[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Firearma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (34KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 475x352px
Greetings /k/
Im new to this board, and I was gifted a (new) mossberg maverick 88, and a ruger LCR (.38 Special)
My question is: Do I need to clean them before I shoot them? How bad would it be if I shot them before a preliminary cleaning?
>>
Shameless bump.
Apologies in advance if I come across as a Pleb.
>>
The most they could use is a light wipedown with a slightly oiled cloth to get off any factory gunk. But desu probably not even that much. Neither shotguns or revolvers are very picky about cleaning and any cleaning you do will be more for your own piece of mind than for the sake of the weapons.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 612x574px
>>32672264
Much appreciated, friend.
>>
How do you like the lcr? I'm considering an lcrx copper cylinder for 380.
>>
>>32672104
I know nothing about shotguns but the lcr would slightly benefit from running a lubed up cleaning patch down the bore and hit that part where the frame and the wheel interface (the 5 point star looking thing behind where you put the bullets).

Honestly though you just could shoot them both without lubing them and not worry about it, this would be more of a preventative oiling.

Be safe, have fun shooting, and welcome to /kay/ faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>32672329
I will do that with the lcr.
Thanks, friendo
>>
>>32672320
Lcr seems really solid over all, according to what Ive read so far. (I havent fired yet as I stated in OP) Im pretty sure you can get it in a .357, but .38 special will do the job in most situations.
>>
Shotguns tend to be damned filthy from the factory in my experience. They have very low tolerances so the gunk isn't going to stop them from cycling but it's worth it to lube the hammer, rails, and bolt carrier. They are pretty simple to break down.
>>
>>32672320
I'm currently looking at it as well. Getting different grips as well.
>>
>>32672320
Buddy has a lcr in .38, it's breddy gud. Not really a wheelgun guy but if I wanted a snubby it would be either an lcr or prelock S&W.
>>
>>32672104
Make sure they're not coated in dust, sand ect. Make sure the barrels and cylinders are clear, and lube parts where there are wear marks or where the action moves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.