[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing: The Poor Man's Martial Art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: oldfag1 cross-punches oldfag2.jpg (648KB, 1330x748px) Image search: [Google]
oldfag1 cross-punches oldfag2.jpg
648KB, 1330x748px
>when the only necessary comment is in the title
>>
File: turkish wrestling.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
turkish wrestling.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>32643573
Lol boxing is nothing when you're on the ground. In a street fight, 90% of the time you end on the ground. Enjoy getting dad dicked by someone with even a basic high school wrestling background.
>>
>>32643641
>be retarded American
>think "wrestling" is actually a thing
>has never been in a fight
>>
>>32643657
>>think "wrestling" is actually a thing
>>be retarded American

Unless you're from Africa, it's highly likely your country has scholastic wrestling to feed their Olympic program you dingus. Even if you are from Africa it's 100% chance that your country (or one of the cultures that makes up your country) has a folk wrestling tradition.

>>32643573
>Boxing: The Poor Man's Martial Art

Let me guess, Tang Soo Do?

Fag.
>>
>>32643641
From a self defence perspective this makes no sense. If you are outnumbered going to ground isn't going to help. If you aren't outnumbered being able to end the fight in one punch and escape is far more likely and useful than starting a grapple.
>>
>>32643573
No real comment on flailing at each other versus rolling around on the ground like a couple of retarded monkeys, but you're all doing yourselves a disservice if you never seen the movie OP's picture is from.
>>
>>32644025
Liberty Valance?
>>
>>32643671
He died
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 220x334px
>>32644036
Yep. I'd forgot pic.
>>
File: box.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
box.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>32643573
>>
>>32643573
It's a lot better than not knowing how to throw a punch.
>>
>>32643706
Not that guy, but..

Don't talk shit about my Korean martial art fuck face.
>>
>>32643573
Boxing:
>Learn to punch someone in the face, quickly, accurately and powerfully. Only 2 of the three being necissary to win a fight or get out of danger.
>Learn how to avoid being hit in the face

Its literally everything you need to know if you intend on defending yourself from an unarmed assailant.
>>
>>32644607
>Don't talk shit about my Korean martial art fuck face.
Korea doesn't have MAs if you disregard pre war archery. Everything Gorea has today MA-wise is bullshit that was made based on karate movies.
>>
>>32643706
>Even if you are from Africa it's 100% chance that your country (or one of the cultures that makes up your country) has a folk wrestling tradition.

Africans, for the most part, fist fight. Well, they slap-punch fight. Culturally they stick-fight.

The Venda tribe of South Africa, for example, have an annual bare-knuckle brawl festival involving hundreds of men, shits amazing, fighting defensively is considered cowardly so guys just go out swinging. There are also no weight classes or age-group divisions. Its essentially a BTFO fest.

t. Grew up in Africa
>>
>>32644677
Oh, nevermind. Now that I see that you don't know what your talking about, I don't have to take you seriously.
>>
>>32644672
Unless they know a real martial art, in which case you're probably fucked.
>>
>>32643774
Not knowing how to grapple makes you much more susceptible to getting taken down and kept there because you don't know how to control somebody and get them off you.

This may come as a shock to you, but the best fighters are well rounded in their skill sets.
>>
>>32644720
Define "real martial art"

Pugilism is THE Martial art that pre-dates all others.
>>
>>32644739
Any martial art that trains in punches, kicks, grapples, throws, kinfe/gun defence, and combination attacks.

Just training footwork and punches is a start, but you're screwed if your opponent uses a grapple combo. Also, when they kick you in the dick.
>>
>>32644781
>Because it is common to encounter a criminal or drunkard whom is skilled in the real world application of martial arts

Bro, you are over-complicating and hyper-analyzing what is a very simple event.
>>
>>32644677
No. Research ssireum and taekyon. These are both quite old.
Taekwondo, hapkido, tang soo do, yudo, hwarang do, tukgongmusul are all relatively new, but they have a lot of korean influence to make them unique.

They are all quite fun to practice. If you practice them for your own enjoyment. Not because you want to be "street deadly" tm.
>>
Boxing is a brilliant thing to learn i dont know why White Americans dont really seem into it anymore it looks like its more a Black/Mexican thing in America which is a shame while in the UK Boxing gyms are packed even just training in it for a few years and having a couple of amateur fights make a difference.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.