[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on the P83? Anyone carry it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: p83.jpg (48KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
p83.jpg
48KB, 848x477px
Any thoughts on the P83? Anyone carry it?
>>
>>32677821
Well anon, I may not be the best person to ask as I am a pole-o-phile I can try to give you some info. I own one of these as well as the p-64, and in regards to trigger pull, it's actually usable in double action mode unmodified. One big problem you'll encounter is concealed holsters are difficult to find for it. I checked sizing to the p-64 and I doubt it would work in a p-64 holster. Now if you have a place that makes kydex holsters nearby or a custom holster place then this may be a non issue for you. Another thing people will sometimes mention is these are potentially not drop safe, but personally I don't give a shit. It fills the hands well, better than the p-64, but you lose some of that nice conceal-ability the p-64 gives you. I generally only carry this in winter as the layers make it more comfortable against the body and easier to conceal. 9x18 Snakrov is a fine round and I'd recommend Hornady Critical Defense or Silver Bear JHP if you believe me. They are about as accurate as any makarov and I seem to be able to shoot mine well. Hope that helps anon.
>>
>>32677821
>9x18 Snakrov is a fine round and I'd recommend Hornady Critical Defense or Silver Bear JHP if you believe me

Obligatory:
"Use of Expanding Bullets in Small Defensive Cartridges"
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?c=60&l=product_list

I carry buffalo bore hardcast for this reason.
>>
>>32678086
Not quite sure what a pole-o-phile is, but I heard the p83 has pretty bad slide bite. Is this true?
>>
I have one as well along with a P64 and FEG PA-63, and multiple Makarovs. I would trust my life to any of them except the FEG. It can have some slide hammer bite, the commercial model has a different shaped hammer and is better. Only reason I don't carry any of them is weight. I carry all day everyday and want the lightest gun that I can trust and for me it's a Kahr PM-9. BTW Sportsmans Guide had them on sale for 189 maybe still are.
>>
>>32679755
Never had any bite problems myself, but I will admit that it can be a bit snappy.
>>
File: p83.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
p83.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>32677821

It's larger and heavier than a Glock 26 and the price isn't that great currently, but it's your money
>>
It sure is a lot thinner then a Glock 26. For most people that carry IWB that's the most important dimension.
>>
>>32679909

Specs for the P-83 show 1.2" for the P-83, P-83G, and P-93 with the P83M at 1.3"
The Glock 26 is specced at 1.18" for width
>>
>>32677821
>more expensive than a Makarov
>fires a less powerful cartridge
>same capacity
I'll take my Mak.
>>
At Sportsman's guide the 83 is 189 and the Makarov is 199. They both fire the same 9X18 round. I would prefer a Mak as well because I shoot them better but the 83 is a little thinner and lighter then the Mak because it's stamped instead of milled. Both have horrible double action triggers.
>>
>>32678086

I just bough a P64 for warm weather CC. I do plan on dropping a wolff hammer spring into it though because the double action is shit.

The single action pull is pretty nice and I have smaller hands so it fits me perfectly.
>>
>>32680604

Southern ohio gun has P83s for $239 right now. They're selling Bulgarian Maks for $299
>>
>>32680890
That's about what I paid for mine at Gander.
>>
>>32680604
costs less than a Makarov and shoots the same cartridge

you clearly know nothing
>>
>>32680877
Dont dick around with the springs if you like youre SA pull. If you make the DA lighter the SA will become lighter.

I dont see why people have an issue carrying condition 3. In a situation where you would need to pull your gun, would you rather have shot placement or speed with a sub 9mm luger caliber? 9mm mak is almost a .380. And that shit needs shot placement. Idk bout you guys but i prefer to use the excellent SA trigger to hit accurately vs a modified to 14lbs trigger and have a chance of hitting a non vital. It takes literally 1 second to pull the slide back and fire once you bring the gun up for sight picture.
>>
>>32681400
You should fire more than one shot anyways.
>>
>>32678086
>>32680877
Anyone have any experience putting the P64 on half safe? You can move the safety to disengage the trigger but keep the hammer cocked.
>>
>>32680890
I keep seeing SOG thrown around on here but they only take orders from FFLs, how do you buy something from them if you aren't licensed?
>>
>>32680120
Measured at which points though
>>
>>32681400
Condition zero is condition hero, anon
>>
>>32679014
Fucking gel tests?

