[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun store owner/worker anons what horror stories do you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 38

File: 20170115_114958.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_114958.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Gun store owner/worker anons what horror stories do you have about your most ill-informed, un-informed, neglegent, or downright irresponsible customers?
>>
>>32679233
Not in the industry currently but that's fine. People can burn you out. I think the most frustrating was at a show last year with a Vietnam vet who had some transgender issues. He was out of his mind, arguments none stop, even when I was avoiding them. I just wanted him gone and if I didn't have another person at the table to turn the sale, I would have ended up loosing my cool.
>>
>customer comes up to optics counter
>what are looking for today sir?
>"well I have a SCAR 17 with an ACOG on it and I kind of wanted to push it further so I figured I'd need a more powerful optic."
>not bad.jpg
>show him nightforces, trijicons, vortex, and leupolds
>guy is seeming to get more annoyed every time I show him something
>finally points to the Bushnell case
>"Let me see that $150 one"
>looks it over and I remark something about wanting to get a .22 scope as well
>"No this is for my SCAR. I'll take it."
>explain to customer that this is like putting the cheapest tires at Wal-Mart on a corvette
>"This is what I budgeted for a scope. Can you guys mount it?"
>tell him no so he leaves

Why /k/?
>>
File: Binge Vodka.png (448KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Binge Vodka.png
448KB, 768x768px
Haven't told this one in a while but:

>Be 20
>Get nugget as first gun because poor college kid
>Visiting home for summer
>See a Gander Mt and stop to look for 54r
>Walk in, go to counter
>Ask lady if they are carrying 7.62x54r
>"Have what?"
>7.62x54r?
>"Wtf. You're the third guy this week asking for that weird sniper ammo."
>He was kinda dressed like you too.
>I'm wearing jeans and a polo shirt
>Wat
>"You stay put, sir. I'm getting the manager. Something's not right here."
>She points to other girl behind counter
>Make sure HE doesn't leave."
>She storms off
>Wat
>Old fudd with a cart full of fishing supplies laughs and says "Just run boy, she's got something loose in her skull."
>I 360 and moonwalk out
>Other employee doesn't even bother t stop me, shes just standing with her hands out in a half-shrug like "What the fuck is her problem ?"
>Gander Mountain will never have my business again.
>>
>guy comes in
>he's skinny as a fucking twig and his skin is the color of paper
>he's wearing a leather jacket, ripped jeans, and a pair of blue tinted sunglasses
>has shaggy, greasy black hair
>moves the sunglasses to the top of his head and looks around
>I look up from what I'm working on and greet him
>he ignores me and starts walking around, kinda like he's in a hurry
>figure he'll grab something then get out in a minute
>go back to what I was doing
>he's suddenly standing in front of the counter looking at me
>I look up and crack a joke about how he snuck up on me and I didn't even hear him walk over
>"heh, I didn't walk.... I'm a teleporter, you know."
>okaayy
>he asks if we carry any swords, or other melee weapons
>I ask what he's looking for a sword for
>I would soon regret asking this
>he says he is caught in the middle of a war of the supernatural and is going all over town looking for anyone with a blade fit for combating undead spirits
>I tell him we don't have anything of the sort
>but I let him know that the shop a few streets over might have what he's looking for
>he thanks me in a very old fashioned and polite way then leaves
>I call up a guy I know who works at the store I sent the freak to and ask if they got their shipment of enchanted swords yet
>he laughs and asks what I'm talking about
>"you'll know in a few minutes, I just sent a guy over to your store"
>I hang up
>>
>>32680498
Kek

I hope this thread is still going when i get back from work
>>
>>32680655
Bullshit. There's no way this actually happened.
>>
>>32680763
obviously, nobody can teleport
>>
>>32680655
>he's skinny as a fucking twig and his skin is the color of paper

Fugg :DD
>>
>>32680655
that's fucking amazing
>>
File: IMG_5619.jpg (28KB, 300x300px)
IMG_5619.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>In LGS/ surplus store shooting the shit with guys behind the counter and customers
>It's Friday, it's a small, cozy store, and everybody there minus the one worker is current-or-ex-Mil, so stories and IRL shitposting abound
>Two guys wander in, one asks to look at a gun, then buys two boxes of Tannerite
>The other is some sort of autist and stands there spouting fuddlore and shittalking the military, oblivious to the uncomfortable glares and silence
>His buddy eventually tells him to shut the fuck up, hands him the cases to carry and they head for the door
>As he steps out the door, loudly exclaims "SEE YA GUYS, WE'RE GONNA GO BLOW UP SOME NIGGERS, HAHA :D "
>Everybody's face when
>>
File: 1475443309604.jpg (23KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
1475443309604.jpg
23KB, 480x354px
Oh I do love a trip to the gun counter.

So not the worst story, but I've posted it before and anyone near Chicago will probably understand.

>Going to GAT guns with my buddy, who was thinking of getting an AR
>new guns are behind counter for the most part, used guns are in the open with chains and chamber flags
>talking with guy at counter, spouting shit about how foreign guns are all garbage
>start to get kinda tired of it and turn around
>see polish family come in, 3 or 4 little kids
>immediately concerned
>parents go to counter looking for carry guns
>children immediately have autistic shit fit over used bolt guns
>immediately start pointing at each other and other customers yelling 'bang'
>everyone clearly annoyed, no employees doing anything
>possibly dont want to fuck up a sale
>after 10ish minutes and passive aggressive comments from others, family storms out of shop
>never bought anything
>never got to smack the shit out of them
>>
>>32680989
>/k/ and /pol/ go to a gunstore together

Seems right. /k/ pissed at /pol/ for being a fucking autist, /pol/ completely obvious.
>>
>>32680498
Had a similar experience once.

>shopped at the local hunting store at the time because I didn't know any better (great gun store not even a half-mile away from that shitheap)
>shit customer service, shit merchandise
>they just went out of business, pretty happy about that
>anyway come in one time to buy ammo for K31
>have to buy ammo from the common cashiers and not the gun guys, god knows why
>cashier is some kind of washed up scene girl with black and pink hair who looks like a deer in headlights
>oh boy
>"scuse me do you have any 7.5x55 Swiss?"
>blank looks
>"it can also be called GP11"
>solid 15 seconds before she starts realizing something's happening in her general vicinity and calls somebody else to find it
>takes them I shit you not 10 minutes to look around
>"I don't know what it is"
>turn 360 degrees and moonwalk out
>>
>>32681320
are polish people bad out there? the polish people I've met have always been very polite and respectful
>>
>stop at local pawn / gun store to look for deals and kill some time.
> shoot the shit with clerk and ask what guns have been sitting a while and need to move. nothing interesting so tell him Im going to look around a bit.
> Kenan and kel looking hoods in their late 20's roll in. Start talking to the clerk about a car gun to protect themselves. Kenan makes hood noises and says "let me see that chopper". Cleck pulls a mini draco off the wall off the wall and turns sales man mode up a notch. Kel repeats ya at random intervals throughout. Kenan says "is this one of them machine guns man?" Salesman enters 1968 law explanation but is interrupted by Kenan making machine gun noises and imitating hip firing the entire counter.
>Laugher repression systems can barely contain the pressure.
> Head for the door as i thank the clerk for his time as a my grin grows exponentially. The clerk returns a state of numbness and frustration as he waves to me.
> laugh in my truck for a good 5 minutes before I leave.
>>
>>32680780
Underrated post
>>
>>32682690
I work at a pawn shop that carries guns, and worked at an FFL where I did weekend shows for a living, and trust me, if you can't contain your laughter, you can't make it in this business.
I'm not saying all employees who handle guns are knowledgeable, don't get me wrong, but for those of us who are, who see these dumbass thugs walk up, pick up a Mossberg 500 PGO and yell "Yaw chek out muh desurt eaagle." It makes you want to simultaneously weep and laugh.
>>
>go to Dicks
>want to buy Mossberg 500
>wait for backround check
>it gets delayed
>ok
>get a call 4 days later it came back (dicks doesnt allow the "3 days and youre clear" thing)
>go back to store
>talking with employee while he finishes checking me out
>"oh yeah the system got fucked up, everyone who bought a gun the last 4 days got delayed because we somehow made the system unable to receive Proceeds from the FBI"
>it took them 3 fucking days to realize everyone who bought a gun was getting delayed with 0 Proceeds
Fuck you Dicks, youre a shit store
>>
>>32679867
He was lying, he didn't know what a good scope was, nor did he own a SCAR 17. He plays Call of Duty and thinks that's the only good gun since MW2
>>
>>32682841
They're as fudd as it gets, but that's what you get for going to a store that would rather sell you shoes and clothing, you fucking retard.
>>
>>32679426
>Vietnam vet who had some transgender issues

