[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this real life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: tmIWt.png (26KB, 468x294px) Image search: [Google]
tmIWt.png
26KB, 468x294px
Is this real life?
>>
>>32650926
Keep your Facebook on Facebook. That's why there is Facebook.

Nobody cares.
>>
>>32650940
shut the fuck up, asshole.
>>
File: 1319504506977.png (9KB, 525x562px) Image search: [Google]
1319504506977.png
9KB, 525x562px
>>32651004
>>
Would those guns not sell like hotcakes today?
H&K just doesn't give a fuck because civvie sales are such a small portion of their total
>>
>>32651325
They wouldn't sell like hotcakes because H&K is gonna price themselves out of the market again. They'd still sell just like MR 556 and 762s sell, probably better.
>>
>>32651325

HK doesn't give a fuck because they can't sell the US anything cool between the US import laws and the German export laws.
>>
>>32651325
>Would those guns not sell like hotcakes today?
>H&K just doesn't give a fuck
Stupid people like you don't seem to understand the purpose of a European gun company opening up a factory in America. Let me lay this out for you...

>Glock
>originally only makes big service pistols
>.380 caliber service-size pistols are banned from import except to LE
>they open up a US factory in Smyrna, GA
>suddenly design and start producing the Glock 42 and Glock 43
>much money is made

>Sig Sauer
>originally they can only import big service pistols like P220, P226 and P228
>opens up a US factory in Exeter, NH
>thereafter produces the P230/P232, P239, P290, P238 and P938
>much money is made

>Walther
>unable to import the PPK directly from Germany anymore
>contracts Smith and Wesson (a US manufacturer) to make it for them
>much money is made

>HK
>only produces big service pistols
>in the process of opening up a US factory
>...
You fill in the blank.

The 1968 Gun Control Act defines a pistol as suitable for import only if it meets certain sporting criteria in a point system. Small caliber (.32 and 380) pistols and especially small pistols (i.e., pocket size) are generally disallowed. This law is still on the books and gun manufacturers still have to follow the letter of the law with the types of pistols they import or else be subject to legal penalty because
>slim pocket pistol produced abroad = scary murder weapon, BAN IT,
but
>slim pocket pistol produced in America = just fine.
>>
>>32651683
Whoops, I didn't realize the P7 was banned from import even though I'm generally familiar with the import laws
In that case I hope they open a US factory as soon as possible
>>
>>32651800
The P7 is actually big enough to be imported, but the implication is that HK is likely cooking up a single stack 9 to compete with the rest of the market (i.e., a little smaller than the P7).
>>
>>32651353
How is that relevant for this discussion about the new factory that H&K is building in the U.S.?
>>
Does this mean I won't have to pay a gorillion dollars for a USP now?
>>
>>32652194
>USP
>Expensive
Pick one.
They are gr8 handguns at a good cost
>>
>>32652261
Why would I pay an extra 300-400 when I could buy a Glock which functions just as well?
>>
>>32652286
If all you care about is function then go buy a fucking hi-point. Why spend that extra money on a glock when you can get a hi-point that works as well?
>>
>>32652286
Aside from blue label Glocks will run you $500 at best (MAP). A new USP will run you about $700-$800 depending on model and seller. If your goal is to spend as little money as possible (and thats reasonable) you probably will end up buying a canik or something similar. If your goal is to have a nice hammer fired polymer framed pistol, the USP is a good choice
>>
>>32652319
>t. nogunz
>>
>>32650926

Is this just fantasy?
>>
>>32651924

I...I just hope they build some cool stuff to sell in the US, now.

That's all. :-(
>>
>>32654986
Caught in a landslide
>>
>>32651924

We can only hope that the factory will be staffed by German engineers using German tooling to produce firearms out of imported materials.

Because otherwise we're going to be scrambling to buy up all of the made in Germany HK stuff.
>>
>>32657385
hk45's have been made in the usa

engineers aren't factory workers

not every us factory is like sig exeter
>>
>>32654536
>t. retard
>>
>>32650926
>mfw I tried to teach the guy that having a MR556 barrel not chrome lined was retarded, especially since in Europe we've got the MR223A3 with chrome lined barrels.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.