[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are General Mattis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 12

File: general mattis.jpg (281KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
general mattis.jpg
281KB, 550x500px
What aspects of the military are so thoroughly fucked that the only way to fix them is to simply get rid of them?

Are there MOSs or branches whose problems are so ingrained that you have to make those entire organizations disappear?
>>
Women in the military
>>
>>32662883
trannies and gays
>>
>>32662893
FPBP
>>
>>32662883
Women in the military. Special interest collateral clubs/months (black/Asian/women/gay/etc). Transsexual is a mental illness and one that needs to be treated, not celebrated. So that goes as well.

I'm confident in his ability.
>>
>>32662904

“Senator, my belief is that we have to stay focused on a military that’s so lethal that on the battlefield it will be the enemies’ longest day and their worst day when they run into that force. I believe that military service is a touchstone for patriots of whatever stripe. It’s simply the way that they demonstrate their commitment. And I believe right now that the policies that are in effect, unless a service chief brings something to me where there’s a problem that’s been proven, then I’m not going in with the idea that I’m going to review these and right away start rolling something back.” He went on to say, “Frankly, I’ve never cared much about two consenting adults and who they go to bed with.”

Sorry buddy, that ain't happening.

I would do my best to give the army dedicated fixed wing CAS. The air Force can handle everything else.
>>
>>32662940
he's a faggot and a pedo
>>
DELETE THE AIR FORCE

These past 8 years have been nonstoop fuckups on a level none of the other branches have approached. At the very least take away their access to nukes.

Also every AFS that has an Army, USMC, or Navy equivalent performs less effectively than their other service counterparts.

The only thing they do well is suck a mean dick. Make that an AFS.
>>
>>32662921
This x1000
>>
>>32662893
Women in combat*
>>
File: 1438549672362.jpg (194KB, 928x497px) Image search: [Google]
1438549672362.jpg
194KB, 928x497px
Remove Cav Scouts. I would say remove Air Artillery, but they serve a purpose, in theory. American anti-air is a joke, but you can argue that it might be needed at some nebulous point in time.
>>
>>32662883
One of biggest cluster-fucks in DOD is our Research & Development sector, has been spending stupid crazy money with little to show for too long.

Another stupid and expensive problem (that I think is also linked to above), is the amount of field grade officers throughout DOD. There are at present, more Colonels, Generals and Admirals than during WWII.

Why?
>>
>>32662921
>Special interest collateral clubs/months (black/Asian/women/gay/etc)

wut
>>
Bring back don't ask don't tell
>>
>>32663264
Y tho?
Cat's out of the bag at this point.
Not like the repeal of DADT made the .mil any more gay than it already is.
>>
>>32663359
It's not about whether or not there are gays in the military (for the most part, some people actually care), it's about giving them legal snowflake status.
>>
>>32663392
they aren't given any special status though, this just exist in your head
>>
>>32663392
> legal snowflake status.

What special legal whatnot do they get by being "out" that they wouldn't get by being "in?"
>>
>>32663121
That's all R&D. Look at the medical industry. Not all worthwhile technology is viable in a short time period.
>>
File: smile.jpg (153KB, 1184x1011px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
153KB, 1184x1011px
>>32662893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sdu1oT5lA4
>>
>>32663404
>they aren't given any special status though, this just exist in your head
>t. never served
I have no problems with gays in the military, but they very much so are treated as though they have a special status. No, they haven't added a Sexual Orientation section on the DD-214 but they're now seen differently because after DADT was removed their sexuality was now "important".

I've never met a gay person who acted any differently than they should have, and have only heard of a few from people I've served with, but I'm in the Navy. I've seen/heard of multiple issues like I've just described from people in the other branches though.

Making someone's sexuality noteworthy does nothing except add another excuse to go along with the Black card, Women card, etc. Gays should be allowed to serve, if they meet standards, like anyone else; there's no reason to put them in a category other than Sailor/Soldier/Airman.
>>
>>32663496
>but they very much so are treated as though they have a special status

how about some evidence to back up your claims
>>
>>32662883
DOT&E is completely redundant
>>
>>32663121
>has been spending stupid crazy money with little to show for too long.

