[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird range experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: tom.jpg (11KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpg
11KB, 255x200px
>Be me
>taking me, my wife, daughter and wifes son to the range
>get all set up and get my bolt .22lr marlin zero'd at 25yds
> it was weird y'all this crappy techno music started echoin in the hills around the range
> it keeps getting louder and I tell you what I could not understand what that fella was going on about
>so these group of cars some rolling in and there were the ones playing the music
> I go back to showing my wife how to shoot my 500 S&w
> so out of the woodline comes what looks like the 1st division of the bumble fuck army
> Most of these kids are 5'5” and obese except for these two who looks like a damn Auschwitz yetti in body armor and the other looked like someone gave thor a shotgun and nam era LBE
> they are lugging all sorts of ammo crates between em and a mix of old war guns and some assault rifles with orange clips, others had those bushmasters only cops are allowed to own
> one was dressed in some kind of mime shirt with a burglar mask on under his ear muffs
>there is this girl dressed like one of those Chinese cartoon characters but with a bullet proof vest on and this big ass rifle I couldn't identify
>Set up their shit and kinda mumble to one another looking at us
>Everyone notices them and they say “cold range !?”
> shamble onto the range and set up the targets with what look like pieces of steel that had been torch cut off of something and throw some clays on the 100yd berm
> They looked over at us and shouted “Hot range” and I aint ever heard anyone stutter and shout at the same time
>They just kind of opened the crates and pullet out fully loaded clips, who even keeps loaded clips?
>They shot for like an hour straight and we decided to leave because i could hardly hear anything over all the assault rifles going off
>>
3/10
>>
3.7/10 an effort was made
>>
File: 1402608166583.jpg (37KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1402608166583.jpg
37KB, 250x272px
>>32661586
>wifes son
At least try being subtle.
>>
>Own farmland
>Decide to construct a rudimentary range
>Use tractor and scoop to bulid a backstop
>Set up some old counters from the shop as gun tables and thrown some old junk down range as improvised targets
>Go out one day and get set up and start shooting the SKS
>Suddenly hear yelling
>Look around
>Strange old man I have never seen before is yelling at me
>"RAPID FIRE IS NOT TO EXCEED ONE ROUND PER SECOND"
>Confused at who this old man is and what he is doing on my land
>Takes a look at my ammunition on the old counter
>"IS THAT LEAD CORE AMMUNITION? THAT'S ILLEGAL ON THIS RANGE"
>Pulls out a large magnet before I can protest
>Rubs it on my ammo
>"YEAH, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BUY SOME HOUSE AMMO, YOU CAN'T USE THIS STUFF"
>Pushes all my rounds on the ground
>Bend over trying to catch the boxes before they spill out everywhere
>Look up afterwards
>The man is nowhere to be seen

Sometimes, when I go out to my range just before sundown, I can still hear his voice screaming in the distance "RANGE COLD....RANGE COLD...LOOK AT THE FLAG..."

I don't, and do not plan to, ever erect a flagpole.
>>
>>32661586
>on /k/
>read this
>...
>...
>...
>clips
>>
>>32661770
You laugh about phantom fudds, but I actually live in a small down with a woodsy range. It is in a small valley, and is only a single pistol range and a single rifle range, 50 and 300 meters respectively. It is run by the provincial wildlife society, and it has a membership card, but no range officers. There are 6 meetings a year for the local society, and it has to do with range managment too, which is why I'm on the local board. ANyways.

One meeting, the president starts the section with reference to range by asking anyone, and I quote "Have you guys ever seen a guy dressed like a Mennonite come out of the trees and start shooting an old bolt action rifle?"

I personally hadn't, but four other people mention that they had seen a weird guy just come out of the tree halfway down the range, walk down to the firing line, and start shooting at the old targets still hanging. It isn't the biggest problem, except he never comes in through the proper gate, he just shows up downrange, and he doesn't have a membership.

Apparently, anytime anyone tries to talk to him, he just talks back in what is probably Russian, but as one guy eloquently said, "Some Eastern Bloc gibberish."

Long story short, apparently there is a phanton slav mennonite that frequents my range.
>>
>>32661586
>"my wifes son"
-10/10 neck yourself tier bait
>>
>At range shootin' with buddies
>SUV pulls up
>Hearing crying
>Like a girl crying
>See man get out of SUV carrying what appears to be an Ipad
>Throws it downrange
>Goes back to SUV
>Comes back with a shotgun and a crying girl of about was 8 years old
>"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T DO YOUR CHORES"
>SxS shotgun gets opened, he loads not one, but two shells
>Closes the action, shoulders it, aims, and pulls both triggers simultaneously
>Ipad hops downrange
>Lowers shotgun, drags girl to its remains
>"PICK IT UP"
>She picks it up, crying even more
>Guy packs her, the ipad, and the gun back into the SUV
>Drives off

We were all too confused as to what was going on to do anything meaningful.
>>
File: NFstory.jpg (186KB, 1624x590px) Image search: [Google]
NFstory.jpg
186KB, 1624x590px
>>
>Outdoor range.
>Show up early one Saturday morning.
>All the target boards are full of fresh posters.
>All the posters are of small children and battered women.
>All have captions similar to "Gun Owners More Likely to Shoot Their Loved Ones than Intruders."
>Apparently I'm married to a battered woman. Anyways.
>Ignore it, hang my posters.
>A few other guys show up and ask "What the hell?" as well.
>Apparently, local Mothers Against Gun Violence or some shit came out in the night to hang them in protest of gun violence.

I didn't really care, but one guy took copies of the battered woman poster to photocopy and now uses them as pistol targets. I have actually seen him hang and shoot at them, and it's weird. I can only imagine what it would be like for someone who didn't know where he got them.
>>
>go to the range in dead of winter
>fresh snow
>hear wopping and hollering
>peer under the canopy
>3 guys who may or may not be drunk fucking around with Slavshit and shouting in an unknown language
>being extremely rowdy
>RO is in way over his head
>shoot 50 rounds with my mosin a few benches away and leave
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>32662089
>Battered women targets

The military doesn't even use photorealistic targets.
>>
File: yawn-2-1[1].jpg (30KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
yawn-2-1[1].jpg
30KB, 360x240px
>>32661586
>when the OP is all made up and is likely just an attempt to look for reactions of certain kinds for data collecting information service

sage
>>
>>32662089
I would have just used those as my first targets that day.
>>
>Buddy RO's at indoor handgun range occasionally
>Calls me one day and says I should come to work with him
>Says I can pick up a bunch of chicks that day
>Show up out of curiosity
>Range is reserved
>15 women show up, all ages, all reasonably hot and fit
>One of them is leading a handgun famil class
>Ask him what's going on
>It's a Rape Survivor group meeting

We chatted up the group leader after she was done and apparently in addition to support meetings, they attend/conduct self defense classes, including firearms classes, not just for self defense, but also empowerment.

It was coold to see a range full of hot fit chicks, but the fact that they all had been raped and were holding guns made my erection confused.
>>
File: 1483289739430-r9k.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1483289739430-r9k.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>32661770
>>
File: range rage.png (160KB, 233x456px) Image search: [Google]
range rage.png
160KB, 233x456px
no story needed
>>
>>32661586
Shitty bait.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.