[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Theoretical Weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 042312_machine_gun_quadrotor_t.jpg (31KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
042312_machine_gun_quadrotor_t.jpg
31KB, 300x250px
I love automation and logistics. In that love, I'v discovered a few theoretical weapon ideas that could essentially alter the battle field forever if deployed.

Here, we only post theoretical weapons that could be really developed. I'll start.

Real Life Aimbot

Facial recognition technology allows to tell who someone is through analysis. Thanks to google, it's very possible today to at least recognize a living human or not. Because of this, areas of "no access zones" may be created with a machine that can travel over terrain very swiftly and instantly recognize a person within a "set area", opening fire on a human. It would be a real live aimbot and if deployed, would be only stoppable with electromagnetic pulse.
>>
I think a small silent disposable explosive quad would be better. look at the races they have with those tiny drones in TV. you just smack someone with the drone and blow them off with a directional charge.
>>
The technology needed to create killer drones has been around for some time now.
>>
>>32677269
apparently prisoners use them to smuggle things into prison
>>
>>32677127
Trapwire Surveillance System. Has been in full use for years now. Useful in camera infested places, including your smartphone and every smartphone around you. So here's your homing system. Then just choose what kind of love will be sent homing.
>>
>>32677127
just build something and STFU
>>
>>32677127
Most of these are illegal.

t. Geneva Convention
>>
>>32678296
>Geneva and Hague convention agreements
>most asswiped pieces of papers in modern history
>>
>>32678387
whaddya mean?
>>
File: 1453237567949.jpg (39KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453237567949.jpg
39KB, 600x576px
>>32677127
>would be only stoppable with electromagnetic pulse.
>implying it wouldn't be EM shielded like literally everything
>implying the only way to stop a guntruck is a fucking EMP
>implying I couldn't fabricobble an EFP and blow the thing to shit
>IMPLYING I COULDN'T JUST WEAR A FUCKING MASK

You people are idiots, you want constant area denial? Fine, you set up a minefield like a normal fucking human being.

But by all means, overanalyze and overengineer the simplest of problems, I'm sure you can build, test, and deploy this cost effectively and in sufficient quantities.
>>
File: 1483682608695.gif (713KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1483682608695.gif
713KB, 420x420px
>>32678296
>t. Geneva Convention
loldidn'tsign.jpg
>>
>>32678387
so was using shotguns for war, but then people still did it, now it's not.
>>
>>32678296
It's the Hague you dipshit. Geneva only deals with how POW's are to be handled
>>
>>32678499
Not that I agree with these twats but there is a good reason minefields aren't widely deployed anymore. It's expensive to clean up and just leaving them there is a sure way to get humanitarian orgs all in a huff. 'actual' drones have served as pretty good area denial considering you can't really see them. Just knowing they're there and can blow you to bits any moment is sometimes enough. Still, some form of hard area denial that isn't mines would be good
>>
>>32678510
>mfw when you country is "theoretically" allowed to produce cluster bombs and AP-mine layers
>>
>>32681822
It's less that mines are a good solution, it's just that a facial recognition robot is a hilariously bad one.
>>
File: lazy susan turret.png (13KB, 1117x391px)
lazy susan turret.png
13KB, 1117x391px
It shoots fast because of recoil and it's painted red
>>
>>32677127

http://pascaleggert.de/EPIC_ITF.html Done
>>
File: A-SDRT-EOD-3a.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
A-SDRT-EOD-3a.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
>>32677127

Instead of sending real life human beans into an urban combat zone (i.e, fallujah) send armed unmanned ground vehicles controlled remotely to clear out buildings etc before the infantry arrives.

Basically like a robot on tracks with a rifle and a device to kick in doors. Also theyll have a small amount of explosive so if one becomes disabled, it can blow itself up so the enemy can't capture it.

Basically like pic related but with a gun turret on it that can move in all directions and a camera with a 180 degree panoramic view
>>
>>32683085
That's been a thing for a very long time, and it hasn't gotten any less stupid.
>>
>>32677127

>get 5.56 NATO ball cartridge
>drill a hole in the bullet
>like some sort of "hollow point" bullet
>kill the fuck out of people
>>
>>32683133

Genuinely curious here-what's stupid about it
>>
>>32678408

>taliban
>adhering to Geneva convention and Hague convention

If the u.s didn't have to adhere to stupid rules and laws regarding warfare we would have been in and out of Iraq in a year and afghan in 2 years

Anything should go in warfare
>>
>>32683174
Losing situational awareness until its essentially like looking through a tank slit, signal time delays, sensitive to just about all damage including small arms, expensive as fuck, difficult to maintain. Why go through all that if you can just send in grunts that will do the same job better, because they are better trained than goat farmers. If it was worth it it would have been done by now.
>>
>>32677127
If you have to optimize it for working in low light conditions, wouldn't you also be optimizing it to be better at shooting black people?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.