Examples and explanations please
>>
>>32663511
How about the personal anecdotal evidence I listed in my post? I said there isn't a formal administrative status, I'm citing my personal experience and the experience of others who have spoken to me on the subject, I can't cite events you haven't participated in.

I'm not trying to start and argument and as I said I'm not against gays in the military. My point was only that there is no benefit to dividing people into more groups instead of focusing on the effectiveness of the fighting force, just as Mattis said during his confirmation. Make it something significant and you end up with "Gay Servicemen" and "Straight Servicemen" which is the snowflake status I was referring to. Doing that just leads to decisions being made differently for "Gay Servicemen" just like women/minorities/etc.
>>
>>32663147
Ooh. We have months dedicated to blacks/hispanics/asians/women/fags. We also have clubs dedicated to the same. For acceptance, awareness and education. Should you mention how silly it is, you're racist. Should you mention a straight, white male month you're racist.
>>
>>32663680
We're specifically talking about the military
>>
>>32663511
Talk to any officer who sits selection boards. They are comprised of a set number of officers and must meet certain criteria. A triple threat is a gay black woman. She checks 3 of the mandatory blocks and only takes up one seat.
>>
>>32663694
Uhhh... yes. I understand the premise of the thread and my reply was in response to it. You're full of shit if you say your command doesn't celebrate black/women/Asian/Hispanic/gay pride months/days and have clubs to support them.
>>
>>32663703
>[citation needed]
>>
>>32662883
First off, I'd fuck everyone in Congress until they got rid of the CIA. They keep starting shit and the military has to come in and try to do damage control, ehich always fucks us over.

Secondly, i'd make every MOS in the Marines and Army combat ready, not just infantry MOS's. I'm talking about cooks, cleaners, truck drivers, hell...even the strippers they go to bed with would be on the ready at all times.

Thirdly, I'd get rid of these stupid ass rape classes. It's bullshit and takes aeay valuable time that we could be spending in some field firing blanks at each other.
>>
>>32662883
Procurement. Reduce congressional meddling, let technocrats at the DOD handle it.
>>
>>32663790
>in Congress
He's a fucking SecDef, you fucking retard
>>
>>32663617
F-35
>>
>>32663726
The citation is obtained by speaking to a selection board Officer, you antagonistic faggot. It's no different than Affirmative Action; it takes some irrelevant status of an individual and makes it equivalent to merit, under the guise of doing the exact opposite by supposedly making this status insignificant and unrelated to actual qualifications.

But it seems like you're not going to acknowledge that regardless and are just going to continue to ask for citations you know can't be provided directly. Nowhere are these "anti-discriminatory" policies going to be written because then it would be documented how they're actually blatantly discriminatory.
>>
>Coast Guard and Marines get absorbed into the Navy, Air Force into the Army
>No more gender/religious/cultural quotas, everyone has the same dress code and physical fitness standards: Women that meet the standards of men can still serve. Beards are allowed if they're neatly trimmed and can create a seal with a gas mask
>No more awareness months/clubs, reinstate DADT
>Get rid of all branch-specific camo: combat units go back to having woodland, 3-color desert, and commercial multicam, non-combat units go back to having olive drab
>Scrap the F35 and all other failed projects
>Finally get a new service rifle to replace the ancient M16/M4, switch service pistol to a better caliber than 9mm
>>
>>32663990
>>Coast Guard and Marines get absorbed into the Navy,
They are already in the Navy, you stupid enlisted fuck.
>>
>>32664050
CG isn't even in the DOD at this point you fucking mong
>>
>>32663990
/thread
>>
>>32664063
It's never in the DoD during peacetime, it's in the DoHS, but it immediately falls under the DoD, under Naval command, during times of war (or it can also be switched by the CINC at any time).
>>
>>32664174
No shit. Hence "at this point."

