
218KB, 1280x720px
>>32692877
6ft. I had the camera set a good bit lower than me to take that picture so I wound up looking pretty short. This magazine is also 10 inches across, 12 tall.
>>
>>32692803
>Large frame snubby
>.357
>Why

Nigga do you even Fitz Special?

>Not much better than a .38
I am fucking tired of this meme. A full power .357 out of a snub barrel has as much power as a 9mm out of a service length barrel and beats the dogshit out of a .38 snub.
>>
>>32692803
what is the ruger alaskan
>>
>>32692915
>A full power .357 out of a snub barrel has as much power as a 9mm out of a service length barrel and beats the dogshit out of a .38 snub.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/38special.html
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

When comparing 9mm and .357 out of a two inch barrel, the 9mm is superior. At three inches, the .357 pulls slightly ahead. At four, it starts to noticeable beat 9mm, but out of a two inch barrel .357 is not comparable to a full sized 9mm with a 4 or 5 inch barrel. Based on the .38 Special data, a two inch .357 looks about on par with a 4 inch .38 Special.
>>
>>32693008
A large frame, snubnosed revolver chambered in .44 Magnum or bigger, which could actually be useful outdoors.
>>
>>32693082
You do understand that they test using barrels with integral chambers, yes? The rifled length of such a barrel in .357 magnum would be about .4 inches in comparison to the 9mm's .8.

The Redhawk's barrel length in question is 2.75 inches, which is close enough to 3 to declare it a wash. Finally, given the several watered down loads that now are abound for the .357, I must stress that I said full power. Underwood, double tap, buffalo bore, etc. If you look at velocity tests in youtube for .357 snubbies you get energies around the 400 ft/lbs range, which is a service 9mm.
>>
>>32692649

why cant they just release a threaded barrel LCR or something
>>
>>32692649
dylan get off 4chan
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.