[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Butterfly knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: butterfly.jpg (38KB, 1042x581px) Image search: [Google]
butterfly.jpg
38KB, 1042x581px
Hi /k/, first time postan here.

I've read the sticky and I know butterflies are not good EDC knives, but my gf goes absolutely nuts for them.

Her birthday is soon and I was considering giving one to her as a present. Truth is I have absolutely no clue of what brands are good or what to look for, so I turn to you for help.

I think 30 yuros is sensible for a decent knife, I don't want anything over the top, but nothing that would break instantly either.

I live in Spain, if it's any help. Here there is a pretty big knife industry in Toledo and Albacete, but I suspect they're in it to sell gimmicky swords and other medieval memorabilia.

send help
>>
You wont get a good one for 30.

Bear and son are ok but not good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/balisong/comments/4r6eqs/squidmasters_balisong_price_guide_2016_edition/

Best ones pretty much listed. Then theres microtech metalmarks that are ok priced and come in fun colors too, maybe shell like one of those.
>>
Any bali under 100 will break and get stuck in someones eye. You can get a bradley kimura for around 100 on reddit knife_swap or bladeforums if youre lucky and act fast. Post in the " want to buy thread " for one of those.
>>
>>32667508
>Bear and son

See? Those prices are more reasonable. I mean I get it won't be an amazing knife, but if I had to give her a chef's knife I wouldn't go to a fucking temple in Okinawa and get it there.

Any more "ok but not good"?
>>
File: 1873 Morton balisong.jpg (40KB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
1873 Morton balisong.jpg
40KB, 450x259px
>>32667129
>I know butterflies are not good EDC knives

That was their original purpose you dumbass.
>>
>>32668030
I know, but sticky says so. I thought it'd be the general consensus in /k/
>>
>>32668068
The sticky's way outdated and the general consensus in /k/ is very often wrong because much of /k/ doesn't know jack shit and only comes here for memes.

Back on topic, go with Bear and Son, they're the only reasonable game in town now that the Bradley Kimura balisongs aren't being made anymore. If you can find a Kimura then go with that but don't get your hopes up.
>>
File: faca.jpg (342KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
faca.jpg
342KB, 1024x640px
>>32668138
Yeah but those brands are 'Murrican.

Spain is a country where people have been murdering each other with knives for centuries, I'm pretty sure there must be a decent one around here.

(I know you guys know mostly about American brands. Maybe some obscure japanese forge)
>>
>>32667129
Do you hate your gurlfriend op?buying her a shit knife will fall apart and reault in injury?you must hate her.
>>
>>32668208
Well the flips fell in love with the balisong, so maybe try something from the old empire. Either that or see if a local knifemaker has anything.
>>
File: JcDGTpW.jpg (65KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
JcDGTpW.jpg
65KB, 700x500px
They're pretty reasonable carry knives if the lock works correctly, very easy to open and close with one hand and a reasonable length without any buttons or internal locks. There are models with pocket clips but I wouldn't bother with that myself. You should just avoid the cheap ass Chinese versions. I'd spring for a Benchmade but I don't really want my most expensive knife to be a little balisong.
>>
You won't find a decent live blade balisong for less than $100. But if she's okay with a trainer get her a BBBarfly, they're $25 and you can customize the shit out of them. For the price they're well buiilt and if she's careful with it should last several months to a year. By then she can decide whether or not she wants to take the step up to get a real balisong.
>>
>>32668456
If I give my gf a trainer instead of a real knife, she'll stab me... with the trainer.
>>
>>32667536
Nigga Bradley's weren't $100 when they were around.
>>
>>32667536
What a fucking ripoff! For the price of those knives, I can fly to Flipland and purchase a jungle balisong and fuck a Flip hooker.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.