[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tap rack bang: AK edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: AK74 tap.png (439KB, 1298x623px) Image search: [Google]
AK74 tap.png
439KB, 1298x623px
Noguns here, In the (unlikely) event that your AK fails to fire, what is the best way to give the mag a tap before you rack the bolt?

As the mag retention is different than an AR's, would it still be the better to hit it on the bottom (black arrow), or would it help more to hit from the front (red arrow), which could help with ensuring the mag is tilted into place?

Again, I'm a noguns, so I have no experience with AKs, and there are no videos I've been able to find on type 1 malfunctions, only type 3's.
>>
File: 1329235619700.jpg (74KB, 1080x576px) Image search: [Google]
1329235619700.jpg
74KB, 1080x576px
Assuming you've made sure all your mags rock into place easily, just grabbing it, and giving it a secure pull back like the red arrow with a slight push forward after to ensure it seated would suffice. There should be several videos on the subject on youtube. Now go, learn, and next time maybe try a QTDDTOT thread if one's up.
>>
>>32656462

You need to clear the chamber before fucking with the magazine.

Pull the bolt back and observe a round leaving the chamber on the first failure to fire.

Let the bolt ride forward and reengage.

If your rifle still doesn't fire, pull the magazine, slam that sucker on your helmet to make sure your rounds are seated, insert it back into the mag well, rack another round, and reengage.

If your rifle still fails to fire and your bolt action is not hindered in any way, then you're going to need to field strip that shit or check to make sure that your ammo hasn't gotten wet or something.
>>
>>32656529

I also forgot to mention that if you don't observe a round leaving the chamber when you first try to clear it or your bolt is stuck, then you're going to have to some advanced field clearing...

..and by that, I mean slamming your rifle into the ground stock-first while desperately shoving the charging handle toward the rear in an attempt to unseat the stuck round.

If you're not getting shot at, though, you should probably just break out the barrel rod and give that a try before ruining your zero.
>>
>>32656462
You don't tap an AK mag. The way it works it's either seated properly or not and tapping it won't fix it if it's seated wrong.
>>
>>32656462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8usdAYzV3QQ
>>
>>32656462

Same angle as the red arrow, but slightly higher on the mag.

Also,
>>32656529
>>32656591
is overestimating the capability to act reasonably under stress. His advice is only good for range days, not combat.
>>
>>32656462

Your best option is to remove the mag and use a new one.

You can use the gross motor skills method as shown by Lord Haley.

https://youtu.be/K7cyQlsUQ6E
>>
>>32656962

>Also,
>>32656529
>>32656591
>is overestimating the capability to act reasonably under stress. His advice is only good for range days, not combat.

Well what his advice boils down to is basically
>rack dat bolt and hope it works, otherwise run
>>
File: low motor skill reload.webm (510KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
low motor skill reload.webm
510KB, 640x360px
>>32657425
>>
>>32656462
Like the red arrow
>>
>>32657425
Wtf did I just watch
>>
>>32656962

>overestimating the capability to act reasonably under stress.

The shit that I posted is the standard operating procedure for dealing with a failure to fire in combat, kid.

Look up SPORTS and stop trying to be a cool guy.

You obviously wouldn't field strip your shit in the middle of a firefight, but you would do everything else in my posts in that order.
>>
>>32656462
>tapping kalashnikov mag

Just rack it faggot
>>
>>32656512
>QTDDTOT
kinda agree, so, while we're here

is there a trustworthy guide to AK armoring?
>>
>>32659129
>seeing firepower united for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq0ztaCwb-A

savor it
>>
>>32656462

It's a AK mag, not some piece of shit AR mag that still doesnt work after several design revisions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WPS0npjXS0&t=52s&spfreload=10
>>
>>32656462
If your AK fails to fire, it's probably empty, so you should get in the habit of automatically loading a fresh mag whenever that happens.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.