[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy by first pistol. Preferably something easy to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: o-GUNS-facebook.jpg (720KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-GUNS-facebook.jpg
720KB, 2000x1000px
Looking to buy by first pistol. Preferably something easy to handle and CC that's affordable and reliable. Personal recommendations?
>>
>>32645802
>personal recommendations
Go to a range and rent a bunch. All modern well made handguns are reliable when using the ammunition designed for them. No one can tell you what you will like except you.
>>
>>32645802
g19
>>
>>32645802
Deagle brand Deagle
>>
Glock 19. There's a bunch of people that will tell you "oh no buy x or buy x and see if x blah blah blah"

Fuck. That.

The Glock 19 is the only striker gun that can do both home defense and conceal carry well. Don't fall into the trap of overanalyzing everything. And say you do get enough hands on experience with the Glock 19 and find something you don't like about it, you can get an aftermarket part to remedy it. You should however, replace the sights right off the bat. It doesn't have to be that expensive, Defoor Ameriglo sights are only $35 and work very well.

Find out you like say DA/SA more one day and you want to buy a PX4 Compact? Good, you can actually find a buyer your Glock in a reasonable amount of time.

People put WAAAAY too much emphasis on how a gun ""feels"" in your hand. Get a Glock 19, shot timer and run drills with it and really just learn how to shoot it.
>>
>>32646276
>>32646401
Glocks are shit ignore these fanboys.
>>32646270
This.
>>
>>32646423
You are shit.

Ignore this ignorant inbred mutant
>>
Go to a range and rent a few different styles of handguns to figure out what works for you. G19 and glock ripoffs are a common starting point so I'll counter with a CZ75B or variant
>>
great thread amirite xDDDD
>>
Might want something slightly smaller than G19 for CC. Manlet but I find that I can conceal a Beretta 92, yet I feel more comfortable with a small, light probem solva such as a single-stack subcompact since if you really need firepower out and about, you'd be dead anywayswithout a n armed friend.
>>
>>32645802
Steyr
>>
>>32645802
Smith & Wesson SD9VE or M&P 9 full size or compact
>>
>>32649327
Poor man's glock only really applicable if you can't afford a glawk brand glawk

>>32649158
sell me a steyr
>>
>>32649338
I've owned both a Glock 19 and SD9VE and I prefer the Glock but even used it was $90 more than a brand new sd9ve
>>
File: 20170112_144845.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170112_144845.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Buy what fits your wants/needs. I wanted double stack, 9mm, <4 in barrel. Found the Zastava cz999 for under $300. So far, has been great. Wearing it right now.
>>
>>32649158
>no Steyr in .357mag
fucking gay
still love everything else about it and will probably pick one up as my first CCW within a few months, but when I start reloading .38s/.357s I guess I'll be limited to rangetoy revolvers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.