[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 45

File: 1452139552660.png (35KB, 475x122px) Image search: [Google]
1452139552660.png
35KB, 475x122px
/meg/ Military Enlistment Containment General
Lying edition
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
If you are not/were not infantry, then your value as a servicemember is/was measurably less than someone who is/was infantry.
>>
>>32666930
If I got put in a room and was told I had to kill one of two individuals present and the choice was between a DEBIL DOG 0311 and the guy who managed my paycheck/bennies, I'd shoot the Marine in a heartbeat.
>>
File: 20170116_050118.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_050118.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
FFL-hopeful anon here. I told you guys I would update you. Ive been in Paris for a week now and I'm enjoying my last bit of freedom. Some scammers tried to get me to pay 10 euro for a piece of fucking string at montemartre yesterday. One of them grabbed my wrist and refused to let go even after I squared up and looked him in the eye and told him "ne touche pas mon bras". He still didn't let go so I moved my wrist backwards which drew him towards me, and then did a textbook leg sweep on him and put him on his ass. Him and his buddies started screaming at me and I didn't feel comfortable turning my back on em at that point so I just backed away from them and found an alternate route up hill.

Other than that Paris has been awesome. Ive been running along the south side of the Seine every morning, starting at Notre Dame and running to the eiffel tower and then turning around and running back to Notre Dame. I think its about 5-5.5 miles.

Pic related is the view from the room I'm renting. Its a shoebox, 190 sq. ft. and its on the seventh floor with no elevator. But its got its own shower and toilet so its really all I need. Really cheep too, 30 euro per night.
>>
>>32667169
Had the same experience bro. If you're ever near Montmartre again, watch and wait for the gendarmes to show up. Those string-sellers RUN.
>>
>>32666930

>MFW I did more valuable work from my office on my own than the entire infantry BN next door.

>MFW they never did anything except clean their motorpool for my entire enlistment.

>MFW I have no face.
>>
>>32667222
That sounds choice as fuck actually, be a janitor for them bennies while broing out and occasionally going to the range and camping.
>>
>>32667261

>Getting paid more for my comfy office job.
>Getting more time off since I'm not standing around until 1900 every day.

I went to the range and got to go camping more than they did, without the Army fucking it up with stupid field bullshit.

The Army's most incredible feat is that it can somehow make going to the range not fun.
>>
Just submitted my picat, going in for a confirmation test tomorrow or wednesday because MLK day.

Really sucks i can't see my score until my recruiter tells me.
>>
>>32667423
Where did you take it at? I took it 3 weeks ago at meps and got my scores before i left the building.
>>
>>32666955
Jokes on you Marines don't die we just regroup in Hell. Have you never played Doom?
>>
>>32667714
It's picat so i did it at home. My recruiter thought that since i did good on my EST he'd let me do it at home as long as i promised not to cheat so i can save a couple of hours at meps.
>>
>>32667735
Ah, i guess just either give him a call or head up there and get your scores.
>>
>>32667748
Yeah he texted me back and said that the recruitment office and meps is closed today so they haven't filed my result yet, so i'll know tomorrow i think.

Just sucks spending almost 2 hours taking a test and not getting a result.
>>
File: 1458411887392.jpg (1018KB, 800x2533px) Image search: [Google]
1458411887392.jpg
1018KB, 800x2533px
>>32667796
hey man, you made the choice to take it at home, Had you taken it at meps, the moment you finished the moral test ( the second one you took) youd get your scores.
>>
>>32667824
Yeah i know it's my choice, genius. I still prefer to have taken it today rather than in a couple of weeks at MEPS. It speeds things along. I just want to know what i scored. And i'll find it out a lot faster doing it from home than i would if i did it at MEPS so your point is completely invalid.
>>
Daily reminder to know your MOS before you ship.
>>
>>32667845
haha, maybe where you took it buddy. here where i am we have 2 tests a week at meps.

You obviously have the right attitude for the army.
>>
Just a random question, what's the oldest a man can reasonably be and still be operational in combat arms? someone mentioned in another thread there are salty old SGMs in Delta Force who still kick ass and it got me curious.
>>
>>32667862
I'm just stating the facts from my point of view, i don't know or care what your circumstances are/were.

Since you're obviously eager to share please tell me all about your life.
>>
File: 766.png (79KB, 753x356px) Image search: [Google]
766.png
79KB, 753x356px
>>32666930

Tfw pmos 19d and smos 11b

I am a new kind of warfighter...

CAV INFANTRY
>>
>>32667920
You are a child. You complain about the time it takes. Then say you knew it would be faster than meps. WHY not shut up and wait and not complain at all.

Whiny child.
>>
>>32667169

Good luck lad.
>>
>>32667954
I'm groaning about something that affects my personal life because i'm bored and not because it's really that big of a deal. Only reason i bother to reply to your tantrums is because it's funny.

You're sperging out about anonymous posts on 4chan. So in a way your autistic tantrum helps me make time flow faster to find out my score. Thanks.
>>
Any frenchfags in the army here?
>>
Anyone with Army enlistment questions?
>>
File: lR8O47O.jpg (918KB, 3360x2240px) Image search: [Google]
lR8O47O.jpg
918KB, 3360x2240px
Guys, I can't decide between being a tanker (army) or some branch of intelligence (navy or air force). I'll have a bachelor's degree when I enlist if it matters. What do?
>>
>>32667261
this post makes me want to be infantry so bad. I'm a civilian LEO and all I do is fucking crash reports all day long. I wouldn't mind just PTing and being a janitor/landscaper every day desu if it weren't for the massive pay cut I'd have to take.
>>
>>32668010
Yea you are projecting pretty hard buddy.
just stop whining and literally wait the one day you said it was gonna take.
>>
>>32668370
You can do Intel outside the military, but you'll only ever tank in the military.
>>
>>32668370
Intel can get you a job after the military, tanking can't.

Also intel has a lot more cozy office time doing online college and less sitting in a stinking sweaty metal box.
>>
>>32666879
Leaving to Navy basic to become a nuke in less than a month how fucked am I?
>>
>>32668010
Shut the fuck up you little bitch and wait without shitting up the thread
>>
I'm going up to meps in a few days, I got a 92 on the PICAT. I'm trying to decide on going nuke or CTR, which one is better?
>>
>>32668724
NEVER go nuke
>>
>>32668724
For rates like nuke you should try to ask people who are actually nukes now or have been nukes before. Here you'll just hear how it's the worst thing in the world from people who have never done it
>>
>>32668711
No.
>>
File: ranger-school[1].jpg (75KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
ranger-school[1].jpg
75KB, 500x304px
Got slotted for Ranger in July. Besides drinking water, what should I study/work on the most?
>>
>Discord invite
>>
>>32668890
I haven't been to school, but I know people. They were all studs. Be a stud I guess.
>>
>>32669094
I'm a nasty girl and had to do a selection program through our state. I was graded 2nd out of 32, so I think I'm in a good place. I just don't know shit about infantry and need to get a leg up.
>>
File: 1477769830417.png (286KB, 949x2587px) Image search: [Google]
1477769830417.png
286KB, 949x2587px
>>32668724
>>32668741
>>32668787
CTR is well known as one of the best rates in the whole military and NUKE as one of the very worst. No brainer. Read pic.
>>
What do you guys think, what is the age limit to join the Army, with the goal to join SOF? I'm not asking what is the age limit, I'm asking that what do you think, what should be the maximum age to JOIN the army. I want to get my bachelor's degree first, and other things, before I join the Army, and my goal is to join the SOF. But I don't know if i should join when I'm 26, or should I join WAAAAY before.
>>
>>32669366
>ot asking what is the age limit, I'm asking that what do you think, what should be the maximum age to JOIN the army. I want to get my bachelor's degree first
Literally why? Once you get out you can use the gi bill to get it for free.
Also age doesnt matter so long as youre in great shape and fully committed.
>>
Posted this yesterday, but ig it was too late. If I drop out of buds (not planning too, just want a back up) can I go do some spoopy shit? Does the navy have HUMINT? I couldn't find any solid info.
>>
>>32669770
No, it's needs of the navy
>>
>>32669770
Forgot to mention, I took the afqt back in high school and got a 99, would that give me pick of rates or would I get forced into some utter bullshit like nuke
>>
>>32668371

Only a pay cut until you get BAH/BAS. Enlisted make more than LEOs on average.
>>
>>32668579
The difference being if you go intel you might actually intel.