Anon's idea had no such limitation.
>>
>>32663984
He's clearly never served, just like the guy who doubted we have specific race months and clubs to set up and carry out the celebrations.
Out to sea there was no specific regulation they said you had to lace your boots under your coveralls.. it was just kinda understood.
>>
File: ry4xTU0.jpg (45KB, 672x503px) Image search: [Google]
ry4xTU0.jpg
45KB, 672x503px
I would start a popular trend of wearing my pc backwards
>>
>>32664174
question: haven't we been at war for the past 16 years?
>>
>>32664324
>He's clearly never served
It's entirely possible that he had, just before all of this crap.
>>
>>32664416
No, not technically, since Congress didn't officially declare war. If that doesn't happen it's technically still peacetime.

The US hasn't officially been in wartime since WWII.
>>
>>32662883
>strategic competence is non-existent
>R&D and acquisitions is completely fucked
>intelligence is a joke
>but... but... its the wimmens and the gheys ruining the military

/k/ intelligence at its best
>>
>>32662883
>the marine corps
>the coast guard

army and navy can do both there jobs, no sense in duplication.
>sell all unused equipment to the shitholes we already sell out garbage to.
>>
>>32663990
>spend another trillion+ just to find a replacement for the F-35
>>
>>32664582
>sell all unused equipment to the shitholes we already sell out garbage to and civilians*
>>
>>32662992
?
anyone in the military has the potential to get into combat, there is no reason why women should be there at all
>>
>>32663990
?
camo should be a continuous production thing where its constantly produced/modified to fit conditions
>>
>>32663491
>dem
>jewyork

get the fuck away from my mattis you cunt bag!
>>
>>32664597
>anyone in the military has the potential to get into combat
I understand what you mean technically, but the probability of seeing combat stateside and/or in places very distant from any active conflict is nearly nonexistent.
>there is no reason why women should be there at all
There are vastly more non-combat than combat roles across all of the branches where physical aptitude is insignificant in regards to performance. Not allowing them to do anything administrative/logistical/non-combat etc. is a massive waste of manpower.
>>
>>32662904
Do trans people actually get into the military? I figured the near 1:1 anti-anxiety/depressant usage and character issues would filter most candidates out.

And is there a reason against gay people besides dank "watching my ass" memes?
>>
>>32663617
wouldnt there not be any examples....
>>
>>32664657
The military pays too generously, and has too many benefits for it to be hiring women for administrative roles

In the event of a real war, even stateside military bases could come under attack
The idea that you can just fill "non-combat" roles with incapable women is a big fucking mistake
>>
>>32663990
Coast Guard isn't part of DOD. Leave it alone, until it can go back to Treasury.
>>
>>32663617
Examples, Navy LCS (a mess), canceled Comanche project, the canceled new Marine amphibious vehicle.

Those are just three more examples off the top of my head, all wasted billions.
>>
>>32664714
Ok but those 2 cancelled programs were disasters
And the LCS is more or less fine, just people whining about "why isn't it a frigate", and typical high costs coming from being built in non-competitive shipyards
>>
>>32664582
Navy doesn't have icebreakers, so now you're looking at acquiring some and trying to make up for the 60 years of experience and doctrine that you couldn't buy with the new hulls.

Good Chinese solution you have, there.
>>
>>32664741
lol wtf do you need icebreakers for
Thats why we are doing global warming
>>
>>32664714
Commache and the marine IFV was an R&D program that didnt quite make it to acquisition.

You dont lose R&D. Commanche made it into the stealth hawk, marine anfib (ECV) vehicle will be rolled into the new ACV program.
>>
The Commander in Chief trying to dismantle all our alliances and start a war with our biggest trade partner while cozying up to our long term adversary seems like a pretty big headache for the military
>>
File: 1476790837843.jpg (47KB, 514x347px) Image search: [Google]
1476790837843.jpg
47KB, 514x347px
>>32664678
The benefits in school and experience push a lot of people to hide their mental conditions when joining. They figure if they can put up with four years and come out with a free ride through college and four years of experience over their peers, it's worth pretending everything is okay.
>>
>>32664764
Mattis put an end to that meme.
>>
>>32664770
Mattis does what he's told by the president or he gets the boot
He doesn't decide foreign policy
Trump isn't going to turn into some russia hating neo-con shill
Nor is he gonna turn into a chi-com panderer

You know what Trump SHOULD do? Invade fucking cuba and liberate them.
Nothing shows the communist inclination of the US government more than allowing a communist country to exist 100 miles from US borders
>>
>>32664789
>Mattis does what he's told by the president or he gets the boot

Then he litterally loses congressional (especially senate) support for military matters.

