[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Guard Y/N

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: guard.jpg (52KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
guard.jpg
52KB, 700x466px
I am a white collar guy who likes guns, his state, and is looking for some extra cash flow (doesn't need to be much) I like the idea of being able to serve my state domestically when there are riots (my state is becoming increasingly destabilized with 2016 race riots and political tension, and has tornados now and then).

I would probably want to be commissioned and would have the ability to take 10 weeks off for Guard OCS if I needed to.

My only concern is overseas deployment to Afghanistan or Syria. I just don't have any interest in serving in these wars and would not join if there is a high likelihood of being deployed overseas (many in my state were years ago). Is there a way to join where your unit is less likely to be selected for overseas deployment, or are most units eventually required to do so?

TL;DR want to defend state and it's many domestic threats in it's milita, do not want to fight or sit around standby in some desert. Is this possible or am I a faggot?
>>
Pretty sure you'll end up getting shipped out if you join the NG

But I don't know shit about it, that's just what I've been told
>>
File: natg.jpg (528KB, 1250x650px) Image search: [Google]
natg.jpg
528KB, 1250x650px
>>32659962
I just don't get this, they can't find enough useful shit for you to do over 5 years at home?

Or do they not have enough active duty soldiers in the army/reserves?
>>
same as reserves?
>>
As someone who was in college and got deployed, don't join if you don't want to deploy. I had a great time deployed though and am considering going back in, so yes, you are a faggot.

Seriously though, if you're that opposed just stay home.
>>
>>32659973
That's how you build a large, experienced force.
>>
>>32659962
>Called "National" "Guard"
>Gets deployed overseas

Kek. You should sue for false advertising. In my country you have regulars (go anywhere), reserves (might sometimes go anywhere), Home Guard (only local service) and paramilitary (only local service).
>>
>>32659941
Yeah you end up deploying.
>>
In my country our reserves are kinda volunteer based for oversea deployment.
>>
>>32660257
It's not called the 50 united States of America reserve for a reason.
>>
>>32659941

there's state militias that don't deploy. no experience with them and not every state has them, but i'd imagine it's turbofaggotry.
>>
>>32660131
How long did you deploy and where?
>>
>>32660417
We have them in Virginia and they're complete boners. Don't get paid, don't go to basic combat training, wear old as BDU's, are all fat or old, etc. They're called the Virginia Defense Force and the only reason I could imagine you'd want to join something like that is if you weren't eligible for actual military service or were some form of turbo pussy.
>>
>>32659941
You're gonna get deployed. What people don't often tell you is that there's a bunch of deployments the Guard takes. I went to the MFO (peacekeeping mission in Egypt) back in 2013. My state has sent people to Somalia before, along with other places like Cuba and Guatemala.

But if your state has domestic trouble, you can get on that action as well. My wife has never been deployed overseas. All her work has been domestic. Assisting local law enforcement, Border Patrol... You'll get to do plenty, and get some good coin and benefits for it. But the chance to get deployed is very real, so get ready for it.
>>
>>32661064
How long was egypt?

Did your civ employer care?
>>
File: sniper rifle.png (2MB, 1018x705px) Image search: [Google]
sniper rifle.png
2MB, 1018x705px
Similar boat as OPs, except I'm fine with both homeland service and deploying overseas.

My only concern is how easy is it to attend specialized training (CQB, air assault, sniper, anything) as an 11B in the Guard? I'd want to be as capable as possible.
>>
>>32660417

I'd imagine a bunch of undercover feds would be pretty combat effective.
>>
>>32661190
9 months in country.

I was a student when I went, so I didn't have to worry about it. But if you go, and they want to stir some shit up about it (like trying to fire you while over there) you have something called USERRA to help you out. TLDR on that; your employer fucks with you while deployed, federal law gets involved. So, no, don't worry about losing your job.

>>32661224
>Schools
>In the Guard

Do you mind sucking dick? Some states have the cash for that, but more often than not? Nah, schools are rare.
>>
File: 9563645772425.png (6KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
9563645772425.png
6KB, 200x231px
>>32659941
>My only concern is overseas deployment to Afghanistan or Syria. I just don't have any interest in serving in these wars and would not join if there is a high likelihood of being deployed overseas

If you're concerned about deploying to foreign lands and fighting in wars, you need to find a job that's something other than deploying to foreign lands and fighting in wars.