If you go tank, you're probably never gonna tank.
>>
>>32669366

You're going to meet a girl and get fat in college, then not join.

That's just how it goes, anon, it's happened to tens of thousands of dudes before you. A tiny tiny percentage of them still want to enlist by the time they're done with school.
>>
>turn 18
>get a call center job selling credit cards to people
>fall for the kool aid and destroy my own credit

i know it's my fault; is bad credit basically an automatic disqualification? i'm looking at air force and i've read that it messes with your clearance levels, but do they drag you through shit from the start?
>>
someone tell me about MCT (SOI east)
>>
>>32667722
You just left the Depot didn't you? Secure that motivation and don't forget to take boot pics so we can laugh at you on JTOTS.
>>
I have a DUI that is now 4 years old. No other interaction with the law. How badly will this fuck me up if I try to go for OCS?
>>
>>32669118
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8J06fupmc
>>
>>32670194

Shit credit won't outright disqualify you from the military, but a lot of the good jobs require a clearance.
>>
>>32667722
Fox company?
>>
>>32668890
Be a PT stud. Endurance/cardio is your new god.

Get used to functioning on very, very little sleep. In a six hour block each night, only expect 4h on an average night. Go to sleep at 10pm, wake up at midnight, stay awake for two hours. Sleep another two hours. Change this setup every night, so you might do 2h watch, then sleep 4h, or sleep 4h and spend 2h on watch.

After that, wake up and continue your day as normal (PT, chow, ruck, 15min PT before lunch chow, do some learning thing in the afternoon, ruck back home, chow. fuck around for a bit, repeat sleep schedule)

Ranger isn't so much about learning shit, it's a school of maximum suck that pushes you to be able to function under stress and fatigue levels you couldn't imagine before, and will give you the confidence in the future that when shit is awful and terrible, you can function under worse conditions.
>>
Im in my sophomore year of uni and im planning on enlisting with an 11x op 40 contract when i graduate, do my time, if i like it ill stay in and if i ready to move on ill use the GI bill for law school.

How dumb am i?
>>
>>32671017
Just as retarded as the rest of us. I've done 3 years in electrical engineering, scored 89 on my ASVAB and i'm going into combat arms. It's not the objectively smart choice but i want to do it and i would regret not doing it for the rest of my life. Fuck everyone who tells you it's a bad idea or that you should do air force or some other bullshit.
>>
File: panama_operators.jpg (97KB, 943x706px) Image search: [Google]
panama_operators.jpg
97KB, 943x706px
>>32671079
Dude thats what ive been telling myself this entire time. Id rather do it and find out it was a mistake instead of not do it and regret it for the rest of my life. Thanks for the confirmation bias, cheers mate.
>>
>>32671079
Enjoy mowing lawns and doing details if your enlisted. and keep fostering those dreams of being a bad-ass operator...It'll never happen and the military is NO panacea. You'll bring your problems into the service with you and you'll likely leave worse for wear.
>>
>>32671121
Yeah, i wish i did it like 3 years ago instead of now but better late than never.
>>
File: 1479500689435.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479500689435.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>32671017
A stint in the infantry will make the rest of your life seem so much better. You will do things that just don't exist in civilian life. Experience things that civilians can't even begin to process. You will do things that are legitimately badass, feel legitimately badass, and meet people who are the kind of badass you only read about in books.

Now I'm surrounded by people who bitch about having a desk job, how they're stuck inside all day and they'd rather be outside. Coworkers posing with new trucks and guns and whatever shit and pretending to be hard, and to me they look like kids pretending to be tough because you've seen the real thing and don't feel the need to compete. I'm far from a badass, but I'm comfortable with that and no longer feel the need to play pretend.

All's I can think about the unimaginable luxury of being able to sit down at work, in a real chair, without bugs and dirt everywhere, under a real roof with heat AND air conditioning. I get off at a regular time every day, and get thanked if I stay longer to accomplish something. When I'm released, I can do whatever the fuck I want, and I can go home and eat whatever I want, shit in a real toilet and sleep in a real bed. I have the option of standing up, saying "fuck this" and quitting that job whenever the fuck I want.

It sucked, but I don't regret being an 11B. Plus, the GI bill is badass. Uncle sam pays for you to go to school after you're out and fuck cute girls for a few years. What's not to love?
>>
>>32671232

>A stint in the infantry will make the rest of your life seem so much better. You will do things that just don't exist in civilian life. Experience things that civilians can't even begin to process. You will do things that are legitimately badass, feel legitimately badass, and meet people who are the kind of badass you only read about in books.

It's 2017, anon. If you enlist infantry now you won't do any of this shit.

It's been this way for years now, there are already plenty of prior infantrymen who have done their term and got out without having done anything.

Welcome to peacetime.
>>
How are silent/withdrawn people treated in the army? I'm not an autist or antisocial, I can make friends easily but I just prefer listening rather than talking and I'm much more of a b-type personality.
Am I getting worried over stupid shit?

I'm interested in 19D or something similar.
>>
>>32671263
Welp, that sucks. There's always something going on, maybe Syria will turn into another Kosovo.
>>
>>32671333
Well if you go airborne your chances of being deployed as support unit for rangers and other special ops increase.
>>
>tfw leaving for basic tomorrow
Im nervous as fuck guys
>>
>>32671501
gl man
>>
>>32671501
You'll be fine. Just try to stay anonymous. What is your MOS?
>>
>>32671501
Be a gray man at meps.

Also, don't shit your pants and throw up on everyone. Apparently that happens.
>>
>>32671565
>>32671559
Thanks
Ill be client systems for the airforce
>>
>>32671387
Oh yeah, totally. SF types are always doing a business if they want to, but there's a pretty big line between Airborne and SF. High speed dudes are always in demand.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (40KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
40KB, 576x472px
>35f
What am i in for boys?
>>
>>32671661
are you the guy from the last thread? The 10K bonus guy?
>>
>>32671679
No but holy fuck i wish i was
>no enlistment bonus
I fucked up anything i should know?
>>
>>32671690
haha, i dont think theres anything you fucked up man. That is nuts though 3 guys doing 35F, i sign the dotted line tomorrow.

When you shipping out?
>>
>>32671501
you'll make it. good luck
>>
>>32671764
May 24th moved from march 1st for reasons i cant remember your 35f then? 82 afqt 119 on all my line scores well army scores that is kinda wish advanced training wasn't in arizona though hot as shit down there
>>
>>32671813
thats dope man, and shit i got a 79, line scores were 115 though. I feel ya man being from Michigan im going to be burnt as fuck lol.

You already have that TS interview?
>>
>>32671861
Doneski took 3 attempts over a fucking ticket kek was speeding on my packet but because it was ammended he wanted it listed as parking instead and the liaison had to go down and see exactly what he wanted it to say missouri fag here when you ship man?
>>
>>32671903
damn at least you got that settled lmao, Im finding that out tomorrow, my recruiter said theres slots open so im doing final H/W and officially sign and reserve the job.

wheres you boot at?
>>
>>32672007
Fort Lindenwood missouri theres 3 others possible ones Georgia and 2 i cant remember

the interview isnt hard btw they ask you parents full names including middle where do they live when were they born all siblings of which i have none so that was easy where you were born like town and everything have you ever smoked weed traveled outside the country get money from foreign governments and some other dumb shit like have you tried overthrowing the government
>>
>>32669961
Entirely false statement.
Even with BAH you make less than 40k a year. So stop being a cop in the middle of nowhere. LEO here in NH in cities start anywhere from 45-55k.
>>
can i get waiver to skip basic training? I'm not going to have some old man yelling at me when I could beat him up

I'm only asking here cause my recruiter stopped returning my calls
>>
File: 1467908854584.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467908854584.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>32672255
Retarded
>>
>>32672255
KEEP TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN'
>>
Any conceivable benefit to turning 21 before enlisting?
>>
>>32672255
Read Starship Troopers
>>
>>32672561
In general, no.
>>
Former 11B here. Is 33 too old to come back? I have a very worthless degree now, if that makes a difference. If feasible, I would come back next year.
>>
>>32672204

Kek. I make a hair under 60k as an E-5, and live better than that since a bunch of it is untaxed. Plus I don't pay anything for healthcare.