He is not a emperor. Trump needs mattis more than the other way around.
>>
>>32664770
Trump just gave an interview about NATO being obsolete, moving away from Germany as an ally, and lifting Russian sanctions

Unless Mattis is planning a coup it doesnt matter much what he says at his confirmation hearings when his new boss says the opposite
>>
>>32664807
Most of congress and the senate are behind Trump, its only the handful of neo-cons who are against him.

He could poach some democrats if needed
>>
>>32664808
Mattis just said that alliances are what made america great.

He disagrees with trump on alot, and it does matter what he says.

>>32664818
100% false.

A great majority were against trump before nomination.

They love mattis however. They waved standard operating procedures to get him appointed.
>>
>>32664704
>The military pays too generously, and has too many benefits for it to be hiring women for administrative roles
I don't see what your argument is here. Pay and benefits are nearly identical for men and women in the military, if there's a job that a woman does equally as well as a man why would they not be paid the same?

>In the event of a real war, even stateside military bases could come under attack
Like I said before, yes, you're right about that however the likelihood of that occurring is so small that it doesn't warrant being the determining factor as for whether or not they should be able to fill those roles since they're almost certainly not going to see combat.

>The idea that you can just fill "non-combat" roles with incapable women is a big fucking mistake
>incapable
I never said allow women who can't do the job to fill the position. Not considering physical combat standards does not mean having no standards at all. Your claim goes both ways as well: why would you want to fill these non-combat roles with incapable men? You wouldn't, it doesn't make a difference if they're a man or a woman if they're incapable either way. Fill roles with capable people, if both a man and a women are able to effectively fill that role, why remove half of your options?

I'm not looking to turn this into a women in the military thread, so I'm going to refocus back on OP's topic.
>>
>>32664834
They are allowed to disagree, but all of them will follow Trump's lead
>>
>>32664834
Yes, Mattis said that.

Trump immediatley went out and said the opposite multiple times afterwards.

Guess who has more authority? Guess who can fire the other one?
>>
>>32664807
>Trump needs mattis more than the other way around.
>the appointer who just won a transformational election victory needs the appointee

topkek
>>
>>32664847
>transformational

?
>>
>>32664753
Resupply at McMurdo, among other things.
>>
>>32664847
Yes. That appointee is his connection to the Senate on military matters now.

Trump, again, is not an emperor. He does not hold total power. Without mattis the entire security committee would be hostile to him. May i remind you that they hold the budget.

>>32664845
See above.

>>32664840
Mattis does not strike me as a man who would go back on his word.
>>
>>32663790
A colonel tried to make his cooks infrantry for a day in Vietnam once and the all got killed in an ambush.
>>
>>32664858

the nature of trump's victory gives him a mandate and he has the support of both the senate and the congress

also if you read anything about trump is that he values loyalty very much and as soon as mattis stops toeing the line, he gets the boot.

who do you think congress will support? the president or some appointee?
>>
>>32664882
>May i remind you that they hold the budget.

oh god

congress hasn't passed a budget for how many years now?

>Without mattis the entire security committee would be hostile to him

what makes you think the house committee has any loyalty to mattis at all when he has not even taken up the post yet?
>>
File: james_yeager_01.jpg (116KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
james_yeager_01.jpg
116KB, 333x500px
>>32664768
If they can manage not to crack in boot camp, I'm not seeing the issue? It's not like a lot of cis/het/whatever enlistees really have their shit together.

I just see this idea that since trans people are allowed to enlist, we're going to get a bunch of tumblr pink-hairs as riflemen something. But there's the hard barrier of medical history and soft barriers of having the inclination to join the military and the character to not wash out.

I'd be less concerned about the effects of allowing testosterone-popping transmen to join combat units than, say, gender-integrated combat units.
>>
>>32664839
>however the likelihood of that occurring is so small
Why do you believe its small? It's large and growing continuously in this era of mass migration
Every non-white in the military is potential for radicalization by foreigners depending on who the US is fighting.