There are plenty of .380 JHP that penetrate >12" through ballistics gel with a barrier... That article states opinions on what theoretically might happen as I imagine it would...

Everything in that article is literally made up.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#380ACP
>>
>>32684726
"Lightweight mushrooming 32 ACP or 380 ACP bullets, may in fact kill or stop violent attackers, but under worse case scenarios as outlined above, they can be very ineffective. If I am trying to stop a 300+lb drugged up, violent attacker with a 380 ACP, I want a bullet that can get deep and do a lot of damage at the same time. Flat nosed solid bullets do that. Typical old style round nosed FMJ bullets tend to slip and slide through living tissue and as they do this, they can get sideways and loose penetration - never mind they don't do a lot of damage as they slip and slide. Flat nosed solid bullets tend to cut/smash through material doing a lot of damage and that cutting/smashing action keeps the bullet nose forward, creating the potential for much deeper penetration than a round nose bullet. For more information on this, read our "technical Info" on the 380 ACP or 32 ACP shopping carts."

This paragraph right here tells me that even the dumbest /k/ommando knows more about ballistics than this fucking retard.
>>
>>32684769
"The current 380 auto frangible ammo delivers a large amount of surface trauma, but lacks serious penetration. For example, if you shot me or another sane man in the face with modern frangible 380 ammo, it would blow off a big portion of my cheek and send a few teeth down my throat, I would undoubtedly fall to the ground in shock and pain, but I would be very much alive and functional if I could get past the shock and pain as that frangible bullet would have stopped some where inside my face, never making it to my brain. However, if you shot a drugged up maniac in the face with that same frangible 380 ammo and blew half his cheek off, he would keep right on coming because he is insane and is not thinking like you or I. Plus, he is likely pain free and fear free and wont know that half his cheek is missing and if he did know, he would not care. So whatever 380 ammo you shoot him in the face with, had better go through his face and blow his brain stem out the back of his head, because only a CNS (central nervous system) hit with a 380 is going to stop him. Likewise, a torso hit to the sternum needs to penetrate deep enough to blow all the way through his spine in order to shut him down spontaneously. If you fail to shut him down instantly, you and your loved ones are going to have to find a way to survive while you wait for him to bleed out and pass out. The best chance of survival for you and your family is to shut down the attacker instantly. So, we've designed a few 380 auto +P loads to keep you and your loved ones alive under the worst of scenarios."

Now hes just being retarded.
>insinuating a .380 hornady critical defense won't penetrate a fucking skull...
>as if .22 doesn't penetrate a fucking skull!
>>
>>32679851
>P-83
>200 Approx
>Bad price point
Wat?
>>
>>32684834
>insinuating a .380 hornady critical defense won't penetrate a fucking skull...
>as if .22 doesn't penetrate a fucking skull!

Go ask my dad. It fractured his skull and it stained the deck, but he's still pretty damn alive. When it comes to defending yourself you don't really want to play minimum statics

That being said, I've carried a double stack 380 for years and I'm confident in its ability if I do my part.
>>
>>32677821
9x18 is unnecessarily expensive and unnecessarily hard to find.
>>
>>32679755
I only have about 100 rounds through mine, but haven't had any slide bite, yet. I do agree about it being snappy.

>>32683884
SOG might've been that way at one time, but they've changed. My dad ordered a Henry from them, and I got one of those surplus Berettas. Both transactions worked the same way as Aim or Classic.
>>
I just bought 10 50 round boxes of brass cased 9X18 for 12.50 each. More then 9mm, sure but what isn't, and very easy to find with any search engine.
>>
>>32679755
Like how. You can see from picture that you can't grip it high enough.
>>
>>32687137
In US probably. In P-land not so much.
>>
>>32687137
It cost the same as 9x19 and is everywhere what are you talking about
>>
File: Radom_P64.jpg (3MB, 2672x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Radom_P64.jpg
3MB, 2672x2004px
just get this and pocket carry it (after a trigger job)
>>
>>32692590
Ya right, Poland is worse than CA for gun laws
>>
>>32692790
Once you get past getting permit (which takes time and money but is doable even if you are not super wealthy), you can get almost everything, even stuff that while availbe in the US would require cuckstamp (SBR/S; up to 20mm caliber).

Only thing unavaible to commoners is fullauto, but again with time and money you can get it.

Real problem with P-land is that you can't just go out and buy something, you have to take paper from police that say that is legal for you to own it. Also no online sales.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.