[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confronting Criminals With Gun in Hand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

File: car shot up.jpg (36KB, 634x300px) Image search: [Google]
car shot up.jpg
36KB, 634x300px
>guy is outside your house
>yelling and making a scene or possibly destroying your car or other property
>saying he's going to kill you/fuck you up or something similar
>he's unarmed
>you go outside with your gun in hand
>leave it pointed at the ground and confront him and tell him to fuck off/call the police

Is this illegal? Additionally if he attacks you are you able to shoot or are you considered the aggressor because you confronted him?

I heard that if you pull a knife at all in attempt of self defense that you can catch an assault charge, and obviously you're not supposed to point guns at people who aren't threatening you with deadly force, but what if you are just holding your gun? It's not like you always have a time to holster it before you go outside, or are you just supposed to stay inside and call the cops?
>>
>>32663876
I have Castle Doctrine. I shoot the fucker.
>>
>>32663876
>Is this illegal?

No but it is stupid.
>>
>castle doctrine
The second he scratches the car he gets a lead enema.
>>
>>32663876
>Is this illegal?

Gun in hand, but not pointed at the perp? No, sounds legal to me. At least in states that allow loaded open carry.

> if he attacks you are you able to shoot or are you considered the aggressor because you confronted him?

As long as you didn't physically attack first and you can say that you feared great bodily injury/death from his attack, you're in the clear.
>>
>>32663876
Move to a castle doctrine state so you don't have to deal with this legal bullshit you cuck
>>
>>32663907
>>32663912

But what if he's not threatening you directly? In my state (WI) we can't shoot in defense of property. Can you really prove that you were in fear for your life because he wanted to fuck up your car or does it not apply?
>>
>>32663936
He's on my property. I can shoot him.
>>
>>32663918
>and you can say that you feared great bodily injury/death from his attack

And then you get your shit pushed in by a jury that can smell bullshit a mile away then get locked up for 25 years with everyone moving on in life forgetting about you

"I wuz in fear of muh life"

fuck off with this bullshit
>>
>>32663907
This. Directly stating he intends to kill/harm me means he gets magdumped from a window and his estate gets sued to replace the pane+ammo+any associated propert damage from rounds impacting. Fuck states that don't support this.
>>
>>32663936
>Can you really prove that you were in fear for your life because he wanted to fuck up your car or does it not apply?

Unless you live in a state that allows defense of property (like Texas), it's fucking stupid to kill someone over a fucking car. Even in texas, I'd say it's fucking stupid. I wouldn't want that shit on my conscience, even if he was a scumbag.
>>
>>32663936
I'm from Texas, so can shoot to defend property.
>>
>>32663876
If you're going to testify in court that he threatened to kill you, so you APPORACHED him, you are going to have trouble convincing anyone you feared for your life and acted accordingly.
>>
>>32663936
>Hide gun up asshole
>Call the faggot a faggot
>When he tries to rape you to prove that he isn't a faggot, shoot his ass
>Tell cops he charged you with a raging errection and you thought he was going to rape you
>PROFIT
>>
>>32663968
Not if he's on my property/fucking with my property.
>>
>>32663876
approaching someone who threatened your life is, even in gun friendly states, a bad idea. Unless youre in texas, then you could probably just shoot the guy with your barret from inside your house. However in states that are run by mostly sane people, approaching someone makes you the aggressor, even if he threatened your life. if you want to approach someone on your propety you can do so with a gun, just don't point it at him, although if he's not breaking into your home, just call the police
if you don't trust the police to protect you, then stop wasting money on taxes and stop paying taxes.
>>
>>32663968

This. You were safe in your house. You leave your house to an area where an unarmed perp has threatened to kill you. You will most assuredly lose your ability to defend the fact that you were scared for you life if you leave your house to confront the man that just threatened to kill you. I doubt you would be charged with murder, but would you really want your case to hang in some grey area of legal limbo?
>>
>>32664018
Castle

Doctrine
>>
>>32664008

You can't shoot someone because they fuck with your property (except for maybe a choice few states). In the majority of the country you are literally fucked if you shoot someone over property.
>>
>>32664038

I can
Move somewhere free
>>
>>32664027

Castle doctrine doesnt apply if you leave your fucking castle retard. Castle Doctrine applies in your home and auto mobile. You also wont be able to cite stand your ground because you advanced on the perp.
>>
>>32664018
Right, which is why you shoot from the window with a rifle.
>>
>>32664058
And on your property

He's already threatened my life

I don't know he's unarmed.