post boipussy
>>
>>32682877
This was in upstate NY, the only other option is the one gun store 45 minutes away that has even less options
>>
>>32682907
no gander mountain in NY?
>>
>>32682928
Also like 45+ minutes away because its a shit state
>>
Out with the girl friend hitting up my favorite restaurant about a hour away.
>GF introduces me to Daiquiri express at 1 in the afternoon. I discover the magical drive through. Get some texas tea concoction and settle in for the ride back.
> an hour later getting back into town and remember we are on the same side of town as the shop mentioned in the last story. Command woman to drive there. About a mile before the shop some other pawn shop has a big GUNS sign out front. Let woman to turn in at this place.
> Walk into the shop and after searching a bit find the tiny gun section in a corner. Handguns are all at least $100 over retail, see a highpoint tagged at $300. I switch to the dozen long guns they have behind lock and key.
> all bolt guns in wood stock except one AK pattern rifle. The tag reads $1500. Curiosity intensifies. Mexican chick walks up and ask if I need help. Sure can I see that AK pattern rifle off the rack. SIR I need identification before I can hand anyone a gun. Pull out wallet and slap down my CHL. Girl picks it up and becomes instantly confused. Sir what is this? It is a stat issued handgun licence...
>Sir do you have a driver's licence... BAKA sure,hand her my DL and then get my ID's back. She goes and fetches the keys.
>Ok sir with one did you want to see? The AK pattern rifle (literally the only one). We proceed to play three rounds of This one? No to the right. This one? ......
>Finally figures out what i'm talking about. Hands me an AK with mismatched furniture, a clearly home made heat shield over the piston and more dings than all the cars in a high school parking lot put together. I stirt to look it over, searching for anything that would justify the $1500 price tag. I flip it around and that's when I see it. Under the scrape across the serial number and model "WASR-10" I hand back the rifle but cannot contain myself. Some trace of the texas tea is still with me, I cannot contain my laughter.
>>
>>32682935
i'd rather go 45 minutes to someone who knows what they're doing and can get me a gun when I ask for it.
>>
>>32681339
>board names are one person meme.
>>
>>32682944
pt 2
> Ask the girl if she really thinks that someone will pay $1500 for a beat up WASR. Clerk engages dagger eyes. Walk out of the store laughing. Girlfriend doesnt get the joke but is a good spot about it.
> get home later on and GF is talking to her mom. I get asked what was so funny and simply state "beat to hell WASR ten with a $1500 price tag. Hear GF's dad's laughter come through the phone.
>>
>>32682987
You are your gf dad sound cool anon
Fucking and more then 600 is robbery for an ak specially a best to shit wasr
>>
>>32683054
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>32680989
Not exactly an LGS story, but something similar did happen to me at work.
>working part time at a grocery store while in uni
>everyone in my department except me is former military
>one other guy goes to the same college as me
>new kid gets hired, he's autistic as fuck
>literally said on his first day that he was going to run the company
>going to some no name college for a business degree
>one day we're all on the back dock shooting the shit
>kid asks me what I want to do after graduation
>tell him I've been considering the navy
>says "Oh...well, good for you" in the most condescending tone of voice
>starts laughing, oblivious to the dead stares all around
>kid quit three weeks later because the job was too stressful for him
>>
>>32683054
> You are your gf dad
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32679426
Are you a trany or something?
>>
File: mfw.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1MB, 209x180px
>>32682970
>mfw I live in rural pennsylvania and my town of <5000 people has 4 gun stores in it
>>
In before customer that came in with a sword.
>>
>>32683277
You can only reply to my post if you can spell and are 18.
>>
>>32682841
>Fuck you Dicks, youre a shit store
Worked there over Christmas a few years ago. Can confirm. Fun fact: nowhere in their employee procedures do they ever require any workers in a retail store to verify a weapon is clear and safe.
>>
>Have P-64
>Need some ammo for it
>Go to store and approach counter
>lady sitting on her as in a chair looking at tags like shes working (she ain'y)
>ammo is pushed in a case that covers what the boxes say
>Ask her if any of it is 9x18 Makarov
>What
>I repeat
>"never heard of it"
>ask her to look
>she says "I've never heard of it"
>tell her to turn her fat ass around and look
>shes pissed but does it
>nope dont have it.
dumb bitch coudnt be bothered to fucking turn her body to look, glad I treated her like shit for it though
>>
>>32684547
Was this a big chain store?
>>
>go to visit brother in Virginia to shoot guns for the weekend
>I live in Jew York for work
>Go to a pawn store while driving around for the hell of it
>See that they have an indoor range and decide to buy a cheap box of ammo and have some fun
>While waiting for our lane to clear black guy with his lady yells "Hey lemme see dat gat right dur!"
>Cashier proceeds to pull out a silver Deagle 50AE from the counter case
>Black guy wont stop waiving it around and yelling about how amazing it is, muzzle sweeping the whole store
>Cashier says "you happier than a pig in shit"
>Brother and I crack up and black guy mean mugs us

Everyone in the store was looking at this coon like he was a mentally retarded child. How did he not understand how awkward he was being? Like zero self awareness.
>>
>>32684717
Was that superior pawn and gun on mercury Blvd? I've been there before and it's exactly like that. Just a local gang hangout filled with undesirables. Hopefully it burns down soon
>>
>>32684717
That's literally what Target World in Cincinnati is like. The last time I was in there, some nigger stole my targets and they never clean the guns they have for rent. I hate places like that.
>>
>>32684807
Yes. Fucking little shit hole. Hampton was pretty fun though. Brother is stationed at Langley, just hung out shot guns with some of his AF bros who all have gucci'd out AR's and expensive shit they enjoyed sharing so that was cool. Pretty good long weekend. That's funny that you knew that spot just by my story. You live there? Military?
>>
>>32679233
What are the basic qualifications I would need to even apply to a gun store?
>>
>>32684899
apply to a gun store for work*
>>
>>32684876
I'm in college in RVA right now, but lived there all through high school. will be military when I graduate. Parents work at Langley though. Tell your brother to look up fort Eustis. They have a 300 m (or something) outdoor range for military at the golf course there he can probably get in on. It's like 35 bucks for the whole year. Its really the only decent range around. Other than that CSA in Norfolk is ok, if not a bit pricey.

Anyone in the area knows about that place, and no one who has more than two dimes to rub together will go there. I'd take the marksman up the road even if the range is a bit grimy, at least I won't get shot getting in and out.
>>
>>32684580
yep, guess i shouldnt be surprised
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 285x177px
>>32684899
>>32684919
Same as any other shitty retail job plus (probably) a clean criminal record.
>>
>>32684919
ability to fill out an application
>>
>walk to local army navy surplus shop
>owner knows me
>walk inside
>immediately asks me if I "prefer fucking sheep or goats"
>I'm white
>>
>>32684943
noted. thank you sir. Also I went to the waffle house there. God damn, shit was tasty. Virginia was pretty based. $3 pint night at some bar and then there was another bar that was closing down next to it that had $3 for any drink you wanted. Was a fucking shit show. $3 for 12 year scotch or anything you wanted. Mental... I went ham down there. Was nice taking my yankee cash down there. So cheap in Virginia.
>>
>>32685097
Damn, that's cheap even for our standards. Good deal. Also that pawn shop was maybe 15 minutes away from like 4 strip joints if that helps you figure out hampton. Move to VA, leave the communism, embrace strip joints and cheap beer
>>
>*guns line 1*
>*picks up phone*
>gun counter
>hey yeah is "X" there
>no it's his day off
>do you know about Ay Ar 15
>yeah
>so I am out shooting and my buoys are off by 4" at 50 yards

Like, phonetic pronunciation of "BUIS"

>ok and
>ya the elevation, I am 4" low
>have you tried adjusting your front sight post elevation
>THERES NI WAY ITS GOING TO COVER 4" in 50 YARDS
>ok, have you tried adjusting your front sight elevation
>IT WONT COVER 4" in 50 yards
>do you know how to adjust your front sight elevation?
>IS THERE ANYONE ELSE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE

Yeah, you know what ok fuck you.

>Sure I am gonna put you on hold

Yeah "Y" get a load of this moron on the phone explain situation

>Gun counter this is y

Can't hear other end now

>So to adjust your elevation all you need to do is take the tip of a

>*ITS NOT*
>Y pulls phone away from his ear fucking dumb nigger is yelling so loud
>*TO COVER 4" In 50 YARDS
Y puts phone back to ear
>Yeah, no, sorry I don't have a riser for you to put your """buoys""" on

*click*
>>
Once a month guy comes in and tells me how his rifle "misfired" and there is a live round in the chamber, and proceeds to ask me if we will mail it to manufacturer for him.

>So you want me to put a loaded gun in a UPS box
>yea
>no

So I tell him to go to a gunsmith in area

Well this guy has now had a "live round" in his rifle that "misfired" since 2015
>>
>>32685119
Yeah I really want to leave NYC, but I have a good salary job here and so does my lady. combined we make just shy of $200k a year and we have stupid cheap rent because we live in Brooklyn and live in a house owned by her family friends. So we are saving to hopefully move to Nasvhille and buy a house. I have family there and gun laws are still good i believe. But honestly Hampton was cool as fuck. I can imagine it being amazing in the summer, with the beach etc.

It's crazy how cucked this city is though. I looked into how to get a pistol here and it was a nightmare of legal fees, application fees and so on. Crazy. wasnt worth it.
>>
Fat fuck comes in.

Wheezes at me, telling me he wants to see Swarovski 10x42 while dropping sweat on to counter

Hand him Swaro

Looks through them while wheezing

Hands them back

Eyelid sweat all over eye cups from exertion due to being fat

Pretty disgusting
>>
>>32685182
hahahahaha

jesus fucking wept
>>
Fudd comes in with box of Winchester Super X .300WM

>what's wrong with my ammo/gun

Proceeds to open box

Pulls out 7-8 casings all split from neck to rim

>Ya so I am 'chooten em in my Wetherrrbee
>Uh is your Weatherby a .300 WINCHESTER magnum or .300 WEATHERBY magnum
>What do you mean
>they are two different calibers
>I don't follow
>coworker goes and gets a box of .300Wby for comparison
>uhhh

How people this stupid make it to the age of 40 is beyond me
>>
He isn't allowed back in store after this one

Dipshit always talking about WROL/SHTF/TEOTWAKI etc., also clearly just a fucking moron.

>Ya u got any AR15 sights
>right now all I have is Magpul MBUS front sights
>oh ok, I'll take 2
>oh did you just finish some new builds
>no
>ok
>how do you adjust windage on these
>you don't, they are front sights, on most sights meant for an AR15 windage is on the rear
>well these will work for that right
>what do you mean
>I am going to use both for my sights
>uhh, they will perhaps give you a point of reference to use, but there is no aperture on the other FRONT sight, they will not work as intended
>how about you pull your head out of your ass you jackass

mfw this jackwagon calls me the jackass

>I think it's time for you to leave

He leaves
>>
>>32685191
Beach is comfy af. Especially with VB being so close. Only downside is it's like 90 percent humidity all the time. Jew York is painful tho, good luck on that Nashville move, it's a decent state was thinking about tennesee, Georgia, or new Hampshire to settle down eventually
>>
>>32685365
Thanks man! Good luck with the military. My brother fucking loves it.
>>
>>32679867
Because it's better to have a SCAR with chink glass than a 10/22 with german glass.
>>
>>32685289
That's fucking hilarious, I might have murdered that child, this is why I can't do retail not even gun retail.
>>
Girl comes in
Wants to try IWB holster
Can't figure out how to put it on
I show her
Out of SOB position comes Sig 938 pointed directly enough at my face that I can see down the barrel all the way to breech face to already tell it is clear
Ask for gun to clear it
It's clear as visually confirmed when it was pointed right fucking at me
She undoes her pants and makes a big show of putting on holster to show me her thong
6/10 would not bang -4 for no TD and sweeping my eyeballs minus 2 more for not keeping a round in the chamber
>>
File: booeys.png (5KB, 527x121px) Image search: [Google]
booeys.png
5KB, 527x121px
>>32685143
pic probably related, kek
>>
>>32685465
I asked him about that, actually.

