[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW and relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: .40.jpg (64KB, 800x677px) Image search: [Google]
.40.jpg
64KB, 800x677px
My SO wants to get a CCW this year and I'm fine with him having the permit. We have also stored guns in a lock box and I'm fine with them in the house or locked in the car and actually enjoy shooting ranges and have been quite a few times.

I'm not against guns, but I'm against him carrying one with him all the time. He already carries a knife and I'm also fine with that. There are just so many ways and possible accidents I can envision happening and where we live, the chance of him actually needing it are very slim.

I'm also fine with him occasionally bringing the gun if we are going somewhere where it is more likely that it might be needed, but feel like him carrying it with him on a dinner date with me or to the grocery store is unnecessary. I brought it up to him and it sounds like it might be a big problem between us.

I know this is a subreddit where it's hard to see my side, since it's irrational. I'm not worried about him handling it safety, I just think it's unnecessary and bringing a small chance of danger into a situation where it's not needed. I'm not sure what I want out of this post, but have any of you dealt with this? Was there a compromise that worked for you? Do you have any advice?
>>
>>32672152
pasta soon?
>>
>>32672152
Think of it this way: Lax gun laws only work when law-abiding citizens carry guns. The more citizens are always armed, the better.

The victims of the theater shooting in Aurora thought they were just going out for a quick movie night.

It's really not a small chance of danger at all, if your SO isn't a moron. People get robbed in mundane situations. Probably the most common place people need to draw their CC is at a convenience store robbery, which is the quickest little trip of all.
>>
>>32672152
obviously terrible bait, but there's an easy solution:
>do you also only wear your seatbelt when you expect a crash?
>>
>>32672152
>I'm also fine with him occasionally bringing the gun if we are going somewhere where it is more likely that it might be needed
wrong
carry all the time
quit being a tard
>>
>>32672152
holy shit this is actually a decent subtle bait

but you arent getting us this time anon

some people actually post shit like this, but luckily the mention of LEDDIT makes it pretty fucking cancerously obvious

in short, kill yourself
>>
sad thing i bet this was actually said on reddit
>>
>>32672152
>>32673809
Anyone know which subreddit this was? I want to see the responses
>>
>>32674329
i googled it

i honestly have never been to reddit and dont know how to navigate the site, but -

https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/5o6aor/ccw_and_relationships/
>>
>>32674373
Based anon

thanks
>>
I've only ever seen the opposite angle from girls that were into me.
>you have guns, so that means if we get jumped downtown you can shoot them, right?
then I'd have to explain that because of libcucks I could get in trouble if I carried any of my guns and I have to rely on other methods of kebab removal if we get attacked by somalians or arabs. they always seem a little disappointed.
>>
>>32672152

Word for word a post from Reddit yesterday.

Are you the same bitch or is this some troll copy pasta?

WHO BITCH DIS IS?
>>
>>32674373
>You don't carry because of the odds, you carry because of the stakes

risk assessment 101
>>
File: Rainbow_on_the_flag_rainbow_iwb.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_on_the_flag_rainbow_iwb.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
stop being a gay faggot

get two of pic related

carry all the time ALL THE TIME (except the post office)

enjoy being butt buddies

survive chimpouts
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.