No court would convict.
>>
>>32664046

What state then? I live in WV and we have relatively strong self defense laws here, but you still cant shoot someone over property.
>>
>>32664058
But he's damaging my car, which is my property, so i can engage essentially at will.
>>
>>32664070
NC
>>
>>32664027
I just read the current Texas law on castle doctrine, the you have to currently occupy the space the aggressor is trying to get into, so in this scenario, leaving your house with a gun to fuck up someone kicking your car
in fact leaving your house and confronting him with a visible gun, even not raised, could be considered a provocation and nullify any self-defense argument.
Texas Penal Code Sec. 9.32
>>
File: absolutely civilian.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely civilian.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>32663948
t. nigga that makes lambs look dangerous
>>
>>32664095
Sucks to be in Texas then.
>>
>>32664064

LOL. If in the off chance you are serious, youll be in for the shock of your life when they charge you with murder.

>>32664068

You need to look closer into castle doctrine, because it doesnt apply to "someone standing on your front yard". If you dont know whether he is armed or not, why in the fuck are you going to leave a place of relative safety in order to confront him? Not only does this negate most all self defense claim, but logically it doesnt make sense to claim this if you are defending yourself in court.

"I was scared for my life of the man outside my locked door so I went outside to confront him and shoot him"

That doesnt make sense at all.
>>
>>32664114
>why in the fuck are you going to leave
Because he's on my property . I have the right to go anywhere on my property at any time.
>>
>>32664114
This right here
a guy in florida a while back
and florida has a "stand your ground" law which is castle doctrine but bascially anywhere
well, the guy shot at a car with a bunch of teenagers, he claimed he saw a gun. It was at a gas station, their music was too loud for the guy, anyways he killed one of the people in the car, no jury will acquit you if went TOWARDS the danger. That's my point, I'm not familiar enough with the specifics of that story to discuss it any better
>>
>>32663876
>yelling and making a scene or possibly destroying your car

Stop being poor and put your car in a garage
>>
>>32664143
The difference is he wasn't on HIS PROPERTY
>>
>>32663876
>not pointing your gun at him

why? Cops literally do it weekly for zero to no reason.
>>
>>32664058
In Indiana it also applies to commonly traveled/used areas outside your home, like a porch, your driveway, area between detached garage/shed and your home, etc...

Not sure how it is in other states though.
>>
>>32664151
"stand your ground" is like castle doctrine, but portable. going TOWARDS the danger does not constitute fear of death in a court
>>
>>32664095
No. Displaying a gun is considered a use of force, but it is not considered use of lethal force until you actually shoot the thing. If someone is fucking up your car, you could go out and confront him with your gun and even point it at him and you are totally safe. Just don't shoot unless are in fear of your life and you are good.
Please note that this is TEXAS law. Don't assume that your state law is the same.
>Member of Texas Law Shield
>>
>>32664170
No
>>
>>32664079

>http://www.citizen-times.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/03/22/the-castle-law-to-shoot-or-not-to-shoot/6705605/

>In North Carolina, we have a Castle Law that allows certain protections in your home, your place of business or in your vehicle. It includes the camper or tent you use when camping. The law makes the assumption that if someone is in the process of breaking into your home they are not doing so to sell you a Bible. The law presumes there is an intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence, and you have a right to shoot them while they are in the process of breaking in, if you fear you will lose your life. Once the person is physically in your home the circumstances change. If the perpetrator is armed with anything that can cause serious physical harm or death, and you fear for your life, you can shoot them.