I asked him if he had a fixed front sight post, and whether or not it was F marked. Left it out of greentext for brevity sake, but he continued to tell me how, in so many words, I was the fucking idiot for suggesting he try to adjust the elevation on his front sight post, and ignored the question about F marking or lack thereof
>>
>be me
>go to then local academy to buy a pistol
>this was during their whole "we're hiding AR's because reasons"
>attempt to be social with clerk as he does my paperwork
>make comment on this policy
>he launches into a rant about this, and how people are hassling him over the stores policy that he has zero control over
>seems cool enough

>he keeps going tho, "YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF"
>this should be good
>"THOSE OPEN CARRY MOTHERFUCKERS THAT HURDURDUR..." for 2+ solid mins
>be Texasbro btw
>we just got open carry
>be pissed
>starting to steam
>he just keeps going, he's on a roll now
>now be ultra pissed. I guess I brought this upon myself doing business with a shitbagging store that hides AR's and caters to liberals
>mfw
>want to throw a completely autistic shit fit
>hes still ranting BTW
>want to walk out
>decide to go through with sale because I really want this gat and we're already 95% done

>leave
>vow to NEVER return
>tell several people this story and they stopped shopping there also

>gun was 9/10, overall happy but I bought a ton of stuff at that store over the years and will NEVER be back.

Fuck Academy, and fuck their worthless liberal pandering asses. They're not our friends, they only want out money. Fuck them, fuck them, and fuck them. NEVER again.
>>
>>32685492
haha holy shit
i could never work at a gun store i'd go fucking mad
>>
>>32685401
........nah
>>
>>32683233

>Military after college....

You're doing life wrong anon
>>
>>32685143
>>32685182
>>32685201
>>32685238
>>32685289
>>32685435
>>32685492
I have collected these stories over a period of about 2 years working in a gun shop.

desu I hate it, but I can't get enough of it. It's part time while I finish an accounting degree. If I am still in the area after graduation, I'll keep working 1 day on the weekend.

I like my coworkers, and I enjoy most of our regulars.

My employee pricing isn't that great, but I just enjoy being able to spend a few days a week with guns and people who enjoy them

Couldn't/wouldn't make a career of it
>>
>>32685435
So she started as a 12/10?
>>
File: rikka.jpg (77KB, 450x770px)
rikka.jpg
77KB, 450x770px
>>32680655
If it was a girl you'd all be calling her cute
>>
>>32685662
No she was 6 to begin with
>>
>>32685289
He meant mounting two front sites and just lining them up together?
>>
>>32684807
I like superior pawn. That said I've never bought a gun from them, it is fun to poke around in there though. Never been the Hampton one, but they have other locations in Virginia Beach.

>>32684943
How did I spend 4 years in Norfolk and not know about this range at Fort Eustis? I mean, it's a bit of a drive but it beats shooting at tiny indoor ranges.
>>
>>32683171
Call the amberlamps
>>
You know, Academy isn't half bad for /k/ related things. They're a little more expensive than online, but they're not really price gouging you. I think the small amount they upsell is worth it to get the item right then and there. They also have plenty of targets like tannerite, and the gun selection isn't too bad. I only wish they had a rifle and shotgun catalog at the firearms desk so you don't have to glance over everything to see what they have. Still, if you know what you're looking for they're generally friendly and helpful. They have a decent selection of pistols at a decent price (again,a bit of an upsell, but not horrible).

This is the exact opposite of big sporting goods shops like Bass Pro or Cabelas. I fucking hate those places with a passion. Even the used guns are 1.5x what they should be for their condition, and the ammo prices tend to be absurd. Sure, you get more selection and they can have good sales, and it's more fun to waltz around in those stores, but those don't make up for the fact that you will be getting ripped off 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>32685759
Yeah
>>
>>32685920
The hampton one is a shit one where all the gang boys go to shoot their C9's sideways. Don't know about the others.
And I thing the Fort Eustis range was only opened for private use recently
>>
>>32679233
>go to wal-mart
>its one of three guys
>old guy is a little slow but friendly and will get the ammo I need if I point it out
>mid-30s guy and younger kid know what I'm referring to when I say 9x18 makarov and know if something's in stock
>generally friendly small talk and quick checkout

>dunhams
>most employees are too busy talking to help
>those that do are usually pretty chill, was talking to a dude who just bought a K31 and a bayonet for it, and we had a nice convo about online surplus guns sites

>go to cabelas
>most employees are absolute douchewads
>a few are ok
>but most flat out either ignore you or watch you WAY too closely without actually helping at all

>other walmart
>"hi could I get a box of 357 mag"
>'we dont have any'
>"what about that box right there?"
>'no we're sold out'
>"including the box right there that says "357 magnum" on it?"
>she looks at it, shrugs
>'guess we got more'
>checks me out without another word

>my LGS/FFL
>every employee knows me by name and is friendly as hell
>constant conversations about whatever the hell while waiting on background checks
>prices are half decent but the store is a mess and its hard to find anything, plus the selection is hit-and-miss

There is no winning.
>>
>>32680498

You cant stop someone form leaving, in my state security has no right,legal authority, or force of law to even stop a shoplifter.

they would be in for a fight if they tried to stop me.
>>
File: d.jpg (159KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
159KB, 902x902px
>>32686007
>Shop around
>Try on boots
>Hold guns look at shit
>Buy whatever you want online later
>>
at least once per day I get this phone call.

>phone rings
>" X gun shop, orbro speaking. how can I help you?"
>YEAH Uh... YEAH. I GOT UH...
>I GOT A GUN AND I NEED CLIPS FOR IT.
>"I carry several kinds of magazines, what kind of gun is it?"
>IT'S A... UH... NINE MILLIMETER.
>"No, brand name."
>WHAT?
>"Who makes the gun? Is it a glock, beretta, smith... ?"
>NAW I'M UH-SKING YAH IF YOU GOT CLIPS FOR IT.
>"I need to know what kind of gun it is to tell you if we have the magazines for it."
>AH ALREADY TAWLD YEW, IT'S A NINE MILLIMETER
>"Not quite, sir, who makes the firearm? Like... Ford / Chevy? Usually it's written on the gun?"
>UH...
>UH...
>UH...
>I'LL CALL YOU BACK.

I swear to fucking god. How hard is it to read?
Always a different fucking person. Always retarded.
>>
>>32685510

I KNOW this was at Academy

For some reason they will take your money but don't think they are a friend.
>>
>>32688995

Some people are pretty overwhelmed by guns, they never had a father to teach them and then bought one for the first time because of an election of they are just normies who converted.

No need to bully desu.
>>
>>32686007
>You know, Academy isn't half bad for /k/ related things.
the one near me carries ammo i'd never be able to find elsewhere
nearest Cabela's is a fucking hour away, and even my preferred LGS doesn't have some of the shit they carry(ex. they don't carry 5.45x39 but Academy has that Monarch shit)
>>
>>32689011
And this makes them unable to read?
Read an object they presumably bought for a non-trivial sum of money?
>>
File: 1274423703864.png (51KB, 324x246px)
1274423703864.png
51KB, 324x246px
>>32685289
That guy is like the final boss of retards.
>>
>>32689021
I agree, like seriously its printed on the side of the slide of the gun, holy shit. Some people are just irredeemably stupid.
>Be my friend a couple years ago
>We work in a grocery store
>Friend is stocking or some shit near the back
>Man enters store
>Walks past surely dozens of people
>Likely several employees
>The lights are on
>All is normal
>Comes up to my friend
>"are you guys open?"
>>
>>32689019
I assure you that it can be sent to your door for less than they sell it for.
>>
>>32679233
>Everyone wanting hi-points
>"Can you clean my hi-point?"
Hopefully this gets better since the election went our way.
>>
>>32689021

When all these people see in Hollywood movies is a tacticool squad of Mp5 wielding CONTACT shouting SWAT TEAM 6 SEALS yes. Hell, I couldn't even answer the gun stone owner when he asked if my rifle was 556 or 223 when I bought my first AR. I was a nub. Get over it, some people aren't proficient with guns Its like asking people who have never driven before to turn on their accessory lights. Or people who have never fished to to tell you what kind of rod they have. Chill out.
>>
>>32689040
Top zozzle
>>
>>32685191
You can buy a $200 black powder pistol from Cabela's without a license but a fucking $50 airsoft needs a license. No joke.

If you do this you either must shut the fuck up about the gun or own no ammo supplies to keep it in an "unloaded" state and legal state.
>>
>>32689040
Fucking lol. Gotta love retail.

>guy comes in
>dropping gun off for work
>see from across the shop it is some sort of thumb hole AK
>take it from him
>it's an SLR95, neat.jpeg
>as I clear ithat I realize the... interesting way the optic is mounted
>piece of 1913 rail gorilla glued to dust cover
>cheap barska on top
>look up at customer with obvious disgust on my face
>This... this is not how you mount an optic to an AK, sir.
>>
>>32682636
Not in my experience. The FoB ones don't wear deodorant though
>>
>>32688995
Probably some illegal Glawk fowty he bought in an alley somewhere, looking to stock up on mags before he goes and caps some fools.
>>
>>32689077
...how did you not know what caliber your rifle is? I mean, you bought it. That's like not knowing what make of car you drive.
>>
File: 1469948499251.jpg (54KB, 460x615px) Image search: [Google]
1469948499251.jpg
54KB, 460x615px
>>32689091
That causes me physical pain
>>
>>32689077
>Its like asking people who have never driven before to turn on their accessory lights. Or people who have never fished to to tell you what kind of rod they have
Well accessory lights aren't clearly marked in the biggest writing on the product unlike the fucking manufacturers name which is printed on the surface of the gun the average user will see the most of

And yeah, I can probably tell you what brand fishing rod I have because once again, the manufacturer puts it in big writing on an obvious surface
>>
>>32689109

Most people don't know what make model their car is, not everyone is as smart and on top of things as you anon. I bought a rifle because of the 2012 election and I asked for an AR15, he gave me one and some boxes of ammo, I went to the range and used it all and when I went for more I didn't have any of the boxes to know what kind of ammo I bought.

