[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M249 gun is best gun. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1619396-1.jpg (1MB, 2864x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1619396-1.jpg
1MB, 2864x2048px
I fired 800 rounds out of this thing today at the range. That was over 12 hours ago and my boner still hasn't gone away.

Wat do?
>>
>>32641964
Buy it, fuck ammo box
>>
>>32641964
>. Prove me wrong
It weighs twice what it should.
>>
You sound like the target demographic of the M249S.
>>
>>32641973
I would if I could. Sadly my armorer wouldn't sell it to me.

>>32641984
Seems pretty manageable to me.

>>32641988
>semi-auto machine gun
I'd rather cut my dick off then fire this gun one round at a time
>>
>>32641984

How could it possibly be 50% lighter?
>>
>>32641984
Either a retard or an IAR fag (so another retard).
>>
>>32641988
>>32642008
>buy M249S
>have a bump-fire stock made for it
>load up on cheap Tula and Wolf Gold and go hogwild at the range
>>
>>32642017
It uses 5.56... I love the belt-feeding thing, but it's rather expensive for 5.56, especially when you can get a light, inexpensive AR 15.

It's a beautiful gun, but if it's not gonna spray bullets like it's automatic version, what's the point?
>>
File: frontline3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
frontline3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>32641964
It requires constant cleaning and maintenance to keep operational, far higher than any other comparable weapon in the LMG designation.
Open bolt means it fucking loves to accumulate shit in it that needs cleaned out. Also the risk of cooking off if you get too trigger happy.
It's got a crapload of little nooks and crannies that accumulate carbon and other shit that are difficult to reach in a field strip without special tools but nonetheless need to be constantly cleaned.
5.56 out of an LMG is wholly underwhelming.
The 240 is a better weapon than it in literally every way except weight.

If you're getting a persistent warboner from a 249, you are going to fucking cream yourself if you ever get your greasy mitts on a Ma Deuce.
>>
File: gladiator_01.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gladiator_01.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>32641964
hahahahahaha little man thinks his 249 is best.

little man has little trigger time compared to me.

i not only carried mighty 240B for countless miles, but fired untold rounds from its glorious boolit hole.

240B is superior in every way, 249 is jammomatic AR-15 on crack.

>longer range
>7.62x51 glory
>the sound of the "chug chug chug chug"
>being belt fed battle rifle
>28lbs unloaded

hahahaha sorry, only real men can of the handling.
>>
>>32642008
>Seems pretty manageable to me.
You haven't had to march with it for 8 hours.

>>32642017
Would probably need an entire redisign to accomplish it but for being an LMG, the thing weighs a fucking ton.

>>32642033
>weighs more than several GPMGS and is one of the heaviest LMGs in service today
>>
File: 23472372346.jpg (83KB, 700x477px) Image search: [Google]
23472372346.jpg
83KB, 700x477px
>>32641964
>>
>>32642055
>It requires constant cleaning and maintenance
I guess. I have nothing to compare it to.
>Also the risk of cooking off if you get too trigger happy.
That barrel was white hot. I was told it could happen but today nothing.
>The 240 is a better weapon than it in literally every way except weight.
I shot that today too. It was mounted on an LMTV though. Not nearly as bonerific.
>you are going to fucking cream yourself if you ever get your greasy mitts on a Ma Deuce
I get to next week. I can't wait.

>>32642069
I fired that today too but sadly it was mounted on an LMTV. Kinda took the fun out of it.
>>
>>32642055
>It requires constant cleaning and maintenance to keep operational, far higher than any other comparable weapon in the LMG designation.
If the only ones you are familiar with are the used up specimens in US service, sure.

>Open bolt means it fucking loves to accumulate shit in it that needs cleaned out.
Open bolt is extremely desirable on a weapon that is going to be firing a lot in full-auto, your precious M240B is open bolt.

>Also the risk of cooking off if you get too trigger happy.
The exact opposite you fucking mouth breather, open bolt means there is no cartridge in the chamber except when it fires, cookoff literally can't happen, because there is no cartridge to cook in the chamber.
Also you have spare barrels.

>It's got a crapload of little nooks and crannies that accumulate carbon and other shit that are difficult to reach in a field strip without special tools but nonetheless need to be constantly cleaned.
Aside from maybe the delinker, not especially.

>5.56 out of an LMG is wholly underwhelming.
But it gives volume and is simple to maneuver.

>The 240 is a better weapon than it in literally every way except weight.
The M240B is a GPMG and isn't meant to fill the role of a SAW
They would be terrible at each other's job.
>>
>>32642044
Does it jam? Mine had a jam or two when I was trying to single shot it.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>32642053
>if it's not gonna spray bullets like it's automatic version

There is always hope /k/omrade.
>>
>>32642140
The full-auto open-bolt version and semi-auto closed-bolt version behave pretty differently.

I'll hazard a guess that a gun designed as a closed-bolt weapon will have no issues firing semi-automatically, it'd be pretty embarrassing if it did.
>>
>>32642263
apparently the semi-auto M249 is close enough to the auto one they can be converted by dropping in the select-fire parts, or so the rumor was from the Nevada/Arizona full auto range guys
>>
>>32641964
i had this thing in the military
yes i love it
yes i destroied my pants because my boner just ripped them apart
yes if you have never shot one of these your life isnt worth lifing

but is it the best gon? HELL NO
the gun, spear barrle, and ammo weight a fucking ton and you may have failures
>>
Why hasn't anyone called OP's pic out for being airshit?
>>
>>32642284
I'll hazard a guess that this is complete bullshit given how the FCG and action is pretty different.

And of course the dimensions, and ATF opinion.
>>
>>32642503
Because he already came off as a newb so it doesn't seem important.

Besides, he never claimed it was the gun in question and he probably just grabbed something off Google.
>>
>>32641964
>5.56
Try the full size FN MAG in Real Fucking Nato and get back to me.
>>
>>32641964
>open bolt
>>
>>32642622
Yes, most (good) squad automatic weapons and general purpose machineguns fire from an open bolt position.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.