>However, if there is no sign they are armed, and they are simply there to steal something, you may not shoot. You can use physical force to protect your property but not deadly physical force.

Took about 10 seconds of googling for me to prove you dont know shit about self defense law.
>>
>>32664172
pointing a gun at someone is considered a provocation and Texas law says that you can't use deadly force if you provoked the person
>>
>>32664176
So all I get to do is bludgeon them half to death. Great, I'll just keep a bat next to the gun.
>>
>>32664143

The people were are arguing with are the ones who end up with manslaughter charges because they were too dense to research the details of what actually constitutes self defense.

You simply cannot kill someone over property. 99% of the time you will lose.
>>
>>32664212

You're an idiot.
>>
>>32664234
Then explain in no uncertain terms how badly I am legally allowed to fuck someone up that is trying to jack my shit in the Republic of Texas.
>>
>>32664143
Bro you need to research that case. That guy had a previous altercation with them, was drunk (and driving no less), and basically sought the confrontation out. Further, police searched the teenagers' car and found no weapons.

If someone is on your lawn fucking your car up, they're generally going to be considered in the curtilage of the home, meaning they're fair game as they've already technically entered the home. They're also probably going to have an object (i.e. weapon) they're using to do the fucking of your vehicle. In a castle doctrine state you're going to be fine to light them up 99% of the time as long as you remember to say "oh yeah, he had begun to move towards the door/was saying he was going to kill me."
>>
>>32664172

You're walking a dangerous line displaying a firearm unless you absolutely fear for your life. If you really really wanted to I guess you could try to convince a jury that knows fuck all about firearms that you were simply maintaining a defensive posture and not brandishing. Good luck with that.
>>
>>32664254

>If someone is on your lawn fucking your car up, they're generally going to be considered in the curtilage of the home, meaning they're fair game as they've already technically entered the home.

Yeah that is complete and utter nonsense. In no way shape or form will that fall under Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground
>>
>>32663876

I would say that this is legal in a particular set of circumstances, but how you approach the situation, what your intentions were, how the situation escalated is why it is advisable to get a lawyer to finagle your way through the legalities of the situation. State law has much to do with it.

Take this retard, for instance >>32663953
>I'm from Texas, so can shoot to defend property.

The idea that you can shoot to defend your property against someone trashing your property (called "criminal mischief" in Texas) only applies at night (defined as 15 minutes after sunset and 15 minutes before sunrise). The Castle Doctrine does not apply to one's property, but one's residence, business or vehicle (when occupied).

Texas considers the display of a weapon to create apprehension to be a use of force, but not deadly force. In your scenario, you would be justified in exiting your residence and displaying your weapon to create apprehension in the individual in order to get him to stop trashing your vehicle. You would not be justified in shooting him unless it's at night and you live in Texas, in which case you could shoot him to make him stop but not shoot him while he's fleeing.

If you had your gun holstered and approached him and physically tried to make him stop and he attacked you and you feared for your life, you could then shoot him. If you approached him with gun in hand and tried to stop him with your weak hand and he attacked you and you shot him with your right, you would have a hard time proving your case to investigators. This is when a jury would probably come in and you'd have to convince at least one that you had good intentions and that your property is worth more than the life of some piece of shit. Him merely saying he's going to kill you is not enough. You have to fear for your safety at that exact moment

This is why it's advised that you get a lawyer: so you can get your story straight about what happened.
>>
>>32664176
I was reading an old version. They've since amended it.