You are looking at this with experience, you need to put yourself in the mind of someone who just bought a fishing rod to try to catch some fish because fishing is fishing.

They don't know what the fuck draw weigh is, or what kind of bait to use for what fish. What line it is they cast or where to fish from.

They just bought a rod to fish because fish lmao

I know its all so stupid NOW, we are all experienced and what not. But I suppose one day when you are trying to get into something you never paid attention to you will remember this thread and just how many things you really didn't know about a particular subject.
>>
>>32689099
This would make more sense, but it's never a black person voice. Always redneck, always.
>>
>>32689121

>the manufacturer puts it in big writing on a obvious surface

*sigh* You guys just don't get it. To them its not an EO Tech, its a holosight. To them its not a AR chambered in 556, its a rifle.

They don't look at those things because they are oblivious and new to it all. FFS why is this so hard to understand? I KNOW FOR A FACT that at one point in your life someone introduced you to something you didn't quite know and they had to show you how it worked or functioned and now that you look back at it you feel like an idiot.
>>
>>32689058
that may be true but i'm not 21 so I can't order it online
>>
>>32689123
I've only been a gun owner for a couple years, and when I was getting into it, I did my research. I guess I can't picture someone just jumping headfirst into the world of guns without any knowledge.
>>
>>32682907
You cant order ammo online in jew york?
>>
>>32689190

Most people don't "do their research" they go to a gun store and assume the employees will help them out.

Of course researching on your own is great, but thats not what most people do. Especially if they feel that they are not experienced with guns and would much rather take advice from someone who does, as opposed to reaching their own conclusions from the Internet.
>>
>>32684717
I would've pistol whipped that dumb monkey for waving around a gun like that
>>
>>32689137
And I'll say it again, due to the fact I have an IQ above 85 I can discern the manufacturer of a product when there is large writing saying who makes the product on its surface in an obvious location. You're acting like being able to find a word on the exterior of a product in an obvious location is the same as knowing how to use the product.
>>
>>32689150
Where do you need to be 21 to order ammo? I'm 18 and I order handgun ammo online all the time.

>>32689200
Yup, no online ammo sales to NY (legally). Some sites do it anyways like all of them should. Its retarded because NY legally cant do anything about corporations from outside their state breaking their laws.
>>
>>32685064
Well, which is it anon?
>>
>>32689243
Huh, always figured you needed to be 21 to order ammo, because on most sites that sell guns and ammo they always say you must be 21 or older
Where do you order from?
>>
>>32685510
Sounds like a guy I work with at Academy in centex (don't laugh pls I used to have a good job).
>>32686007
Be selective of which one you go to. My store is 1/2 retired infantry so they generally know what they're doing but tend to be assholes to people the spew memes about guns or want to discuss menial stuff, because we spend an hour a day getting rammed in the ass over trying to get credit card applications or being told to round up shopping carts, work at the greeting podium, or empty trash cans. Fishing and hunting is the one department that has low turnaround but it's also the only one that gets trained on federal and local paperwork, shitbdoesnt make much sense. I almost miss the holidays because that was the one time I've gotten to do what I applied for which was share my moderate level of knowledge on guns and do 4473's.
>>32689003
Again, be selective about which one you go to. I have to call to other stores to check inventory sometimes and that shit is god awful.
>"hey this is anon from store X, got a customer here who wants a Vortex Strike Eagle, y'all have any in stock?"
>uhh maybe, what caliber?
>"it's a scope, it's big on one end and smaller on the other, grey, runs about tree fiddy"
>hold on let me have my manager look
Most calls to area stores go that way.
>>
>>32689258
Sportsman's Guide mostly because I was stupid and I forgot to unsub from their membership so now I use my $40 to save money and get free shipping. And yes, technically you're supposed to be 21 to buy handgun ammo however /spoiler/ they don't have any way whatsoever to know if you're 21 other than a box they make you check that says "check here to confirm you are over 21".

Use Gunbot.com to find the best prices
>>
File: cyber feels.jpg (88KB, 680x667px)
cyber feels.jpg
88KB, 680x667px
>>32679233
>go to the one mega-government approved gun store in my city
>nowhere to park my Honda VFR750 since the parking bots are out and about and they start literally shaking at emissions violations
>say fuck it and leave it on the sidewalk with an emp trap
>go innastore
>walls and walls of single-shot .22 replicas of everything since they banned everything else
>go to the front and chat with my android dude
>"Yeah man, we got some "bagels" in the back."
>some geek synth-head that's browsing gives us an evil eye
>He ignores it and leans in whispering "I got those hacking modules for you too."
>The synth snaps it's head to us and its eyes go red
>"CITIZENS, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF NEO JERSEY STATUTE N.N.J.S.2C:1-4, CONSPIRACY TO VIOLATE THE ASSAULT COMPUTER ACCESSORIES LAW OF 2026."
>Try to calm it down and explain that hacking modules are perfectly legal accessories that only have 10,000 lines of code
>"I AM ALERTING GOOGLEFORCE. PLEASE SURRENDER YOUR ILLEGAL DEVICE."
>It jumps the counter and starts strangling the clerk
>Pull out my legal thompson contender in .22 magnum
>Press fingerprint to biometric scanner
>Input pin number
>Start establishing connection to Googlenet
>Authorization confirmed
>Place one of my yearly 20 rounds into it and aim
>Fuck he's dead
>Googleforce kicks in the door and starts spraying everything with 9mm
>Somehow only get shot three times
>"OFFICERS, I HAVE APPREHENDED THESE MEN ATTEMPTING TO INITIATE A TRANSACTION FOR PROHIBITED ITEMS."
>Googleforce finds the hacking module and explains that it was deregulated last week and the bot hasn't updated their firmware
>"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THE LAW IS CLEAR HE MUST DIE."
>Googleforce guy vaporizes it
>Confiscates my boolit and gives me a $10000 ticket for illegal parking

Fucking Google.
>>
>>32689290
Such is my everyday life in California
>>
>>32679426
fucking tranny scum
>>
>>32689123
Dude, you're a retard. Please give it a rest. Most people don't know the make and model of their car? Are you fucking serious? I'd accept not knowing the year, but make and model? You're a fucking imbecile and I seriously hope you follow the age old credo before opening your mouth again.

>lurk more
>>
File: 1482090436518.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482090436518.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>32689137
>*sigh*
Did you just blow in from Reddit?
>>
File: zardoz.jpg (27KB, 327x327px)
zardoz.jpg
27KB, 327x327px
>>32679233
some guy managed to buy 9mm for his glock 23 and actually fired it
>mfw it actually fired
>mfw he complained to the RO about constant stoppages and FTF and wanted to return his glock bullets
>>
>last weekend of deer season rolls in
>customers come to gun counter and say they had a shit deer season
>how'd that happen?
>well I got some 7.62x51 Aguila Fmj and my rifle shot low
>is your rifle a .308?
>no no it's an AR-10
>sir you know 7.62x51 isn't the same as .308, if you were taking long shots
>it wasn't long shot it was 200 yards from my stand to my feeder and my damn rifle shot Low!
>well that shouldn't have been much of an issue
>oh I sighted in with Winchester 147gr 7.62x51 and now my rifle wants to shoot low, I was buying that real nice federal stuff, the Match king stuff
>sir you were
>yeah I know I want to know what the best hunting rounds are for 7.62x51
>none of them... but we have Sierra match king 168 grain
>baahhhh that's not what I zeroed my scope on
>"it shouldn't matter at 200 yards, just buy..."
"Y'all have any Fmj for low grains? I'm tired of paying for "hollow points"
It's a parade of idiots.
>>
>>32682690
that pretty much sums up my every professional interaction with blacks under the age of 40 and white methheads
>without fail looking at the taurus tcp, millennium, or other gun sub $300 dollarydoos
>is dat a machinegun
>how do i get my gun license
>imma get dat one but muh bro is going to pay dat cool bossman
>will this random magazine fit into my ::insert ring of fire zamax hand remover here::
>glock bullets
>do you have/wut bullets will work in my 38/32s&w 100 year old hand remover with tactical electric tape grip that I totally didn't buy from my drug dealer

the requirement to have your current address on a form of government issued identification is 100% the most effective means of keeping hoods from buying firearms. Also prevents most of our straw sales before we have to just tell the 2-6 guys looking at a gun making the youngest without a criminal record buy it to all fuck off before we call the police.
>>
>>32689425
How does the current address thing work to keep hoods from buying? Do they not have ID or something? Even if the ID doesnt have their current address does the FBI know that?
>>
>>32689123
>can't read 5.56 off the side of his fucking gun
>doesn't know what BRAND his car is
are you retarded or a woman? How do you live?
>>
>>32689433
>is this your current address
>naw
>you need your current address on a form of government identification to buy a gun
>...
>do you have a voters registration card
>naw
>do you have a vehicle title with your current address?
>naw
>then go to the dmv and get your license updated
>sheeeeeeeeeeeet

if you put your old address on the form you're perjuring yourself and if you fail the background check and they actually come after you (which pretty much never happened under obama), if you aren't at the address you put on the physical form the FFL retains it's another thing to judicially sodomize you with.

and it's a concrete reason to deny a sale, since "you smell like weed and can't answer 11e truthfully/your buddy just handed you a fist full of bills sir we are not in fact "racis" we just don't want you to violate federal law" is "subjective".
>>
>>32682907
Southern Tier? Sounds familiar.
>>
>>32689640
No, Tim's Guns
>>
>>32685510