Theres always physical aspects in any job, in the military especially you don't go "Thats not in my job description"
>>
>>32664897
>congress hasn't passed a budget for how many years now?

They have, its just not a new budget. Its a contenueing resolution.

>what makes you think the house committee has any loyalty to mattis at all

They broke standered procedure in nominee requirements, called him uniquely qualifyed, and generally sucked his dick at conformation.
>>
>>32664882
>He does not hold total power.
He holds pretty fucking close to total power

If certain rino's want to start shit, Trump will immediately call for them to be recalled, or simply have them arrested for the crooked shit they've pulled.
>>
>>32664770
>>32664807
Not yet he hasn't.

Given that the Congress is completely unwilling to have any sort of check on Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a coup in a few years if and when Trump goes full commie.

Hell, it'd probably be like Egypt's a few years back.
>>
>>32664920
>He holds pretty fucking close to total power.

Wew lad. No, he does not. Jesus.

You acting like the niggers who screamed "we president now, he gunna pay muh bills!"
>>
>>32662883
Extend the "mandatory draft" from medical personnel to IT.

The military has no idea how to run its electronic infrastructure and will get crushed in a modern warfighting scenario once the satellites get taken out.
>>
>>32664939
Mattis is a General, this means he follows orders and believes that he's told to believe.
His answers during a hearing are not at all binding on him.
>>
>>32664912
>They broke standered procedure in nominee requirements, called him uniquely qualifyed, and generally sucked his dick at conformation.

The GOP run committee passed a waiver on the 7-year separation rule because they can, and it is not some kind of unique occurrence.

Party-line cocksuckery for confirmation hearings is literally the norm and means absolutely nothing for working relationships going forward. For example, Sessions got his dick sucked by the GOP just the other day. Do you think Sessions would last one day if he tried to resurrect Obama-era catch and release?
>>
>>32664950
Does mattis strike you as a lier?

Because if he goes back on his word, thats what he will be labeled as and it will have the same effect as if he was fired.
>>
>>32663790

>make everyone combat ready

Im really happy you're not general mattis
>>
>>32664972
>The GOP run committee passed a waiver on the 7-year separation rule because they can, and it is not some kind of unique occurrence.

First time in a very long time. Not unique, sure, but very rare.

>Party-line cocksuckery for confirmation hearings is literally the norm

Ahhh, but thats the catch, even some of the dems like mattis.
>>
>>32665012
>but very rare

That is because establishment politicians see military men as servants and pawns and don't bother nominating ex-soldiers into political posts.

>Ahhh, but thats the catch

There is no catch, you are reading into something that is par for course and trying to extract some sort of unique special circumstance for Mattis where none exist.
>>
>>32663790
>First off, I'd fuck everyone in Congress until they got rid of the CIA.

Putin, please.
>>
>>32665032
>That is because establishment politicians see military men as servants and pawns and don't bother nominating ex-soldiers into political posts.
No, it's because civilian control of the military isn't some stupid meme.

Several nations have a similar rule, notably Israel.
>>
>>32665032
>That is because establishment politicians see military men as servants and pawns and don't bother nominating ex-soldiers into political posts.

Dumb and wrong.

>There is no catch, you are reading into something that is par for course

Wide bi partisan Senate support for high ranking nominees is par for the course?
>>
>>32665059

For your point to matter you would have to show that previous administrations seriously considered recently retired military brass for SecDef but were deterred by said rule.

Post news stories of BushbamaClinton doing this.
>>
>>32665085
What
>>
Military O's cannot join any military industrial whatever to lobby and make fat paychecks.

No contracting , "advisory role", consultant bs to be cute and work around teh wording of the law.
>>
>>32665012
>First time in a very long time.
because noone has been appointing military people since WW2
>>
>>32663990
Cringe
>>
>>32665103
Jesus christ, stop posting.

>>32665085
It takes an act of congress to get past this rule. That bar, by defualt, removes candidate due to political realities.
>>
>>32665074
>Dumb and wrong.

butthurt soldier detected

the military is the servant, the political class is the master.
>>
>>32665094
I get what your doing, and why, but thats basically unconstitutional.