People have no idea how good military compensation is because they can't read beyond the basic pay scale or calculate the value of benefits and tax incentives.
>>
Complete newfag here, I've read the general but I still can't really wrap my head around exactly what MOS is what, in broad terms. Is there a simple chart of what test scores get you what in practical terms?

I ask because I really don't trust a recruiter to give it to me straight and the resources in the general give vague information
>>
>>32671079
>I've done 3 years in electrical engineering
I'm entering my 3rd year, same path as you. I don't want to say would've could've should've, nothing!

Going 11b option 40, since 18X is a meme.
>>
>>32672946
oh btw, im not the same guy youre replying to, fellow EE student.
>>
>>32672822
Use google you clown.
The army website talks about all the MOSs

>>32672946
>since 18X is a meme
It isnt. It only seems that way cause 90% of the people who take it are retarded. Like that kid who posts here but failed cause he couldnt even get a 240PFT. Thats his fault.
>>
File: 261204568_6473ec9667[1].jpg (122KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
261204568_6473ec9667[1].jpg
122KB, 500x375px
I have absolutely terrible eyesight, something like 20:200 without correction. With correction, I can get to 20:20. If I were to join the military would that be any sort of issue? I imagine I'd have to start off wearing the Buddy Holly glasses. Would this preclude me from doing any specific jobs (I'm sure I couldn't be an airman or anything like that). Would they give me corrective surgery eventually?
>>
>>32673015
It is a meme, I mean if you don't get selected at SFAS you get reclassed to needs of army WTF is that! (That is after OSUT and Airborne).

Tell me that's not some bullshit!
>>
File: operator 32.jpg (332KB, 1353x2048px) Image search: [Google]
operator 32.jpg
332KB, 1353x2048px
>>32666879
I have boards for Army OCS in March/April and I am deciding on branching. I initially wanted to go Infantry first (I know that it is the most competitive branch), and I am confident in my academic ability and can max the APFT. My second and third choices are Artillery and Engineer.

My question is, do you guys think it would be smarter to put Artillery or Engineer first, as I would have a more likely chance of guaranteed branching that way, due to the nature of my potential scoring capability and that they are less competitive to branch by nature than infantry?
>>
>>32673074

It's not bullshit, 18X reclasses people whenever we don't need infantry, it's always been that way.

Can't justifiably call it a meme when the vast majority of people who don't make it are completely underprepared.
>>
>>32668308
What does a four year degree get me
>>
I'm headed into USAF Basic in about a week and was wondering about communication stuff with family

do they confiscate your phone when you get in or do you get to use it during nights or Sundays? Do I absolutely need to bring a phone card that's listed on the packing list? Do they make you write letters to go back and forth if you want to talk to family?
>>
>>32672768
>TIG/TIS to get to hair of 60k

Odd that u think you're super knowledgeable because you're an e-5. Was a terminal e-3 rifleman who at year 4 before getting my dd214 was still making less than 40k with BAH. So in the short term unless you plan on giving up several years of your life to get to your 60k, no it's not worth it.
>>
>>32673437

I'm at 4 years TIS bruh.
>>
>>32673074
See >>32673167
>when the vast majority of people who don't make it are completely underprepared
THis is 100% right. The vast majority of people taking 18x are morons who dont know what theyre getting themsleves into. Thats their fault.
>>
File: GOVJEBBUSH2.jpg (60KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
GOVJEBBUSH2.jpg
60KB, 662x800px
>>32666879
11x or 0311 which is better . Who learns more stuff about combat and stuff in that nature
>>
File: IMG_1928.jpg (34KB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928.jpg
34KB, 480x366px
>>32672255
>>
>>32673015
>The army website talks about all the MOSs
Learn to read numbnuts, I already said I read the general that lists the army MOS sites but the information given is vague as all hell
>>
>>32667863
I always compare it to sports. When you think about it, mid thirties is when a lot of mainstream professional athletes careers start winding down. Of course some guys wash out early and some last decades, Brett Favre was like 45 when he retired, so I'd say that's about the high end.
>>
>>32674499
Faggot you literally said
>I've read the general
That doesnt imply or say anything about other sites.
Learn to type numbdick.
>>
>>32674557
The general lists the MOS sites, basic logic would tell you that someone would at least give these a glance if they were soecifically looking for more information on various MOS, fuckstick
>>
Be dumb and go 18X, break leg in the Q but get orders for 173rd in Italy. Spend 4.5 years in Italy having fun and killing shit, bad jump fucks up back. PCS to hell, Ft Polk, and during our 2nd field rotation fall in one of those god forsaken wadis. Break back, but can still walk just in pain 24/7 from ruptured disks ect. MEB out of the army with 90% disability and medical retirement. Going to make more with GI Bill and disability than I did in. What a fun way to spend 6.5 years...
>>
File: LovelyWar.png (358KB, 333x507px) Image search: [Google]
LovelyWar.png
358KB, 333x507px
>>32674612
>>
>>32674611
>basic logic
Do you know where you are? 90% of the people here are borderline retarded. Just like you, an arrogant faggot whos here begging for information and instead of being humble is calling me out for now assuming you actually did some homework, So fuck you eat a dick no one here is going to help you, fuckstick.
>>
>>32674822
>projecting this hard
Lmao
>how fucking dare you ask for basic info on military enlistment on a thread dedicated to discussing military enlistment reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>32674843
Im not projecting at all. Im directly telling you youre a fag. And this site isnt for spoon feeding basic info you dumb fag. You do research on your own and narrow it down then we fill in the specifics. Either way youre gonna be a failure and probably end up in a shit MOS.
>>
>>32666879
Considering going national guard.
>21
>Ottermode
>Have career I really like doing and would like to keep.
Any reason I shouldnt go nasty girl for combat engineer or some equally as fun?
>>
File: MSRT-Tactical-Delivery-Team.jpg (1MB, 2232x1435px) Image search: [Google]
MSRT-Tactical-Delivery-Team.jpg
1MB, 2232x1435px
The secret clearance investigation says it includes a local agency records check and I'm concerned that it will turn up employment applications to those departments.

Is it like an automated thing that comes back with arrests or is it more in depth?

Anyone know the difference between confidential and secret? Both seem to include the national, local and credit check.
>>
>>32667169

When are you going to the legion?
>>
>>32677255
Why are you concerned about that? You applied to a job so what? Departments don't typically keep applications outside of a years time anyway.

The check only goes against arrest and criminal records, which would be filed or in a separate database anyway. Confidential/Secret investigations are the same, the difference is the time before they need to reinvestigate.
>>
Tell me about boot camp/basic
I'm doing it soon
>>
>>32677255
I asked about that when I enlisted a few months ago
They said that secret shit doesn't come up unless you're doing secret shit

Even if you were most people don't even come close to triggering an investigation
>>
>>32677468
You're going to be blown away at how many fucking privates can't hold a rifle or throw. Like throwing an object/ball. Not a Fuhhball or a baxitball. I mean like a grenade.

Remember this post fucking private,

You're going to go to the grenade range one day and be absolutely fucking dumbfounded at the sheer amount of people, even the athletic ones that can't throw a hand grenade further than 10 feet. Not because they're weak but their retard brains haven't mastered the throwing motion. I shit you the fuck not.

That and holding the rifle. Its a total foreign concept to many people.

Continued on next post.
>>
>>32677509
Tell me how to throw a grenade
I'm suddenly afraid about being one of those people.
I can throw a handegg but now I feel inadequate

Pls post next post
>>
>>32677477
Some jobs outside of intel require it though, signals, artillery, avionics/electronics repair because of sensitive material you're trained on. Some units needs at least a secret too, like SOF support.
>>
>>32677468
When you graduate basic training you're going to look back at all the dumb little bullshit you sweat over. Its a fucking mind game. Just a mind game.