I hate that place. It is the only place other than walmart I have around here in tx.
>>
>>32680655
>yfw he's our silent guardian battling angels of death from the nether sphere
>>
>>32682760
I would go broke in 10 minutes. Holding in laughter is not my strong suit. The good thing is people find me cheery, and fun and genuinely enjoy when I laugh. Apparently my laugh is very contagious. SO maybe I would be known as the funny pawn guy.
>>
>>32685556
lol why? I'm about to do the same. At some point I'll have the military pay for my Masters.
>>
>>32685401
>having a SCAR
>not having enough money for a better scope when he already has a good scope so he wants to buy a worse one
Something doesnt add up here.
>>
>>32680989
was he a big old white boy probably 5'11" or a little taller and talked extremely loudly?
>>
>>32689077
I have no idea what you mean by accessory lights and I've been driving, even professionally for 8 years.
>>
>>32679233

One time a customer tried to fuck my butt when I wasn't looking.
>>
>>32680655
Didn't end with >Nothing personnel, kid/10
>>
>>32685492
you guys should be printing out M16 field manuals to share with retard customers, tell them to go get educated on the rifles.
>>
>>32686254
What cuck state do you live in that does not allow protection of property?
>>
>>32689725
instrument panel lighting or cabin lighting
>>
File: 1484420674191.gif (487KB, 349x199px) Image search: [Google]
1484420674191.gif
487KB, 349x199px
>>32685238
How people make fuck ups like this is beyond me.
Pretty much any gun has the caliber it uses stamped on the fucking receiver. Literally just read the side and buy the ammo.
How the fuck can one not get this.
>>
>>32689290
This is amusing enough to be made into an animated series or possibly a video game.
>>
>>32679233
Get muzzle pointed at me regularly. It doesn't bother me a much as it used to.
One guy kept sweeping me with the muzzle, then told his wife not to point the gun in his direction.
I often get dumb responses when I ask people to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
"I thought smaller guns had less recoil"
"But I thought you emptied it so it was safe"
Discussing safety with customerS and how they act surprised customers point the muzzle at people/me. They then proceed to repeatedly sweep me with the muzzle.
Customer answers yes to question about being convicted of a felony, acts surprised that I can't proceed with sale since it was so long ago.
>>
>>32689926
>muzzle sweeping
for itself its a bad thing. But if you handle a gun from the shop and sweep someone, where is the problem? Are the guns in the gunshops sometimes loaded? dont be so anal if you clearly know that this gun is unloaded
>>
>>32682841
I work at Dicks and this makes no sense to me.
If they couldn't get responses from NICS, then they wouldn't be able to get Delayed responses.
When you submit the application you get a proceed, denied, delayed, or it says no response has been received and to wait 8-11 minutes and check again.
There are some days/week's when it seems like a lot more people get Delayed than others, but never heard of anything like you're talking about.
May have been new guy making stuff up to cover his own mistake.
>>
>>32682907
So the problem was probably because you were in NY, not because you were in a Dick's. ;)
>>
>>32684404
They are a crappy employer, but at my store we are trained to clear every gun before allowing a customer to handle it.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 700x700px
>>32690000
It's all part of proper firearms safety

Never point a gun loaded or not at anything you aren't ready to kill
>>
>>32690054
You people always say this and then muzzle sweep people and children 24/7 while carrying
>>
>>32689011
How is that bullying? He was polite and addressed him as sir.
>>
>>32685143
HaHa, this is why the Army didn't like the "improvements" to the sight system on the M16A2
>>
>>32690026
I think it was just the looped "wait 8-11 minutes" thing that they just described as a delay.
>>
>>32690000
cardinal rules always apply anon.
>>
>>32690065
>you people

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32683260
Are=and
I would assume
>>
>>32690331
No dicklicker, he means that anon is dating his own daughter. This is so fucking obvious. It is as simple as reading the caliber of your firearm or the make and model of your fishing pole. Go the fuck back to rebbit, hippie.
>>
Unless you live in a state where its illegal to buy ammo online I would suggest doing just that. Almost all stores either dont have what you're looking for and are way overpriced.
>>
>>32685709
Wut
>>
>>32689269
Dd
>>32690065
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee normies gtfo back to /plebbit
>>
File: WideAngleDandy-1.jpg (344KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
WideAngleDandy-1.jpg
344KB, 1000x750px
>>32685709
Why were you even considering banging a girl who was only 6 to begin with?
>>
>>32690065
>projecting this hard
>>
>>32684547
I'll never get why people go into fucking lame ass stores that are more grocery store than gun counter and expect them to have anything other than 9mm, .223, or .45. You've probably already been there too and have a good idea of what they have, you just wanted a chance to be condescending to someone so when she was lazy and rude to you it was like winning the fucking lotto
>>
>>32685401
Fuck off, sakuya
>>
>>32688995

What store are you at?
>>
>>32689077
So the guy who's too stupid to check the side of his rifle is defending the guy who's too dumb to check the slide of his pistol? You can't make this shit up
>>
>>32689123
>Most people don't know what make model their car is
I have no reaction image suitable for how absolutely retarded you are. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CAR/GUN/FISHING ROD BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Jesus fucking christ. You're stupid for not researching shit, you're straight up retarded for not even know what you're buying.
>>
>>32689137
>I KNOW FOR A FACT that at one point in your life someone introduced you to something you didn't quite know and they had to show you how it worked
Yeah, but I didn't buy shit without even fucking looking at the make and model your fucking mongoloid
>>
>>32689225
No you wouldn't
>>
>>32689274
Please don't spread disinfo, you have to have someone over 21 to sign for the ammo when it arrives. Either you look way older than you do, a ups/fedex employee isn't doing their job or you're full of shit. Leaning towards the third one
>>
>>32689371
My brother managed to shoot 9mm out of a beretta 96. It fired, just was inaccurate as fuck and wouldn't cycle
>>
>>32689926
I really don't care about flagging if the gun is obviously not loaded but if I'm at the range or you just have a random gun out and flag me I'll lose my shit
>>
>>32690065
The only time I flag people while carrying is if I'm about to curbstomp someone and at that point they have bigger issues
>>
>>32690508
>>32689339

He is too defensive of ignorance but sadly most people in go through this world absolutely oblivious and lacking in curiosity about the things around them.

Though my faith in humanity has been weathered like a valley carved over eons through the unstoppable action of water and wind, one conversation stands out to me:

>my uncle gave me a convertible it's awesome!
>neat what kind?
>a blue one!

This was said by a technically functioning adult, able to work and exchange the funds earned there to pay for rent and food.
>>
>>32690424
6 is above average my friend.
>>
>>32683594
I too live in a rural town in pa. Two trafic lights 5 bars a beer distributor and a gun shop, his shits overpriced though
>>
>>32680655
Nice
>>
>Be taking my nofunz brother in law shooting, since I convinced him to buy an AR for innawoods/HD
>His original plan was to get a nickel plated .357. Figured it was enough for cougars and he could just flash it at any basketball americans he had trouble with, like some kind of nogunz fudd
>Explain what escalation is and remind him his 90 pound wife would have to use it
>AR it is. Head to a range that I know has an MP15 II for rent, since that's what I recommended as a starter
>He asks if I was gonna rent it in my name, because 'have my license'. Yeah, I got the in state DL so I would do the paper work just to make it quicker.
>So, anon, walk me through the process of buying an AR
>Just.. fucking buy one
>Yeah, but how do I go from Anon's BIL, to Anon's BIL, AR Owner?
>What
>You buy a rifle. You live in [state], there's no process
>I know, for normal guns. But how do I apply for my license to operate an AR?
>Fucking what. Mind goes completely blank.
>You're ex-military, so I assume it was easy for you, but I've got no experience. How hard's the shooting test? Do you need like a note from a doctor that I'm not crazy?
>Ask him where the hell he heard this
>He assumed it was, and I quote, "Like getting a motorcycle license. You get the standard license for pistols and stuff, and then you gotta pass a different test for an AR"
>Explain the actual process out of pure reflex like a robot while my mind desperately tries to come to grips what it just heard

He shot decent groups and eye fucked a SCAR on the way out, so good trip but he's lived in red states his whole life, where he got the idea there was some Federal Bureau of AR Operators in beyond me
>>
>>32689011
>they never had a father to teach them
To read?
>>
>>32689779
AP at a best buy. The rules we have to meet to apprehend someone means we can never apprehend them. Shits dumb
>>
>>32682841
I bought some shotgun shells from dicks once when I was 18.
I came back a few months later and bought the exact same box of shells.
This time the girl at the checkout says, "You have to be 21 to buy this"
I tell her she must be mistaken, the law only applies to handgun rounds.
The manager comes over and they even are able to look up my transaction from before, but still won't sell me the shotgun shells they sold me when I was 18 now that I'm 18 and a half.
I then go to the local gun store 4 blocks down and buy a box of shells with no problem.
I told the story to the guy at the counter there and he figures they must have recently implemented some new store policy.
I've never gone back to Dick's
>>
>>32690529
I have never had to sign for ammo, I come home to find it sitting on the stoop, its almost like you're the one who's full of shit.
>>
>>32689511
In my experience it seems like the jamals and tyrones i have delt with just dont have the brain capacity to handle things like this. I swear there must be tons of black retards but we cant do anything about it or be called racist
>>
>>32680498
i would have stayed and thrown a huge shitfit at the manager for how rudely that cunt treated me.
>>
>>32691346
Nope
>>
>>32689123
>openly admitting to panic buying
>being this willfully ignorant
It's because of fuckers like you the gun market is such shit
>>
>>32685143
i bet the dumb cocksucker put a gas block height front sight on a standard rail.
>>
>>32679233
These threads are cancer
>>
>>32691453
DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM

SAGE AND MOVE ON
>>
>>32689040
not gun related but
>used to work at target
>wearing red shirt and khaki pants
>target name tag
>have big scanning machine in my hand
>scanning items and stocking shelves
>lady comes up to me
"Do you work here?"
>>
>>32691467
Same my dude,
>Work at Tops
>Khakis, black shirt, red collar, FUGGIN NAME TAG
>Get asked once a month or so if I worked there
And people say eugenics is wrong
>>
>>32685401
It's not believable if he's swapping out an ACOG for a .22 scope on a SCAR. That scope will be destroyed in one or two range trips, anyway, so he's flushing $150 down the toilet.
>>
>>32679426
go kill yourself tranny scum
[spoiler]just kidding you will anyways in the next 10 years[/spoiler]
>>
>>32690065
muzzle sweeping is not just dangerous, but it's rude. It's like giving someone the finger.
>>
>>32680780
Kek
>>
>>32690478
I don't want to say for obvious reasons.
If you really want to know bug me on /arg/ teamspeak sometime.
>>
>>32688995
Please don't educate the criminals