You cant control people once they leave the public sector.
>>
>>32665112
>It takes an act of congress to get past this rule

the committee votes and a majority grants the waiver. that is what happened with mattis. i guess technically that is an "act of congress" but that would be a massive stretch.
>>
>>32665129
Republicans will have the authority to make constitutional amendments by 2020
>>
>>32665122
I have not served a day in my life, nor would i.

Your reasoning on WHY that rule is in place is dumb. and. wrong.

>"political class"

Ahh. This double think is great.
>>
>>32665112
Who in the last 70 years has been blocked from being appointed due to this need for a waiver?
>>
>>32663990
>gender/religious/cultural quotas
>awareness months/clubs
Is this actually real? What is the point of this? Jesus I need to get out of this country.
>>
>>32665138
No, as in the house and senete had to vote. All of them.

The time for you to stop posting has now come.

Here is the house vote...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/james-mattis-defense-secretary-waiver-233611
>>
>>32665164
They dont put people up for nominiation that dont have a good chance of passing.
>>
>>32665151

Learn to read. The rule is used rarely because of said relationship, not the reason it is there. Hence "very rare" in greentext.

>double think

What
>>
>>32665166
This is what civilian control of the military means
They can directly impose their marxist social engineering

Of course it also means that Trump can remove all of it
>>
>>32665170
>a party line vote in favor of the party's nominee

My God, how rare that must be.
>>
>>32665181
The rule is not there (the orginal point) due to said relationship, hence why you are wrong.

>What

Who just got elected, you idiot?
>>
>>32665194
If you read the damn article, he got wide bi partisan support in the senete.

This post is just an asshurt red herring to distract away from the fact that your a dumbass who does not understand the political process.

You wont admit you were wrong, and talked out of your ass, because you are a nigger.
>>
>>32665196

Never claimed the rule is there due to said relationship, hence you should learn to read.
>>
>>32665206
>does not understand the political process
>thinks Trump needs Mattis more than Mattis needs Trump

topkek
>>
>>32665212
You responded directly to a post that did though. (Very rare due to the REASON of creation).

You should get some comprehension.
>>
>>32665224
>i still cant admit i was completely wrong, nor can i argue your logic, because i am such an worthless ignorant nigger.

jej
>>
>>32665226
It's rare because presidents over the last several decades had no wish to appoint retired military men..
If the Sec Def or others was always a former General, then every election we would see this issue come up.
>>
>>32665145
Supermajority in both houses?

Wont happen. US political process is cyclic, expect repubs to lose net seats.
>>
>>32665226
>not seeing the part in the response which highlights what is being responded *to*

shieeeeet
>>
>>32665249
Not gonna work like that this time
People vote along racial lines & identity issues now

Trump won this election after being abandoned by his party & hated on by the whole media establishment
>>
>>32665241
The issue does not come up because nominees meet requirements.

For example...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hadley
>>
>>32665232
>extrapolating nothing into a ludicrous claim on the balance of power between the appointer and appointee
>>
>>32665260
>cherry picking two words and takeing them out of context to push an irrelevant point.

Shiiieeeeetttt
>>
>>32665278
>Still has no logical response to the claims, still is ignorant of US politcal processes, still is wrong, still cant admit it. and still thinks anyone cares about his grossly ignorant nigger opinon.
>>
>>32665272
Whoops, wrong guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Perry
>>
>>32665279
>takeing them out of context

Is that not exactly what you are doing by claiming the response is on something besides what is explicitly highlighted as the topic of the response?

>cherry picking
>First time in a very long time. Not unique, sure, but very rare

OK explain how the rest of that needed to be included with 'very rare' to provide proper context
>>
>>32665319
The highlighted part of the response was talking about the reason for creation.

>explain
I did, here >>32665226
>>
>>32665290
>not mentioning the party-line house vote somehow proves congress is beholden to mattis
>cannot provide a single example of a cabinet member winning a power struggle against the head of the executive (because that has never happened)
>>
>>32665341
>The highlighted part of the response was talking about the reason for creation.