Go be a fire fighter or EMS or something. Seriously.

I'm a Nasty Girl. Picture related. AMA
>>
>>32659941
Be a Nasty Girl if you want. But that isn't actually being a real military person.

Went to a Nasty Girl family day when they served lunch because my sister in law. Wife grabbed me food and just skipped the line and walked right in front of them. Not real soldiers, barely people, and bitches even my dainty little wife walks over.
>>
File: 324yadfsf32.jpg (145KB, 768x994px) Image search: [Google]
324yadfsf32.jpg
145KB, 768x994px
>>32661363
>Went to a Nasty Girl family day
>Not real soldiers, barely people, and bitches even my dainty little wife walks over.

Cool story bro. You've never been on a regular Army post of any kind have you?
>>
>>32661460
Not the Army. No, I'm not gay. US military veteran, yes.
>>
>>32661363
Bait, but have you even served?
>>
>>32661506
Yes idiot. I just said I was a veteran.

I know this is hard, but think. What type of veteran would want to talk shit to dumbass Army bitches?
>>
>>32659941
My brother was in the exact same boat as you. He graduated college and got a really good job but said he was always bored. He joined the guard 2 years ago and they're planning to deploy this summer and he's pissed.
>>
File: 1479702363291.jpg (315KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1479702363291.jpg
315KB, 2048x1365px
>>32661529
>What type of low brow fag would want to talk shit to dumbass (any other branch) bitches?

FTFY
>>
File: 1484495825145.jpg (160KB, 960x829px) Image search: [Google]
1484495825145.jpg
160KB, 960x829px
>>32661560
>He joined the guard 2 years ago and they're planning to deploy this summer and he's pissed.

I don't understand people that voluntarily join the military, raise their right hand to pledge their life to defeat enemies of all kinds, but have no interest in actually participating in any of that that. Your brother is a fag and so is OP.
>>
>>32661576
I underestimated the potential of your stupidity.
>>
>>32661224

How does one paint a rifle like this?
>>
>>32659941
dont join the military if you dont want to go to war. Plain and simple.

Also there is no positive cash flow, the only additional cash flow you will receive is the reduction in costs of health insurance, but the measly money you make once a month will not help shit compared to the amount of money from lost wage, unless your a burger flipper.
>>
File: 1480042606689.jpg (253KB, 1021x746px) Image search: [Google]
1480042606689.jpg
253KB, 1021x746px
>>32661620
Hooah.
>>
>>32659973
thats not nasty girls, its county police
>>
>>32661612
Because it doesnt make sense that they would advertise as a part time STATE security force/militia and then have it do double duty on the other side of the planet, when there is not only enough active servicemembers but plenty of reservists to fight the battles overseas. Some of us already have careers (possibly ones that are valuable to our communities), yet still want to give their free time to protecting our state from domestic unrest. That doesnt seem like an exceptionally faggoty request.
>>
>>32661642
y3ah i caught that
>>
File: Consequences_933011_793551.jpg (39KB, 580x532px) Image search: [Google]
Consequences_933011_793551.jpg
39KB, 580x532px
>>32661656
>Because it doesnt make sense that they would advertise as
Believing in As Seen On TV ads ever about anything.

>Some of us already have careers
Then you should just stick with that.

> yet still want to give their free time to protecting our state from domestic unrest
Go be a fire fighter, or a bail bondsman or something. You don't want to be a Guard soldier on "civil unrest duty", I fucking promise you.

Active, Guard, Reserve, it's all the military. Any one that joins one and thinks they won't or can't get deployed are deluded.
>>
>>32661656
Your brother voluntarily signed up for a reserve component of the United States military. If after 15 fucking years of constant warfare he still believed that he wouldn't get deployed if he signed up then he really is as dumb as he sounds.

The best thing for your brother to do is to find a way to get dishonorably discharged before the deployment. That way he'll at least save his unit from having to deal with his faggotry for the year that they are deployed.
>>
Aren't reservists in the us volunteers? It's frowned upon to say no, but in my country they just straight up ask if you want to be shipped somewhere.
>>
>>32661560
>he's pissed

He joined the military and he's pissed he's getting deployed? The primary purpose of a military is to kill people and break things for whatever country they fight for. We really need a world war to bring back natural selection.
>>
>>32661849
It's exactly like that. You CAN say no, but you shouldn't if you give a fuck.

