[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the svt-40. I found one near me in oregon in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 45653vsd567.gif (444KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
45653vsd567.gif
444KB, 500x372px
Tell me about the svt-40. I found one near me in oregon in a shop for $1400. Its a Tula and a finnish capture. Should i go for it?
>>
>>32655029
Link to armslist posting:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/6066491/portland-oregon-rifles-for-sale--tula-svt-40-finnish-capture
>>
Are you a collector or do you just want a gun to blast 7.62x54mmR with?
>>
Oh dear, autonugget for 1400 bucks? Last time I saw it here was equivalent of about 400 in CZ. From what I heard, they are little bitchy to clean, but man, the a e s t h e t i c. Also, 7,62xNuggetfood is a fun round.
>>
>>32655041
Both. All my firearms are wood stocked and the majority are milsurp but i still do shoot them
>>
>>32655057
Their magazines are a total shitfest, not interchangeable between different guns.
>>
>>32655057
The cleaning part isnt a big deal. I disassemble my funs for fun. And the ashetic? Damn right autonuggets are sexy
>>
>>32655071
Aren't they supposed to be mainly reloaded with clips anyway?
>>
>>32655071
Oh fuck, really? Well, there goes the idea of getting one out of the window. I would love to get one, but I mourned the next-to-unobtainium of bayonets and the mag non interchangability is the last straw. Sadface.
>>
>>32655029

Do you want it?

Do you have the money to buy it?

Do you have other mandatory expenses?

If you answers were yes, yes, and no then buy it.
>>
>>32655071
It comes with 2 mags anyways, im not too concerned about that as long as they fit
>>
>>32655081
They can be made to work with adjustments but it requires some knowlege about what exactly you are seeing and how to fix it. Luckily our friends up north should be able to help you.

The price is actually okay
>>
File: vepr 54r battle rifle.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
vepr 54r battle rifle.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>32655078
Sure, but there's a lot of appeal of having detachable mags on a gun like this, where they're meant to be detachable.

>>32655081
You might like a Vepr or Super Vepr in 7.62x54mmR, depending on if you want that wooden stock look or want to go for a more contemporary looking battle rifle.
>>
File: Vepr Hunter 7.62x54mmR.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vepr Hunter 7.62x54mmR.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>32655104
If you say so, but it isn't quite like other surplus battle rifles, you'll quite possibly have to do some work on it at some point.

Here's a picture of the Vepr Hunter in 7.62x54mmR, which is similarly priced.
>>
File: vpo-124.png (189KB, 1280x250px) Image search: [Google]
vpo-124.png
189KB, 1280x250px
>>
>>32655127
Im really old fashioned and that looks ugly to me
>>
File: hakim 7.92x57mm battle rifle.jpg (108KB, 960x654px) Image search: [Google]
hakim 7.92x57mm battle rifle.jpg
108KB, 960x654px
>>32655141
Then maybe an M1 Garand or an Egyptian Hakim would be more your speed.

Of course, the Hakim won't like the really hot Turkish surplus ammo so you can't shoot that just as cheaply as you'd want.
>>
I knew exactly what SVT you were talking about since you mentioned the price and you live in Oregon. I've been to the shop that has been trying to sell that for the last 6 months. I've had multiple bad experiences with them and the SVT is a beater. Finding milsurp in Oregon can be very difficult, so if something like an SVT doesn't sell for 6+ months, you know there is something wrong with it. The same shop also tried to rip me off of $20 when I did a FFL transfer and we agreed on a fixed price and they raised it when I got there (it was an estate dealing with 20+ firearms, so the price was reduced). They also pack that thing up and lug it to every gun show that I've been to in the past six months, so it may have gotten some more dings and scratches with the other guns they haul to every show. At the time I didn't know enough about SVTs to tell you exactly what is wrong with it, but the wood and metal was in poor condition, and I was told it was on consignment. If you do decide to go in, he told me they can take a lower price then what they are asking, since the buyer has a minimum lower then $1400
>>
>>32655106
Yeah, I guess. I am kind of torn between an SKS, Vz.58, AKSU and autonugget. I like all of these rifles, each for it's own few things, but damn, choosing is my weak side.

>>32655113
Oh, x54R AK does sound like a lot of fun, too. Altough I must say that while wooden Veprs can look damn nice, I just dunno if I'd want one in BR cartridge, or go straight for 12ga. I know this is nothing new under the sun, but hot damn, I want it all.
>>
File: 39.jpg (229KB, 538x941px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
229KB, 538x941px
I don't know anything about the market in Oregon, but in Kansas I've seen them go for $900
>>
I personally won't buy x54r guns again until we get new surplus ammo imports

I shoot 308 for $2 a box less than I shoot x54r now
>>
>>32655246
>>so if something like an SVT doesn't sell for 6+ months, you know there is something wrong with it.

Idk about that anon, there are two super clean examples in Washington state. People don't buy them because most people don't really want to spend $1500+tax for an SVT-40. Also, the ones who want one and have the funds to buy one, have one already.

I'm looking to get one from one of the gun shops that have it in stock, as soon as my Uzi arrives at my FFL.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.