My favorite thing is when one gets arrested and when we go to tag the gun and ammo you find mix and match calibers and 30 round mags with maybe three or four bullets in them
>>
>>32691859
>criminals

Niggers, i swear the ones i deal with think its a point of pride to be the lowest form of scum in the country
>>
ITT: fanfiction
>>
>>32689511

Say how does it work for foreigners? Are foreign nationals allowed to buy guns? If so, under what circumstances?
>>
File: 200%mad.webm (268KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
200%mad.webm
268KB, 720x480px
>>32684825
I went into Target World once and they had a Walther P88 for 600 bucks. I spent a good 2 hours trying to get a cashier to get me a 4473 to fill out and nobody would. One guy even pulled out a sandwich and started eating it while staring at me.
I understand that it was pretty busy, but for fuck's sake. I eventually left and am still fucking pissed about it.
>>
>>32688995
implying niggers can read
>>
>>32689225
Projecting much?
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 930x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 930x1280px
>>32692280
We know they cant read cursive

Example pic
>>
>>32691574
Why was my story offensive?
>>
>>32684717
Because there is an inherently large percentage of Negros that, if assessed, would be declared mentally handicapped, but it's not PC to acknowledge that.
>>
>>32690424
You gotta get what you can anon, that's why I fuck toasters.
>>
>>32679233

>be looking at guns at gander mountain
>ask associate if I could see the glock 17
>she hands me a bredduh 92
>no ma'am I'm sorry I meant the glock 17
>she hands me a ruger lcr
>...
>ok you see the semi automatic pistol in the middle of the case beside the subcompact and the revolver?
>"yes sir"
>she hands me the gun
>but finger on the trigger pointed at my chest
>duck out of the way
>walk away and go home
>call gander mountain and explain what happened
>manager says she works in another department and the firearms section needed her because volume of customers and he says I can get a 10 dollar gift card for my trouble
>go there next day and get my gift card and buy some ammo

Big box stores, not even once
>>
>>32679426
stay strong trains is hard job
>>
>>32692749
I don't understand the terminology.
>>
File: 1482592779626.jpg (132KB, 599x846px) Image search: [Google]
1482592779626.jpg
132KB, 599x846px
>Want a Cx4 for months
>Look everywhere but they are practically unobtanium in California
>December rolls around. With the new laws coming into effect next year its now or never to get one
>Finally find a store that sells them with bullet buttons
>Its a fucking 6 hour drive south
>Email them
>"We aren't shipping guns this late in the year."
>Ask them if they can hold onto it for a day so I can make the trip to fill out the paperwork (don't forget the 10 day waitinf period, so I'd have to drive 6 hours to get there, 6 hours back, and then do it again in 10 days to pick up the rifle)
>"Actually we can ship it if you are willing to pay for expedited shipping and find an FFL willing to take it"
>I do
>Send them the FFL info
>THEY NEVER EMAIL ME BACK
>Bitch about it on /k/
>An out of state FFL offers to sell me one
>Tell him to take off the mag release so it won't have a detachable magazine and violate CA law
>He does
>Rifle gets here barely in time
>Get call from FFL
>"Ya, we can't sell this. It needs a bullet button."
>But it doesn't have a detachable magazine. The magazine won't even seat without its catch.
>"Sorry, doesn't work like that. We're sending it back."
>I'm not about to argue with my FFL over this. Just give up.
>End up paying for two way shipping and a 15% restocking fee and didn't get shit out of it
>It is now impossible for me to get a Cx4 unless I drive all the way to Arizona to do a private transfer, AND I'd have to register it AND I'd have to keep the bullet button on it AND I'd have to do it this year

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>32689424
I'm trying really hard to find the issue here. A gun chambered in .308 will safely chamber 7.62x51, but the inverse is not advised. Did this guy just not realize he should be consistent with the ammo he uses when sighting in and hunting, or... Can someone explain this one to me, or did this guy just do a shitty job of explaining it?
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x422px
>>32692710
Like anyone wouldn't want to fuck this.
>>
>>32684717
Its fucking sad that this is the precedent being set before I walk into a gun shop. I hate that I literally have to put effort into presenting myself as a non retarded black hood looking for a hi point every time I walk into a new shop. At least the people at the shop I usually frequent know me by name now. But fuck. Sorry to those of you have to deal with these pieces of shit while shopping or working.
>>
>>32692862
>End up paying for two way shipping
>paying them when they haven't given you a product

cuck
>>
>>32692640
nop but trannys need to learn their place
>>
>go to Turners outdoor to do transfer
>meet up with seller
>manager fills out FFL paper work
>finish transfer
>give seller cash for gun
>manager starts screaming "not in here you trying to get me in trouble?!!! ill stop this transfer right now unless you take it outside"
>seller and i look at each other like wtf just happened
>go outside and hand cash to seller
>pick up rifle from commiefornia jail 10 days later

ive done plenty of transfers where the stores insist we pay right right in front of them before finishing the transfer
>>
>>32685064
This is a valid question anon.
>>
>>32693292
Sheep, but only if they've been sheared recently.
>>
File: 1413336448578.jpg (103KB, 400x994px) Image search: [Google]
1413336448578.jpg
103KB, 400x994px
>>32680655
>>
File: smug.png (306KB, 593x540px)
smug.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>32684825
>>32692083
Fuck that place, I usually go in whenever I go to Micro Center. They do have a larger selection than most places but the people working there are awful.

>handle p226 there for the first time
>ask if they have any to rent, they don't
>scrawny manlet w/ glasses behind counter offers to let me shoot his
>shoot his gun and ammo for free
>leave without any further interest
>mfw I realized I cucked him
>>
File: 1484188975688.jpg (61KB, 700x700px)
1484188975688.jpg
61KB, 700x700px
>>32693388
>>
>>32682860
I am the anon who told that story. He actually brought his scar back in later to have us mount that fucking travesty of a scope. I'm not kidding you, I wish I was.
>>
File: 1483822015172.jpg (27KB, 302x389px) Image search: [Google]
1483822015172.jpg
27KB, 302x389px
>>32693714
Did he actually have an honest to god ACOG on it that he removed for a shitty walmart tier scope? I can't imagine him being that retarded if he already had good optics.
>>
>>32690934
Former AP at Best Buy as well. I had to rely on getting employees to harass thieves into giving shit up, otherwise I couldn't do shit. Frustrating as all hell.

Also the most miserable I've ever been in my life.
>>
>>32688995
I get this shit too. Or a different variant

>customer comes in and puts a clearly ancient fucking magazine on the counter
>I'd like 3 of those please
>what gun does it go into?
>*insert whatever fucking mag fed gun they stopped making 20 years ago*
>Sir we don't carry those
>Why not?

or my other favorite

>Hi. I'm looking for *incredibly obscure gun part*
>well sir we don't keep stuff like that in stock
>your best bet would be to find it online
>would *lgs across town* have it?
>no sir, this part hasn't been made since before I've been alive
>there are no gun stores within a 250 mile radius that are going to have this part
>would *big chain store* have it?
>sir, the internet exists, there are websites dedicated entirely to making parts for your particular weapon
>that is the only place you're going to find that part
>would *other chain store* have it?
>>
>>32679867
>lying to a customer because of your own opinions

I'd never put such garbage on a SCAR, but I'm not autistic enough to avoid sales either.

If that's what he wants, he's paying for it, buy him a scope if you care so much.
>>
File: trains is a hard job.png (37KB, 599x301px) Image search: [Google]
trains is a hard job.png
37KB, 599x301px
>>32692838
>>
>>32680655
>obstructing John Cloud Raven
You'll doom us all.
>>
>>32689109
I used to be a mechanic. This conversation happened several times a day and 90% of the time it was with a woman.

>Welcome ma'am. What can we do for you today?
>I'm here to get an oil change and I was hoping you could check out a rattle
>Sure what car is it
>the white one
>I look out into our parking lot and there are 4 white cars and a white truck
>Is it a Ford, Honda, Lexus, or Dodge?
>the white one
>ma'am there are four white cars out there I just need to know your make
>white
>OK so the thing on your steering wheel is it silver or colored
>silver
>Is it in the shape of an H?
>yes
>ok so its a honda
>Accord or Civic?
>i don't know
>>
File: 1367552023226.jpg (119KB, 1047x698px) Image search: [Google]
1367552023226.jpg
119KB, 1047x698px
>>32681339
>>
>>32693943

Until he comes back in a week demanding he get a refund because the scope built to handle .22lr can't hold zero on a .308 rifle.

Sure, you can tell him no and that he's a fucktard, but is dealing with him twice really worth it?
>>
>>32693966
Fuck. Lol.
>>
>Chubby white kid walks into store to pick up his FFL transfer
>Mosin Nagant m91/30
>xfer paperwork says he paid almost $300 (summer of 2016) plus S&H for it kek
>at least it's a hex receiver
>tell him to open up the box and take a look to make sure it's what he ordered
>pulls out the rifle, points it at the ground, opens up the bolt
>this autismo actually says "Clear" out loud
>coworker and I exchange glances and stifle a laugh
>finish transfer paperwork and he leaves
Not too bad but it's always funny seeing kids fall for meme guns
>>
>>32694002

Then after much struggle you discover it's actually Hyundai and she isn't parked in your lot. You tell her to bring your car over and never see her again.

Thanks for bringing back traumatic memories.
>>
>>32685556
>go in as an officer
>student loans forgiven
whats the problem?
>>
>>32694084
This is /k/. We hate officers.
>>
>>32693761
I honestly have no clue. He brought it in with nothing on it. He did at least buy a fucking PEPR somewhere else.