Also its easy.

I went to Pog basic though with females and shit. They're worthless.
>>
>>32677531
That's my view point going inm
It's just a game, yeah?
Play by the rules, you're rewarded
Military life isn't really real. It's just a game you always play
I'm good at games
>>
>>32677528
Like a fucking baseball. You hold the damn thing like you're told in the day prior to the hand grenade range. Yes, the day prior there is a grenade training exercise.

After all that when its time to throw just throw it like a baseball. You know how to throw a baseball right? Or a rock?

What branch are you signed to?
>>
>>32677468
What branch? Anyway, it will probably be less physically challenging than you think its going to be. The real challenge us putting up with stupid childish bullshit for 3 months without going insane. Also if you are just out of HS and never lived outside the house then you will probably be homesick in the beginning but you get used to your environment after 2-3 weeks
>>
>>32677544
>>32677546
>branch
Ok, you niggers are going to laugh at me
But they said "No branch"
I applied to Intel and I have the tests to approve it

I won't even remotely own that shit until I graduated, but that's what I'm aiming for

I have a Uni degree and I want Intel. My aptitude tests are "Competitive"
The recruiters say I'm going to be judged in April

I know you fags are going to mock and call me a faggot
I deserve it
I'm aiming high

I deserve all your disdain up until the 10% chance I actually make it
>>
>>32677384
Concerned because the LE application would have drug use on it different than what I would tell the military.
>>
File: 1475433880860.jpg (142KB, 725x713px) Image search: [Google]
1475433880860.jpg
142KB, 725x713px
>>32677582
I'm already laughin at you.
>>
>>32677602
Laugh harder
I'm not happy until I'm crying myself to sleep everynight
Hope is hubris
So destroy me
>>
>>32673098
plz respond :(
>>
>>32677582
>I applied to Intel and I have the tests to approve it.

What the fuck does that even mean that you "applied to intel" ? Who the fuck is telling you this shit? What recruiters are you talking to? Who is "judging" you in April? I think you are getting taken for a ride man.
>>
>>32677630
See here >>32666930
>>
>>32666930
>tfw not infantry
>get out
>us gi bill
>6 figure a year job
Feels pretty good man
>>
>>32677637
Yeah probably
I asked about it a few times
My recruiters (more than one) said that I shouldn't take the aptitude test because my score was sufficient to teach any level I want to go
I don't know what that means but I'm gonna test it till I'm in basic

The bottom line is that I asked to take the apt test again but they said I shouldn't
I hope that's a sign that I can do purple shit
>>
>>32677649
>implying grunts haven't done that too
Get fucked pogue.
>>
>>32677677
Why so salty anon?
>>
>>32677691
You're not special, I'm special.
>>
>>32677705
Yes you are lil snowflake
>>
>>32672759
not too old..but don't expect to go anywhere in your military career
>>
File: steam pic.jpg (39KB, 480x441px) Image search: [Google]
steam pic.jpg
39KB, 480x441px
I'm a bit late to the party

Currently AF 1N1A. Ask me shit if you guys want, I'll be here for a few hours.
>>
>>32666930
Is this what grunts tell themselves once they find they spent the last four years doing working parties and fuck fuck games and coming out with no marketable skills?

The grunts that are in today are in peacetime. They ain't doing shit. And even back when there were actual combat deployments, you act like you didn't have RO's, Corpsmen/Medics, Supply, Motor T bubbas, and anyone else also seeing shit.
>>
HS senior here, can I get the e2/e3 advanced rank with ap credit? Or would I have to apply to my local community college, transfer the credit there, and then use that transcript? I have a shit ton, but don't think I'll be able to go to college.
>>
>>32678239
they won't take ap cred, ask a recruiter where the line is, but idk if a complete associates at a community college would net you e3 up front, maybe if you sign a 6 year. honestly, the long contract is your best bet if you want the rank. I personally don't think it's worth it. depends on your job, maybe.
>>
>>32678239
If you can get a transcript, it would work, you may have to take a class or two first though.

Military doesn't differentiate between AP, CLEP, etc as long as they're credits from a recognized degree granting college/university. You need 20 something for E-2 and close to 50 for E-3 if I recall correctly, and your bachelors for E-4.
>>
Anyone here serving or served at holloman?
>>
>>32677306
Next Monday the 23rd
>>
File: 1478672500846.png (61KB, 336x291px) Image search: [Google]
1478672500846.png
61KB, 336x291px
Any US Navy here?

I'm trying to make the derision to enlist objectively, but I cant come up with any good reasons why I shouldn't.

>You could be killed
I could be killed in any job, over 700 people were murdered in my city last year alone.

>It's hard work
I'm sure I could score high enough for an IT or Nuke job. I regularly pulled all nighters in college and I enjoy doing challenging work.

>You are away from family/friends/clubs/bars/civilization
Really does not bother me.

>The people are sadistic assholes
Iv had asshole bosses before. I can deal with it.

The jobs are hard, and I would want to enjoy my time off instead of spending it trying to fuck with people who I don't like. But I could be wrong on this.

>It's 4 years of your life gone
I'd spend those 4 years working at a mediocre job, making less money plus the vet benefits are amazing.
>>
File: scruffy_awoo.jpg (368KB, 1530x1110px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy_awoo.jpg
368KB, 1530x1110px
Will 4chan /really/ effect my SSBI
>>
>>32668709
Why should we even respond when you clearly don't listen to us anyway?
>>
>>32678558

Navy has great days, and horrible days. You can make an impression, and there is definite room to make your mark if you desire to. Lot of people get complacent and hate the military, and understandably so. There is a lot of bullshit you have to do deal with, especially if you are forward deployed abroad.

My best piece of advice: work hard as you can without rubbing your peers in the wrong way. If you are going for a top-qualification quickly or putting in an officer package be low key about it. Harmonize with your peers, have their back, but keep your stuff on the back burner and work hard. You will need people to have your back in case any trouble happens or you need favors.

Also, stay out of trouble. One slip up is enough to ruin your rep for the rest of your tour in your duty station.
>>
>>32678558
Sounds like your mind is already made up and are biased in attacking those points. Hard work could also mean physically demanding, some people don't expect that bit. About the people part, just note in the military it's not just bosses, it's roughly half of everyone you'll meet and in the Navy while you're underway you'll be hard pressed to get away from them at times. Nuke is especially terrible, people have literally been drugged and raped.

>>32678672
>effect
It won't come up in the NAC unless it landed you on a no fly list. If it comes up some other way, through references, social media, your interview or whatever then it may affect the outcome.
>>
>>32678727
Do they check your browsing history when you apply for a TS clearance?
>>
File: 000flrj3_Lady_Clover_Honey[1].jpg (76KB, 1116x499px) Image search: [Google]
000flrj3_Lady_Clover_Honey[1].jpg
76KB, 1116x499px
>>32678727
>Nuke is especially terrible
What do you mean?

>people have literally been drugged and raped.
That's something iv always wondered about.
How common is stuff like that?
Everyone knows the stereotype for sailors but I never thought it was that big a deal.
>>
>>32678731
Nobody is really sure and I doubt they'd do the dance with your ISP to find out because at the point it would come to that, it would be easier just to deny you clearance if they had enough suspicion to believe you were into something shady. If one of the big agencies has you on a list, like the NSA, I'm sure they would look at whatever they had access to, but otherwise if your credit and public character is fine you should be okay. They will take a look at your online presence though, facebook, linkedin, instagram, etc. and that has definitely screwed some people over.
>>
>>32678558
You'll want IT over nuke. Ya never go nuke.
>>
>>32678758
Nuke is a shit career field filled with shit people with shit civilian prospects, see the linked post for more and go back a few threads and ctrl+f for supporting evidence. The anal rape thing also happened in nuke school and was related a few threads back. Outside of that though actual rape is rare, but consensual degeneracy abounds, literal gay orgies if you know where to look.