>>32661656
It's not double duty. It IS a state government tool, but seeing as it's federally funded, the federal government can pull troops from it as needed, they just have to go through the state to get them, it's not direct like with the Reserves (which, by the way, have no combat MOS.) It's part of his mission. If he bought the bullshit his recruiter told him, too fucking bad. He can suck it up, or he can say no. He'll be blackballed, but he clearly doesn't give a shit. Drills, AT, he does his time, and he gets out.
>>
>>32661978
Lmao you can't just say no to being deployed. Most you can do is have your buddy go to your commander and tell them (you) have a steady job and a newborn and don't want to get deployed, and promptly be laughed at.
>>
>>32662103
It's why I mentioned you shouldn't if you give a fuck. I've seen people get out of the deployment, and after they do, the ways they get fucked with afterwards is pretty damn amazing, really. No orders, no schools, no awards, no opportunities for AGR or technician positions... I could go on.
>>
>>32661929
Forgot to mention his unit is going to the Ukraine to train with the Ukrainian military, so I doubt he'll be killing people or breaking things.
>>
File: 1467556816175.jpg (45KB, 262x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467556816175.jpg
45KB, 262x394px
>>32662361
>Ukraine to train with the Ukrainian military
Not that the Russians don't already know what we're doing, but please tell us more.
>>
>>32661656
>Because it doesnt make sense that they would advertise as a part time STATE security force/militia and then have it do double duty on the other side of the planet

They don't advertise as some "domestic-only" force, NG deploy all the time, this isn't some esoteric secret wisdom. Your brother is a moron
>>
Join the air Nat guard or AF Reserves. Those bitches don't do shit unless you're a pilot. Pick a useless overseas job like PR or legal and you'll never go anywhere.
>>
>>32659941
if you actually want a chance to do fun stuff in the Guard, don't commission, go enlisted. Being an officer in the Guard is a waste of time.

t. National Guard MP SSG
>>
>>32660131
not a lot of deployments anymore, just sayin
>>
>>32660997
They supposedly do disaster relief stuff and are at the will of the governor only. Effectively boners though. No one is going to call them for riot control
>>
>>32661363
>I've never deployed an am a boot faggot
>>
>>32663505
Must have struck a nerve with these little babies.

I've been out longer than you've been alive. A whole 6 years.
>>
>>32662361
Oklahoma NG? 180th Cavalry?
>>
>>32661358
Don't know if you're still ITT, but are you SF or Support in 19th? I'm looking into joining the 20th here in FL.
>>
>>32659941
I would say if you don't want to deploy, look at the Coast Guard instead. We have overseas deployments, but they're purely voluntary, and the wait list to go is retardedly long. Go to OCS, pick a landlocked specialty (operations, or similar), and muster once a month unless disaster strikes. If not that, than part time Firefighter, EMS, or police would be much more your taste, I think.
>>
>>32659941

Let me tell you a tale. Once upon a time the government thought that we needed more troops. So it decided to create a Reserve force. The National Guard spilled their tendies and REEEEEEEEEEEd as hard as they could

>We are the reserves!
>Muh states rights!
>Muh tyranny!!

So the federal government said that the active duty military is the first to be deployed, the National Guard is the "real" reserves and gets mobilized and deployed second, and the Reserves act as a, well, Reserve and get deployed only if the Active and Guard units can't muster enough troops.

So your ass will get deployed. A lot. Also, many Guard units don't have the same sort of stateside time requirements after a deployment like the Active military is. There are many, many NG units with many more deployments than Active units. Your ass will get deployed a lot.

I would say the odds of you actually helping in a disaster or doing something humanitarian in your state is very low, but your chances of being deployed if any sort of war starts again are 100 percent, guaranteed.

Don't join the military if you don't want to deploy. EMTs are normally looking for people, do that instead.
>>
>>32667290
Maybe during the war they were deployed. I know people in the NG. Ones been in 5 out of their 6 required years. Never deployed, and last I heard can't even pass a PT test.
>>
>>32667316
>Can't pass PT test
Well that could be why
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.