[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you allowed to go camping with guns in stated other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Are you allowed to go camping with guns in stated other than your own? Like I live in Nj so no gun camping here, but can I bring an 870 to camp in NY or Pennsylvania so I don't get killed by skin walkers?
>>
>>32671958
Horrible laws. Oregon anon here. Our BLM laws are...Retarded but I don't think anyone enforces them. NF lands have always been good locations but these days they like to infringe on target shooting and protection by removing rules from their website or physically posting anything. In my area they say nothing for or against so...Fuck em.

In your case I would check to see if your state laws only regulate state parks, as I'm thinking this is probably the case. Typically, unless a state is hardcore anti gun, state legislators have no say in NF lands. It's up to the area command. Is BLM the same way? I have no idea.
>>
>>32671958
>870 to camp in NY or Pennsylvania
There is not much public land in PA that you camp on outside of improved campsites. You're governed by the rules of the campsite and the game code. Walking around the woods of PA with a loaded rifle is a good way to get cited for hunting out of season or hunting without a license. You don't need to fire a shot to be convicted of hunting without a license.
>>
>>32671958
>Living in a shit State

Calling you guys New England really is appropriate.
>>
>>32672106
Not op but that's Bull. From crazy people to dispursed camping deep inna woods, a person should not be stereotyped for having protection. *Trump voice* horrible decision.
>>
>>32672165
You can't just innawoods camp in a state park or national historical site. camping on the AT is limited to designated camp sites. You can innawoods camp in the allegheny natl forest but there are some rules about how far you have to be from a water source. So, yeah, if you're coming from NJ you can't just camp anywhere in valley forge, french creek or, the delaware gap.
>>
>>32672356
furthermore, you can't transport a loaded rifle in your vehicle or any vehicle you're riding in or on in PA. You'll have a hard time finding private campsites that will allow firearms. If you plan on using the AT shelters and you're not a through hiker, prepare to be confronted and if you don't yield to trail etiquette, expect a sleepless night.
>>
>>32671958
I live in PA and have been camping/hiking on state lands and old coal lands since I was like 10. I am 30 now. I used to go out with .22s on old coal land and plink with friends. Probably can't do that now so much.

Still, I carry handguns when I am on the AT or hiking anywhere.

Seems like everything is getting tighter with laws and people protecting their property(I get that, but the good old days seem to be gone).
>>
>>32672444

Confronted by who? I have never been confronted by anyone on the AT other than hikers.
>>
>>32672476
Take a shelter when you're not a thru hiker and the others who are there, and camping outside, will make sure to make a shit ton of noise all night and early in the morning to make sure you don't sleep. Trail etiquette is that thru hikers always get the shelters.
>>
File: 1448320655244.jpg (69KB, 800x744px) Image search: [Google]
1448320655244.jpg
69KB, 800x744px
>>32672118

>thinking NJ is part of New England
>not realizing extremely based Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire are actually New England
>>
>>32672570
as is Massachusetts.
>>
>>32672491

Ah, got ya.

One time we found about 3 60 year old couples partying in one who must have got dropped off at a trail down the mountain and hiked half a mile up. Beer, air mattresses, music. Wanted to kill them.
>>
>>32672645
Massachusetts isn't all that based.
>>
>>32672570
Who the fuck taught you Geography?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.