>>32669332
>>
File: 1483932377769.jpg (51KB, 457x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483932377769.jpg
51KB, 457x604px
>>32678727
W-what if the only social media I have isn't even in my name
>>
>>32678781
>>32678774
Thank you. You may have just saved my life.
>>
>>32673546
What branch and MOS because the main focus of our discussion is a LEO going infantry. So if you try to tell me you're a 4 year sergeant in Marine Corps you're the worlds largest cocksucker in the office
>>
>>32679135
He doesn't have to necessarilly be a cocksucker. There are some MOS's in the Marines with stupid low cutting scores where you have to be a complete piece of shit to not pick up E5 in 4 years.
>>
>>32671617
>Nervous about Airforce basic and the most comfy MOS
>>
>>32666930
That's adorable. What other cute ideas did your sub 40 ASVAB brain cook up?
>>
>>32679282
I scored a 98 percentile on the asvab and I'm going infantry.
>>
>>32679282
Why bother joining the armed forces if you're too much of a pussy to be a real soldier?

I got 92 but I thought I would feel like a complete failure if I wasted my time in the army behind a desk.
>>
>>32679392
>Why bother joining the armed forces if you're too much of a pussy to be a real soldier?
Because somebody has to do the real work.
>>
anyone redpill me on 0311, and the muhreens in general?
>>
>>32678271
>>32678288
I took like 12, that should be just enough for the 48 credit hours right?
>>
>>32678288
I just signed up for marine DEP and they required 15 credits for E-2 but you can't go any higher.
>>
>>32679468
You'll be a glorified janitor for 4 years. Thats 0311. Don't join the marines.
>>
college graduate looking to possibly enlist in AF or Navy

should I tell the recruiter about ADHD?

haven't taken medication for like 3 years

and have gotten 4.0's w/o it

also what would happen, hypothetically, if I didn't tell them and they found out down the line?
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of shin splints before basic
>>
>>32679421
Yeah, those electronic documents are fucking vital. God forbid that someone doesn't deliver the mail on time. Top kek m8. Being a paper pusher sure protects the free world. God forbid you actually lift a finger.
>>
>>32680152
Don't say shit. ADHD is a permanent dq regardless of when you stopped taking your meds. If they found out later down the line (which would only happen if you told them) you will get hit with a fraudulent enlistment charge.
>>
>>32680152
>>32680152
Im on the same boat as you anon. If you decide to get a commision in the AF keep in mind that the board is is july and ots won't start till 2018. Might as well enlist if you have time constraint.
>>
>>32680669
you going to apply for a waiver? or...
>>
What happens if you pass boot camp, but fail the training program that comes after?
>>
>>32681551
needs of the army
>>
>>32666930

This. FUCK POGs
>>
>>32681551
You have to be a special kind of retard to not pass AIT if you pass basic. There's basically no way to fail that if you get admitted.
>>
>>32671269
bumping,I'm curious about this too
>>
>>32666879
>Tfw this year marks 7 years since I ETS
Fuck it doesn't feel like it. Transitioning has been like a trainwreck
>>
File: 1484417694578.jpg (510KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
1484417694578.jpg
510KB, 680x693px
>>32678558
>>32680152
If youre still here im a navy vet who can asnwer some questions and point you in the right direction.

>>32680536
Learn proper form
Stretch
If youre fat stop being fat
>>
>>32682210
I have proper form
I stretch
I'm not fat
I drink water, too
It hurts less than it used to but it's still annoying as fuck and prevents me from pushing myself to my limit
>>
>>32682225
you are running too much then.

stretch and keep mobile. stop running for now but still exercise.
>>
>>32682245
how many days should I stop running for? I have PT tests in a month
Is a week enough?
>>
>>32682252
Not him, another anon but stretch your legs daily and get some gel packs for your shoes. Also maybe even look into new shoes, aesics what I recommend. Take a week or two off from running, but use an elyptucal or bike to keep your cardio up. They're low intensity on your legs
>>
>>32682252
what is your current run schedule?

what do you need to improve on for the pt test, speed or endurance?
>>
>>32682269
are asics gel lyte or similar ok? I use nike lunarglide or roshe runs but maybe they're shit
>>32682278
Five times per week. My speed is fine, I lack endurance though since I get exhausted after fourty minutes of running at a moderate pace
>>
>>32682287
cut to 3 days a week.

how many miles per day do you run? im going to say you have shin splints from running too far each day. you will probably have to cut the distance in half.

>fourty minutes of running at a moderate pace

thats good, what branch are you trying to join?
>>
>>32682311
not that far, usually between 2 and 2.5 miles
I may have pushed myself too much though
>what branch
army. but the recruiter basically told me to git gud and that "running for half an hour isn't going to cut it"
>>
>>32682210
does the navy give waivers for ADHD?
>>
>>32681900
Is it really that easy? I was looking at the more technical jobs like Telecommunication Terminal Device Repairer or Radiology Specialist.

I want to learn new skills but I did not want to end up as a Janitor if I failed.
>>
>>32682333
yeah hes just fucking with you. incorporate more than just distance running every day. cut down to like half of what you run. do some strength exercises and other cardio.

you have just pushed too much.

>>32682346
no. why are you even asking?
>>
>>32682357
Of course you could flunk out and be reassigned. But you're not going to do that are you? That would be a stupid idea.
>>
>>32682366
>hes just fucking with you.
is basic that easy? I thought they pushed you really hard on cardio
>other cardio
like what? I know that's retarded but I can't ride a bike for shit
>>
>>32682210

If you could do it over again, would you?

What were some of the worst parts of being in the navy?

Are the stereotypes about everyone being gay true?

Does the navy really give out free energy drinks?
I remember hearing somewhere that one ship had a red bull machine that was free.
>>
>>32682287
Run 3 times a week, every other day. Get some new shoes and gel packs. Trust me you want to take all precautions to ensure you end the splits, so you don't have to restart basic
>>
>>32682397
>gel packs
applying cold really works?
will do, thanks
>>
>>32682357
Ok to give you a concrete example, if you go into telecom and for some reason don't pass you would get reassigned into something else related to that field. Maybe a radio operator or IT guy. Something with electronics. Most likely. No guarantees of course.

Some intel schools have a like 50% attiration rate. So some are tougher than others.
>>
>>32682376
jump rope and rowing are examples.

>>32682405
heat is better than cold for sore muscles
>>
>>32682405
I meant gel soles for your shoes ha, they'll help soften the impact of concrete Dunno about applying cold to your shin
>>
>>32682366
do any branches?
>>
>>32682435
thanks
>>32682436
oh, ok. am I allowed to bring insoles to basic?
>>
File: 1484594138744.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484594138744.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
>>32682252
>>32682252
It sounds like you are trying to cram. You shouldve started running sooner man.

>>32682346
No idea. Not a recruiter.

>>32682384
>If you could do it over again, would you?
100% absolutely. I was in from 19-23 age. Loved it. Even the bad parts make you grow and mature in a way.

>Are the stereotypes about everyone being gay true?
Actually gay, no. Lots of homo situations and jokes, yes. Its just guys being guys. If youve ever been on a sports team its the same as a male locker room.

>Does the navy really give out free energy drinks?
Fuck no. They sell them in the ship store though.

Ask more questions and ill tell you more.
>>
>>32682450
I'm sure you can. I was at basic in 2005 so I don't even fucking remember, but I'm pretty sure they were allowed to be purchased at the little shoppette you grab your shoes from.
>>
>>32682440
No
>>
>>32682370
>But you're not going to do that are you?
I have no idea.
From what little i could find, people say these jobs have high failure rates.

I'm sure most people going into them intended to study hard but could not make the cut.

I want to join the army, work my ass off, and learn new skills.

I don't want to go into it only to find that they expected me to already have a shit load of experience with telecommunications and now i'm scrubbing toilets.
>>
>>32682453
>You shouldve started running sooner man
I thought starting in december was going to be fine but apparently not
I hope I won't get fucked because of that
>>32682467
cool. I should take one size above my actual size right?
>>
>>32682453
What about free coffee?
I have a caffeine addiction and get crippling headaches without an energy drink or several cups of coffee.

