[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tbh, SHTF would be boring as fuck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1484365641689.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1484365641689.gif
351KB, 263x239px
People would just be hunkering down in their homes. If dangerous situations arise, it would be the 1% of the time compared to the 99% of the time if you are moderately prepared. You will be just sitting in your chair in your basement next to your SPAM and buckets of powdered milk, waiting to build up enough semen to masturbate again to all the clop on your laptop.

If your lucky.
>>
>>32641037
you must not live near black folks
>>
After the great panic and people started getting their shit together again it would get boring as fuck, people would die of being bored and looking for trouble.

>like niggers now
>>
First thing I'm doing is moving to the west and restarting the old west style dueling and killing.
>new vegas still has a chance
>>
>>32641037
I live in a small desert town so if SHTF happens life here will most likely go on as usual, just without anybody coming through the town.
>>
>>32641037
The worst part of any SHTF scenario is the lack of internet. I can deal with solitude - all my friends and lover have already left me (some, like my girlfriend, rather recently). But even I don't have enough books stockpiled to pass the time for long. Even assuming that I'm not confined to bunker or fortification, I'd give it about two weeks before the boredom gets to me and my depression starts to make a comeback. Worse if I don't have means of medicating.
An idle mind might as well be a death sentence for my broken ass.
>>
>>32641037
Valid point largely underestimated by most of thoses so called "preppers", while they keep jacking off to the greyman concept or some other bullshit.

If you have nothing to live for, all your supplies are only valuable for the month it'll take you to shoot yourself in the mouth.

That's another story if you have a family, or only take into account a return to normal scenario (like an earthquake or a flood ie)
>>
File: 1454651632464.png (222KB, 915x694px) Image search: [Google]
1454651632464.png
222KB, 915x694px
>live in a flat in a city
>a city built on top of a fucking fault line
>that statistically has big earthquakes every 100-300 years according to geologists
>that hasn't had a big earthquake for over 300 years
>tfw my level of prep is a flecktarn jacket and three 420g cans of baked beans
>>
File: frustrated and sad.png (300KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated and sad.png
300KB, 500x378px
I feel like an evil bastard for saying this, but in a non-natural disaster SHTF where civilized life is over, I'd rather my family get taken out early on.

I think having to keep my wife sane or dote on my father or whoever else is around would get tiresome fast. I'd rather just say fuck it and start wandering around after the initial event.
>>
>>32641495
As long as you have money in the bank, you can always simply drive to the next city for some food if worse comes to worst and you suddenly experience a major, city-leveling earthquake.
>>
>>32641313
Cheers, friendless and loverless anon. I'm in the same situation. Divorced, moved to another state for my job, no friends, etc. Oh well...
>>
>>32641313
Yeah but then you use that time without internet to build cool shit, learn how to grow stuff, and have kids. Plus, you'll still have vidya.

But let's be real here, the only SHTF that can happen in America without any radiation/total annihilation is a civil war, and even then it'll only be a couple years, shit won't be blowing up all around you all the time, soldiers won't always be invading your home, it's just generally going to be very boring(and if you're mostly on the move all the time, miserable).

Unless you're in the south, in which case God bless you and God help you, most SHTF preparation gear(like water filters and such), while always nice to have and own, won't be of much use. /k/ really needs to stop preparing for nonstop warfare as a one-man battalion, and start preparing for the financial collapse.
>>
File: 30702370320.gif (79KB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
30702370320.gif
79KB, 450x290px
>>32641519
>t. yellow belly
>>
>>32641037
In 1997 SHTF in Albania. I was already in the states at the time, 5 years old and growing up in a ghetto where Eastern European gangs duked it out with Blacks and Puerto Ricans.
In 2006 I went to visit family with my father. Now guns are for the most part illegal in Albania, yet everyone and their grandmother has an AK at the very least. My fathers cousin told us about going out to greet a friend who stopped for groceries, about 10-15 steps from the gate a bullet ripped through his skull and he dropped dead. He lay there for 2 days before anybody picked him up.
I've heard dozens of stories like this from cousins and friends. My favorite one though was from an old army buddy of my dads. Guy was a tank driver. He was also something of a paranoid "the sky is falling down" kind of a guy. So naturally he already had a plan if SHTF. He stole a tank, put a plow on it. During the day he farmed. During the night he slept in it and woke up if something rustled. He opened fire on several occasions at animals and things that go bump in the night. He even fired a tank shell.
SHTF is not ideal. People die.
>>
>>32641589
I don't know if that's true.

There is a single coastal highway in and out and it's liable to be earthquake damaged or tsunami'd, and then another motorway (? might be highway) leading out through the mountains, and neither of which would, if it survived, have the capacity to sustain mass evacuation in a timely fashion

t. Wellington, NZ
>>
>>32642103
For some reason I can't see anyone in New Zealand getting to wild.
>>
>>32642126
you've never been to a rugby match
>>
File: 1417935650057.jpg (27KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1417935650057.jpg
27KB, 499x499px
>>32642126
It's not the people I'm worried about, it's the fault in the earth's crust I live on top of.

We had a 7.8 a while away from Wellington in November and my fucking flat shook like a roodypoo on crack, supposedly survived with only cosmetic damage to plaster and paneling.

But I imagine a megathrust on the alpine fault that would be even bigger and maybe closer to Wellington, or possibly even a regular earthquake on the Wellington fault, would cause a lot more damage than some buildings needing to be demolished.

>tfw living in constant insecurity of death by building collapse in super big eathquake
>>
There is a reason FEMA reccomends playing cards or similar in your bug out bag
>>
>>32642103
Just take the ferry to the South Island, or bug out to P A L M Y N O R T H
>>
>>32641252
>restarting the old west style dueling and killing.
Good luck restarting something that never happened. Modern Chicago is far more dangerous than the Wild West ever was.
>>
>>32642319
Last earthquake knocked out the ferry terminal

DESU it was preddy neat when the NZ ships and some Amerilards came down from whatever they were doing in Auckland to go south to where the damage was severe but I was out of town for that
>>
File: 1482703011661.jpg (28KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
1482703011661.jpg
28KB, 480x252px
>>32642355
There are times when I just really want shtf to happen then i remember that im only 40 minutes from Chicago...
>>
>>32642102
How the fuck do you steal a tank?
>>
>>32642459
630 here. I feel like I'm just barely far enough away from Chicago, but the cancer is slowly spreading.
>>
>>32641062
>>32642066
who are you quoting?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.