[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medic Question/Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /k/, I was at the range today and cut myself with my own knife trying to get some tape.

It was a decent cut, when tending to I realized that I didn't have anything other than tape to stop the bleeding.

Then I thought to myself, what the FUCK would I have done if I was shot just now?!

How would you treat yourself if you were shot but didn't die immediately and weren't incapacitated?

Let us say that the person who shot you knows they shot you and will pursue you and kill you.

What could you realistically do to both treat your wound effectively, ease pain, and stay in the fight until you can get to safety?

Do adrenaline shots work like in hardcore henry or is it just a vidya game meme?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
another pic I got from the incident
>>
>>32651075
Step 1: Stop the bleeding
Step 2: Get angry
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Skull fuck the guy who shot you.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
Day/k/are is still open? Aside from a tourniquet or pressure dressing, theres not much you can do. Even the first rule of buddy aid is to neutralize the threat.
>>
>>32651075

Pick up that brass bro.
>>
>>32651075
>>32651109
>>32651131
Why the fuck are you bleeding all over everything at the range? That's a serious health concern.
>>
>>32651075

Take a basic first responder course. Or an EMT course but that can be a bit much for most peoples purposes.

The basics are put pressure on the wound. If it's bad enough pack it with gauze. If that doesn't work, tourniquet. Keeping yourself in the fight is a lot of mental, working through the pain. There are no magic medicines that will make it not hurt and leave you clear/level headed.
>>
>>32651131
Why is there a mag duct taped to your stock, surely that isn't the easiest way to have a backup mag?
>>
>>32651231

I live in rural Texas and I like to open carry it while while working around my and my brothers property. But I don't like the idea of having only one magazine and taping one magazine to another just seems like overkill. So i just keep it there for when shit hits the fan, its my last mag. I rip it off and stick it in. Its pretty much a part of the gun now that I've forgotten about and only realize its there when people point it out.

>>32651205

Like I said it was a bad cut and I dropped everything, tape, knife, magazine. I looked around for a towel or something and when looking for something I was bleeding the whole time.
>>
>>32651219
There are no magic medicines that will make it not hurt and leave you clear/level headed

non narcotic pain killers
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>32651394

Forgot pic

Other than that it was a good day. Comfy range time.
>>
>>32651131
Unfuck.
Your.
Shit.
Fix that sight and that backup mag. While you're at it, hit that piece of shit with a few darker stripes of paint. We both know you dont live in some eastern shithole so break up that color. And buy an ifak and learn how to use it
>>
>>32651075
If I was shot by a random fucker I would obviously get away just enough were I would have enough time to take my knife out and pry out the bullet but if it went through then that is fine because I can take out my propane torch and cauterize the wound before getting back up.

Then I will wait for the person that was chasing me to get to my location and I will hide away and wait for the fucker to get close by enough for me to taggle him down and yank the gun away from him and use the gun to shoot both his knees and elbows before I break the slide off the gun and jammed the top slide of the gun up his ass and grab his testicles and crush them in my hands as the guy screams in agony.

Then once the fucker is obviously too much in pain to move I will take the slideless gun and stab him in the stomach with the sharp end of the gun and proceed to punch him relentlessly and take my knife out and chip away his teeth and cut out his tongue.

I will stand up and stomp on his arms and legs until they are shattered and unusable and I will bite down on his noes and rip it out and rip his ears, fingers, toes and most importantly his fucking lips.

I will obviously then take out my adrenaline and inject him in the veins to keep him awake and use my propane torch to cauterize any wounds he has so he doesn't bleed out and I will pry his eyes out with my knife and force it up his asshole.

I'll use his phone to text whatever friends and family he has and say the most fucked up shit I can ever think of to destroy all relationships and then send them all a picture of the guy before I break the phone and spit on the guy.

That will teach the motherfucker for shooting me.
>>
>>32651722
>someone tries to kill antman and misses

Hate to be that guy
>>
>>32651131
LOL nice piece of shit gun, you fucking cumsprayed ar faggot
>>
>>32651600
Why the fuck are you waving a firearm towards the rangebay. Its no wonder you stabbed yourself OP, you're a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 640x447px
>>32651660

How do I "fix" my backup mag?

As for the sight I'm not moving it, I feel better knowing I have backup sights so those stay, I'm not putting it on my rails because it looks retarded and the window becomes too small to feel comfortable, and any closer to the backup sights and I can't fit my magnifier.

As for the color scheme I literally took a handful of dirt, put it in a plastic bag, drove 30 miles into town and asked for this color paint and thats what he gave me. The exact same color that my house and my land is. Which when shit hits the fan is what I will be protecting. Besides cotton my house land is this color dirt for miles. Kind of a homefield advantage.

Thanks for the ifak recommendation. I might just take a look at it and make my own version.

I'm not going to post a picture of my house and property but pic related is very close.

I'm at the nearest range which is a decent drive and this is the first time its rained in almost a month.
>>
>>32651842
>normies on my /k/
get back to arfcom
>>
>>32651836

Only person at the range today, even the owner wasn't there.

>>32651805

I never claimed to have anything great, also if your cum is that color you might want to get that checked out.
>>
File: 1480905234128.jpg (49KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
1480905234128.jpg
49KB, 960x767px
>>32651805
Shut the fuck up faggot, you're embarrassing yourself. Try harder.

>>32651131
Get a Bushnell TRS25 or other budget red dot. I don't know wtf is on your stock but it looks a bit silly.

