[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that glocks don't need lube?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Is it true that glocks don't need lube?
>>
Absolutely
>>
Lube is recommended the first few times, after that it should go in easily.
>>
>Glock does not recommend firing lead bullets or handloads in general
>have to buy an aftermarket barrel just to plink with cast bullets
What is this fuckery
>>
>>32647219
it's a $500 gun
>>
File: lolatyourlife.jpg (135KB, 456x437px) Image search: [Google]
lolatyourlife.jpg
135KB, 456x437px
>>32647190
Is it true that your mom's butthole doesn't need lube?
>>
>>32647219
polygonal rifling while it assists with less bullet deformation and usually has higher velocites with improved longevity as a result, it lacks the deep grooves of traditional rifling where lead fouling can be pushed into and "safely" build up. So in polygonal rifled barrels, unjacketed lead builds up everywhere throughout the bore resulting in it squeezing the projectiles tighter and tighter which leads to increased pressures that could surpass what the barrel is proofed for.
>>
>>32647402
is this what caused exploding glocks?
>>
>>32647237

Not in Canada :(
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/glock-gen4-series-pistol-g17-gen4/
>>
>>32647190
Thats correct. You only need one trigger pull to level the block.
>>
>>32647190
If you wouldn't do it to your dick don't do it to your gun
>>32647425
No that was a slightly weaker design and people shooting +P+ (and this only happened in the first run of .40 S&W Glocks)
>>
>>32647425
for kabooms that werent 100% ammo or user error related, the early glocks had woefully unsupported chambers where warm ammo could rupture at the web.

They still dont have fully supported chambers from the factory in the interest of reliable feeding of a wide range of ammo and bullet types, however they are much better than in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>32647426
what about gen 3's?
>>
>>32647190
There is no firearm on earth that should be used without lubrication.
>>
>>32647190
Only if breaking in a new gun. Even that's kind of optional, though.

Really, any decent gun doesn't require lube as long as you keep it clean.
>>
Servus faggots! I am Gaston Glock and I confirm hereby that my pistols do not need any kind of lube. They work underwater and even if you pour sand over them. So, sell those nickel-plated pussie guns and get a Glock.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 620x372px
>>
>>32647190
Why lube a doorstop?
>>
>>32647577

still around the 800 mark
>>
>>32647219
>unjacketed ammo
I have literally never seen an unjacketed 9mm round in the 14 years or so I've been shooting. If you are a handloader who makes cast rounds then you're probably willing enough to get that extra barrel anyway. If not just buy jacketed bullets in bulk. It really isn't that big of a problem
>>
>>32647190
wat?
Is this some bullshit that glock haters made up pretending to be glock fanboys?
All guns need lube.
>>32647219
And?
>>32647354
Buttholes actually make their own lube.
>>32647848
That's not what breaking in a new gun means.
It comes with a small amount of lube on it.
>>
>>32647939
ABsuperman plz go
>>
File: DSC_0058.jpg (495KB, 1873x1113px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0058.jpg
495KB, 1873x1113px
I spray down the internals with Hornady one-shot and call it good. That's how I "lube" most of my guns actually.
>>
>>32647190
>need
maybe not. glocks will prob run without lube

manufacturer instructions do recommend a small amount, 1-2 drops, spread over certain areas though
>>
>>32647964
sorry man, hey at least y'all can get svt's and polytech m14's
>>
>>32648659
Not that canuck, but svt's are all out of stock. Our limited selection is slowly getting more limited and expensive. Also the new cz was deemed prohibited because it had moldy labia on it.
>>
>>32647190
Lots of people got this confused... many handgun manufactures that market their guns to be actually used in defensive situations will state that it's better to run the gun dry than over-lube it. That doesn't mean purposely remove any lubrication from a machine that relies on moving parts, that means don't dunk it in a 5 gallon bucket of 10w30 Mobil-1 oil and expect it to perform flawlessly.
>>
File: smiley-teeth_sl-designs.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smiley-teeth_sl-designs.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>32647237
$400 for le/mil
>>
>>32647426
can't even buy a gen 4 in Kommiefornia
>>
>>32648336
>that AUG
my dick
>>
>>32647978
>If you are a handloader who makes cast rounds then you're probably willing enough to get that extra barrel anyway
Why would I spend $500 on a glock +$100 on an aftermarket barrel to fire my cheap homecooked rounds? makes no sense
>>
>>32648909
it will pay for itself after a bit because you be shooting uber cheap home brew ammo instead of store bought. if you think 600 dollars is a lot for a good handgun, you need to get some more xp points
>>
>>32648886
<3
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.