[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, We all know that pump action 12ga shotguns are generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ser_shorty_big.jpg (35KB, 535x401px) Image search: [Google]
ser_shorty_big.jpg
35KB, 535x401px
/k/, We all know that pump action 12ga shotguns are generally reliable, affordable and very useful. What is the WORST pump shotty. I have never seen anyone give proof of breakage. Show me the worst.
>>
>>32678111
Probably something by savage wouldn't last too many Slugs.
>>
I want one of those serbu shorties. They look fun as fuck.
>>
>>32678124
Did you see range day at SHOT, mossberg is coming out with one like it.
>>
>>32678111
Stevens Model 67, usually sold for under 100 dollars at pawn shops if found and there is a reason for that. Ejection is if it feels like it, extraction is if it feels like it, and the hammer cocking when you cycle the action is if it feels like it. Every aspect of what makes it a firearm is a diceroll in regards to if it works or not.
>>
>>32678111
870 and Stevens are worst.
Moss berg is best current.
Old Winchesters are GOAT
>>
>>32678816
Ithaca 37 nigga
>>
>>32678816
> do you even benelli?
>>
>>32678111

whataver the one is that isn't dropsafe and had an especially stiff action, leading to people racking it with the butt against the floor and blowing their own fucking faces off

that one
>>
>>32678111
the Crossfire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5NK0M6HE3Y

The worst current production ones are probably the Iver Johnson's, ASI Pasi1's, ATI GTACPX2's, and RIA marine's. Those are dirt cheap imports you can actually rely on to fail at least once in the first 100 shells. They're all Chinese pot metals except the Rock Island, and you should really expect more from that company but the things are dogshit right now.

The Stevens isn't much higher in quality but some people actually get respectable service out of them. Norinco, IAC, and some of the cheaper Turkish imports like Chiappas are hit and miss.

>>32678816
The Remingtons are not that bad, they just look the worst relative to where they fell from. Mossberg does not make the highest quality pump actions on the market but are probably the best US manufacturer.
>>
A common type of failure on a pump shotgun is the pump handle becoming detached from the rail that it rides on. I did break an Ithaca 37 that way. It was not hard to repair, but it was not a failure that could be field repaired, and the gun was completely inoperable as a result of the failure.

A shotgun like an 870 has two action rails and is therefore a good deal less likely to fail in that manner.
>>
>>32679854

>racking it with the butt against the floor and blowing their own fucking faces off

Sigh.

This was in the USA wasn't it?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.