[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demon Invasion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

I've seen many threads on different types of SHTF types, but one I haven't seen is a demon invasion.

>Scenario.
>CERN fucks up, and opens a portal.
>Doom style demons pour through.
How do we fight them?
>hard mode.
>No Doomguy.
>>
We would shoot them until they die.

See also: The Salvation Wars.
>>
>>32681738
Demons already are mucking around on earth right now. Study up on your theology, m80.
>>
It's always CERN
>>
>>32681754
>The Salvation Wars.
This. Demons invade, get shot to shit. Soldiers who die and go to hell start a resistance movement down there.
>>
>>32681862
Metal as fuck
>>
File: 1484173163769.png (633KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1484173163769.png
633KB, 666x666px
>>32681754
This

Salvation wars minus the author's christfag autism is pretty fucking metal. Moderately believable too, since even at a WWII tech level we'd have gotten our shit wrecked like for the first 59,950 years of homo sapiens sapiens.

I want to see an alien movie set up on the same concept but with % speed of light travel and stasis where the ayys see earth in the bronze age and think it will take us until 3000ad to get to our current tech level, but instead we split the atom in '45 and have power armor, rail guns, laser ADS, moon and Mars colonies, etc.

So when they drop in around 2070 we go full imperial guard on the Tau fukkin shits
>>
>>32683248
Oooooooh, I'll be right back I think I know a couple books up your alley.
>>
File: 1470082752143.jpg (167KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
1470082752143.jpg
167KB, 500x713px
>>32681754
I literally just started reading this earlier this week.

Crazy how that happens.
>>
>>32683248
>>32683313
Harry Turtledoves Worldwar series.
>In Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series, aliens who did their initial recon of Earth in the Middle Ages arrive during World War II, expecting humans to still be at medieval tech levels and prepared accordingly.
>>
>>32683248
Also another short story by him.

>A variation occurs in Harry Turtledove's short story "The Road Not Taken" where, due to chance, humanity never stumbled on the ability to control gravity and travel faster than light that practically every other alien civilization has. Unfortunately, for the aliens, it's so easy to stumble on to this technology that they do it early in their histories and don't make much progress in other areas of science and technology. The invaders arrive on Earth and try to conquer the world with Napoleonic tactics and flintlock firearms. In the 21st century. It's a brief invasion.
>>
Nothing bullets cannot cure.
>>
File: Economist_shoots_aliens.png (118KB, 1020x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Economist_shoots_aliens.png
118KB, 1020x1138px
>>32683638
>>32683653

.....Adding to my list of books I need to hunt down.

Also you might be able to remind me of what this book is based off a terrible synopsis from my memory:

Basics are space combat is still in it's infancy, the first space torpedo is literally fired in the prologue of the book iirc, there's a giant space hab that's more or less Britainia in space full on monarchy and whatnot. Aliens have made contact left a few messages to meet at X location to come visit our side of the galaxy, a few of the political powers decides to go on this venture. Turns into the usual infighting once they reach the other planet.

Then the entire space britainia hab shows up because they grafted an alien hyperdrive (the aliens also seeded wrecks of their own ships in human space to help uplift them, see which superpowers could figure out their tech) to the superstructure of the hab, but radiation is fucking up the structure so they cut it off and fire the whole damn thing into a nearby sun.

one of the major plot bits is the prince of space britainia is onboard the main proteg's ship, they graft torpedos onto the main story ship without telling the captain, also there's zero g space combat that is basically submarine warfare at relativistic speeds, and they depressurize the ship to prevent explosive decompression if one of the space torps hits the ship.
Sound like anything you've read?

Here's an unrelated HFY for your time.
>>
Will there be only one portal at CERN? Why not have them pop up here and there quite often? To such an extent that the general public would need firearms to keep themselves safe.

>in highschool
>That girl you've had a crush on for weeks has done something to her AR
>Everything pink and red and showered with stickers and paint, but she also has a IR laser on there
>She blows of the german exchange student with the G36, but smiles while she answers your question about it
>She always has NVGs with her, right in her school bag, which has 2 reloads on each side
>others just carry a chestrig, but she is a bit different
>Also has electronic earpro around her neck, not inserts. Gives off a weird DJane vibe, but the rest doesn't
>Cantina is now almost empty, but you leave together and get surprised by a portal outside
>You both drill the same demon in the head at almost the same instant, then others come and as a group, you finish the rest off
>Everyone starts clearing adjacent rooms, she follows you and flawlessly keeps your back safe
>A quick round of talking shop, then everyone gets back to what they were doing
pic related

Can this please become a show?
>>
>>32683788
No idea, you can try tvtropes to look for that though.
>>
>>32684000
I'll try again...maybe technology uplift will be the right category.
>>
File: 1484176962265.png (2MB, 956x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484176962265.png
2MB, 956x1200px
>>32681738
We absolutely fucking eradicate them from the planet or they slaughter us within weeks.

There is no middle ground. Either our weapons are very effective at putting holes in demon flesh and despite being rather nasty and strong they need said holes not to be in their biology. Or they naturally have skin that resists our weapons, they have decentralized organs and nerve systems that allows them to shrug off anything short of a decapitation or they have guns themselves and a fuck load more bodies to throw at the problem.
>>
>>32681738
dealing with a theological threat must be done in a traditional manner:
circle-strafe and pray
>>
File: de.jpg (14KB, 585x351px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
14KB, 585x351px
ready for WW6
>>
>>32681738
We would need a cheap handgun that could be mass produced by the hundreds of million. Not a Hi-point because they're overbuilt. Maybe a Mak designed to handle low pressure 9x19mm
>>
>>32683530
Good album
>>
File: We_are_coming_for_you.png (122KB, 1280x1397px) Image search: [Google]
We_are_coming_for_you.png
122KB, 1280x1397px
>>32684000
No dice after hours on tvtropes... gonna go ask /lit/.
>>
>>32686972
this is ancient-tattered-sci-fi-paperback-that's-tattered-for-a-reason tier
thank you
>>
>>32683248

Something similar happened in the Doom novels that came out in the 90s.

Aliens saw us back int he middle ages and thought we'd all be scared by demons and stuff, so they created demons and shit and set them upon us, not realizing that in 500 years we went from being scared by demons and religion, to being a space-faring race.

Later books introduced another race with the same issue, but they evolve at a super fast rate, so they go from hunter-gatherers to space-faring in a century or so.

Those books were actually pretty good, but got fucking weird.
>>
>>32686972
Who knows if you're still here or not but I'm the anon from before. I think I remember reading something about that on this tvtropes section on alternate history books.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AlternateHistory/Literature
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.