[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a .22...my mind is set on the Remington 597 heavy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I want to buy a .22...my mind is set on the Remington 597 heavy barrel. Am I making a good decision or should I go with a 10-22? Budget is $300
>>
>>32648446
I mean, I live in New Jersey (Anti-gun state) and I can find a 10/22 on sale for $210-220 pretty often at Dicks. On black friday they sold for $200 and came with a 2nd free 10 round rotary mag.

I'd say go for the 10/22 for the reliability of the 10 round factory magazines and the aftermarket shit in case you want to customize.
>>
>>32648485
>
oh also back up iron sights are pretty great and allow you to get a feel for the gun without shelling out big bucks on glass.
>>
>>32648446
>my mind is set on the Remington 597 heavy barrel
why? what was your reasoning behind that?
>>
I would go for a cz 452 if you can find it. probably the highest quality .22 for the price and most accurate you can find. The 452s can hold their own with Anschutz
>>
>>32648635
>probably the highest quality .22 for the price
my Remington 541S thinks you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

> and most accurate you can find
have you ever shot a Remington 37 or a Winchester 52?
>>
>>32649305
>He thinks Remington is higher quality than a cz

Hahahahahaha
>>
>>32649406
>he doesn't know that the guns I referenced are commonly available, but made before he was born
HAHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>32649459
Maybe he wants something made recently. Old guns like that are great and often a blast to shoot but god forbid a part breaks on them.

I'm a big fan of the CZ455. Most will swear by the CZ452 and there's nothing wrong with those either.
>>
>>32648446
I had the normal barrel 597

thing was unreliable as fuck even with the new mags
Sold it and got a 10/22, thing works so much better.

I did like the standard stock better on the 957, also it did have bolt hold open. But all that don't matter if I cant get through 10 shots without a jam.
>>
>>32649481
>god forbid a part breaks on them
the 541 was made from the 70s well into the 90s. parts are everywhere. Remington 37s don't break. Winchester 52s don't break either, but were made from the 20s until the 80s, saying that you can get parts is an understatement.
>>
>>32649459
Ya I'm sure they're sub moa like cz 452 and the same quality

Some people want new bub
>>
>>32649554
>Some people want new bub
some people want dicks in their ass too, doesn't make it the correct decision.
>>
>>32649602
Enjoy your old shit gun with a shot out bore that gets 2 moa I'll enjoy my brand new pristine 452 ultra lux that shoots sub moa with eley prime.
>>
>>32649644
>it's possible to shoot the bore out of a .22lr
kek
>>
>>32649644

> shot out .22 bore

The amount of .22s that ever reach the point of having a "shot out" bore has to be a tiny fraction of a percent of the 22s that are in active use.

And Remington 541s are EXTREMELY high quality.
>>
>>32649305
I've seen one 541 in the 6 years I've been into guns that want beat to shit and cost way more than I wanted to ever pay for a .22 rifle...
>>
>>32649758
>I've seen one 541 in the 6 years
>checks used gun sales sights
>finds half a dozen in 30 seconds
>>
>>32648446

Consider the marlin 795, op
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.