But, if I can get him to set foot under something thats covered (porch/carport/whatever), then I can shoot him.
>>
>>32663907
That's not his castle doctrine works fuckhead
>>
>>32664273
It is if you have a drop gun
>>
>>32664013
>trusting the police to handle my bullshit

But... But I have 14 guns that I wanna use
>>
>>32664269
Exactly! So many people think that Texas is some lawless land of crazy people.
>>
>>32664313
Really? I think it's hairy hipsters and California transplants.
>>
>>32664270
>But, if I can get him to set foot under something thats covered (porch/carport/whatever)

Nope, still wrong. That is fuddlore 101. Castle Doctrine will only apply in a house you occupy, in a car you currently are sitting in, and in some states your place of work. Have fun explaining to a grand jury you were allowed to shoot him because he stepped on the magic fudd powered "covered area".
>>
>>32664268
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

Sorry your criminal ass can still get shot to death in a driveway, maybe this is your wakeup call? There's no safe way to crime, if you bring a weapon onto someone else's property, uninvited, in a castle doctrine state, you're pretty well and truly fucked unless there are MAJOR extenuating circumstances.
>>
ITT morons who learned self defense law from great grandad.
>>
>>32664328
>shoot perp on lawn
>drag him into house
>mow lawn where there is blood
>call the po po
>>
File: 1436396502195_0.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1436396502195_0.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
In Texas it's totally legal. We can also shoot over property, even other people's property.

>guy outside is yelling smashing car
>go outside
>neighbor already shot him dead, didnt hear because inside and neighbor has a suppressor thanks to Trump and the HPA
>shake neighbors hand and give him a beer, which we share with the responding officers as they chuckle and call the coroner's office to pick up the dead piece of garbage

Another great day in the Lone Star State.
>>
>>32664326
That is just Austin and Dallas to a lesser extent.
>>
>>32664329
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

Dude did you even read the wiki? At no point does it defend your position that you can shoot someone burglarizing your car because it falls under Curtilage. Curtilage exists if you are attack while already outside your domicile, not LEAVING your domicile to confront someone in the midst of a burglary.
>>
>>32663942
this. OP honestly remember 99% is 18 kids who just bought their first firearm. Probably high functioning aspie with no real connection to reality. Be very careful of real life situations. In real life all it takes is one "witness" who kind of saw what happened who hates guns to testify and put in in prison.
>>
File: Capture.png (150KB, 655x453px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150KB, 655x453px
>>32664328
Note the highlighted areas

Also, that last part. He's in my yard, threatening my life. It would be reasonable to believe that he is going to commit an unlawful entry.
>>
>>32663876
>Is this illegal?
No but its stupid.
Stay in your fucking house and call the police.
>>
>>32664391

Dude...you just dont get it...Its like Im talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>32664410
That's the direct fucking statute. Read it. You're wrong.
>>
>>32664269
You still forget that all you have to do is get the Jury to find you not guilty. It's Texas, and the dude was trying to GTA your car. They will not convict.
>>
>>32664419

Yes I fucking read it, but it directly depends on the circumstances of each individual self defense case. You literally said:

>>But, if I can get him to set foot under something thats covered (porch/carport/whatever)

You're talking about purposefully luring him onto a spot in which you can "legally" kill him. You cant lure someone into your house and kill them because MUH CASTLE DOCTRINE. What makes you think you can do the same under your covered porch? You're a fucking dolt and I'm doing having this circular argument with you.
>>
>>32663876
Firearms instructor here. It's late, and I'm high so I'll try to make this quick.
All that really maters is what they can prove in court. If you can establish that this person was causing you serious concern for your safety and etc then you're probably OK
What you're describing, we call a defensive display. One of our guys was involved in one a couple years ago, but that's for another time. Keep the weapon at low ready, do not aim at the person. You need to control the situation both verbally and with body language.

Don't ever use deadly force unless you establish
1.Ability, Does this person have the tools/skills to harm me?
2.Opportunity, Are they near? Rifle scope? They have to see you to harm you.
3.Intent, Do they try/want to harm me?

Always use deadly force as a last resort. And remember
1.The threat must be current, immediate, and unavoidable.
2.Your level of force must be appropriate to the threat.
3.Your use of force must stop when the threat ceases.