Do you get time off to visit family or vacation like a normal job?

Do you spend the entire 4 years on a boat?

Are you always on the same ship?

What do you do when you are not at sea?
>>
File: 1484365658170.jpg (135KB, 1024x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484365658170.jpg
135KB, 1024x508px
>>32682577
>What about free coffee?
Yes coffee is free.
>I have a caffeine addiction
So does literally every other person. Especially on deployment.

>Do you get time off to visit family or vacation like a normal job?
You get 30 days of leave a year. When you want to take leave you just write up a chit(request), if it gets approved youre good to go. It would get denied for example if your ship needing you at that time cause youre going through a cert or something.

>Do you spend the entire 4 years on a boat?
Not really how it works. Each situation is different.
Some rates(jobs) dont even go on ships. Some might not till later in their career. Either way each rate has a different sea/shore rotation. A shorter rate might have to be on a ship for 3 years then rotate to a shore command. As an OS I had a long rotation. 5 years at sea then rotate. So its rate by rate basis.
Note: you absolutely want to go to a ship first though as a young sailor. Super important.

>Are you always on the same ship?
read above, with that being said though you actually could stay at sea. When its time to rotate you can volunteer to extend on your current ship or go to another sea tour on another ship. reasons people do this is cause of money. Usually comes with a bonus and you continue to get Sea pay.

>What do you do when you are not at sea?
Again rate by rate basis. You still go into work every morning on the ship and you work on whatever your division want you to. When youre off youre off. You can live or go anywhere for the most part. As a young sailor youll most likely get a barracks room you can live in.

>>32682489
>I thought starting in december was going to be fine but apparently not
Definitely not. You are getting shin splints cause you are doing too much too fast.
>>
File: 0wXs7v0[1].png (348KB, 383x662px) Image search: [Google]
0wXs7v0[1].png
348KB, 383x662px
>>32682657
Thank you, this is extremely helpful.

Do people have your back in the navy or is backstabbing common?

What is the best way to deal with asshole superiors?

Where is the best place to be deployed?

How are the vet benefits?
I'v heard horror stories about vet healthcare.
>>
>>32666879
If I get a civilian pilots licence how much does that help me if I go down the warrant officer aviator route.
Also do people who sexually identify as an attack helicopter get any sort of preferential treatment ?
>>
File: 1483899852507.jpg (53KB, 403x410px) Image search: [Google]
1483899852507.jpg
53KB, 403x410px
>>32682762
>Thank you, this is extremely helpful.
Np nigguh, im gonna be lurking for a while so if you keep asking shit ill keep typing.

>Do people have your back in the navy or is backstabbing common?
No more than anywhere else in life. Your division will always have your back, theyre your family.
However you will live in a berthing with other rates/divisions who would probably take something valuable i you left it out. So dont leave $100 bills lying around, but that goes for anywhere in life not just the military.

>What is the best way to deal with asshole superiors?
There isnt one. Not the answer you want to here but if someones lame theyre gonna keep right on being lame.

>Where is the best place to be deployed?
All depends what youre after and what you consider a good time. I was stationed in San Diego so i deployed to Asia area so i cant comment on Europe.
I was in Japan right outside Tokyo for about 3 months and it was the best 3 months of my life. All we did was feast and get hammered every fucking night. Japan is super high tech and all the people are nice. However if you want to go apeshit then you gotta go to either Thailand, Vietnam or Phillipines.
To the best of my knowledge ships dont go to Thailand anymore though. I been to Manilla and Subic Bay in the Phillipines and both were insane.

>How are the vet benefits?
The Gi Bill is all you need to worry about. Thats the prize. Its a great deal.

>I'v heard horror stories about vet healthcare.
Me too but i was never hurt while i was in so i wouldnt know. 9 times out of 10 only idiots get hurt and need disability afterwords. Not all the time but the vast majority of people ive seen get hurt was 100% their fault. Dont be stupid and you wont get hurt.
>>
Masturbation at boot.

When is it possible, and where do I dispose of the contraband?
>>
>>32683350
You have to have sex with your battle buddy.
>>
>>32683350
In the toilets at night
>>
>>32683365
But what if he's bigger than me? I dunno if I could handle that embarrassment.

>>32683377
I'm not going to get up for a midnight shit and hear like 5 guys beating off in the stalls, am I?
>>
>>32683350

If you're like 99 % of dudes, you won't have any interest in doing it until maybe the very end.
>>
>>32683404
I fill a coffee mug daily. Will I be able to cope?
>>
>>32683397
you have to get fucked by your battle buddy.
>>
>>32683422

BCT fucks over your hormones with the huge change in lifestyle and stress. Odds are you won't want to.
>>
>>32683422
Gee, you are so unique from all the other 18-21 year olds there...

You won't have time. Between sleep deprivation and constantly doing shit you'll lose interest until BCT is over.
>>
>>32683520
>>32683534
Ok back to real questions. Is shitting on a timer? Does the food pass pretty easy? I heard from a couple people that they didn't shit for a week and I'm nervous about constipation.

Should I do my best to shit my intestines out the day before processing?
>>
>>32668709
Yeah, don't go to the galley for breakfast and clog the fucking lines -t etn3
>>
File: 1448813386690.gif (802KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1448813386690.gif
802KB, 264x264px
just reserved my job, (35G), i ship out feb 28 to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. 15k bonus for a 4 year enlistment.

Can not wait to begin the journey
>>
>>32668370
Try and do intelligence even outside of military but just a heads up you should have no drug use or criminal record if you really want to succeed and you should not talk to other people about wanting to apply.
>>
File: 1432650287613.jpg (120KB, 634x845px) Image search: [Google]
1432650287613.jpg
120KB, 634x845px
Will having been NEET for multiple years hurt me in getting a TS clearance?
>>
Does bad vision rule you out for service?
I can see just fine with glasses, but when I take them off i'm almost completely blind.
>>
>>32684655
They don't care, you're good to join. Only problem is if you have astigmatism, but even then 99% that's waiverable
>>
>>32684558

buddy of mine had to do an FBI interview just to get his clearance, basically they'll find out everything and anything that you have been doing on digital space and they'll also contact your family and friends

if you have fetish manga on your computer and other disgusting secrets as well as sarcastic remarks that are against the US that can be viewed as visually traitorous to uptight office chimps, i wouldnt even attempt to go down this road mister NEET because you'll end up in a world of shit if you take a polygraph test and they find inconsistencies like if they ask you if you've ever done drugs and then they find out you lied and smoked weed

then you'll be getting raped in federal prison
>>
>>32685020
That all sounds fine, I just want to get the clearance. Who the hell do I put for references if I was a friendless & jobless shut-in for years?
>>
>>32684706

no it doesnt, just google the navy, Army AMs and airforce officers

>>32685035

it sounds fine until they find some shit and invade your personal bubble entirely and roast you about everything you've done in life and why you're a NEET meatbag

just put your distant cousins for reference and your mom and whatnot or get a part-time job like you should be doing
>>
>>32685100
lol, you CANNOT put relatives as a reference.

You probably never have been to a recruiter.
>>
>>32685100
I'm sure it'll be embarrassing, I'm just wondering if it's common for them to decide someone can't be trusted with national security secrets because of no job history and whatever lack of character that shows.

That's something that would affect what jobs I list at MEPS
>>
>>32685118
Not him, but how many references do they need and for what exactly?
If my life history is something like born, went to school, went to military. What exactly do they want me to prove?

Do I have to get the phone number of every teacher I had to prove that I was in 4th grade?
>>
>>326852118
Assuming I'm reading the SF-86 correctly, they want 3 people whose knowledge of your activities collectively spans the last 7 years; these can't be family members.

They also want people who can verify employment/residence; these can be family. I see a lot of room for "I don't know" answers next to phone numbers for references.
>>
>>32685210
they will ask you for 3 references, people who know you well, like friends, a coach, or a close neighbor.( they need to have know you for at least 7 years)

Theyll need the addresses of ALL the places you've lived at, within ( i believe) 7 years. with references for each.

at NO point can you use ANY relative for a reference.

