[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Electromagnetic Plasma Rifle Test Fire" Real or Hoax

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: big_1447467208_image.jpg (81KB, 1280x793px) Image search: [Google]
big_1447467208_image.jpg
81KB, 1280x793px
Ok, so I was goofing off on Youtube because I have no life and stumbled across this video. Supposedly he has a "double helix rail gun" that fires plasma bolts.

I'm pretty sure it's a hoax t but I want /k/'s advise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrQciFL0ig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLCHKb20zI
>>
>>32672027
Oh, and it supposedly can penetrate 3/8th inch AR500 steel.
>>
>>32672027
why would this be a hoax?

there are kids on youtube that make rail guns

this is essentially a "lightbulb" launching rail gun
>>
>>32672027
>>32672087
though the sound and penetration are definitely a hoax

i could see it penetrating a pumpkin but thats it

if it were really that potent he'd have gotten snatched up to work for raytheon long ago
>>
>>32672122
why lmao
>>
>>32672200
Not the anon you're replying too, but...
>gun that can fire gas like a star wars gun and rip through metal
>>
>>32672200
the capacitor bank for it would have to be massive to get that level of performance

watch any other rail gun video on youtube and you'll see how large they get just to penetrate car doors and the like
>>
>>32672219
did you even watch the video

it's neon gas in a fucking glass bulb in front of a copper projectile

It's just a fucking homemade railgun man, it's not unrealistic or unbelievable at all. The reason we aren't using this shit today is because the rails melt and it can't fire a lot at a time, rendering it impractical.

also
>fire gas like a star wars gun
>>
>>32672247
can you link me some of those videos because I'm really lazy Tbh
>>
>>32672248
I did, but did you?

He made the claim that the neon gas turns into plasma and rips through AR500 steel plate like paper.

Ok fine, Star Wars blasters work a tad bit differently, but you get my point.
>>
>>32672263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMT97bqaOdM
>>
I'm almost certain this is a regular rifle shoved into a boxy stock that's got space to hold the light bulb.

I've seen a hobby railgun that would shoot a 1" slug about eight inches into ballistics gel, but that had a capacitor bank that took up the back of a car, and wasn't anywhere near that loud, or small.

Also, if you're shooting plasma at a target, you need to have a way to contain the plasma because it'll dissipate really quickly, and it's only really viable in a vacuum.
>>
>>32672280
>He made the claim that the neon gas turns into plasma

thats how lightbulbs work

>rips through AR500 steel plate like paper.

i can promise you it didn't. if it had he would be showing multiple videos and giving offers to sell.

also i think its a real rifle with a case around it
>>
flash of a gunshot, sound of a gunshot, must be a normal gunshot
>>
>>32672027
its literall a rail gun that shoots rounds filled with noble gas that upon receiving an electrical charge are supposed to become "phased"

Is it a plasma rifle? No.

Is it a cool ass rail gun? You bet your shaven twink ass it is buckaroo
>>
>>32672027
Watch from 1:23 to 1:25 of the day time video. There is muzzle blast coming out the bottom. That's rather strange given that he's loading this thing into the back of the rifle. Also, copper jackets are really that potent in terms of magnetics, but I don't know much about it so I might just me talking about ferromagnetic material.

It's likely just a gun stuffed into a box. Possibly something intermediate given the low recoil and decent penetration. Please see the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMYkEMhPsO8
>>
>>32672280
come on lad

>>32672297
thanks family

looks like this guy's probably full of shit

why would you lie tho?
>>
>>32672322
That's my point, it would sell like hot cakes if it actually worked IRL.

So yeah, it's probably a fake.
>>
>>32672384
Aren't potent*

Also, given a look at some of his other stuff, the dude making this has experiencing hiding guns in other shit to make them look cool. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but it's fake as fuck.
>>
File: 1461173059543.png (141KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1461173059543.png
141KB, 500x392px
>>326720
That's just a fucking 16 or 20 gauge shotgun in a plastic housing.

Fake and gay.
>>
>>32672027
I noticed when I was playing it in .25 speed, right around before firing in the second video, theres like a big blob forming around the guys outline, video gets darker in a weird way. I wonder what that could be.
>>
>>32672027
It's a gun in a Tau-esque box.
>>
File: No.png (297KB, 694x360px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
297KB, 694x360px
No way this thing has the power to punch through steel like he's saying. Probably a ploy for views.

First off, how is he getting this much power? He's not charging it externally, the power isn't part of the projectile, and the way he casually lifts it and doesen't handle like the stock is fuckoff heavy suggests it's not batteries, so where's the power? This thing should have external power or be north of twenty pounds. Plus, if this is a one-off prototype, why is the outside one solid housing? Every prototype and experimental project I've ever seen or worked on had access panels every-fucking-where because you constantly had to swap out parts or adjust the internals.

Secondly is the dodgy video quality, which I imagine is to hide the dodgy-ass SFX pyro they're blurring out. Who the fuck doesen't have a 1080 camera? Most phones can fucking do that. The daytime video's editing is more blatant than the second one, but why are the most sparks coming from *behind* the target?

The dude stumbles around the explanation, with tons of filler words, he's completely talking out of his ass and dodging the details. If he built this thing from the ground up, shouldn't he know literally everything about it? You'd think he'd give at least a slightly more verbose explanation. Hell, even hickhock explains how the internals work on his weapons more than this guy.

Plus, the target damage shown is inconsistent with the kind of weapon/projectile they're claiming they've made. If it's got the power to punch through a pumpkin and THEN through both sides of a steel barrel with enough power to produce sparks, the pumpkin would be fucking soup.

Everything about these videos is wrong and fake.
>>
>>32672398
>Why would someone lie on the internet.
If you send 200 USD to my paypal I'll tell you everything you need to know anon. Much promise.
>>
>>32672122
>if it were really that potent he'd have gotten snatched up to work for raytheon long ago

>What is MARAUDER
>>
Rails in a double helix? That sounds pretty difficult for something he's shooting 15 yards
>>
>>32673720
dunno

what is marauder?
>>
>>32673822
Didn't know that was a thing till now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER
>>
>>32673822

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARAUDER
>>
>>32672027
call me when the Gatlin Gun verson is out

full auto railgun is my GOD given right
>>
>>32672307
the only way to contain the plasma, other than in a physical container, is through an electromagnetic field, since plasma is ionized.

but trying to make that field extend all the way to the target and stay with the plasma is not doable.
>>
It literally says on the side "phased plasma rifle 40 watt range".
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.