Buy or make a small medical kit, it should atleast have medical tape, gauze, a sling, touriquet, and pain medication, because that's what most people need.
>>
>>32651124

My list would have reverse the order of 1 and 2. Angry then stop bleeding, followed by more anger.
>>
A fat pack of 4x4 gauze pads, kerlix, ace wrap (with velcro), tape, super glue or dermabond, coban, and petroleum gauze. Maybe tegaderm or tegasorb of you can find ot. An Israeli dressing if you want to be super autistic.
>>
Super glue can be used to fix cuts easily. You should also have a med bag in your car or on you really anywhere you go fampai.
>>
>>32652178
NO TOURNIQUET. Idiot.
Get direct pressure pads. Unless you don't want to keep whatever is downstream of the tourniquet.
>>
>>32651394
That duct tape looks way to new to be something you just forgot about. People must point it out a lot though, so you must be aware of it every moment its getting air.
>>
>>32651075
>>32651109
>>32651131

Why are you posting these bitchy little pictures of you bleeding like you got a papercut?
>>
>>32656224

If you have a catastrophic wound, you're gonna need a tourniquet.
>>
File: 1483745236279.gif (884KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1483745236279.gif
884KB, 245x150px
OP, you're one of those fucking pussies who likes to take advantage of small cuts by holding cuts over equipment until a tiiiiny little drop happens to drip down and speckle your gear. Then post about it on Facebook or a Malaysian Spelunking Forum for attention.

Or this shit:

>>32651600

>MUH BLOOD
>better start posing and taking pictures of myself and my guns with my BLOOD
>Then I'm going to tactically clean up my BLOOD so I don't get in trouble by the range management
>BLOOOOOOOD

You stupid fucking cuck. I absolutely fucking hate people like you. And SWEET duct taped mag you happened to forget about with brand new duct tape.

>GOTTA KEEP ONE READY IN CASE I GET ANOTHER SMALL CUT WITH BLOOOOOOOD
Get the fuck out of my Texas. Get the fuck off our /k/, you gigantic floppy pussy.
>>
File: IMG_0756.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0756.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>32651131
This is how you rattle can a gun, you faggot. This is the gun of Some guy who had just started setting up his shit, and even HE made a better fucking set up than you. Get your shit together.
>>
>>32651075
>how to treat a GSW
1. STOP BLEEDING. The first step is to cover with gauze and apply pressure. Quikclot is highly useful here, and thats why i keep a stock in the medic bag i keep in my car. If the bleeding persists, you need to apply a tourniquet (works only for extremity wounds). This is a shit choice if you're not going to get immediate medical attention, because it'll cause additional tissue damage from lack of bloodflow. If you're shot in the chest/neck and notice bubbles, you need an occlusive dressing (sealed on 3 sides) to keep your respiratory system protected.

2. DONT GO INTO SHOCK. Your next problem is that you probably lost some blood, and if you go into shock you're not going anywhere. Lie down and get a warm blankie to conserve body heat. If possible start and IV and replace fluids, but you probably dont have the necessary equipment.

3.BULLET. it should stay in, dont go fucking around inside your wound- you'll just cause more bleeding and probably go into shock. If it shattered bones you cant fix that, if it's perforated organs you cant fix that. YOU NEED A SURGEON.

Adrenaline (epinephrine) will not help you here. it has 2 relevant mechanisms of action, one is peripheral vasoconstriction, which will raise your blood pressure and make bleeding harder to stop, but might help if you are in the late stages of shock (in which case you're fucked). It will also increase your heart rate, which will only help if you are already in late stage shock (fucked). In early stages your heart rate will already be high, in which case Epi will increase the chance you go into a dysrhythmia and fucking die.
>>
>>32657539
1000% this. SACK THE FUCK UP OP!
>>
So what I took away from this thread was

>get an iFak

>Get some darker desert camo and give it some stripes

>Get a jewOtech you poorfag xDDD

How am I supposed to carry a backup mag without keeping it in my fucking pocket or something? I want it on the rifle.
>>
>>32657824
Keister it.
>>
>>32657824
Not the same guy, but get a plate carrier, or one of those fudd-ass stock wraps with a pocket in it, or something man. Duct tape is fine if you're 15 and it's airsoft gun. This is just sad though.
>>
>>32657953

You seem to miss the point, when I'm operating I have all my gear, but whenever I'm just driving around I want to have a backup mag on my gun. I don't want to be an autist walking around town with a plate carrier on all day.
>>
>>32657824

Get an actual stock pouch or rug a pouch to your forend.

Also, sack the fuck up, you should also take that away.
>>
>>32658051

Christ, if you can't get a singular web gear mag pouch and slide it on your belt while you're "working the land" then rig one to your rifle or just don't.

Moreover, can you even come up with a situation "driving around town" where you'll have occasion and time to deploy not only a rifle, but multiple mags?

It looks like smashed ass. At the very least, get some earth-tone workout wraps and wrap tightly all but the part you'll be pulling on.

We just want better for you.
>>
>Cut at a gun range

RIP. You're already dead. The lead contaminates in the air have already entered your blood stream.
>>
>>32660298

>Situation where you deploy a rifle and multiple mags

Tyrannical Government, I'm not going down without a fight

I don't want a fucking pouch on me, I want the extra mag on the gun you retards. Read my posts. I already got a solution from >>32660250
>>
>>32660364

If you think a tyrannical government is just gonna happen while you're out driving, you'd best have more than a dinky little spare mag taped to your gun.

Also, both of those posts were me, indicating that I am the supreme disperser of wisdom.

I will now take you fishing, my son.
>>
>>32651075
unless you were buck ass naked and walked to the range you had infinite things to be used as bandage, and clearly, a knife to make it with.
>>
>>32656224
medicine has advanced since the 'nam. He'll fine with a tourniquet as long as he gets to a hospital in 24 hours.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.