The range guy who was sighting it in was so fucking mad. You could see it in his face through the range windows.
>>
File: nicholson.jpg (42KB, 580x606px)
nicholson.jpg
42KB, 580x606px
>>32694130
ok
>>
>>32694063
Not bad at all unless he yelled it at the top of his lungs

>xfer paperwork says he paid almost $300 (summer of 2016) plus S&H for it kek
Bad no matter what. Jesus how do people get scammed this hard.
>>
>>32694063
he pulled it out or you? you dont clear a gun yourself before handing it to a customer?
>>
>>32694079
I see someone else has worked at a shop.

Buddy of mine had a fucking SJW stop by his shop. She had "FUCK THE PATRIARCHY" type bumper stickers all over her car. Buddy posts picture on facebook with the comment "Feminism fights the patriarchy, but it won't fix your car."
>>
>>32694169
>He didn't enlist during the surge to shoot sand people with a 240 for no reason
>>
>>32694181
he said it in a normal voice.
>>32694186
we had already opened and cleared the gun as soon as it arrived to make sure the FFL info matched.
>>
>>32685510
>bring up politics with some retail worker
>turns out not as you expected
>hurfa durfa MUH DANG LIBERALSSSSSSS

never leave the house if you can't handle differing opinions.
>>
>>32689137
>makes purchase costing multi hundreds of dollars
>does no research

You're a special kind of fucking stupid
>>
>>32690508
You'd be surprised how often I have to work wrecks where I ask people what kind of car they have and they just look at me as though I asked them to explain string theory
>>
>>32690508
Not him and I more than likely have age and experience on you. You really need to settle the fuck down. Guys like you are why new gun owners feel intimidated and stupid. I hope you don't or ever run a business. The industry needs less people like you.
>>
>>32683594
>>32690825
>Live in rural NY
>No traffic lights
>~7 businesses in the town
>half of them are repair shops
Y'all a bunch of suburbanites with manicured lawns and city water.
>>
>>32679867
>Muh optic must be more than the gun
Tell me what store you work at so I can avoid going there.
>>
>>32694506
I'm sure he won't be missing your business.
>>
>>32689721
I have a primary arms clone of a aimpoint red dot on my scar 17, works fine.
>>
>>32694468

>live in rural WA
>two business, wouldn't really call it a town
>one is a feed store, the other a gas station
>>
>>32694506
>I have an acog
>I want a 100$ scope
He's a lying sack of shit to begin with.
>>
>>32692862
What the fuck is a bullet button?
>>
>>32692345
Top fucking kek
>>
>>32694002
I work at a car dealership and whenever I pull some bodies car up I swear one out of every five asks, "is this my car?"

Like fuck dude, I don't know, is it?
>>
>>32692862
Just get a job in a real state.

There are like, 40 of them that will let you have your gun.
>>
>>32694373
If you buy a gun without knowing what caliber it is you deserve to get treated like a retard. Ask that shit before you buy it.
>>
>>32689425
>working in an area where black thugs and white methheads are the norm

I feel bad for you anon. You should work toward increasing your station in life. I never come across the dregs of society in my daily wanderings about town.
>>
>good gunshop bumps their transfer fee from 15$ to 50$ because people were buying guns cheaper online and getting them shipped in.
>I mostly buy milsurp and harder to find guns so I have to get my shit transferred. It absolutely pains me to have to buy these guns without being able to inspect and I've been burned on them before.
>find a tiny outdoors shop that does 10$ or 12.50 for handguns.
>do transfers there for a few years
>one guy keeps forgetting to send their ffl info until I ask him 3 times
>this happens a good 5 times
>always be polite and thank them. Can't even buy ammo since all they have is common handgun ammo. Buy 22lr when it's actually in stock
>eventually get a CZ75 from CDI
>ask them to send FFL
>CDI never gets it of course
>ask them several times, once in person
>nope
>Yeah, I sent it man, I don't know what the problem is
>Ask CDI to email them so they definitely don't get the wrong address or make a mistake
>they BCC it to me as well
>outdoor shop never replied
These sacks of shit are why I hate people. Just fucking tell me no if you have a problem.
>>
>>32691321
>black retards

Maybe because you're focusing on the black retards only. If you remove the word black from your criticisms and instead targets the uncultured, uneducated, poor, and criminal types then maybe we could get something done in this country. Of course then you'd be taking out the lower white class as well, which you no doubt belong to, so I can see why you want to deflect the attention to the blacks.
>>
>>32690563
Do you hip carry? If so, you are potentially flagging people every time you sit down.
>>
>>32690171
>implying any part of the a2 outweighs the steps backward

The marine corps was a mistake.
>>
>>32685556
You'd be amazed how Much the Military wants smarter and more brainbuilded people to join.

It's not the tech-savvy bit, it's the subtle human dimension of things in serving and maybe leading people.

There's no easy way out for officers anymore. You have to know what you are doing.
>>
>>32689091
Well did the bubba get it? I guess not.
>>
File: 1480902500350.jpg (55KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480902500350.jpg
55KB, 258x360px
>>32680498
>weird sniper ammo
>>
>>32694843
Or you can help them learn. Again, you don't belong in the business.
>>
>>32682944
is this houston?
>>
>>32684807
>>32684876
Never knew there were others from Hampghanistan up here.

> tfw this is what I have to call a """"hometown""""
>>
>>32689290
Anon, seriously go to a writefag threads or some other writer's board.

Not to question you story, on the contrary. It's simply the way you told it. Fucking funny shit.

Write more anon.
>>
>>32694002
Honestly, I don't know how some of them can manage to find their way home.
>>
>>32681451

>inna walmart
>all ammo is behind the counter
>do you guys have any .357 magnum?
>blank look
>no response
>ask again
>"what's that?"
>an ammo type, do you have it
>turns around, stares blankly in one spot
>"Is this it?"
>no
>"what about this?"
>no, .357. It'll say .357 magnum on the box
>"ohhh this one?"
>they hand me a box of .357 sig

Like I understand walmart doesn't pay enough to make anyone give a fuck, but shit if I could hop over the counter and do your job better that's just infuriating.
>>
>>32695264

GPS. And the only reason they can figure that out is because someone else texted them their own address, so they can just copy and paste it.
>>
>>32694063
>coworker and I exchange glances and stifle a laugh

This got me wondering, do you guys say "safety on/off, loaded/unloaded" when handing over firearms to one an other when you are at the range?
>>
>>32695326
I'm sure they solve the problem by not hanging around faggots who can't comprehend safety starts with yourself. If he didn't point the firearm at the customer, the customer has full responsibility to check the weapon.

Here let me type your response for you so you don't have to: "huur duur nutty urrr dah fag fuck u".
>>
>>32695208
No I would gladly show them how to sight it in, or answer literally any other question. If you don't know what caliber your gun is you are beyond helping.

That's like buying a deisel and putting gas in it. Absolutely retarded.
>>
>>32693924
Rare parts guys ... oh man.
>"Hey, do you have any Astra 22 revolver firing pins?"
>"I need a hammer for this 400 year old matchlock musket."
>"Got any Star Megastar magazines?"
> No, and if I did I would be e-baying them
>"Any 700 Nitro Express barrels?"
And when you tell them no, look on the internet, they first ask you a smarmy " WELL WHY NOT" and then give you that stare like they had no idea what a computer was.

>>32694044
This is exactly the reason why I wouldn't sell him a shitty scope. You KNOW he's going to come back later and bitch about it.
>>
>>32695397
You're pushing a point just to prove you're not a dbag. You are a dbag. You're resolution is to just keep calling people retarded, give extreme comparisons, and yeah...I would fire a guy like you. I get newbs don't understand shit but fuck your methods. I would try to help them get into logical habbits. Gun owners are dwindling.
>>
>>32690723
A 6/10 is the average

>>32692345
Most white kids can't read or write cursive.
I helped a teacher a while back and when I started writing they all looked at me with this crazy look. Then they asked me how to sign their own names in cursive. Those kids also didn't know how to read an analog clock..
>>
>>32695450
I'm not that guy, but you're also a douchebag.
You cannot be spoon fed literally everything in life. And when someone refuses to continue spoon feed you, you can't be mad about it, because if you have the mental capacity of a pidgeon you have to learn to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>32690065
at least we can agree that children aren't people
>>
>>32695450
No, I know that I'm being a douche. If someone thinks they're responsible enough to own a gun then they should be responsible enough to ask what it shoots before or as they're buying it.
>>
>>32694652
A bullet button was a way around Californias assault weapons ban. To cut to the chase, the AWB pretty much says you cannot have a rifle with both a pistol grip and detachable magazine. You can have one or the other, but not both.

Bullet buttons were a way around this. A detachable magazine is defined as a magazine that can be detached without tools or disassembly of the gun. A bullet button simply replaces your magazine release so that it requires a tool, typically a bullet hence the name, to remove the magazine. Ya, it's still a pain in the ass compared to a normal magazine release, but it did the job.

I refer to them in the past tence, because as of 2017 they are now considered to be detachable magazines, so they don't work anymore. The only option now is to replace your pistol grip with some horrific abomination of a grip. However, that only works for rifles with removable pistol grips like ARs and AKs. If your rifle has an integrated pistol grip like a Cx4, you're shit out of luck unless you want to do some serious gunsmithing blasphemy.
>>
>>32689123
Kek, just look at the most of the replies you got. You do butthurt people, you trolly you.

I think I need to do some social experiments too, if you don't mind.
>>
>>32694652
>I am unable to spend 1.7 seconds to type out "bullet button" on google, and spend 0.1 seconds to click the search button
>>
>>32695718
I wanted another human being to explain and perhaps provide supplementary information/personal opinions on the subject, not just google.
Oh wait , there it is
>>32695561
>>
>>32690554
I never go to public ranges anymore.

I am quite a tall guy with a long hair and a full beard yet still some childhood scars in my face are quite visible (I fell off a bicycle on a roll of barbed wire face first when I was 7 yo).