Dude just get a holster and rock it on the hip if some imaginary scenario ever plays out. Have you ever been in put in a position where you felt like you wanted a firearm for self defense? Kinda dangerous stuff to be fantasizing about...
>>
>>32664329

Depends on the state, but I don't know many states that say you can shoot someone trespassing on your land or vandalizing your property. In Texas you're not allowed to shoot mere trespassers. You're not allowed to shoot in most circumstances during the day time. At night the laws surrounding deadly force open up quite a bit, but there are still limitations:

You can't shoot someone merely trespassing.
You can shoot someone vandalizing your property, but you can't shoot them if they are fleeing.
You can shoot someone that is stealing your property, and you can shoot them if they are fleeing with your property. You can't shoot them if they dropped your shit and are merely fleeing.

I wish we had carte blanche to shoot criminal pieces of shit, but I'm sure some asshole shot some starving kids back in the 50's or whatever and people felt sorry for them and now we can't shoot repeat offender grown ass Tyrone.
>>
>>32664427
>all you have to do is get the Jury to find you not guilty.

>all you have to do

yeah because that is such an easy and stress free situation to successfully get through.
>>
>>32664448
And who's going to be there to say that I lured him? I'm certainly not. Him? He's not going to be saying anything.
>>
>>32664365
>>32664410
>Gets BTFO repeatedly
>"It's like talking to a brick wall"

Not every state is cucked into oblivion, in many jurisdictions of America courts recognize that sometimes a nigga needs to get got. If you think it's a safer option to hunker down and wait it out, or if you live in a state where you HAVE TO, do that. Some of us can just shoot the motherfucker though.
>>
>>32664461

>Not every state is cucked into oblivion, in many jurisdictions of America courts recognize that sometimes a nigga needs to get got.

>Some of us can just shoot the motherfucker though.

spoken like a true 14 year old.
>>
>>32664456
In Williamson County? I'd be surprised if the cops didn't tell me what to say on the spot so they wouldn't even have to bother with it and just call it a night and congratulate me on my marksmanship.
>>
File: 1RP_Sul.jpg (230KB, 840x440px) Image search: [Google]
1RP_Sul.jpg
230KB, 840x440px
>>32664454
HA! Quick edit, low ready is for scanning for threats in scary places. You want to be in position sul (south) during a defensive display. Much less threatening. Pic related.
>"You gonna shoot me motherfucker?!?"
>"Sir this weapon is for my protection etc what are you doing here, leave, I've called the police, etc
>>
>>32664477

Thats a dangerous and idiotic generalization to make when if comes to shooting and killing someone.
>>
>>32664427
>You still forget that all you have to do is get the Jury to find you not guilty. It's Texas, and the dude was trying to GTA your car. They will not convict.

I didn't forget that. The point is to not have to go to trial and risk pound-me-in-the-ass prison. If they DA can't prove you acted outside of the law you'll get no-billed by the Grand Jury. If you say you saw some dude smashing in your windows and you stepped outside your house and shot him dead in your driveway in the middle of the day and you never feared for your life, you risk going to jail. One cool dude on the jury might let you off the hook, but it'll be after a lengthy, expensive trial and all that BS. Ultimately, you wouldn't be justified in the eyes of the law, it's just that some dude disagreed with the laws and was cool enough to save you from prison.

If you know the law and act within it (or can at least articulate that you did, because the dead criminal can't refute your version of events and the physical evidence shouldn't if you played your cards right), then you should be good.
>>
>>32664221
I hate to agree with this but it's true. It pisses me off that it's true, but it's true.
>>
>>32664473
>Loses argument based on fact
>Tosses out insults in a failed attempt to regain his shattered dignity

Nothing is more exhausting than the element of the firearms community that thinks this is still the 80s/90s. They think even though activists have won victories across the nation related to self-defense law, there's a SECRET CODE you have to know to defend yourself, and they project a fucking know-it-all attitude despite literally ignoring the letter of the statutes.