Then its a list of health history questions and some moral questions.

If you want to know more, the SF86 is EXACTLY what you will be filling out.
>>
Hey, /k/, I am studying to become a Physical Therapy Assistant and I was thinking of signing up as a 68(F) when I graduate. What branch should I join that will give me the best deployments/experience?
>>
File: 1439252815177.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1439252815177.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>32685252
>they will ask you for 3 references, people who know you well, like friends, a coach, or a close neighbor.( they need to have know you for at least 7 years)

Man, I'm screwed then. Becoming un-NEET is literally impossible.
>>
I snore like a fucking madman. As in my room mate can hear me from the basement (I'm upstairs). How long before I get killed by the rest of the lads in basic because of it?
>>
>>32685303
go talk to a recruiter man, im sure they would be more than happy to help you.
>>
>>32685303
>moved every two years of life
>don't stay in touch with people
Finding references was literally the most difficult part of that shit my man.
>>
>>32685333
>Finding references was literally the most difficult part of that shit my man.

How did it end up going? I can sit in front of an investigator and say "I was an obese NEET for 4 years, that's why the sketchy references that don't know me well."

I'm just scared of getting a good AFSC, then getting thrown into Services or something because I couldn't get a TS clearance.
>>
>>32685252
>for at least 7 years
God. Fucking. Dam. It.
I can only think of 1 single person iv known that long.

I lost contact with my highschool friends because different colleges. And I have not known my college friends long enough to qualify. (4 years max)

Moved 3 times in my life, so no close neighbors for over 7 years.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions?
What do people do for this?
>>
>>32685210
>>32685239

if you're an 18 year old nobody and you havent gotten into trouble or have done fuck all with your life as a human being then they will realize this and you will most likely get your clearance
>>
>>32685356
7 years *collectively*. One person who has known you from 2009-2012, one from 2012-2014, one from 2014-2017; something like that.
>>
>>32683556
Just take a shit as often as possible. Takes a couple days to get back to regular though.
>>
>>32685303

please dont listen to these fear mongering retards, i was a solo dude who did my own thing and couldnt remember anyone and i still got my security clearance before basic training in 2012ish

just make some shit up, add your moms friends or your brothers or sisters uncles friends of no blood relation and it will be alright
>>
I have a question about enlisting ages. I was going to enlist when I was 20 but my dad got cancer and wasn't about to just up and leave so I stuck around to help him out with his company. I'm 25 now and he's finally been able to start negotiations to sell it so I'm no longer needed to help out but now I feel like I'm a bit old to enlist since almost everyone I've met went in either out of high school or not long after. At this point I've been putting it off because it feels like now unless it's a lifer thing I'm going to not be out until I'm near 30 which seems like it'd fuck up career potential unless, again, I stuck around.
>>
>>32685420
i was just telling him whats on the form man
>>
>>32685420
Secret or TS? Because for TS they apparently do actual interviews
>>
>>32673074
>>32673167

keep in mind this also happens to some other SOC related jobs like EOD

had a platoon leader that made it to week 34 of EOD, got deemed 'unsafe' when he succesfully disarmed a dummy IED and then reclassed to needs of the army

he became a logistics clerk and then he died on the inside and became fat and a drunk and stopped giving a fuck about everything or becoming a captain because of crippling depression
>>
Future Navy HM here. Tell me about Blue side vs Green side please.
>>
>>32685454

secret may or may not include an interview by recruiter i believe.. i cant remember shit from 2012 seriously i am brain damaged, but TS does requires a polygraph test and two to three separate FBI interviews unless that changed since 2014-ish last i heard

basically just dont lie, its not worth lying because that will adversely affect you from getting any clearance whatsoever
>>
>>32685252
They asked for all this info prior to me even taking the asvab and choosing an MOS. Do they screen everyone for security clearance or what? I'm going in as 03xx so I don't need it but in the future if I try to go MARSOC or something would I already have Secret clearance or would I reapply and be able to list people I meet in the marines as my contacts?
>>
Anybody have info on 1n4s or other Intel jobs in the Air Force?
Told my recruiter it's what I want more than any other job. I don't want to be stuck doing tech support. 97 AFQT but failed CV.
>>
How does getting paid work between deployment and home stationing?

I've read that in the Navy, when not deployed, you typically work monday-friday, but when deployed, work every day. Do you get paid extra for the extra days work? I've searched around and can only seem to find standard annual salaries. Is this because everybody at the same rank gets deployed for the same amount of time? or do you just get fucked if you get deployed and work more?
>>
>>32686150
Is this bait?
>>
>>32686235
No, why?
>>
>>32686279
You get paid the same no matter what. You could work every single hour in a week, and you'd make the same amount as the week when you went in at 0800 got sent home at 1030 every day and somehow got friday off.

They own you 24/7, you are always on call. Coincidently, for junior enlisted, this works out to a little over $2/hr before benefits.
>>
>>32686279
Well then im sorry you were born retarded.
Its the fucking military you dumb mong of course theres no overtime. Thats why its called a "salary" and not by the hour.
>>
>>32682895
I have tourettes that gets worse when I'm tired, should I not join? A recruiter literally told me to not bring it up when I considered joining the guard. Military isn't something I'm crazy about doing but it'd help me pursue my ultimate goal.
>>
>>32685252
>at NO point can you use ANY relative for a reference

That sucks. I'm pretty much a NEET too and I was hoping that my handful of relatives that have been in the service might make good references.
>>
quick question
what MOSes are available to me in general if I score well in
>Arithmetic Reasoning
>Assembling Objects
>General Science
>Mathematics Knowledge
very well in
>Paragraph Comprehension
>Word Knowledge

>Can probably qualify for DLAB
>Speak passable French, a bit rusty

But
>am nearsighted as shit
>out of shape, would start getting /fit/ before enlisting
>>
>>32686442
>I have tourettes that gets worse when I'm tired
Like how bad? Cause youre gonna be tired and stressed a whole lot.
> Military isn't something I'm crazy about
Its gonna be a rough 4 years mate.
>>
>>32686484
It's weird. The best way I can describe it is as an itch. Imagine you're doing something important and get an itch on your face, you can ignore it, or you can satisfy it, either way it doesn't really affect what you're doing. My tics are vocal, like a very very low volume throat clearing. I've told people I work with I have it and 100% of them have thought I was lying because it's so unnoticeable. That being said, it does come out under stress like I said. I'm still functional, just with tics.
>>
>>32686379
Working 24/7 is meme.

My actual hours as junior enlisted broke out to less than 40/wk and I got paid a lot more than I was making at my full time civilian job. I could say I was making $20/hr in the military, but that would be just as stupid as what you said because that isn't how it works.
>>
File: 1483261825076.jpg (54KB, 954x717px) Image search: [Google]
1483261825076.jpg
54KB, 954x717px
>>32686841
Wtf youre lying
What branch and job/rate/mos faggot
I can tell you right now as an OS in the navy who did 2 deployments its not a meme at all.
>>
planning on enlisting in the adf, any tips/advice from any aussies here?
>>
I double tapped on the 1st test on Infosec as a 35M.

The instructor is brand new and straight up gave us inaccurate information prior to the test. I'm to be dropped from the class. Is there anyone I can talk to appeal this shit before I get T-spaced?
>>
Navy AECF here. What am I in for?

Out of curiosity, I've been browsing through Army MOS's. What's the difference between 14E and 94S?
>>
>>32686841

you only clock in more cash if you consider tax refunds and the health benefits because of how god awful fucked healthcare is in america

idk what job u work bro, i was clocking 12 hours a day for 5 sometimes 6 days a week because of logistically incompetent our unit was, only saving grace was holidays, 4-days, and going to the field
>>
>>32687584
>mfw my medcom job is 7:30-3:30 with 1.5 hrs for lunch and 4 days out the ass
feels good man
>>
File: 1463366519055.png (82KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
1463366519055.png
82KB, 736x627px
Anyone here work with Cyber Operations in the army?
I can't find anything on it and I just want to be sure i'm not jumping into something really bad, like the navys nuke jobs.