My person seems to trigger certain kind of people. Especially if they are with ladies.
>>
>>32692723
ducking out of the way on an obviously unloaded handgun - pussy. Stop being a drama queen.
>>
>>32690430

My Bass Pro is the only place I can find .35 Rem and .300 WBY Mag in my area. They've had some really wildcat shit time to time too.
>>
>>32690000
It's just not good to get in the habit of being comfortable with muzzle sweeping. Yeah you may have cleared it that time but it just leads to complacency.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 160x241px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 160x241px
>>32682690
>mfw i just saw Keenan and Kel checking out Mossberg .22 AR-15's at Cabelas

>this clip sure is weird, what kind of ammo does it shoot?
>>
>>32695763
sounds like you're pretty lucky to still have sight
>>
>>32692862
should have driven the 6 hours
>>
>>32694002
I used to work a parts counter and I know this struggle too. Like you said, almost always women, usually younger ones with cars their parents bought them.

I wrenched for a while too but fortunately it was at a specialty shop where everybody knew what their car was. However, that place had its own set of frustrations and I frequently found myself trying to talk customers out of some meme part or other that they thought they needed.
>>
>>32680655
A true hero.
>>
>>32692963
some do, some don't best to just use the round that your weapon is supposed to fire or is stamped on the side.
>>
>>32695763
It's the height.
I get looks all the time when I'm around people below 6ft 5.

Manlets can't handle it.
And women are hardwired to want a man with power and height is power.
>>
>>32694988
lazy sacks of shit everywhere
>>
>>32690594
>This was said by a technically functioning adult, able to work and exchange the funds earned there to pay for rent and food.

It just happens, just like that. And there's no end to it either.

/k/ has never been good with accepting the dirt of humanity.
>>
>>32685238

Well honestly, I can get that. I mean, I DON'T get how you wouldn't check to make 100% sure with a magnum rifle, but my Mark V in .300 WBY only says ".300 magnum" with weatherby in scroll right above it.

So it does say "Weatherby .300 Mag", but it looks like the gun is saying "I'm a Weatherby, and I shoot .300 Mag"

Not totally out of whack.
>>
>>32695561
or you could just register it as an assault weapon and keep all the evil features
>>
>>32695801
I think so too. My eyesight is quite good.
>>
>>32694063
this is why I'm too scared to buy a gun because I know the gun store employees will judge me for being a loser
>>
>>32695836
Maybe. Could be. I am 6' 6", not fat nor bodybuilder but a "hiker", which is what I like to do.

That's how I got access to private shooting ranges, by meeting other outdoors people out in the wilderness.

And that's how I met my gf too. She's a genuine /an/, kek.
>>
>>32695898
True, except you have to keep your bullet button on, plus the host of other insane limitations such as the state taking it and destroying it once you die.

If I could remove the bullet button once it was registered I'd consider registering ONE of my lowers, but I'm not going to do that just to keep a bullet button that I shouldn't even have to use anyway.
>>
>>32683594
got you guys beat. NW PA. 3 gun shops within 10 min of my house, one run by a vietnam vet marine whos also lives up the street. 2 beer distributors, 2 liquor stores, and 2 bars all within the same distance. only downside is fucky weather.
>>
File: 1324182733369.png (91KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1324182733369.png
91KB, 200x200px
>>32692345
>>
File: 1476901883322.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476901883322.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>32690868
>Federal Bureau of AR Operators

> Current Year
> 2017
> Trump's America
> no Federal Bureau of AR Operators

I don't want to feel this feel anymore.
>>
>>32695785
Remember that cop who shot himself?

Yeah, it's not obvious until you see it yourself.
>>
>>32696048
I bet you also have a backyard to shoot in
>>
>>32686233
That last one sounds comfy, even if it has it's problems.
>>
>>32694642
I'm not one of those fags. I usually try to sell scopes based on what the customer wants and what their trying to put it on.

Got a fuddy-ot-six for durr hunting? I'll usuall recommend like a basic vortex or nikon because they're only gonna take that shit out a couple times a year. They don't need anything Gucci.

If a customer comes in with a surgeon rifle in a fucking AI chassis and plans to shoot 1000 plus yards I'm gonna recommend something nice because the customer obviously has money and wants nice shit.

I bet you buy scopes from Wal-Mart you fucking plebe.
>>
>>32694063
Maybe a little autistic but it's better than some muzzle sweeping tard.
>>
>>32695836
>one of my buddies has basically everything on me except girlfriend, good job, very fit, nice car
>mention the word manlet (he's 5'8 and I'm 6'1) and he fucking detonates
laffing
Doesn't even matter the height difference, just how fucking butthurt he gets about it since he can't do anything about it
>>
>>32695956
Dude, don't let the way you think people see you keep you from buying shit. Everyone is judged all the time 24/7. You need to learn to not give a fuck.
>>
> this whole thread

Too bad I work at gamestop and not a Fudd shop
>>
>>32695956
I was in the industry and won't go back until I work for myself. Trust me...There are plenty of losers behind the gun counter.

Just be nice, safe with guns, and yourself. If they can't handle that they don't need to be in business.
>>
>>32696414
Lol have a shop called fudstop.
>>
>>32696107
fuck yea i do, plus woods and a pond. like to have a few beers and take shots at geese.
>>
>>32689290
10/10 good oc
>>
>>32696468
>There are plenty of losers behind the gun counter.

t. Anyone Who's Ever Gone to a Gun Shop
>>
>>32692011
If I'm reading the form for purchasing firearms correctly, the answer is: depends
the answer lies in how you answer question 12 on a form 4473
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Atf_form_4473-firearms_transaction_record_5300_9revised_0.pdf

the actual question(s) are on page 12 and the explanation is on page 5
>>
>>32696625
oops

meant to type the question is on page 1
>>
>>32681320
The gun rack in the middle of the store with the bolts is really cool, but I never thought of it being used so... poorly.
>>
>>32689109
>>32689121
>>32689725
>>32690493
Not him, but I understand how new people getting into it may feel overwhelmed.

Do all of you know your cpu, motherboard,and gpu brand and model?
>>
>>32696841
Intel core i56600k
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
MSI NVidia 1070
>>
>>32696886
Now how did you learn about it? Did you have to speak to people in real life, or did you learn through the internet?

When buying a gun, the government forces you to have to interact with other people.
>>
>>32696841
I spent 1200$ on all my PC parts, why on Earth would I not be bothered to learn the brands?
I may not know them down to the number of threads, but I know the brand and models

Likewise with a gun, spending 300$ or more on a gun you should easily be able to know the Brand and Model, especially caliber when loading the wrong stuff could easily hurt you badly
>>
>>32696901
Both internet and talking to people that I know have more knowledge about a subject than I.
>>
>>32696943
So you bought and assembled computer parts with no one else around or not? Maybe you're just smarter than me or more prepared, but I just watched tutorials and bought my computer parts and assembled it over the course of a week.

Of course, now that I know what I'm doing, I can assemble a computer in 30 min.

>>32696911
That's fair, I was just trying to bring something up that some of /k/ may not be literate in.

I know that no one is a virtuoso in everything.
>>
>>32696841
AMD FX6300 OCd to about 3.8GHz per core, Gigabyte GA970D3P, Asus GTX970. What's your point?
>>
>>32697034
I think the issue isn't being a virtuoso, but that if you're buying a gun you should know those 3 big things about it. If someone is looking at a M&P I'm not gonna call them a fucking retard for not knowing its the 9mm version, but if they buy it and come in a week later not knowing the caliber then I'm liable to think less of them.

Also not that guy, but when I assembled my computer I just watched a tutorial a couple times then watched it again as I put it together. I was nervous as shit but it wasn't hard, as I'm sure you know.
>>
>>32697034
For picking the parts I asked people

When it came to assembly, I only used youtube tutorials

For picking the parts I asked people
>>
File: 1484452156832.jpg (14KB, 202x439px) Image search: [Google]
1484452156832.jpg
14KB, 202x439px
>>32679867
This

I've had this happen so many God damn times

>guy walks in never owning a gun before
>wants an AR
>fight tooth and nail to sell him an LMT in 308 over a Delton Echo
>get 100 on my next paycheck from selling him an LMT
>"guess I'll need some glass then anon"
>show him some Leopold, vortex, and Trijicons
>"nah anon, I'm looking in the 100 dollar range"
>literally mfw
>looks at a shitty sightmark that's a fixed 4x with a shitty red dot on top
>"oh see that's perfect, it's got two sights and looks exactly like that Trijicon"
>face is all sorts of what
>tell him he just spent 2700 on a new rifle and surely he could spend at least 500 on glass
>"alright, I guess I can go up to 150"

I fucking hate those customers
>>
File: 20170118_172136.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20170118_172136.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>32689425
Fuck you about the 100 year old guns
>>
>>32695869
That's not lazy, they're doing it on purpose. They must have some beef with me not buying from them even though they literally have less than 10 guns in the entire store and no ammo for anything I transfer through them.
>>
>>32696841
>Oh please
I7 2600k 1.3v 4.6ghz
Asus maximus V formula z77
MSI GTX 1080 2,012mhz
All water-cooled.

Any new gun owner can simply spend a day on YouTube and get enough knowledge to buy ammo and use the sights ex.
There isn't an excuse in this age of information.
>>
>>32696841

8 core Intel I7, X99 Deluxe II, dual AMD R9 Furys (air cooled)

There's really no excuse desu. If you're serious about picking up a hobby, there's no excuse to be half assed with the research.
>>
>>32679426
I agree man. I fucking hate any of that racist/sexist shit so whenever I hear 'hurr dur oObama's a Muslim, hurr durr Obama's a nigger I borderline want to get violent."
It's different than when some edgy kid on here is saying it, that doesn't get to me. It's when some fully grown adult actually believes it and starts spewing it everywhere that I start to lose it.
>>
File: 1431468205387.jpg (766KB, 1280x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1431468205387.jpg
766KB, 1280x1714px
>>32696841
If you bought a computer off the shelf to browse the internet, why the fuck would you need to know whats inside?
>the processor is usually labeled on the outside
I don't need to go to the store and buy new RAM or processors every time I use my PC.
I do need to go to the store and buy new bullets every time I want to use my gun.
Your analogy is retarded and so are you.

>for what its worth, I buy all my ammo online because I am not retarded
>>
>>32693509
>dude was nice to you, so that means you cucked him
>>
>>32685182
>yea
>no
Fucking kek the funniest part about these people is imagining the looks on their faces
>>
>>32697448
WTF! you broke it you idiot!
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.