[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ATF Elimination Act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: pres.jpg (59KB, 764x582px) Image search: [Google]
pres.jpg
59KB, 764x582px
http://sensenbrenner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=398088

>Today, Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner reintroduced the ATF Elimination Act, legislation that would dissolve the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and merge its exclusive duties into existing federal agencies.
>>
File: IMG_4708.jpg (17KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4708.jpg
17KB, 250x247px
>>32644200
But don't we need the ATF?
>>
there's already a thread anon
>>32633280

my opinion: same shit different acronym. I don't think this will help anything
>>
>>32644210
the FBI can and should take over the firearms and explosives mandate. IIRC the fbi already does the instant background check, which probably prevents more gun-law violations than all the ATF programs combined.

the DEA should put tobacco and alcohol under their drug mandate.
>>
here is the old text, i assume it hasn't changed

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr1329/text
>>
>>32644200
Hurrr durr the atf will be gone!
NO MORE RULES GUYS!
these threads are cancer. All the atf agents will all go work for whatever new agency is created.
Nothing will change, quit sperging
More over, even if things did change you still couldn't afford anything
>>
File: K9Roufu.jpg (76KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
K9Roufu.jpg
76KB, 2048x1152px
>>32644200
it's a bad idea. The ATF is able to rule on what is and is not legal in the world of guns. You do not want this power transferred to the highly politicized FBI.

Remove the ability of the ATF to issue rulings on firearms instead.
>>
I bet the FBI can and would enforce 922r
>>
>>32644200
the ATF needs to just go back to collecting taxes, like they used to do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_Alcohol,_Tobacco,_Firearms_and_Explosives#History
>>
>>32644258

THEY ARE A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY

THEY DO NOT MAKE LAWS

THEY HAVE BEEN ACTING UNLAWFULLY WHENEVER THEY MADE A "RULING"

THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED

>>
File: 1468275539384.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1468275539384.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
But who will shoot dogs now?
>>
>>32644241
>the FBI can and should take over the firearms and explosives mandate.
You niggas are stupid as hell if you think the FBI won't be stricter than the ATF.
>>
>>32644258
>You do not want this power transferred to the highly politicized FBI.
As opposed to the unpoliticized "Let's ban M855 because Giggles" ATF?
>>
>>32644200
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>32644241
>he DEA should put tobacco and alcohol under their drug mandate.

A should no longer be regulated since we can home brew, and home distilling should be legal. back when ATF was formed, every farm had a pot still becuase thats how farmer brown powered his tractor and model-t.

and who the fuck cares about regulating T an more

so its just the F in question now. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

there's literally no reason for batfe to exist. utterly and completely redundant.
>>
>>32645632
The problem is that the legislation exists. If you get rid of the legislation, the ATF goes away. If you get rid of the ATF, the legislation is still there and is now going to be enforced by a much bigger agency with much more competent agents.
>>
This doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually passing, the Congress critter's just doing it so he can go "Hey guys look how pro second amendment I am! I'm trying to curb government wasteful spending!"

It never goes anywhere but he looks good trying
>>
>>32645711
He looks like an idiot to me. I'd respect him more if he had put in a GCA Elimination Act or an NFA Elimination Act.
>>
>tfw strongly considering writing a letter to Senator Sessions about how the ATF is unconstitutional bullshit and needs to be dismantled
>>
>>32645813
What do you think happens if the ATF gets dismantled?
>>
>>32645955
Dog population explodes.
>>
>>32645978
>>
>>32645978
Haha, but seriously. What do you think happens?
>>
>People thinking this will change anything.
Remember when the government got rid of the Interstate Commerce Commission? You know, the original and oldest of the independent agencies of the Federal Government that formerly wielded immense power and influence? Yeah, all they did was set up the Surface Transportation Board which does the same exact fucking thing.
>>
>>32645978
Literally or metaphorically?
>>
>>32645677
so you introduce a bill to cut its funding so its just two fags sitting at desks doing paperwork
>>
>>32646055
with a lot less regulation

t. trucking company owner
>>
File: f82.png (514KB, 637x729px) Image search: [Google]
f82.png
514KB, 637x729px
>people unironically think this is a good idea
>FBI's face when
>>
>>32646077
I think you mean bureaucracy, because there is more legislation.
>>
>>32646077
Not really. The deregulation started in the 70s and 80s with Staggers Rail Act, Airline Deregulation Act, and the Motor Carrier Act of 1980. Nothing really changed with the dissolution of the ICC and creation of the STB. Same shit, different toilet, etc.
>>
>>32646067
That makes it worse because then wait times for NFA items goes up.
>>
>>32644200
>get rid of the ATF
>"Yay no more gunlaws"
>FBI takes over
>no more AR pistols
>no more bumpfire stocks
>no more sig braces
>no more m855
Wow, good job fucking retards.

The biggest advantage gun owners have right now is the fact that the ATF Is pretty poorly trained. Every agency knows this and the FBI actually gets results.
>>32646067
>Nics goes down, it gets fixed even slower
>gunshops cant order 4473s
>FFL interviews gone forever
>import papers slow as fuck (bye bye foreign ammo)
>>
>>32644258

You think the ATF is less politicized, as you put it, than the FBI?

Do you also believe in Santa Claus?
>>
File: zzzzmisc~40.jpg (289KB, 1424x2032px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzmisc~40.jpg
289KB, 1424x2032px
>>32644258
>ATF
>not politicized
I have never once had to use this reaction image before, so congrats
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.