Cyber Operations Specialist (17C)
Cyber Network Defender (25D)
exc.
>>
>>32687629

fucking navy doctor faggot go choke on an mre cracker you god damn peter puffer

>wake up 0530
>be at motorpool 0615
>work from 0630 to 1200
>1 hour lunch
>work from 1300 to 1830
>dinner chow, married soldiers cant go home gotta bring dinner
>work from 1930 to 2300
>repeat for 30 days
>fail APFT
>remedial PT on weekend
>skip training entirely to work at motorpool
>dont go to range
>armory full of rusty weapons

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuck you faggot navy doctor choke on a sailor dick queer homo asslord thundercunt squidfucker i hope you fall off a fucking bulkhead and into a swarm of jellyfish
>>
>>32687730
i'm army m8

>wake up 630
>out the door at 7
>first patient isn't until 8
>see like 6-8 patients before lunch
>like 3-4 after lunch
>go home
lul
>>
>>32687747
Did you have any medical training before joining or can any shlub come right out of highschool and become a doc?
>>
>>32687842
no it takes a fuckton of work to become a doc, but if you're willing to put in the time for it for the army they'll hook you up
gotta have a bachelor's tho
>>
File: 1481459132119.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481459132119.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I've got a buddy deployed out in a desert somewhere and I wanna send him something to make his life easier/funnier/better/etc. Any suggestions?

Sorry for being kinda offtopic, I dunno where else I'd get a good answer though. Hopin' he doesn't browse here.
>>
>>32687747

gay

navy doctors are still faggots though, feel bad for marines having to deal with them really the worst doctors ever

army doctors arent as gay i have met some good ones, which is a luxury i am told. flight medics keep it real, they've seen some shit.

aviation mechanics are beyond autism though and if one of them is reading this i just want them to know they should probably suck my asshole and shove a steers cock in their mouth because i have never EVER had to deal with so much bullshit in my life when dealing with AMs at a ground motorpool, literally fucking retarded enough to put gatorade in a radiator i swear to fucking god you all ate crayons during infancy or you're lousiana inbreds or something

you guys suck you're not even real mechanics, they hire civilians to do the wiring in chinooks why are you even contracted in the military? seriously
>>
File: y.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
y.gif
2MB, 260x195px
>>32666930
>tfw wanna be a grunt
>tfw no good wars right now
>tfw if I joined I'd be peace time infantry
>tfw not high speed enough to ranger
>>
>>32678142
>coming out with no marketable skills
Isn't that what the free college is for?
Why does no one talk about the free education?
>>
File: Sexy-Glasses[1].jpg (54KB, 527x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy-Glasses[1].jpg
54KB, 527x400px
>>32687729
Bump. Anyone know/work with the cyber guys?
>>
>>32667940

i know a 19d, they stuck him behind a clerk desk

have fun cavantry
>>
>>32672561
Becoming an alcoholic like everyone else right out the gate I guess?
>>
>>32687729
>>32688157

do what snowden did and just join the CIA

you'll be leagues above all of us financially
>>
File: nerd-actresses-7[1].jpg (24KB, 400x634px) Image search: [Google]
nerd-actresses-7[1].jpg
24KB, 400x634px
>>32688210
They would not even look at my resume.
Entry level stuff requires a bachelors minimum.

I grew up fascinated by computer security, self taught myself how to program, iv watched every DEFCON conference, i'v built web/file/SSH/PBX servers, i'v made apps, I even wrote a book on IT security.

But I don't have a degree, and don't want to get into crippling debt to get one. (It's not just the degree, need to study full time, so degree + surviving on 0 income for 4-8 years).

Iv also tried getting a job with third party contractors, never get called back. Don't care what you know or what you can do, just care if you have the slip of paper.

I was originally going to take an easy job for 4 years, get the GI bill and get a degree that way, but Cyber Operations Specialist sounds like my dream job, and I can get it without any degree.

Just want to know if it's to good to be true or not.
>>
File: giddy.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
giddy.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
>>32688323

did you apply for allsafe?
>>
>>32688366
>For over three decades Allsafe has been on the leading-edge of manufacturing plastic cards for access control, identification, loyalty programs, and security applications.

Are they associated with the army?
Magstrip / RFID cards are cool but not really what i was interested in doing for a living. It's also impossible to actually study without getting a knock on the door from the feds. I know someone who bought a high tech mag stripe card maker for his company and the feds came in and questioned everybody.
>>
>>32688323

Cyber in the military is cool, anon, but if you're half as good as you say you are then you don't need to enlist to break into the industry.

There's a huge employment gap with security professionals. They're looking for any excuse to throw a ton of money at you, you just have to keep applying until someone will give you a chance.
>>
>>32688512

He's trolling you dude Allsafe is a fictional company from the show Mr. Robot
>>
>>32687584

No. I made minimum wage and worked 40 hours a week before I joined. I remember what that's like. Minimum wage is like $16k/yr.

First year in I made north of 20k working less hours (after training) and not paying anything for food or housing.

Now 4 years in and making about 55k, still working less hours than I did on minimum wage.
>>
>>32684543
How can anyone know if you've used drugs? I know people working intelligence who still use drugs.
>>
>>32666879
Canadian Engineering uni student here.
Really want to join the forces and try for SOF. I think I have what it takes. Family members have high security clearances already and my background check would go through clean. Pretty sure I could ace any sort of mental pen and paper tests.

So what do? I've been reading around and CSOR and JTF will only prospect from Canadian Forces, which means I'd have to go infantry for sure. How do I go about getting into the eyes of CANSOFCOM recruiters and scouts the quickest?

What sort of infantry roles will mesh into SOF recruiting the fastest and what do I have to do to prepare? I'm ready to drop everything and sign up within the week. Haven't talked to a recruiter yet. He'll probably tell me that I should continue in communications engineering and if I want a position in the military he/she would probably shill some POG role to me, but like every 20 y/o intent on joining the military I aspire for SOF.

So what should I do?
>>
What if you've never been in trouble with the law, but have done alot of sketchy shit? Is it better to admit to them if you are trying to work intelligence and you go through a polygraph?

I understand them wanting to know. But I feel like the nature of working intelligence is knowing about seedy people and places. I'm just a product of my environment man.
>>
>>32687863
Heres an idea: Ask him.
>>32686470
They will give you a list of jobs that are available. Since you can read and write well you might get some office work mos. Best way is to find out yourself
>>32685451
You are at a good age still. Trust me, quite a few older men come in around 35+, it's rare but you're still good man lol.
>>32685317
You won't be the only guy to snore.
>>
>>32666879
My recruiter told me December 4th that MEPS had to send some stuff off the Bureau of Medicine and we'd hear back from them in about 30 days. Now it's december 17th and I havent heard shit from him and he won't return my calls or texts. What's my options here?
>>
>>32689789
It's January...
Try another recruiter.
>>
>>32682477
Nah, you don't need prior experience for anything in the military except musician jobs. If you work as hard as you say you will, they'll push you through.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 650x1000px
>>32683404
>>32683520
This is true. I didn't jerk off once in the 8 weeks of bootcamp.
>dat epic load the first time after tho
>>
>>32683556
It's not so much the food as it is the stress. Lots of people don't poop for the first few days of bootcamp.
>>
>>32686470
35P
>>
>>32689929
I took a shit at the USO as we were waiting for the busses to pick us up and take take to MCRDSD. This was early Tuesday morning. I dont shit again until the following thursday. Close to 9 days without shitting.
>>
>>32685317
Volunteer for the first watch shifts so you give everyone in your platoon a head start on getting to sleep.
>>
Hi i'm trying to hang out with you guys in VC, let me get discord invite please.

I'm the guy who was banned, just wanna talk more about linguistics and video games.
>>
>>32688090
Join the ffl like the anon from the top of the thread. Always some combat assignments to be had there. Theres always some emaciated africans causing a ruckus in a former french colony that need to be killed.
>>
How can I get better at pull ups without a pull up bar?
>>
>>32692881
go out and buy a pull up bar
>>
>>32693170
I can't attach a pull up bar to any of my doorframes or else I would've done that already
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.