[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armslist Deals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: armslsit_1_14_2017.png (378KB, 1584x811px) Image search: [Google]
armslsit_1_14_2017.png
378KB, 1584x811px
First time gun buyer here, not exactly rolling in the dough, but I also want a new hobby. Guns seem fun and there prices are definitely motivating me to get my butt into gear to afford my new hobby. Ar's seem a good 'bang' for your buck (how many times have you heard no pun intended after that?). I'm wondering if this is a good deal. I checked the receiver price and it's around 260 new. Don't know anything else about the gun, so I'm wondering what are other people's opinions on shelling 650 out for this AR, are...?
>>
>>32651154
Palmettostatearmory.com
>>
>>32651154
I suggest you build your own and make it exactly the way you want and learn all about it in the process. If you can put together a plastic model, you can assemble an AR. Watch the training videos at Midwayusa.com to see what tools you absolutely need, which are optional, and what's involved.

If you'd really rather jut not fuck around, though, and just want something that goes bang, then... yeah. >>32651167
>>
Not a good deal at all fucking awful. And it's ugly as piss with a shot red dot.
>>
>>32651154
Random thrown together parts gun on armslist is not an ideal first AR
If you have never owned a gun before I'd suggest a 9mm handgun or a .22 rifle
If you really want an AR, buy a brand new S&W or DMPS, not a used mystery gun off armslist.
That's not even a good price
>>
File: 1463189188854.jpg (54KB, 224x278px) Image search: [Google]
1463189188854.jpg
54KB, 224x278px
>>32651154
Look out for Anderson Arms complete rifles without furniture

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/ar-15-oem-16-rifle-w-front-sight-base-prod94583.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=ANDERSON%2bMANUFACTURING
>>
>>32651308

No, this is going to be my first gun. I actually live in a pretty small house, so in order for me to have a long gun safe or cabinet, it would have to sit in my living room, which isn't something I really want. At the same time, I kinda wanna just have some fun, so that is why I'm looking into AR's.

I also live near a high traffic road, and about a year ago some crazy vagrant came up to my door talking word salad. He was a 'big guy' for me, so I called the cops to let them know some big crazy old fudd looking guy was at my door, and could come please come check out my property and make sure he wasn't waiting to jump me. The cops never came. So, that is also a concern for me. If I was to get a handgun, I'm deadset on a Glock 9mm. I also live in a CC state but it requires a class and to pay the state, so I dont think I can afford the CC permit yet, so I'm leaning toward the G17 or 19.
>>
>>32651472
G17 or G19 are both great guns. Basically the only reason to choose the G19 out of those two is if you want to CC it, a G17 can be concealed but it will be more difficult
>>
>>32651154
ARs a a fantastic bang for you buck. you can configure a rifle or pistol for as little as $400, and skys the limit on upper price.
theyre highly customizable, easy to shoot, ergonomic, as mentioned before can be configured in a lot of price ranges, and the aftermarket support is second to no other gun. its going to be around longer than you.
the gun in the ad is shit, avoid.
>>
>>32651747

I've read that even Glock 19's are a bit cumbersome to CC, I guess that is because of the nature of double stacked magazines. I kind of want to buy guns for situations in which they are best at. I see a Glock 17 as a high capacity gun that I can feel good about pulling in a home defense scenario, and an easy shooter at the range. I look at the Glock 19 as that also, but in a vaccum I see the Glock 17 coming out ahead in those scenario. An ideal gun for me would be a lightweight hi cap singlestack but physics n' shit. So my logic is home defense now, personal defense later i guess.
>>
>>32651931
19 comes out ahead.

17 is more of a gun for winter, at home, range toy.

19 is the mule, it works for cc and all of the above just as well.

The 17 is longer which is nice, but the 19 fits the hand just as well most likely.

The 19 can take 17 mags.

If your looking for ccw get a 26 or a 19, they can all take the longer 17 or 18(33rnd) mags.

Also your logic is ass backwards, it should be personal defense always since you'll have it at home anyways....

If your on the poor end go on armslist or a gun store and just get a kel tec pf9/p-11 for 200-250 bucks.
>>
>>32652134

I can afford an 800 - 900 dollar gun, but I can't afford another 500 dollars for the CC permit for the state I live in, that is the logic of someone on a budget that cannot afford to protect themselves in their state lol. Could you inform me of the comfortability of doublestacked striker fired pistols such as the glock 19 or 26? 26 Was going to be my choice, but after watching reviews, people said that after a while they ditched them for the single stacks. I'm looking to carry in the waistband.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.