Sell your fucking guns if they scare you so much, you obviously don't ever intend to use them in an emergency anyway.
>>
>ITT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45glq7huJJc
>>
>>32664498

You don't have to fear for your life here in TX, you can shoot over property. If your property (particularly your car, aka the extension of you HOME) is getting fucked up by someone you didn't actively provoke, you are well within your rights to end their life. Period. Remember to look up what constitutes "force" vs "lethal force" in Texas law, and you'll see that pretty much any item, even hands and feet provided their to the head, neck, or spine, is considered lethal force and you can respond accordingly.

As for property, there is a reason Joe Horn is a free man.
>>
>>32664504
Its gun owners that are too lazy to research common and local law that perpetuate the "gun nut" stereotypes. Do I agree with vague and restricted self defensive definitions? Some of them no. Will I do my best to stay within the law and know where I stand within it at all times? Absolutely.

I was in a class 5 years ago when a women asked if she could kill her neighbor who kept stealing her lawn ornaments. These guys remind me of her.
>>
>>32664454
>Have you ever been in put in a position where you felt like you wanted a firearm for self defense?

yes but it was a home invasion.
>>
>>32664530
>You don't have to fear for your life here in TX, you can shoot over property.

Only at night, you retard, if it's over property and not "muh life". If someone is damaging your property, you can shoot them to make them stop. If someone is stealing your property, you can shoot them to get it back. During the day, you have to fear for your life in order to use lethal force.

>If your property (particularly your car, aka the extension of you HOME) is getting fucked up by someone you didn't actively provoke, you are well within your rights to end their life.

The Castle Doctrine only applies to your vehicle when it's occupied, whether by you, your relatives, or your friends. If it's unoccupied, it's merely property. When you're sitting inside it, you can shoot someone trying to carjack you. That's it.

>Remember to look up what constitutes "force" vs "lethal force" in Texas law, and you'll see that pretty much any item, even hands and feet provided their to the head, neck, or spine, is considered lethal force and you can respond accordingly.

If they come at you. Not your property (unless at night).

>As for property, there is a reason Joe Horn is a free man.

Because they argued that the men were leaving his neighbor's residence after burglarizing it, and then Joe Horn went outside to confront them, and that they turned around to attack Joe Horn. It sounds silly since he was holding a shotgun, but the criminals weren't alive to refute his version of events and there's no way to prove the investigators coached him through a legal version of events.
>>
>>32663909
defensive display is not stupid, you are
>>
>>32664269

You're clearly retarded. A guy in Texas shot a man in the middle of the day. Guy was breaking into his neighbour's house, when the nignogs gtfo, they ran across the guys yard, he shot and killed one. He had no charges.

Clearly you don't know shit. Stupid nigger.
>>
>>32664831
Unnecessarily putting your self in a dangerous situation with someone who may or may not be armed or on drugs is pretty damn stupid.
>>
>>32664875
He has a gun though.
>>
>you go outside with your gun in hand
Depends on what state you are at
I am in GA that's a no no, if you are in TX after sun down that's ok
>>
>>32663876
In your scenario, what he is destroying is key to your argument.

>destroying your car
Call the cops. There's no reason to confront him over property.

>other property
What property? Is he kicking your door or breaking your windows? If so, this is an attempt to enter your home and in any castle doctrine state, is assumed to be a threat on your life. If you are in your car, and he is trying to enter, this is covered by stand your ground laws and is also considered an attempt on your life. In both cases, shoot to kill.

>I heard that if you pull a knife at all in attempt of self defense that you can catch an assault charge
Talk to a lawyer as this is based on state and local laws. That said, if you happen to carry a pocket knife and you are in a situation where you genuinely fear for your life, fuck the law and pull the knife anyway.

>what if you are just holding your gun
This is considered brandishing and will get you in trouble. That said, respond to the situation at hand: you don't pull your gun for some guy yelling at you threateningly over a parking space at wal mart, you walk (or drive) away. On the other hand, a couple shady looking guys follow you to your car at night in a bad part of town and you got that itch between your shoulder blades? I would pull it, hold it low and ask if they need some help. I doubt they'll call the cops.
>>
>>32664869
>Clearly you
>>
>>32663996
genius
>>
>>32663948
If the absence of the property in question jeopardises someone's livelihood, then I'm reasonably okay with someone using violence to defend it.

