[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearms Manufacture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1480002674993.jpg (276KB, 1600x828px) Image search: [Google]
1480002674993.jpg
276KB, 1600x828px
Anyone have any experience in making guns? I'm setting up a CNC mill and am considering making something like pic related (without the fancy inlays).
>>
good luck.
>>
>>32657132
You will also need a press, lathe, and a furnace.
>>
>>32657144
I have the lathe and the hydraulic press, but I'm just going to buy the barrels instead of fucking around trying to make them, milling and some turning seems to be all that's required.
>>
>>32657159
You still need to heat treat your parts.
>>
>>32657159
i'm sure you'll make a beautiful block of steel without inlays that sits there and does nothing because you have no fucking clue how to make a gun.
>>
>>32657208
Nah you're right, it would be an iterative process but I have a B. Eng in mech so I can at least I can make sure the material properties and dynamics are all good.
>>
>>32657132
Don't listen to the people who say it is hard. It is really simple, I will say this though: fittings can and always will be a bitch with guns. I spend more time filing than I like to admit.
>>
>>32657281
So a good set of files should be on my shopping list?
>>
>>32657309
I generally use a generic dovetail, and a few large flat files. Do you plan on polishing all the parts to match your fancy looks?
>>
>>32657395
Yeah, the CNC leaves a fairly nice finish and I was going to polish the rest with a wheel with increasing grit pads.
>>
>>32657406
Sounds very nice, do you have any experience building firearms?
>>
>>32657515
Just assembly and disassembly, I do have machining experience though.
>>
>>32657885
Maybe you should start off with a parts kit? Apex always has milled receiver AKs and VZs parts kits with barrels
>>
>>32658232
I've built a kit before for a friend and I want something a bit more challenging. I've made the luger in CAD from the original 1908 drawings and I've got all of the tolerances that came with it. Hopefully it will be as easy as building it and sorting out the tolerances.
>>
File: MecGar Luger Magazine.jpg (1MB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MecGar Luger Magazine.jpg
1MB, 1067x1600px
>>32657132
You could make a Luger, but know it'll be expensive, and that springs won't be as simple as on a Browning style automatic.
I do hope you succeed though, because it would be quite amazing to see it made.

Oh, by the way, making your own magazines will be a headache and a half, save yourself and your customers the trouble and sell the guns with MecGar brand magazines, they're very high quality and the gun will already be expensive, might as well go all the way and make it good and functional.
>>
>>32658712
Yeah I figured that the magazines would be a bitch, I'll just buy them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.