[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock Build Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: omglock.jpg (71KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
omglock.jpg
71KB, 450x337px
I'm wondering if /k/ has built a Glock from an 80% lower before. I'm very interested in pic related and marrying it to a 3rd gen 19 upper.
>>
>>32681013
Friend of mine is doing the same. I may do one once I'm done making my ar.
>>
>>32681013
>Glock Build Thread
mine came fully assembled
>>
Bump for interest
>>
Posting in IED thread.
In all seriousness though I am partway through the spectre build using a drill press and hand filing. Still have to cut the back rail slots.
>>
>>32681013
>Glock from an 80% lower
that's a ton of work, which will result in an inferior pistol, which requires a custom made holster, so you're either a felon or tinfoil tier paranoid.
>>
>>32681148
Would you agree with the advertising that it's easier than an AR 80%?

>>32681208
It's supposedly not that much work. I'm not a felon, not paranoid. Just a tinkerer.

In what way is it inferior? Srs. I'm thinking about doing this. Just wonder what the drawbacks are.
>>
>>32681217
>In what way is it inferior? Srs. I'm thinking about doing this. Just wonder what the drawbacks are.
cost and durability.
in a glock brand glock the metal locking block and rails are molded into the frame they are never coming out. thens theres the whole cost thing where a used glock is cheaper than a partskit.
>>
>>32681217
not paranoid either, just a californian and that's why i want to build an 80% G17. i wont be 21 for another couple months, so to get a handgun in CA legally i would need my father to purchase one, then do a paternal transfer. there are so many fees associated with the transfer it's easier and cheaper to build from an 80
>>
>>32681208
>tinfoil tier paranoid

because california gunpocalypse never happened right?
>>
>>32681388
>not 21 for a couple months
>so going to build a meme one in the memetime
>that I can't buy ammo for
>>
>>32681464
move. stop giving tax dollars to people that hate you
>>
>>32681486
>move
...or just build this. Sheesh. It's an option.

>>32681324
OK, but it's not like it's going to misfire or kill me, right? And I can buy a used slide too.
>>
>>32681476
ammo law doesn't take effect until next year, and hopefully ill only have to deal with that shit for a couple months until i move. i dont mind doing 80% builds, all of my ARs were 80s.
>>
>>32681503
Please stay. Faggots like you that move out of commiefornia ruined Oregon, Washington, and ruining Nevada as we speak.
>>
>>32681530
>Faggots like you that move out of commiefornia ruined Oregon, Washington, and ruining Nevada as we speak.
>implying I'm one of them
>>
>>32681525
I wouldn't be sure that the ammo law will ever take effect. It's so unworkable. A court might stop it. We'll see.
>>
>>32681525
you also can only have shit 10 rd magazines unless you take a vacation to a neighboring, non communist state.
>>
>>32681013
This will cost a fuck ton more than a new glock.
>>
>>32681530
Yes famalam, I vote democrat exclusively, drive a prius, shop only at wholefoods and read the huffpost.
>>
>>32681656
>unless you take a vacation to a neighboring, non communist state.
nah man, you have to destroy them. not worth the trouble not complying
>>
>>32681503
>...or just build this. Sheesh. It's an option.
pls continue being a cuck, feeding large portions of your paycheck into a state government run by Marxists, and jumping through weird hoops that still leave you with a shit gun
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2324px
just buy one
>>
>>32681486
How anout you keep shoveling snow and i go to the beach and watch girls
>>
>>32681996
>shoveling snow
>in Phoenix
nah, I'm just going to enjoy CCW'n anything I want while not paying the highest income tax rate in the nation to a state run by stoned Marxist hippies
>>
Can we get back on topic instead of throwing an autist fit
>>
i would love to get 3d printed into the shape of a penis. theres no grip like that of a young mans hand around a thick black cock. the only thing i love to have in my hand more than a glock is a fat dick. this also opens up some good deep carry options. just like the glock motto says: no asshole is loose if the cock in it is big enough
>>
>>32681864
Go in to ARG and tell them this.
>>32681692
About the same
>>
B-but you can't sell or transfer an 80% after its completed! You have to destroy it so what's the point?
Y-you still need a serial on it when you're done so what's the point?
>>
>>32682338
I pay $300 of taxes on my $700,000 house every year. So, we pay more in income tax.

Whatever.

ITT: fags who are too feminized to know how to use tools.

Let's talk about building glocks.

I've read locktite on the screws keeps the loosening up issue in check.
>>
>>32686461
I've heard the same I wouldn't see why the loc tight wouldn't work.
Does anyone know where to get cheap glock parts?
>>
>>32686461
You're a cuck, friend. Just accept it.
>>
>>32681013
You want to put a glock 19 slide on a glock 17 frame? Why not just wait for the glock 19 80% that's coming out in a month?
>>
>>32681692
this. I was just pricing out a build myself and a genuine upper kit costs almost as much as a new G17 alone, with the p80 lower and a parts kit you're looking at like 150-175% the cost for the novelty of getting to give it your own serial number.

I'm all for DIY and using my hobbies as an excuse to learn new tools or skills but for that price I'd rather just get a better gun in the first place.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.