Highlighted part:
>but very rare

Rarity of use denotes reason for creation? OK.
>>
>>32665184
I sometimes wish I were a kid again so this junk wouldn't bother me.
>>
>>32664839

> if there's a job that a woman does equally as well as a man why would they not be paid the same?

Because the mere prescience of a woman drops performance of the unit regardless of how good she actually does her job. A workplace that is mixed between male/female will always be inherently less efficient than an all-male workplace. We tolerate it in the civi world now but inefficiencies in the military get people killed and should not be acceptable.
>>
>>32665372
The sentence does. Again, you took two words out of context
>>
>>32665385
>First time in a very long time. Not unique, sure, but very rare

What part of that sentence has anything to do with the reason for the rule?
>>
File: 1480908294342.png (2MB, 735x1786px) Image search: [Google]
1480908294342.png
2MB, 735x1786px
>>32662940
>Only focuses on combat effectiveness.
>Gives no shits about the politics

A man after my own heart.
>>
>>32664789
>Invade fucking cuba
>Kill white US soldiers to (((liberate))) perfectly happy brown people
Oy vey
>>
File: 250217578901507915.jpg (671KB, 2261x986px) Image search: [Google]
250217578901507915.jpg
671KB, 2261x986px
>>
>>32664789
>invade fucking cuba

Oh, my sweet summer child, you don't have to militarily invade Cuba to liberate them.

Drop any remaining sanctions, invest in Cuban development concerns, build Trump Plaza Havana, start promoting tourism, watch money flood Cuba, and watch Cuba's commie bullshit come rattling to the ground in the face of all that dough, until such a point as tourists pay too much to visit the "Museum of Communism" with wax statues of Castro and shit.
>>
>>32665535
yea cuz that worked so well with China right
>>
>>32665404
You utterly lack reading comprehension.
>>
>>32665537
China is huge. Cuba is small.
Cuba is not a player in the global economy.

Cuba is close. People want to go to Cuba, or they would if it were nice.
Most people wouldn't go to China if you paid them.

Cuba used to be the jewel of the Caribbean.

China has an East/West culture gap.
Cuba... not so much.

Plus smoked pork in everything and they don't eat bugs.
That's the kind of communism you buy to death, not shoot to death.

Notwithstanding that a military invasion of Cuba
a) hasn't exactly gone well in the past either, and
b) would start a global shit-storm for attacking a non-aggressor/completely militarily insignificant country.

Sheesh...
>>
>>32664380
thinking some junior major who's never done anything more complex than set up a keurig would know how a newly incepted plate carrier system would work.

there was fucking mandatory youtube videos on that plate carrier when we first started getting issued it

>i get it though it looks like ass
>aide-de-camp y u do dis
>>
>>32664902
>>32664768
>>32664678
DOD just created regulations for trans individuals joining. If they're already in there are a lot of hoops to jump through and they have to get approval from various sources before beginning transition. If they already transitioned before joining they have to be "stable" in their new gender for a year before they are eligible to join.

t. MilTranny trying to jump through hoops to get 'mones.
>>
>>32665568
Do the right thing and kill yourself.
>>
What would the benefits of distributing Marine and Air Force assets to the Army and Navy be like?
>>
We don't need two ground combat departments. Marine Corps aviators => Navy, the rest of the Corps => Army.

>inb4 muh tip of the spear
>inb4 muh lance corporal
>inb4 muh special snowflake branch

We shouldn't organize the nation's defense based on your feelings.
>>
>>32664764
>The Commander in Chief trying to dismantle all our alliances and start a war with our biggest trade partner while cozying up to our long term adversary
Obama is leaving office, retard.
>>
>>32663722

those clubs/celebrations consist of an email and a "food festival" and maybe they'll show a Hayazaki movie at the on-base theater.

it's really nothing to get worked up about unless you're a turbo autist.
>>
>>32666225
>>>/pol/
>>
>>32666485
What the actual fuck are you on about
>>
>>32665249
If trump is even halfway decent and the economy improves markedly, it will happen. Democratic base is the less likely to vote in numbers in midterm elections. It took the dems 3 election cycles to put a dem in as speaker of the house.
2002 the GOP gained seats, 2004 it lost seats, and in 2006 it lost enough to lose the house.