A car could definitely fit that definition; personally I couldn't get to work without my car, I work in an industrial area between two cities, there's no public transportation, and all of my coworkers live in the other city, so I wouldn't be able to get a lift on the way.

Now I'm personally not in such acute financial stress that the loss of my car would ruin me, but the example illustrates a reasonable point, and I'm sure there are other people out there who are.
>>
>>32664359
"fuck pork" I knew Texans were a bunch of oil loving kikes.
>>
>>32665023
They also immigrated to a desert, pissed off the natives, and declared independence.

Kinda makes you scratch the ol' noggin.
>>
>>32663876
On my property causing a scene/threatening me?

Say hello to mr AR.
>>
>>32663909
In what way, are you just autistic. There is something called self defence
>>
Call 9-11 and say: "Hello, officer, this guy is in my front yard destroying my car screaming about how he's going to kill me. I don't know who he is and I have a firearm, you guys need to get here fast. My address is "Address""

They will drive 90mph to save that poor fuck from you if you mention you have a firearm.
>>
>>32665963
A self defense claim is what's legally known as an affirmative defense. That means you admit to committing homicide, albeit under special circumstances; those circumstances being specifically that you were forced into a situation where your only option was to use lethal force. You may find it difficult convincing a jury that picking up a gun and leaving the safety of your home to put yourself into a confrontation with a maniac fits the circumstances of self defense. Its incredibly irresponsible and stupid because said maniac may have a gun, or a friend that you don't see, or even if you 'win' your choice to escalate the situation could expose yourself to criminal and civil litigation that could cause you immense stress, loss of job, etc.

tl;dr
Just because you have a right doesn't mean you have to use it. Don't buy or carry a gun unless you are willing to know your laws and be responsible.
>>
Get a lapel cam, video will not lie.
>>
>>32663941
>when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to him or herself or another

have fun in prison
>>
>>32664013
I really don't understand why children think Texas is actually a pro gun state other than memes.
>>
>>32666397
He came onto my property illegally and threatened my life. Tha'ts reasonable fear of imminent peril
>>
>>32666402
Texas has castle doctrine and allows you to shoot no questions asked if they're stealing something valuable, even if they're fleeing.
>>
>>32666397
Depends on the state, cucktard. In Texas, a home owner can shoot in defense of his own property. Hell, in Texas, you can shoot to defend your neighbor's property.
>>
>guy out front causing shit
>call cops because this is what i pay them for
>if shit gets out of hand before they show up i apply gun
>>
>>32664095
Texas also has legal use of lethal force in defense of private property. So your point is moot.
>Well officer he was breaking into my car, stealing my stuff, and threatened to kill me.
A OK
>>
>>32664185
so is smashing a car window, dipshit. you are responding to force, not initiating it.
>>
>>32663876
1) shoot perp in face
2) pull out dropgun and shoot house behind me
3) drop dropgun at perps feet
4) profit
>>
>>32667813

im not sure if shooting someone for smashing your car window while you're watching from your doorstep is 'responding to force'
>>
>>32664495
>crash grab at 3am downstairs
>get your 9mm broom out
>scanning for threats in the scary place that is your own home, what has the world come to
>you determine by sound and smell that jamal is in your living room
>carefully slice pie to get visual and make defensive display
>"stop, i have a gun"
>retract weapon to sul
lol
>>
>>32664606
>Authorities have said one man ran toward Horn but had angled away toward the street when he was shot in the back just before reaching the curb.

they had the forensic evidence anyway, the prints were on the ground, headed right at him. don't mess with texas.
>>
>>32667820
>pointing a gun at someone
>shooting

>watching the goalposts cruise off to cote d'ivorie for a six-week all-expenses paid vacation
>>
>>32663876
It depends on what your states laws are about defending your property...but you're always allowed to defend yourself with whatever means necessary.

