[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Oakridge-Gun-Range-02.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oakridge-Gun-Range-02.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
Can you tell me about your local ranges, Anon? I'm interested in things like how much you pay for membership at your range, rental rates, any stories you have about your range, etc.

I have a few in my area I'm thinking of joining but the pricing, etc. seems really different for each of them as well as what they offer. One range has a bare-bones membership for $30 a year and a full membership at about $250 a year but has poor reviews. Another range more accessible to me has their membership start at $400 a year and seems to offer a bit more but has no reviews. Most of the ranges near me have no online reviews( blue-collar/redneck area ) so I'm hoping hearing other anons talk about their ranges will help me figure out what to look for.

Image semi-related: it is part of a gun range but not local to where I am.
>>
I'm a new shooter and have gone to a local range and one of the big reasons I had so much fun was the range officers had to be some of the nicest guys around. They were perfect at their job. they taught, they accommodated for me and my friend being complete rookie shooters, and they were serious when they had to be.

look for good personnel at the range and that will help a lot.
>>
The closest range to me
>Anywhere from $500 to $1000 a year for membership
>Different levels grant different perks (free rentals, discount on ammo, guests, free transfers, preferential range treatment)
>40 yrd indoor range that can take anything I can shoot
>Offers rentals
>Has super ritzy feel, like I wouldn't be surprised to find someone who will wipe your ass in the bathroom for you

Second closest to me
>$350-500 a year for membership (preferential range treatment, guests allowed)
>Has a very large range of rentals
>Very large and not overpriced gun store attached (I actually shop the store itself all the time)
>25 yrd range that allows .308 at max
>Range officers are a little on edge since some guy managed to hero themself about a year ago

Third option (the one I use)
>Membership or guests only
>$50/year +$50 first year initiation fee
>$50/year guest pass
>Membership can take awhile to officially process but you get a temp card immediately
>Must supply own guns/ammo/targets (no shop attached)
>RO's are all volunteers and not always present
>Member maintained (so at times is run down)
>Longest range is 100yrds outdoor (only thing not allowed is 50bmg)
>Has events that close down the range every other weekend during the summer
>Has a thing against 1895 Lee Navy rifles
>>
damn high prices...I paid $15 USD for a lifetime membership and $15 per visit with one free target and unlimited time on the line. Pistol, rifle and shotgun/skeet ranges all in one place for one payment of 15
>>
>>32692734
>>32692029
This is from a range in Green Bay, Wi. about 45 minutes away from where I am. Their facebook page has good reviews but I'm skeptical because I'm not sure if companies can eliminate bad reviews from their facebook pages. Two bad reviews are hosted on the Yellow Pages as well.

I also have...
>>
>Range memberships
Here's an idea: show up, pay the range fee, buy targets, and use the range. If you like it, then consider buying a membership.
>>
>>32692785
I also have the other place I mentioned earlier with a $400 a year membership. This place seems to offer a bit more ( glock of the month, machine gun rental, they teach CC classes/can get you permits for Florida and Minnesota as well as Wisconsin, etc. )
>>
>>32691724

I just go to my back porch to shoot. No fees or memberships. No need to put all my scary guns in cases, sneak them to the car. Hell, clothes are even optional now....you ever shoot a rifle naked with a hard on? Its what freedom feels like.
>>
>>32692029
What's the issue with 1805 Lee rifles?
>>
>>32693154
Some guy killed himself with one and not in a hero way.
He handloaded some ammo with a recipe he must have found for 6mm Lee Navy. The issue is he used converted .220 swift cases and the recipe must have called for original brass which has much greater case capacity then the converted brass, which he must failed to take into consideration.
I once found a witness report which reported 2 empty cases with blown primers. Can't seem to find the report quickly right now but found this:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119731
>>
>>32691724
range closest to me
no membership fee
$15 per hour for a lane
up to 4 people per lane
I don't know their weapon rental fee because I haven't rented weapons
>>
There is an outdoor range about 10 minutes from my house. It's only 100 yards, but It's pretty nice and its completely free. You just have to pick up your targets and shit before you leave. It's called candy branch rifle range
>>
I don't know about "Ranges", but maybe you mean "Gun Clubs" which are all there are in the rural area where i live.

$75 a year. I go in early evening on any given weekday and there is not a single other person there. No range officers or anything like that.

There are at least four pistol/shotgun/rifle ranges that you can drag a shitty table around to setup for 10-50yds, or just shoot steel with the stands they have.

Then there are 50, 75, and 100-200 yd. rifle ranges plus trap range.

I never go on weekends because it fills up with 3-gun, cowboy shoots etc. Joining a new club this year which has a clubhouse culture with beer, food etc. which might be fun. We'll see.
>>
>>32693884
Forgot one important thing. . .

Membership rules have all the standard safety protocols and shit for handling and ceasefires etc. However, when there is no one else around for a mile, you can be damn sure I'm practicing my holstered draw.
>>
>>32691724
Just one local range. $4 for entry, only goes out to 100 yards, and no rapid firing. Kind of shitty but the people ive seen there and the huge amount of holes in the berms make me appreciate the safety rules.
>>
>>32691724
Is that EOSS?
>>
>>32696846
I'm a retard, filename says Oakridge
>>
>>32691724
Ohio DNR operated range, Spring Valley, $25 for a year. No rapid fire, longest range goes to 100yard, no centerfire rifle on 25yard, 15/25 yards in shared pistol/rimfire range, there are only 4 15 yard lanes for pistols. Regular staff there are nice and helpful, on slow days they'll test handloads, they have a single press set up in the office. Some of the regulars are interesting folks, old fellow named Dan has some crazy stories fucking with Marines when he was given beachmaster duties.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.