The dems aren't going to get the hint to abandon identity politics, it's going to take alot of defeats to remind them
>>
>>32666576
Don't know what you're getting so butthurt about. Odds are that's what you're going to do anyway.
>>
>>32666446

well for one we'd put about a century of progress in airpower behind us because to the Army, the Air Force is just non-organic fires and reconnaissance. and that's all it'll ever be if the AF isn't a separate branch.
>>
>>32662943
pizzagate??
>>
>>32666648
Is Washington DC just a non-stop Eyes Wide Shut party?
>>
>>32664920
>Total power
What the fuck is an impeachment proceeding
>>
>>32668171
because a republican congress & senate is going to impeach a republican president?
>>
File: 1168165262480.png (171KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1168165262480.png
171KB, 700x1050px
Rules of engagement.
>>
>>32663881
:^)
>>
>>32665537
Compared with the China that kept North Vietnam afloat against the US, yeah
>>
>>32668351
Oh yes, you've got me. Trump's got total power and no congressman has ever gone against a sitting president from the same party. You win
>>
>>32662904
>>32662940
>Trumpettes who thought Mattis was going to 'straighten out' the military
>btfo
Today was a good day.
>>
>>32663680
>We have months dedicated to blacks/hispanics/asians/women/fags
Considering that I didn't know that a black man was among the first to die in the American Revolution (the Boston Massacre), or that one traveled across the US with Lewis and Clark, they kinda got a point when it comes to Black History Month. They're kinda downplayed despite being around from the start and contributing, in a non-slave way... shit, ya wanna kill whining about slavery, maybe start treating this stuff like a part of regular history, since it'll show black people that they're as American as anyone else.

Also I've never heard of a hispanic or asian month. Even the woman and gay months are kinda iffy. Blacks are the only ones who have a month where it's a thing 'everywhere'.
>>
>>32664839
You're not crazy, he's just an idiot. There's clear ability to have women in the military and limit them to non-combat roles.
>>
>>32662883
Ban women from all branches and roles, including support roles.
Ban homosexuals from front line infantry, piloting, and naval weapons systems.
Fold all cavalry units into combined mechanized infantry units.
Tighten officer candidacy requirements to prevent incompetents slipping through the cracks.
Remove digital camouflage patterns in all branches, replace with an effective brushstroke pattern.
Ban selling foreign-made goods at the PX. If even the price tag was made in China, it's gone.
Replace the Bradley IFV with the modernized M113 Gavin IFV/APAC
Ban tattoos for all personnel in all roles.
Coast Guard is merged with the navy. Marines become a purely naval fighting force with no land engagements.
Ban selling surplus on the civilian market.
Institute corporal punishment for all violations.
Ban former military personnel from joining private military companies, consulting for foreign governments, or emigrating to other countries.
Make National Guard service mandatory for all former military personnel.
Provide financial incentives for former military personnel to join local police forces.
>>
>>32666225
Already tried that. Landing in Bethesda's inpatient psych ward was how I discovered I was trans. Perhaps you could demonstrate how to do it properly next time. :^)
>>
>>32662940
>>32668604
This just means he cares about results. The results show women and faggots reduce effectiveness. That's why the senator kept trying to give him his word in writing that he wasn't going to kick them out and he kept repeating he cares about results.
>>
>>32662883
Procurement
>>
File: 1482705653515.jpg (169KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482705653515.jpg
169KB, 686x1024px
Make everyone in the Air Force take a piss test and kick them out if they have more estrogen than a predetermined threshold.

Also get rid of all AIr Force linguists.
>>
>>32669724
>women
yes
>trannies
yes
>standard issue faggots
lel no
faggots meet PT and mental standards all the time
>>
I will forever remember today as the day that /pol/ turned /k/ against James Mattis.
>>
>>32668860
This is a troll, could tell by the Gavin.
>>
PC, Woman in fighting units, Woman should be prescribed anticontraception for the duration of duty, F35
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.