But should you walk outside at all, much less with a gun in hand? That's for you to decide.
>>
this is why fences are important.
>yelling he's going to kill you while smashing your car
>Yell back that you're calling the police and video recording him from inside your house
>angry ape starts to climb your fence
>shoot him off
>>
File: 1483818349902.jpg (7KB, 209x279px) Image search: [Google]
1483818349902.jpg
7KB, 209x279px
ITT:

>a bunch of 19 year olds whom have never been put in a life threatening situation fantasize about killing someone with the AR they bought with their Christmas money last week

you little niggers need to re evaluate your lives

killing a person has a lot of emotional weight and baggage attached, assuming you're not a sociopath

I keep weapons for defense as well, but I don't sit there hoping for some guy to walk on to my lawn and shout vague threats in the hopes that I can waste him
>>
>>32668024
No it doesn't you dumbass

Killing someone intent on killing you isn't this big emotional trauma. It feels more like "I'm glad I fucking lived"
>>
>>32668053
I can assure you, the weeks and months afterward can be insidious and weigh on your mind

maybe not because of "oh but what if he was a good boy who dindu nuffin" but more because watching another person die and knowing you're the direct cause is painful
>>
>>32668077
Yeah maybe if you ran them over with a car by accident.

You've never shot anyone
>>
>>32668024

>killing a person has a lot of emotional weight and baggage attached

That's like, you know, your opinion man.
>>
>>32664932
Florida here, so if he's banging on door or taking out the screen from the window i can shoot him?

If he's banging the door do I shoot thru the door?

Because I'm starting to get pissed of at myself for not reading clearly the law.
>>
>>32668132
What he means is the possibility of retaliation from his friends or family.
>>
File: 1465716714125.png (49KB, 207x155px) Image search: [Google]
1465716714125.png
49KB, 207x155px
>/k/ how can I shoot someone legally?
>>
File: 1484447601023.gif (2MB, 803x608px) Image search: [Google]
1484447601023.gif
2MB, 803x608px
oh it's one of these threads again

bottom line: okay so you know the letter of the law in your state. but will the DA charge you? and will a jury dismiss any charges against you?
>>
>>32668053
>>32668132
Humans have an evolutionary defence against murdering other humans, basically your brain just keeps telling you "you dun fucked up" despite the cause or reason of doing it because it doesn't know the difference between a justified killing and straight up murder..

Its why PTSD rates in the military are so high, you could say "well maybe he shouldn't have joined the military if he wasn't ready to kill someone, except humans are not supposed to kill other humans.

Its not a matter of moral, its a matter of evolution.
>>
This thread reads as proof that most of k just want to kill someone and is willing to dance around the law to kill someone over property instead of just killing someone like they want to. Sad.
>>
>>32668784
Fuck off faggot I was very close, I just didn't know if I was under the jurisdiction of law.

Just cuz u live in a fairy tale world doesn't mean the rest of us live in mr Rogers neighboorhood, it's real out here bitch.
>>
>>32664159
who is going to arrest th cop for breaking the law
inb4 I AM THE LAW
>>
>>32668024
>>32668077
Go away you edgy faggot. We know you've never shot anyone before.
>>
>>32664889
>Because having a gun means you'll always win in a close quarters situation.

OP and everyone else is better having insurance and calling the police. If he tries to break in, kill him, he goes to attack someone else kill him, he runs away get his into relayed to the cops. It's good to be a pussy in the kind of situation, nothing can be gained from an increase of aggression on your end.
>>
File: 1464928530503.jpg (35KB, 624x315px) Image search: [Google]
1464928530503.jpg
35KB, 624x315px
so basically i can vandalize someone's property as long as i do it unarmed, say nothing to the owner and completely ignore him, if he hits me it's assault and if he kills me it's murder
>>
>>32669391
You'll get arrested and have to deal with the American legal system to get a proper punishment suited to the crime like everyone else.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.